Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, partyon said:

This kdrama was one I couldn't stop crying over. I literally cried buckets in every single episode. My tears wouldn't stop. It's such an emotional drama and your Lee Bo Young noona was amazing in her role. The little girl too. It's such a heartbreaking drama.

Such an emotional roller coaster. Remember the garbage bag scene? This alone will traumatize you for days.  Of course she did, Lee Bo Young is an outstanding actress. 

Haven't watched Hide yet, it somehow doesn't speak to me. But not many dramas currently do. 

Is this drama with @Lmangla's oppa Taecyeon?

Yes, he's the hero of the drama.

This sounds like a hot mess.

The best thing about it was Uee for sure.

You in?

When does it air? I don't know yet, but next year I will watch for sure. Germany is probably going to step up their game for the upcoming years. A german TV-Legend (Stefan Raab) announced his comeback and it seems he plans to overhaul the whole process of finding new candidates to represent Germany at the ESC. 
He is responsible for Lena Meyer-Landruth's win and participates himself successfully.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Who's gonna join our Soompi Eurovision party soon?

@sweetroad @larus @Ameera Ali @rocher22 @agenth @Dhakra @MayanEcho @sadthe1st @rocat 

You in?

The only time I watched Eurovision was a show of the same name (sorta) with Will Ferrell in it. He was one of the participants.  I cringed so much watching him.

I do watch the youtubes of the highlighted performances.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

15 hours ago, partyon said:

I feel like I have read the lakorn's plot in one of the AITAH posts before?

Maybe the scriptwriters read Reddit for inspo. 😅

15 hours ago, partyon said:

Yay for Eurovision! Who's gonna join our Soompi Eurovision party soon?

@sweetroad @larus @Ameera Ali @rocher22 @agenth @Dhakra @MayanEcho @sadthe1st @rocat 

You in?

I only know Lena, and that's cos I watch The Voice. 😆

Teriyaki-Salmon-Donburi-Bowl-6-Edit.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe the scriptwriters read Reddit for inspo. 😅

Nah, all lakorns are like this, chingu :loolz:

My jam today while working on a weekend....

I notice that EDM (Electronic Dance Music) helps me focus when I have to produce a lot of text at work. Anyone else noticed the same?

@sweetroad @4evrkdrama Fun fact: the guy singing in the video is Theo Hutchcraft and he might be unphotogenic or something, because I find him quite mediocre in pics and music videos. But dude is ABSOLUTELY stunning IRL. :love: I met him once, and I couldn't take my eyes off of him! Neither could my friend. :joy:

Excited Hilary Duff GIF by The Bachelor

I hear Justin Timberlake is another celebrity who is a lot more handsome IRL than in pics and movies.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:37 PM, rocat said:

I do watch the youtubes of the highlighted performances.

Any favorites this time around? Switzerland or Croatia perhaps? They're the 2 favorites to win this year.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

ny favorites this time around? Switzerland or Croatia perhaps? They're the 2 favorites to win this

Netherlands, definitely that. They seem to be trying to gather the EU states in lyrics. It’s a hoot. :lol:

• LOL 4

11 minutes ago, rocat said:

Netherlands, definitely that. They seem to be trying to gather the EU states in lyrics. It’s a hoot. :lol:

Am seeing Joost from the Netherlands hanging out with Käärijä - the guy from Finland who almost won Eurovision last year. People are wondering if he's gonna make an appearance on stage this year.

Instant win in that case. EVERYONE, even your grandma, loved the Finnish entry. :joy:

@sweetroad still can't forget him - lol

Am still gonna vote for Croatia, no doubt.

@Ameera Ali No abs on stage with this one :bawling:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Nah, all lakorns are like this, chingu

That, or they're aiming to top those crazy LatAm dramas. 😆 Have they found their equivalent of Itati Cantoral (Soraya Montenegro)?

I notice that EDM (Electronic Dance Music) helps me focus when I have to produce a lot of text at work. Anyone else have the same?

For me it doesn't matter which genre, so long that I like what I'm listening to. Much better if it’s a favourite artist's album or songs like Celine Dion's or Enya's or Bee Gees or Air Supply, or OST especially of animes I like. 

another celebrity who is a lot more handsome IRL than in pics and movies.

