Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

56 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I thought LMH's dancing/"movement" was quite good.  That opening is very unexpected, at least for me.  This time next week, we'll all be talking about Pachinko! 

Tech help needed!  How does @Thong Thin find the US  IP addy so she can watch Pachinko via a vpn? 

I finished the book last night with so much love for Sunja :heart:

Yes, please advise/PM  me how to go about the VPN when it airs on March 25th.

:please:

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

ellesingapore IG update

You see what we’re seeing? 

#boss’ new SS’22 men’s eyewear collection looks mega sleek on Asia ambassador @actorleeminho 

Look at his sexy eyes :love:  thanks for posting @syntyche

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

MYM IG, LMH Twt update

Pachinko Online Press Conference

Let’s hear Actor Lee Minho’s thoughts about "Pachinko", which will make us more excited 

These are his words from Pachinko's online press conference! The interview shows us a glimpse of his affection for the work and intense passion for the character!

We won’t get tired of reading and reading his words until Pachinko starts 

spacer.png

The reason why Actor Lee Min Ho chose Pachinko

Spoiler

spacer.png

Q. Why did you choose Pachinko? I had a desire to do this work and this character. I was attracted because it was a work that had great power in the story. In addition, I acted for a long time with the burden of ratings and box office hits, [but now I was more free from the pressure that I was in  before]. It was great that I could freely express myself with essential emotions. Personally, it became a work that marks a new beginning.

spacer.png

Q. The reason why you chose Hansu?

I was attracted to the unorganized sensibility of Hansu. It is a character that contains emotions and stories that cannot be felt while living in this era. He has much darkness inside him, and he chose darkness as a way of survival to protect himself and move forward. Hansu came heartbreakingly close to me.

spacer.png

Q. What was the process of becoming Hansu

I wanted to express this change in which a person who was absolutely good lived in the form of absolute evil in the process of survival. In the desperate times, I thought of him as a person who was rough in his own way, looked ahead, and could kill anyone in order to live.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Q. What was your challenge as an actor?

In this work, I thought that I wanted to break from the existing refined image. It was something I wanted as an actor. However, rather than making special efforts, I thought it would be possible if I melted into this work and felt the character as it is.

spacer.png

Q. On Kim Min-ha, who plays the role of Sunja

There is a scene where Hansu meets a Sunja for the first time. I tried not to simply express love at first sight. I tried to draw a scene that makes me look back on my inner self and past through Sunja, where humans feel strong attraction. Rather than being romantic, I expressed his love openly.

• Like 9

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/18042518/lee-min-ho-lee-jung-jae-kang-dong-won-thumbnail-18032022-780x470.png

“Pachinko” Lee Min-ho met up with Lee Jung-jae, Jung Woo-sung and Kang Dong-won in LA, who paid for the meal?

March 18, 2022

Lee Min-ho, the main character of “Pachinko,” told the behind-the-scenes story of his LA meeting with Lee Jung-jae and Lim Se-ryeong couple, Jung Woo-sung, Lee Byung-hun, and Kang Dong-won.

In Los Angeles (LA) on the morning of Mar 18th (KST), an online video interview was held with Lee Min-ho (playing Hansu) and Kim Min-ha (playing the young Seon-ja), the main characters of Apple TV+’s new original series “Pachinko.”

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/18041533/lee-min-ho-18032022-2.jpg

“Pachinko” is based on the bestselling book of the same name of the New York Times by Lee Min-jin. The story begins with a forbidden love story, and goes back and forth between Korea, Japan, and the United States, drawing unforgettable epic stories about war, peace, love, separation, victory and judgment.

pachinko-lee-min-ho-17032022-3.webp

On the same day, Lee Min-ho mentioned his reunion in LA with Korean representative actors, which was captured in November last year and drew a lot of attention. After the “2021 LACMA (LA County Museum) Art + Film Gala” event held locally at the time, the Lee Jung-jae and Im Se-ryung couple, Jung Woo-sung, Lee Byung-hun, Kang Dong-won, and Lee Min-ho enjoyed a meal together at the LA Dolsot Bibimbap restaurant.

