1. 1. I prefer my morning coffee:

• black
    • with milk (or cream)
    • with milk (or cream) and sugar
    • with sugar
    • with condensed milk
    • with condensed milk and sugar
    • with vodka
    • as a specialty coffee (latte, cappuccino, flat white, espresso, etc.)
    • I don't drink coffee in the mornings (gasp)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

21 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

@partyonI think it's the TW version with the cruise ship thing? There's no C-version as far as I know.

@000231846597 Yes, there is. I just found it!

Spoiler

" A budding young art editor named Chen Jia Xin (Liang Jie) takes a cruise ship bound for Hungary.

While onboard, she happens to meet Wang Xi Yi (Xing Zhao Lin), a dashing, young, intellectual – but somewhat immature – man who happens to be the heir to a multi-billion dollar business empire. The two are drawn together by passion, and – swept away with emotion – impulsively decide to marry.

Soon after, Chen Jia Xin discovers she is pregnant, and the newlyweds start to dream of nuptial bliss with their offspring.

But there are complications…and when it turns out they are not set to be parents after all, the heartache turns out to be too much for both Chen Jia Xin and Wang Xi Yi to bear. Wang Xi Yi returns to his family business, and Chen Jia Xin stays in Hungary, where she slowly starts to discover a love for pottery. But when Wang Xi Yi ends up back in Hungary seven years later, the two former lovers’ paths cross once again.

This drama is based on a 2009 Taiwanese series, also named “You’re My Destiny.”

“You Are My Destiny” is a 2020 Chinese drama series co-directed by Ding Ying Zhou and Zhou Jun Lun."

It's on Viki and it's 36 episodes! 36 !!!!! :scream:  Just read the synopsis and you won't have to watch all of the episodes. :joy:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@partyon @000231846597 lols u guys talking about 'Fated to Love You' C-version?

we will soon have a Thai version too....

K-version was like 1 or 2 years ago?

Yup, we're talking about Fated to Love You c-version. I think the K-version was in 2014. I just watched the Japanese version that came out this year. I was pretty surprised that a C-version was out this year as well. :D

The first one I watched was the TW version, and I still think it's the best one. The JP version was pretty good too.

When is the Thai version coming out? Also in 2020?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yup, we're talking about Fated to Love You c-version. I think the K-version was in 2014. I just watched the Japanese version that came out this year. I was pretty surprised that a C-version was out this year as well. :D

The first one I watched was the TW version, and I still think it's the best one. The JP version was pretty good too.

When is the Thai version coming out? Also in 2020?

I have watched the TW version only and find the story a bit bland after like the first 10 episodes. So I didn't watch the other versions. Its popularity surprises me though.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

I have watched the TW version only and find the story a bit bland after like the first 10 episodes. So I didn't watch the other versions. Its popularity surprises me though.

I agree that the story in the TW version became a bit bland after midway point, but I still think it's better than the other versions. The ML was pretty awful towards the FL in the beginning of the TW drama flaunting the love for his ex (2nd FL) every opportunity he got. But he also had the most character growth.

@Lawyerh The TW version ML is a super tsundere guy. You would probably enjoy his character. :D  He really made my heart ache many times. :(

The Korean one (that came out next) watered down the story quite a bit. In the Korean version they introduced the "noble idiocy" plot line which I seriously can't stand, so couldn't properly enjoy it despite Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk.

Now that I come to think of it, I do remember the Thai version (it came out in 2017 I think), but it followed the Korean version pretty closely. @angelangie

The Japanese one was a hybrid between the TW and Korean versions but with MUCH faster plot pace. The only issue is that they stopped the drama midway after

SPOILER

Spoiler

the FL has the miscarriage

I assume they're going to produce a season 2?

Since I've seen all remakes so far, I guess I don't have a choice but to watch the Chinese version as well. <sigh> Probably using the Fast Forward button though. :joy:

• Like 5

@000231846597 I don't even now at this stage whether or not they'll produce season 5. And honestly I can't remember how season 4 ends either :crazy: it's been THAT long~ I just want Sherlock to end up with Molly though :joy: (i know we're not watching romance series..but still..)

@Sushimi haven't seen Untouchable. It's the one with Jin Goo right? And yes, I had fight with my sister when we were younger. The younger we were, the pettier the fight was :sweatingbullets: I think I remember back when we were in primary school (or junior can't remember)..there's this NBA player who we both liked and we fought over him (if i remember correctly)..as if one liked him the other couldn't (face palm). 

@partyon What's the title of the Jversion 'Fated to love you'? And the main leads? Ehh...what do you mean by they stopped the drama midway?!?!

10 minutes ago, snowlou said:

@partyon What's the title of the Jversion 'Fated to love you'? And the main leads? Ehh...what do you mean by they stopped the drama midway?!?!