They either disappoint or make you fangirl more when you see them in person. It's a great feeling though to be their fan, or be pleasantly surprised, when they turn out to be better up close and personal than their publicity pics and videos.

Sheet-Pan-Chicken-Shawarma-Bowls-4-e1574

ctto

• Blob 4

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That, or they're aiming to top those crazy LatAm dramas. 😆 Have they found their equivalent of Itati Cantoral (Soraya Montenegro)?

They're all the equivalent of Soraya :D

For me it doesn't matter which genre, so long that I like what I'm listening to. Much better if it’s a favourite artist's album or songs like Celine Dion's or Enya's or Bee Gees or Air Supply, or OST especially of animes I like. 

I like a wide variety of music (classical to techno to rock to rap to pop to ballads to 60s motown etc.). But when I have a super tight deadline and I have to write a lot of text (which will require creativity and extreme concentration), I need something extremely energetic... Dance music or techno will do it.

Sometimes I will listen to BTS's rap line's songs - especially when I need to drown out the extra chatter in the office. LOL

It's a great feeling though to be their fan, or be pleasantly surprised, when they turn out to be better up close and personal than their publicity pics and videos.

Oh, I never see anyone I fangirl, like my oppas. :bawling:

I have just met celebrities that OTHER people fangirl. :crybaby:

Or like people I'm not interested in. Like Adam Lambert, Clint Eastwood, a Big Bang Theory actor, some presidents / prime ministers, politicians, world famous rock bands or European royals.

Am horrible at recognizing celebrities IRL, so I tend to walk past them without noticing them. Even worse is that I have talked to quite a few - totally oblivious of the fact that they're actually celebrities.

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

But when I have a super tight deadline and I have to write a lot of text (which will require creativity and extreme concentration), I need something extremely energetic...

Don't forget the coffee! 😆

13 minutes ago, partyon said:

Am horrible at recognizing celebrities IRL, so I tend to walk past them without noticing them. Even worse is that I have talked to quite a few - totally oblivious of the fact that they're actually celebrities.

They actually like it, that they're treated normally... at least the ones I've met and talked to? They smile the widest when they aren’t fawned over during their private times.

Back in uni I had a few celebrity classmates or siblings of celebrities who'd come visiting, and they're very much down-to-earth. I'd sometimes help in some lessons or homeworks the one who was my seatmate. 😅 She'd sometimes come to class still having traces of make-up from overnight shoots. 

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

Or like people I'm not interested in. Like Adam Lambert, Clint Eastwood, a Big Bang Theory actor, some presidents / prime ministers, politicians, world famous rock bands or European royals.

There are politicians who have the aura of power, no? You'd know they're somebody even when they're just standing quietly waiting for the lift just as you are. Some are also unremarkable. Most are funny...some would attend meetings after meetings and still look fresh with good humour and demeanour even if it's already dawn. Budget deliberations is the best time to watch them. 

• Blob 3

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Don't forget the coffee! 😆

Oh, I don't function without coffee. Even on basic mode. :D

They actually like it, that they're treated normally... at least the ones I've met and talked to? They smile the widest when they aren’t fawned over during their private times.

Yea, that's what I've gathered. I happened to run into this handsome and famous rock band lead singer years ago from time to time in a place I frequently visited, and I would see him there quite often. We started talking to each other - you know just small things and saying hi when we met. I didn't realize until we said hi to each other in a local restaurant that he was actually famous. I deduced it from the amount of fangirls trying to get his autograph.

Shame GIF

Back in uni I had a few celebrity classmates or siblings of celebrities who'd come visiting, and they're very much down-to-earth. I'd sometimes help in some lessons or homeworks the one who was my seatmate. 😅 She'd sometimes come to class still having traces of make-up from overnight shoots. 

Ooh, nice! Any celebrities I know ? :love:

There are politicians who have the aura of power, no?

I normally don't notice them until someone whispers in my ear that I should pay attention to who that is. :facepalm:

Yea, I need celebrity facial recognition skills. I just don't understand.... I can pick out handsome oppas from any picture, but not when it comes to RL.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ooh, nice! Any celebrities I know ?

That I don't know 😅 They're local celebs, but a couple of them had works exported overseas. 

We started talking to each other - you know just small things and saying hi when we met. I didn't realize until we said hi to each other in a local restaurant that he was actually famous. I deduced it from the amount of fangirls trying to get his autograph.

