Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@joccu Have you watched this documentary?

This documentary was very disturbing - not just because it depicts a massive earthquake with so many casualties - but also because of many of the people they had chosen to interview in this documentary.

One tourist wanted to continue the climb Everest "because he had paid for it", despite many people being dead on the mountain. It was implied that a tourist group looted all the money of a villager who had just lost his home - the whole village being wiped out. One official was more concerned that his local rescue teams wouldn't get to shine in front of the cameras and that foreign rescue teams were stealing his guys' glory... And one guy said that he was only concerned about whether his wife was alive - he didn't "even think about his daughters".

Aigoo...

- no number -

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon  yeah.  I was seriously shocked to see that. 

Very uncomfortable watch. :grimace:

Did you see that 2 Thai BLs premiered yesterday?

https://mydramalist.com/713725-chains-of-heart

This one has an interesting synopsis and the whole visual theme of the show looks super dark. I am thinking of maybe checking it out.

https://mydramalist.com/699511-bed-friend

This one doesn't look as interesting, but pretty sure it's gonna be a hit. Lots of buzz around it.

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Yup, this is not sure sus. At all

I wonder which piece of equipment struck him in the neck and left such a neat bruise …

His coat isn’t doing the job, this is better remedy….

vhs mummy GIF by Charlie Mars

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

NEW EVENT:

My Corner of Soompi: Vote for your faviourite pancake toppings and celebrate the International Pancake Day on 21st February, 2023. :eats:

Let us know what's happening in your corner of Soompi. :heartxoxo:

re: Your favourite neighbourhood EO Team: :coolshades:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Hallo hallo chingudeul!!!

I was away for the weekend again... and it always seems I miss so much while I'm gone.  :bawling:

On 2/18/2023 at 12:39 AM, partyon said:

I didn't really learn how to tell them apart until early 2020. 

Until then everyone had looked kinda generic to me, except for Namjoon (whom I had been able to recognize from the start). You see, there were a few really enthusiastic BTS fans on this thread, and they "forced" me to listen to all their music and learn how to tell them apart. One member even denied me food until I had passed BTS school - grade 1. Good times!

I learnt to tell them apart, and in early 2021 I re-entered BTS school with the kind guidance of my BTS sensei @YongZura⁷ :kiss_wink: Nowadays I pass on my knowledge to other people who want to learn how to tell them apart. @confusedheart and @rocat have e.g. also passed BTS school grade 1.

I am not gonna lie though. It took me a while to learn how to tell them apart. (Still can't believe it - I think it was their various outfits and makeup which made it hard to tell them apart in different videos). After Namjoon, Yoongi was the second member I learnt to recognize (he's kinda smol and has a unique look). Then came Jimin and Hobi.

After that Jin. I struggled the most with Tae and JK.

@JungAhIrin I wasn't a Suga bias from the start. My BTS sensei @YongZura⁷ inspired me to watch Run BTS and other videos of them, and that's how I came to know of Yoongi's exceptional personality. I am normally not drawn to cats, but Lil Meow Meow has many qualities I can definitely relate to. :wub:

BTS School?? That sounds like so much fun!!  I wish I had someone to share with on that.  I had a group of friends (online) back then that we would talk about them, but we wouldn't really quiz each other on how to tell them apart.  I want to say I only had one friend that I was able to do that with, but it would have been fun to have more people I could have shared that experience with.

I got their appearances down to the best of my ability lol.  But then came recognizing their voices when it came to listening to their music.  I was very grateful that not too long afterwards Wings was released and each member had a solo song.  So, I was able to recognize them a little easier.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:51 AM, joccu said:

@partyon  Yeah I remember.   I never got it why they were so hounded.  Also the cyber bullying that sulli was inflicted was seriously horrendous.  The ending was so sad. :dissapointed_relieved:  Same with Hara. :dissapointed_relieved:  

I never understood why they bullied this couple so much... yeah, he was older, but they seemed comfortable and happy (from what I remember).  Hearing about Sulli's death was so heartbreaking because Jonghyun had just done the same not too long before... It hit me hard with Jonghyun.  I couldn't listen or see SHINee for a while because I would just SOB.

On 2/18/2023 at 2:52 AM, sadthe1st said:

mental health and depressoin are issues, still not coped as well in asia..

people are afraid of speaking out, and being judged. in both schools and workplaces..

==

eating cheese cake now..

and  in a flavor that both @partyon @joccu @larus winced at..

Mental health is still a stigma in a lot of places, I think...

And that picture... it looks like a nasty, wrinkled mole rat.  :kicks:

On 2/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, partyon said:

Looking at the photos, they look so pretty and peaceful.  Where was he posting them?  I'm not on social media so I haven't seen them.  Are the ones in the article the only ones posted?  :sweatingbullets:

On 2/19/2023 at 5:36 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

OST from Heartstrings

Oh!  I miss this drama!  It brings back old memories of better times.  To see Park Shin Hye and Jung Yong Hwa together in a drama after leaving us with SLS on You're Beautiful was heartwarming.

12 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Oh gosh, I have flu :tears:

I hope you feel better quickly!!!

34 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wow, everyone is so busy.... Many people have been MIA.

Well, I have news for you! Red haired Yoongi is back!

Beautiful red-haired this time!  The copper didn't compliment his skin too well but this one is ethereal!  :heart2beat:

-------------

I don't really keep up with new KPOP groups anymore... so I was surprised to read that there is a new group called 'tripleS'??  :blink:  All I can think about is SS501 and their fanbase.  Does anyone remember them?  Am I too old?  :sweat_smile:

I still don't know how to upload images here so I'm linking a website/blog about the group:

http://ss501official.blogspot.com/p/about-ss501.html

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, JungAhIrin said:

And that picture... it looks like a nasty, wrinkled mole rat.

hahaha ok let me post a firm flesh super pungent pic for you,

with @partyon @joccu @larus standing 50m away feeling super disgusted

jdgvi57o_durian-generic_625x300_31_Janua

cr.: owner

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Wow, everyone is so busy.... Many people have been MIA.

i think its same in drama threads.. surprisingly most threads are moving slowly.. even the ones that i lurk at haven't had much activities

Nachos_3.jpg

cr.: owner

trying to entice @MayanEcho @Thong Thin @Lmangla @agenth @gm4queen @LeftCoastOppa over with food

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2