It's name is You Are My Destiny. The leads are Takimoto Miori and Kizu Takumi.

Lots of people gave it a lot of negative reviews because they left it as a melodrama with a sad ending instead of a romantic drama with a happy ending (like the original one). I have no idea if they are going to produce a season 2 of it where the rest of the story line is shown.

I liked it because it was a compressed version of the story, and it was quite "Japanese" in its style. It wasn't the most heart fluttering but it was a nice version, and I did enjoy it more than the Korean and the Thai one.

I wouldn't recommend to watch it, if you want to see the whole story and you haven't seen any of the versions yet. I would recommend the original Taiwanese one because it will have the most layers of all the versions (even though the last 4 episodes are just super silly). :)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

I agree that the story in the TW version became a bit bland after midway point, but I still think it's better than the other versions. The ML was pretty awful towards the FL in the beginning of the TW drama flaunting the love for his ex (2nd FL) every opportunity he got. But he also had the most character growth.

@Lawyerh The TW version ML is a super tsundere guy. You would probably enjoy his character. :D  He really made my heart ache many times. :(

The Korean one (that came out next) watered down the story quite a bit. In the Korean version they introduced the "noble idiocy" plot line which I seriously can't stand, so couldn't properly enjoy it despite Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk.

Now that I come to think of it, I do remember the Thai version (it came out in 2017 I think), but it followed the Korean version pretty closely. @angelangie

The Japanese one was a hybrid between the TW and Korean versions but with MUCH faster plot pace. The only issue is that they stopped the drama midway after

SPOILER

Reveal hidden contents

the FL has the miscarriage

I assume they're going to produce a season 2?

Since I've seen all remakes so far, I guess I don't have a choice but to watch the Chinese version as well. <sigh> Probably using the Fast Forward button though. :joy:

Omg I agree with everything you said. TW version is still the best imo. In Korean version Jang hyuk's character from the beginning was very nice to the female lead unlike the TW version. It took out the necessity for a character growth. Plus the noble idiocy drove me crazy, I not only fast forwarded, but legit skipped a few eps to finish the Korean version. LOL. TW version may feel a little tropey at first but it wrung out all the right emotions out of me. I have not watched the other versions though.

Are they really going to make a season 5 of Sherlock? Was there any official confirmation? From what I know, the actors, I don't know whether it was Benedict or Martin, said in passing that if they decide to make another season they will not hesitate to give their callsheet. Hahaha. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

with a sad ending instead of a romantic drama with a happy ending (like the original one). 

Oh ok..no then. Never really like watching dramas with sad ending unless it's soooo good :sweatingbullets:

@kokodus no idea whether sherlock 5 is ever going to be produced. I hope they will. I like this BBC version much much better than the movies (starred Robert Downey JR). 

+2

16 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Omg I agree with everything you said. TW version is still the best imo. In Korean version Jang hyuk's character from the beginning was very nice to the female lead unlike the TW version. It took out the necessity for a character growth. Plus the noble idiocy drove me crazy, I not only fast forwarded, but legit skipped a few eps to finish the Korean version. LOL. TW version may feel a little tropey at first but it wrung out all the right emotions out of me. I have not watched the other versions though.

Agree, the TW version ML really had a lot of character growth even though I felt like I wanted to throw something heavy at him for being such a jerk in many of the episodes. :D lol

On another note, have y'all noticed that Korean dramas are becoming a bit more realistic when it comes to romances and relationships lately? By that I mean that we are shown more dramas where the characters are having one-night stands, having intimate relationships before getting married and even living together before getting married. :D

For many years, Korean dramas were depicting adult characters so holy, it was like they had never been kissed before 35 and all kisses shown were not passionate at all. You had to be married before sleeping with someone, even at 35.

It didn't use to be like that in the early 2000s.

Spoiler

I will never forget how the FL (Kim Sun Ah) sends the ML (Hyun Bin) out to buy condoms in My Name is Kim Sam Soon before they are going to sleep together for the first time. lol :D This drama came out in 2004.

And in What Happens In Bali  (2004) the FL sleeps with both MLs in the drama.

Now I feel like we are slowly getting back to those times again. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, snowlou said:

Oh ok..no then. Never really like watching dramas with sad ending unless it's soooo good :sweatingbullets:

@kokodus no idea whether sherlock 5 is ever going to be produced. I hope they will. I like this BBC version much much better than the movies (starred Robert Downey JR). 

+2

I'm definitely a fan of the BBC version too. Since every ep is like a movie, I think they need more time for the production and stuff. Fingers crossed that it comes back with a new season soon. 

One thing I'm terribly upset about because of this covid situation is how it messed up the Marvel schedule. Black widow and The Eternals were supposed to be released on 2020, now everything got postponed. I don't even know what happened to the Disney+ Tv shows they were planning to broadcast later this year. I'm really looking forward to Falcon and winter Soldier more than anything else. Sigh. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Btw..I don't get it...What is IMO? Er...:mellow:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Just now, Sushimi said:

Btw..I don't get it...What is IMO? Er...:mellow:

+2

IMO = In my opinion...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@kokodus i love marvel too!! I'm really looking forward to falcon and winter soldier the most..and second to that maybe wanda and vision. But are they actually movie or what? Will they be out in cinema or just disney+? Oh..i actually want to see doctor strange 2 most of all...although they said they might have a 'horror' theme this time around?

and i'm not a fan of horror. 

+2

22 minutes ago, snowlou said:

The movies were still good popcorn entertainment for me.

To quench the Sherlock thirst, I actually watched the Jdrama Sherlock: Untold Stories last year, starring Dean Fujioka and Iwata Takanori. The chemistry of the leads got better and better as the series progresses, and they are extremely charming in their own ways. The detective cases were not particularly well written but passable.

• Like 4

Just now, 000231846597 said:

Jdrama Sherlock: Untold Stories last year, starring Dean Fujioka and Iwata Takanori.

One day...if I have the time and the right mood..i'll watch this. I did see the girl version..cant remember the name. But instead of both being males..sherlock anf watson re females. But it must be just so so since i didnt really remember any case from it:mellow:

+2

1 minute ago, snowlou said:

One day...if I have the time and the right mood..i'll watch this. I did see the girl version..cant remember the name. But instead of both being males..sherlock anf watson re females. But it must be just so so since i didnt really remember any case from it

Yeah it was produced by Hulu Japan. The reviews were not very good and I didn't like the trailer, so I didn't watch it... I heard the US version Elementary was quite good but somehow I didn't get the impulse to start it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

20 positive cases of covid19 are confirmed in my city and suddenly my friends who went to the lunch parties last week are afraid now. HAHAHAHAHHA I thought they already make peace with covid19 :relieved:

Speechless mode on

20? Omg I don't even want to reveal our numbers here now. I don't know whether I should be crying or laughing now. The number of positive cases in my city alone are in 5 digits. Hahahahahaha. I don't think I'm moving out of my house anytime soon. Sigh. 

@snowlou I'm so looking forward to Dr. Stranger. Things are going to get so exciting if they introduce multiverse theme. As for the Disney+ shows, they are just TV shows, they will not be released in theatres but they do come under MCU unlike other marvel shows like Agents of shield or cloak and dagger. We have to watch the Disney+ shows to get the continuity, I guess. 

• Like 4

@triplem @Lawyerh @Ameera Ali @Sejabin
I just watched the latest episodes of Sperm Drama (OMB) and man, I am so close to giving up on this drama.

I hated the episodes because of the push-pull dynamic between the leads. It was already getting so boring I had to fast forward some bits.

All this potential to do something great with an unconventional theme and plot, and now we go down the traditional k-drama romance route.... Arggghhhhh :rage:

Of course my post in the Oh My Baby thread was more washed down (albeit longer) than what I just wrote here. Wouldn't dare to let out my anger towards this drama in the official thread. :joy: I'm glad if even one person likes my post on that thread....:joy:

Sorry for the rant. Needed to vent somewhere. :joy:

@ktcjdrama I hope that My Unfamiliar Family continues to keep the unconventional drama plot we've seen so far. :kiss_wink:

I'm in need of a HUUUUUUUUGEEE mug of coffee to calm my nerves for a bit. :joy: haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, triplem said:

The other way is use google search: alleram95+soompi forums + jealousy incarnate . It will be easier than using our own search function.

I did search from google because JI thread is quite old, about 4 years ago. Looking for particular post wasn't easy and I just skipped 5 or more pages. Thankfully I found the one that I look for, my translations about the alien or cartoon character that I wrote before. Thanks for the tips :)

6 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

+2

Thanks so much @alleram95 I like Kao the most... dark & cute :lol:

Btw quick q. If Hwa Shin mom is rich, why the brother living poorly? It's bugging me, but maybe will be explained later...

I didn't remember exactly about this. I think Hwa Shin reported on something about his brother business that led it to doom and he hid away from loan shark (?). Dunno why the mother didn't help or maybe the brother won't accept his mother's money because of pride? 

Have you reached the mud fight scene? That was too funny when the boys are fighting while Na Ri innocently digging through the mud looking for webfoot octopus :lol:

4 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Honest question to all...do y’all fight with your siblings? Is it over petty reasons?

I have 2 older brothers and we have quite big age differences. I didn't exactly remember if we have ever fought, maybe just different opinion or complained here and there and yes I think it was over petty reasons.

• Love 3