Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Just now, partyon said:

What?!?! SWDBS?

Aren't you watching Big Mouth?

:loolz:

My daughter is riding the Park Hyng Sik wave and wanted to start SWDBS.

It is hard to get any TV time to myself, chingu. So hard. Will try tonight. :joy:

• Shocked 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

My daughter is riding the Park Hyng Sik wave and wanted to start SWDBS.

For anyone wondering what this is: it's Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. Fun drama.

But Big Mouth, chingu... Big Mouth!

• LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Well, I only have 2% from @partyon chingu:

But he is so adorable (Park Hyung Sik, not Mr Bean ). Just started SWDBS! Great first episode. 

@Thong Thin did you see on the 1st KRN crush thread that @partyon's first crush was LMH? 

Evening, all!

+ 2

hope you enjoy SWDBS with your daughter, he was so cute, lovable & adorable with short LBY.

I have never missed any of his dramas and he was equally good in Hwarang.

Did you watch Hwarang ?

Morning @4evrkdrama  @confusedheart @gm4queen  @joccu  @larus  @Lmangla  @Min2206  @MayanEcho  @rocat  @sadthe1st  @Sleepy Owl  @the_sweetroad  @Sky Kang  @Wuzetian  @willenette

30981731_200004083946614_259398748601948

cr owner

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Since we are on the topic of flour-based foods...

Sourdough bread, anyone?

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I had a fellow participant in a baking class who said Asians didn't appreciate sour breads... 

Not Me Daisy GIF by Amo Cruzeiro Disney

I'm heading to Seoul in a bit... any recommendations for good eats would be appreciated. Particularly those in traditional Hanoks. :partyblob:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, rocat said:

Since we are on the topic of flour-based foods...

Sourdough bread, anyone?

I had a fellow participant in a baking class who said Asians didn't appreciate sour breads... 

I'm heading to Seoul in a bit... any recommendations for good eats would be appreciated. Particularly those in traditional Hanoks. :partyblob:

+ 2

I love sourdough but lazy to bake cause of the starter.

Nowdays, lots of cafe here are serving sourdough instead of white bread.

Take care when you are in Seoul, i  read news that heavy pour past 2 days

and there are some casualties.

Try the ginseng chicken somewhere Gyeongbokgung Palace.

Is crowded during lunch hours,  try to avoid.  

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

On 8/6/2022 at 9:33 PM, partyon said:

It's uncommon that @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng drops dramas, but he did it with this one. So yeah, I know I can drop it too and probably would have under normal circumstances, but won't. I have a higher mission here! :D

It is true that I very rarely drop dramas. Almost everyone on this thread knows about this. For now, I have not officially dropped this, but paused it. And in case I get a green light from you @partyon Noona that the drama is turning good, I will resume it. But I highly doubt that's gonna happen. 

16 eps have already aired, and we are left with 4 eps in the first season if I am not wrong. Still I am seeing comments on the plot not moving forward at the pace it should and having fillers in the previous few.

So either the Hong Sisters are planning to include all the good stuff and plot progression in the S2 by ending S1 on a cliffhanger, which could be why they are taking this a week long hiatus, or they gonna rush things in the last 4 eps. I don't see either of the cases to be good one. 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:54 PM, partyon said:

Do you wanna know a secret, dongsaeng?

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng has predicted that Alchemy of Souls is gonna have an ALICE ending....

Again this is based on my experience with the Hong Sisters. While Hotel Del Luna was a very good drama, and in my opinion had a fine ending, many were disappointed by that ending as well. I am not really sure about Hwayugi but that drama was messy enough for many to drop it. 

What I am saying is, the character dynamics is becoming messy here and Hong Sisters are leading to it. Uk is in love with Mu Deok, but he does know she is Naksu in Mu Deok's body. Yul is in love with Naksu only (at least that was the case till 12th ep). I am not too sure who Naksu is having feelings for, but most probably it will be Uk. 

I am not really sure how the Hong Sisters are going to untangle this without making either of Uk or Yul ending up with no one. 

And then we have the main plot itself which has to be resolved, and honestly, I do not trust Hong Sisters with all this. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:27 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

And while I'm hoping for the best, Chingu @Sleepy Owl may indeed be correct - the only good thing I can takeaway from ALICE is that it taught me to temper my expectations - hope for the best but be prepared to accept the worst - its how I survived after the endings of VAGABOND, SYSIPHUS THE MYTH, and other major disappointments 

... I'm still gonna be real upset if this goes bad though :rolleyes:

I even dropped Sisyphus after 4th or 5th ep from this list :loolz:

Vagabond was good, but then the writers thought to they can leave room for S2 and ended leaving BIG ROOM for the S2 by not really ending the drama :evilelmo:

This is the reason I am not gonna go for Alchemy of Souls until or unless I am sure the drama got better and also ended well. 

On 8/8/2022 at 8:05 PM, the_sweetroad said:

Just finished Hwarang, and this is so true! :joy: I didn't even think about it until midway through - as that's when you started the Sageuk event (sorry couldn't participate more as I was traveling :P) - and after that I noticed every single hairstyle change on Park Seo Joon. :joy:

I am not really sure why they did this. Usually they stick with one hairstyle for the leads, or sometimes 2-3 hairstyles for longer Sageuks. I wonder the director or someone from the production or anyone important wasn't impressed by his hairstyle and would ask for it to be changed :rubchin:

+2

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

+ 2

I love sourdough but lazy to bake cause of the starter.

Nowdays, lots of cafe here are serving sourdough instead of white bread.

Take care when you are in Seoul, i  read news that heavy pour past 2 days

and there are some casualties.

Try the ginseng chicken somewhere Gyeongbokgung Palace.

