Add and Subtract Game

Admin

15 hours ago, agenth said:

omg which drama had this ?? sounds JUICY hahaha. i remember a similar premise: MY GIRL - fake cousin/sister, so the romance was possible but looked weird to outsiders

hahahahha.... there are quite a few -- am cracking up with the descriptions and the commentary on this list. :lol:

http://koalasplayground.com/2010/06/08/“fauxcest-is-the-best”-2/ 

the only fauxcest drama that I enjoyed was a daily drama called "dear heaven" -- it was angst notched up. I don't remember the full details but here's what I do remember. (save you time from watching 85 eps. hahahhahah). it also happens to have 40s husband as the male lead. hahahahaha.... and bizarrely enough, it was written by barf drama writer!!! but this is one of her better dramas where things make sense (more or less!) 

Spoiler

so this lady is rejected by her rich boyfriend due to his momma. she ends up pregnant and alone. she gives the daughter to a friend and her husband who are childless. she later moves abroad and gets re-married. the friend who she gave the daughter to -- that couple die in some accident and so this daughter gets taken in by some extended relative of the friend's husband or something along those lines. the 2nd adoption isn't a very happy one as the rest of the family resents taking her in and don't really see the need to as she was adopted. however, the father insists that his relative's adopted child is still their family and takes her in. anyway it is a complicated family situation as not everyone is happy with the situation. 

anyway, years later. the bio mom is back in korea with her stepson and daughter#2. she is very close to her stepson. her husband died very early and so she raised him alone along with her daughter#2. there is also the mother-in-law living with them. so the 4 of them are a tight-knit unit.

she is quietly searching for daughter#1 and through a detective manages to find out what happened to her. she is really unhappy to find out that daughter#1 isn't treated very well in her new adopted family. daughter#1 also is going through heartbreak as her relationship with her boyfriend didn't work out (don't remember the details). she works in some hairsalon as a hair stylist. so bio mom makes it a point to visit the salon and strikes up a friendship wtih daughter#1. they naturally share a great vibe and become close. stepson works in media or something.

anyway, instead of revealing who she is, bio-mom has this weird idea that she will get her stepson married to daughter#1 and then give her all the love to make up for the years she suffered under adopted family2. so she sets up date for these two to meet. stepson is very dutiful son and would be fine with whoever his mother suggests. so he doesn't even bat an eye that daughter#1 is just a hair stylist and not as educated as he is. daughter#1 wants a change in her life and really likes this salon lady (bio mom). they meet and surprisingly do get along well and they get married.  

anyway, now bio mom is happy that all 3 of her kids -- stepson, daughter#1, daughter#2 are all living together and everyone is happy. but ofcourse, it is a daily drama and so there has to be drama.

remember, the rich boyfriend - the father of daughter#1? well, he is still rich man but his son died in some skiing accident. can't remember what happened to his wife? maybe divorced? anyway, old rich lady - aka grandmother of daughter#1 - is a horrible woman.  she decides after all these years that since the grandson died in a skiing accident, the family can't be left without a bloodline. so she remembers bio mom and how they dumped her when she was pregnant. mean grandma tracks her down and is surprised to find out the situation of bio mom.

grandma then copies bio mom's idea and decides that bio mom should marry rich man and thus blood line would continue. to make sure bio mom agrees, she blackmails her and convinces her that if bio mom marries, then stepson won't be her son??? so then daughter#1 and stepson's marriage won't be in question mark??? don't ask.

anyway, rich man is delighted because he gets a re-do of the past. bio mom is horrified but has no choice to agree. the 3 kids all are confused but are like "if mom is happy, fine." they are all stunned when mean grandma wants stepson and daughter#1 to live with them. daughter#2 is left to live with her grandmother (father's mother). stepson reluctantly agrees with the caveat that he and his wife will move out after a while. 

is rich grandma happy that she got her way? nope, she is a miserable woman who has to stir things up. anyway, the truth ends up coming out. at this point, daughter#1 is already expecting a child. she goes into shock that after giving birth, she actually loses her voice. daughter#2 has a meltdown - wait, my (half) brother is married to my half-sister and my mom orchestrated this??? -- and wants to run off. bio mom has an accident/tries to kill herself???? anyway, poor stepson is left to hold the fort of this mess while caring for his newborn kid.

finally daughter#1 re-gains her voice and basically rejects rich dad and mean grandma to their shock. they can't believe daughter#1 is not responding to the whole "but you are my bloodline!" scene. instead daughter#1 is like "old woman, you created this mess when you kicked out my pregnant mom. now that you are out of heirs, you want a spare one. well, that is not going to be me. so bye bye". stepson and daughter#1 move back into their old house along with daughter#2 and grandmother. 

more or less rich dad is kicked out as well out of the picture. the 3 kids somehow manage to make peace with the situation that they are related in multiple ways and even forgive bio mom. can't remember if the mom goes back to the rich dad or not. she is in hospital recovering. so can't remember how it was supposed to go. anyway, she just wants a relationship more with her kids than her old fling. 

- the end -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

How was your trip to the expo. Did you see any from Malaysia.

We didn't see Malaysia where we were roaming at Expo, though we saw SG. We're planning for another weekend trip, to see the newly opened Gotham City pavilion and more country/organisations/interests pavilions. :)

Who wants lemon icebox pie? Or lemon pastries?

lemon-icebox-pie-8507743-June-13-2020.jp

ctto 

maxresdefault.jpg

ctto

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

4 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

you watching this drama ?

yups lol its funny!!!

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Who wants lemon icebox pie? Or lemon pastries?

we saw some yummy lemon tarts just now after dinner but were too full after the steak lol i bought olive ciabatta for tomorrow’s bfast though!

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

how would lead would feel about kiss scene in kdrama

hahaha that full house copy is going to be priceless after she became famous!!

Snl Smile GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

Good morning Chingus
Coffee Gif | Coffee gif, Coffee drinks, Gif

Hello @Thong Thin  How are you ?  Have you seen the Pachinko trailer ?

Looks so good.   So captivating !

On 2/22/2022 at 6:58 PM, partyon said:

Pali pali! The Mortal Combat poll will close in a few hours. Please vote ASAP ! :glasses:

@sadthe1st @Thong Thin @Min2206 @SilverDawn @twinkle_little_star @ferily @chococarmela and everyone else who hasn't voted yet

Thank you for tagging me @partyon unnie :fullofhearts: