Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 hours ago, rocat said:

It’s not the leather nor the corset, my dear, you are still lucid. I think.

Quick, how many fingers is this?

200.gif?cid=09287e48kogyw6d7rkfdocqnqe97 5 chingu🥰 I got a little tipsy celebrated with close friends(birthday) until 1am LOL 

4 hours ago, rocat said:

Tomorrow, yeah? Can’t wait!

do they looks like actual students🤔

----

6 hours ago, rocat said:

yep, and that’s why I spend time here. 🥰

Friends linked by common interests, humour, and oppas across different geographies and ages!

yes and also we can discuss our favorites dramas(Chinese, Thai, k-drama, Jdrama) different foods and drinks

Pineapple-Mint-Prosecco-Punch-HERO.jpgcto PINEAPPLE MINT PROSECCO PUNCH

==

2 hours ago, joccu said:

and if someone want to visit Finland I’m always up for being guide. 

Still looking for the information where they are filming. 

living in finland crumbs finally @joccu

"they are very strong and only sleep 5 hours a day" ,op said jehoon, donghwi, eunwoo & dongyeon are really working hard filming for 'finland rent a room'  i'm looking forward to seeing how it'll turn out🥺

Spoiler

c.@simpforjehoon

@partyon you should included his ultimate Chinese oppa😄

right @MayanEcho😎

1842f446bc45c1bfec071bfc39eb2e09bb495e9b.gifv

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

12 hours ago, WeunXK said:

do they looks like actual students🤔

College students, yes. 🙂

12 hours ago, partyon said:

The Food Blogger award

Ooo, thanks! Though what is it exactly that I got, cos sometimes ibb.co images are wonky from my side. 😆

Servings of beef kafta and fattoush for everyone! 😉

Beef-Kafta-4.jpg

ctto

Fattoush-Salad-11-1024x1536.jpg

ctto

12 hours ago, WeunXK said:

you should included his ultimate Chinese oppa😄

😄

Now that 3L3W 3rd story is completed, if it's adapted into drama like the previous 2 stories, I'd love to see him again as Dijun, this time as the babysitter of his half-son, the Jiuchongtian 3rd Prince Lian Song. 😆

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, joccu said:

someone want to visit Finland I’m always up for being guide. 

Haha definitely even without kwakkie! 

I always wanted to see Lappland and also aurora Borealis!

but I hear that food is expensive :(

helsinki is also one of the European cities I haven’t been to yet 

+2

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

@agenth   Yeah the food is bit expensive compared to other Europe countries. The food is more cheap in Sweden.  But I’m Finnish so I find the food price pretty decent. also I’m so used to the prices.

the price range is pretty same as in France.  

and nowadays what you would say is expensive(food)? 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 4
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, joccu said:

Yeah the food is bit expensive compared to other Europe countries. The food is more cheap in Sweden.  But I’m Finnish so I find the food price pretty decent. also I’m so used to the prices.

the price range is pretty same as in France.  

and nowadays what you would say is expensive(food)? 

I went to Stockholm a couple of years ago and I don’t remember it as expensive. Sure a bit more than in my hometown, but acceptable.

tbh in Vienna also post Covid, prices exploded.

if you look at google maps and check out a place, you see a menu from 6 months ago.

then you think cool, ill order a quiche lorrain for 7.90 euro.

then you go to the place and the menu says it costs 15.90. 

I ended up ordering else out of principle.

wtffff

yeah it just is super expensive in a super fast way, it’s not like I got a pay bump as fast as prices riseZ

What is expensive? Well it depends on location, Ambiente and of course quality. But if for drinks and food you pay 30 euro already, it is more on the expensive side 

+ 2

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

@MayanEcho ~ read a lovely story on Reddit for a change and it made me smile. So thought of sharing with you.

It is from one of the India related subs. So girl posted a few months back sharing her broken engagement story. It was arranged marriage. Her ex basically was still in love with his old girlfriend and still hanging out with her family. He broke up with her saying that he had not developed any feelings (not even attraction). His family was really nice and apologized for his behaviour. So she was feeling down and posted.

One of the users suggested some fella they knew in Reddit who also belonged to her community. The girl was like sure, why not. That guy actually sent her a DM and then things moved on from there rather quickly. They really hit it off and the families also met. Now she and that new guy she met through Reddit are actually formally engaged.

Spoiler

this was the pic she shared from the event

CDN media

The wedding is set for end of the year. The guy who played at matchmaker is no longer on Reddit -- apparently he had a baby girl and is busy with life. The couple don't even know the real name of their matchmaker. 😂😂

re: @kokodus

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

@agenth  the prices in restaurants are about 20-40 euros for food. Really depends on what kind restaurant you are. 

my Swedish friend laught when I told that I paid 20 euros for pesto pasta in Finland when in Sweden i paid about 15 euros. 

one class of wine or Prosecco is expensive.  I mean it could cost more than a bottle in Alko( Finnish alcohol store) 

You can not buy alcohol that is over 11% in food markets. They Don’t sell it. So if you want to have good wine or Prosecco or any strong alcohol you have buy it in Alko which is own by the Finnish government.

• Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

yesterday I was watching this funny youtube video from a linguist who was talking about pronunciation of the name "Kamala Harris" and how different people pronounce in English due to phonetics. I found the youtube comments hilarious. someone said that apparently Kamala in Finnish means "horrible" 😂😂

@joccu - can you confirm?

Another comment that cracked me up is that there are multiple meanings for Kamala in Indian languages-- one is lotus but it can also refer to a type of orange variety. Then someone said the elections is a fight between orange man (Trump) and orange woman (Kamala) 😂😂😂😂

The kamala orange

Spoiler

Kamala Orange 500 gms at Rs 40/kg | संतरे in Coimbatore | ID: 18875601573

re: @kokodus

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

Soompi-Memebrs-Banner.jpg

Award shows don't rest on the weekends. Let's see who won today? :yay:

DAY 5

@rocher22  The Global Seer Award

Spoiler

The Global Seer award -

"for not being picky with which dramas to watch (Japan, Korea, Thailand, China, Turkey, etc.) - as long as the drama has a cute oppa and is not revenge/makjang"

20.jpg

@WeunXK The Incognito Award

Spoiler

The Incognito award -

"for most name changes on the forum"

3.jpg

@confusedheart  The Save Every Cardboard Award

Spoiler

The Save Every Cardboard award -

"for adopting one and all cardboard oppas irrespective of their current acting skills and lack of improvement"

6.jpg

Congrats to all of our winners! :fullofhearts:

tagging:

@Lmangla @sadthe1st @LeftCoastOppa @joccu @4evrkdrama @kokodus @Dhakra @gm4queen @confusedheart @agenth @Thong Thin @larus @WeunXK @sweetroad @partyon @willenette @liyahsbutterfly @Ameera Ali @Wuzetian @nohamahamoud2002 @SilverDawn @rocher22 @rocat @Sleepy Owl @MayanEcho @Ernie 

PS. Aren't @gm4queen's pictures so cute? :love:

32 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

someone said that apparently Kamala in Finnish means "horrible" 😂😂

I can confirm this because I've heard it before from some Finnish people. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla I can confirm . Kamala in Finnish means horrible. 

bwahahahaha.... So how is it pronounced? Do the press say her full name or do they shorten it? It would be hilarious to hear in news "Horrible Harris is running for elections" 😂😂😂😂

So the linguist in video broke it down nicely: for some reason, American English does not have short vowel sounds. Instead, they elongate everything.

So that means her name is pronounced like this: camel-ah or calm-la. 

In British English, they do have the short vowel sound but they haven't figured out whether to copy the American counterparts. So they are kind of pronouncing it between o and a sound like this: comma-la. 

The Indian pronunciation is actually: come-uh-laa or come-laa for short. We have short and long vowels. Ka and Ma are short 'ah' vowel sound while La is long 'aaah' vowel sound. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@Lmangla  Kamala is pronounced the same way that it is written. So Ka-ma-la. 

everything is pronounced the same way that they are written in Finnish. 

like Minun nimeni on which means my name is. So you pronounce it Mi-nun ni-me-ni on. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

To my understanding, Finnish is pronounced exactly as its written.

https://en.bab.la/dictionary/finnish-english/kamala

You can click on the little icon to hear some woman pronouncing it.

It is very close to the Indian pronunciation but the K sounds a bit different. Like a hard kh sound instead of soft k sound like in come.  

re: @joccu

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

read a lovely story on Reddit for a change and it made me smile. So thought of sharing with you.

A big change from the mind-boggling Reddit stories 😉 Thanks for sharing! And the details of that dress is stunning!

Spoiler

Oranges had come for America! 

Sorry, can't resist using Obama's campaign cry 🤭

29 minutes ago, partyon said:

Aren't @gm4queen's pictures so cute? :love:

Can't see images uploaded via ibb.co unfortunately. 😅 So I still don't know what I got last night. 😆

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Can't see images uploaded via ibb.co unfortunately. 😅 So I still don't know what I got last night. 😆

You can't see them on any device? Are you using an adblocker? Is it your antivirus? If you click on the link of the image and open it separately on ibb.co (not on this forum), can you still not see it?

https://i.ibb.co/Bjwvjmy/6.jpg

Anyone else having this issue?

I have adblockers on so I can't see any X / Twitter material embedded on this forum on my devices... :grimace:

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3