You weren't asking autographs from previous meetings and was being nice to him because he's pleasant to talk to, not because he's celebrity. They appreciate that a lot - and keeps them grounded knowing that there are others that still do not recognize them.

For me, the best way to show I'm a fan is by supporting their works - watching their movies and shows, buying their CDs/DVDs/books...

Yea, I need celebrity facial recognition skills. I just don't understand.... I can pick out handsome oppas from any picture, but not when it comes to RL.

Well, in pictures they're meant to grab attention. It would be their prettiest faces and angles. Outside, they're on their own how to make others give them second looks naturally, and not like someone desperate for approval.

I normally don't notice them until someone whispers in my ear that I should pay attention to who that is

Some are unremarkable and quiet, until they start speaking or interacting. 🙂

• Blob 3

anyone watched Goodbye Earth?

i'm struggling through the episodes.. it's so draggy..

Parasyte: The Grey on the other hand, was short straight to the point and amazing!

bz7h7rhim9axg3wmcd9d.jpg

cr.: owner

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

15 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i'm struggling through the episodes.. it's so draggy..

Too many draggy dramas at the moment. Even Hide ended up being a real dud. :rage: FFed the last episode like crazy.

@MayanEcho It's a pass for me. He has no abs.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__focused_v3.

@larus @joccu @4evrkdrama @MayanEcho @sweetroad Have you been keeping up with the scandal at HYBE ? Now BTS is being dragged into it. :scream:

Too bad pannchoa got taken offline (either voluntarily or involuntarily) right before the scandal. Can only find k-netz reactions on netizenbuzz now.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, partyon said:

Have you been keeping up about the scandal at HYBE ?

I read a little but I did not understand what is going on, where it all started . I don`t really want to follow another scandal in the K-idol world.

+2

• Blob 3

It's a pass for me. He has no abs

I'm more like whoever thought Madagascar movies are meant for kids haven't really watched the movies. 😆

Have you been keeping up about the scandal at HYBE ? Now BTS is being dragged into it.

Not really, is it over the shaman thing with ADOR CEO? Or the release date of a BTS music that "clashed" with NewJeans? 

+×÷+×÷+×÷+×÷+

Meme and Kirin tea longest transpo advertisement at Yoyogi-Hachiman train station. 

Woah.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Which kdramas are you going to watch in May?

Crash?

2w7L8R_4f.jpg

The Brave Yong Soo Jung?

x4Y4kE_3f.jpg

Dare to Love Me?

qYwov0_3f.jpg

Vote in the poll!

@sadthe1st @larus @rocat @4evrkdrama @Lmangla @confusedheart @gm4queen @kokodus @Sleepy Owl @rocher22 @MayanEcho @Ameera Ali @sweetroad @Dhakra @agenth @joccu @LeftCoastOppa @kingpin

- no number -

• Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 7

@partyon I haven't been keeping up with Hybe - what's happening with BTS?

I'm on Episode 14 of Encounter. I have been totally addicted to this drama for the past week!! PBG is so cute, and this is my first real SHK drama (I dropped Now We Are Breaking Up at episode 4)

th?id=OIP.Z_e3zXdc0PgWdQCsPHwR3gAAAA%26p

• Blob 4

8 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

@partyon I haven't been keeping up with Hybe - what's happening with BTS?

So they've been in the news lately. You know that HYBE owns a lot of agencies that they acquired, and one of them is ADOR which is Newjeans agency. Well looks like the CEO of ADOR and HYBE got into a public fight and it's been a lot back and forth. Now other bands have gotten dragged into this, including BTS.

Just read koreaboo and netizenbuzz for all the latest updates:

https://www.koreaboo.com/

https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/

It was unfortunate that pannchoa got taken down a week ago, because they have now missed out on all the tea being served. Am finding it hard to find k-netz comments about the scandal.

People on reddit and x are saying that pannchoa got sued and that's why the blog has been removed. I did some digging around a few minutes ago, and I found the owner of pannchoa asking google for help to reinstate her blog. Looks like the whole blog was removed by google because it was incorrectly flagged as spam:

https://support.google.com/blogger/thread/270723744/my-blog-was-incorrectly-removed-as-spam?hl=en

• Blob 4