Is crowded during lunch hours,  try to avoid.  

Yes, the starter is a bit of a pain to upkeep. And the process is looong - it's something that became quite popular here during the COVID period because people had a lot of time on their hands. :joy:

I read about the torrential rain too - hopefully it will clear soon and let people resume daily activities.

The ginseng chicken place near Gyeongbokgong is delicious! In a Hanok too! Good recommendation!

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, rocat said:

Sourdough bread, anyone?

Yes Please Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, rocat said:

@agenth and @willenette would be the best to answer that since they traveled there frequently before the pandemic. I haven't been in South Korea for almost 10 years. Best food I had was in Daegu - Yoongi's and raccoon oppa's home town.

daegu-m.jpg

12 minutes ago, rocat said:

Yes, the starter is a bit of a pain to upkeep. And the process is looong - it's something that became quite popular here during the COVID period because people had a lot of time on their hands. :joy:

That's why I buy mine from the local bakery. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

What I am saying is, the character dynamics is becoming messy here and Hong Sisters are leading to it. Uk is in love with Mu Deok, but he does know she is Naksu in Mu Deok's body. Yul is in love with Naksu only (at least that was the case till 12th ep). I am not too sure who Naksu is having feelings for, but most probably it will be Uk. 

Sorry for intervening. I know nothing about this drama but if UK (the male lead, right?) loves Mu Deok and he knows she is Naksu, that doesn`t mean he loves Naksu? Or he loved Mu Deok before Naksu swaps in her body? If Yul loves Naksu only... he is consistent with his feelings. Perhaps he met Naksu in her own body first and swiching body doesn`t change that. For Naksu ....maybe she loves both Yul and UK and she has to figure out who loves more?

Complicated stuff with body swaps. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, rocat said:

Yes, the starter is a bit of a pain to upkeep. And the process is looong - it's something that became quite popular here during the COVID period because people had a lot of time on their hands. 

I read about the torrential rain too - hopefully it will clear soon and let people resume daily activities.

The ginseng chicken place near Gyeongbokgong is delicious! In a Hanok too! Good recommendation!

+ 2

During the lockdown, i tried baking buns & loaf to kill my time at home. But not anymore since

the pandemic is over. 

Now days sourdough is the trend when you visit any Cafe in town.

Enjoy your trip to Seoul and take care, chingu.

Need this on a hot day .

14498867_1587357148233823_60747536570085

cr owner

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

@rocat

hiii the restaurant scene in Seoul changed very quickly. To find trendy restaurants, ask the locals as the hotspot will be found then. They usually share recommends by korean platforms like naver however.

but you asked for traditional places. There are many around the area of Bukcheon, Samcheongdong. I can recommend  Yongsusan for traditional experience, but it’s a bit upscale. Also mish mash for korean with a modern twist, both housed in hanoks and nearby one of the palaces! 

+2

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

5 hours ago, rocat said:

I had a fellow participant in a baking class who said Asians didn't appreciate sour breads

i love sourdough!

and i love olive ciabatta!

and..

I'M HUNGRY RIGHT NOW

so busy whole day at work

i need my chicha x perrier drink later..

perrier sparkling water with grapefruit green tea.. best thirst quencher ever!

menueditor_item_4a6bef20b44d443cade7f675

cr.: owner

• Like 2
  • Blob 6

3 hours ago, partyon said:

@agenth and @willenette would be the best to answer that since they traveled there frequently before the pandemic. I haven't been in South Korea for almost 10 years. Best food I had was in Daegu - Yoongi's and raccoon oppa's home town.

That's why I buy mine from the local bakery. :joy:

@partyon  if you want to try a good Bibimbap, contrary to what you may have had outside Korea, it doesn’t always come sizzling, and it doesn’t always come with an egg. There are infinite combinations. If you want to go for something more serious…you may try visit Namsan Mokmyeok Sanbang. The Bibimbap and the crispy cheesy pancake are really good!!! The price is reasonable as well. However, it’s quite a long walk from Myeongdong train station. This restaurant is located in a traditional wooden house on the slopes of Namsan Hill. Order the food from the front entrance, pick up a buzzer and find a table. When the buzzer goes off pick up the food. Serves very traditional Korean dishes including Bibimbap. After the meal return trays to the kitchen area. it has an excellent food and service and well worth going out of your way to get to! it is a Michelin-star restaurant. Home made Herbal tea was nice, and they don't serve alcohol. 

Location Namsandong 2(i)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea  :thumbsup:

+2

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

Aigoo.... @confusedheart's oppa ended up in a scandal. AGAIN.

wow.. that seems rather rude.. maybe big stars don’t need to queue.. they can just book the whole restaurant or make reservations, or get their manager to do it then they just appear when there is a table.. but the way he stacked up all the meat to mass grill :surprisedwut:

why accept to appear as a guest if he wasn’t willing to do it?

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, willenette said:

you may try visit Namsan Mokmyeok Sanbang.

Thank you for the recommendation! The place sounds interesting! I've tried the one from Jeonju, bibimbap's place of birth it seems at a cosy, friendly, ahjumma restaurant that was adorned with certificates from floor to ceiling - was incredible! Will check this one out - the herbal tea sounds awesome! Thanks again!

4 hours ago, agenth said:

There are many around the area of Bukcheon, Samcheongdong. I can recommend  Yongsusan for traditional experience, but it’s a bit upscale.

Thank for for the suggestion! Yes, the places around the areas you've mentioned have a ton of eating places and so it's hard to narrow down to authentic eats - I mean, there are guides (Naver is pretty good but I can't make out Korean and would literally have to read in between the lines :joy: ) but it's always nice to hear from personal experiences. What did you have there, if you can recall...:partyblob:

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2