lee-min-ho-08112021-1.webp

When asked about that day, Lee Min-ho said, “I don’t know who paid for the meal that day. I’m one of the youngest members, so I didn’t have to pay. I think one of the seniors paid for it,” he said with a smile. Lee Min-ho also showed off his affection for his close senior Lee Jung-jae. He said, “(Lee) Jung-jae won his third award three days ago. We met then, but I think everyone who is in the market of Korean content is rather calm. Rather than feeling “we did it,” we seem to be doing our best and moving forward in what we can. In that respect, I respect Jung-jae. Even when I said congratulations to him, he was the one who said, “Oh, well,” and brushed it off. I’m so proud of him,” he said with respect.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/18041536/lee-min-ho-lee-jung-jae-kang-dong-won-18032022-1.jpg

“Pachinko” consists of a total of eight episodes, starting with the release of three episodes on Mar 25th, and one episode every Friday until April 29th. Viewers can only stream the series on Apple TV+.

https://kbizoom.com/pachinko-lee-min-ho-met-up-with-lee-jung-jae-jung-woo-sung-and-kang-dong-won-in-la-who-paid-for-the-meal/

• Like 6

Lee Minho Interview | The Star Shares A Special Message For Fans In India | Pachinko | AppleTV+

LMH has arrived in SK!

[Incheon International Airport Actor Lee Min-ho arrived from Los Angeles on the afternoon of the 19th after completing the Apple TV+ 'Pachinko' press conference.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

On 3/19/2022 at 9:35 AM, CarolynH said:

I thought LMH's dancing/"movement" was quite good.  That opening is very unexpected, at least for me.  This time next week, we'll all be talking about Pachinko! :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Tech help needed!  How does @Thong Thin find the US  IP addy so she can watch Pachinko via a vpn? 

I don't think she will need US specific IP address, she will just need another country IP address where Apple TV plus is available. I'm using an app called VPN Proxy Master on my iPhone, there's a paid version and free version. I use the free version and when I'm using the app, it usually changes my IP address to Singapore.  

I think Singapore has Apple TV plus. I have never used the VPN to access video streaming service though, not sure if it's stable, I only use this app to access website like Reddit which is blocked in my country, I use VPN just to read articles and sometimes play short videos. Perhaps @Thong Thin can give it a try. I assumed the paid version has stronger connection and can be used for video streaming services.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, syntyche said:

looking great, lovely as always

yes, and he still looks so young :love:

3 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I don't think she will need US specific IP address, she will just need another country IP address where Apple TV plus is available. I'm using an app called VPN Proxy Master on my iPhone, there's a paid version and free version. I use the free version and when I'm using the app, it usually changes my IP address to Singapore.  

I think Singapore has Apple TV plus. I have never used the VPN to access video streaming service though, not sure if it's stable, I only use this app to access website like Reddit which is blocked in my country, I use VPN just to read articles and sometimes play short videos. Perhaps @Thong Thin can give it a try. I assumed the paid version has stronger connection and can be used for video streaming services.

Thanks, will give it a try

• Like 2

Exclusive: ’Pachinko’ Stars Lee Min-Ho, Min-ha Kim On Playing “Realistic” Characters, Chemistry And More

spacer.png

Lee Min-ho and Min-ha Kim open up about their ‘Pachinko’ characters as they delve into the nuances of their onscreen bond.

Every once in a while, directors, producers and perfectly-cast stars align to create an onscreen masterpiece. Upcoming Korean drama Pachinko is one of those moments. Adapted from Min Jin Lee's New York Times best-seller of the same, the Apple TV+ show features Academy Award-winner Youn Yuh-jung, K-drama megastar Lee Min-ho and breakout debut actress Min-ha Kim. And that's just a few members from a stunning ensemble. Helmed by Soo Hugh and Kang-Lowe and directed by Kogonada and Justin Chon, the series takes on some heavy material. In eight parts, Pachinko chronicles generations of a family that lives through colonisation, immigration and modernisation in one large narrative interwoven with moving personal stories.

In a press conference ahead of the highly anticipated show's release, Lee Min-ho and Min-ha Kim opened up about their intriguing parts. Debut actress Min-ha Kim takes on the lead role of teenage Sunja (the older version is played by Youn Yug-jung, no pressure) a young woman living through the Japanese occupation of Korea. Meanwhile Lee Min-ho, one of the most popular and reliable Korean stars of our times is perhaps at his career-best as Koh Hansu - a wealthy merchant who charms the unsuspecting Sunja into a forbidden romance.

Reflecting on the most interesting aspects of his Pachinko character Min-ho, who remains in our collective consciousness ever since he appeared in Boys Over Flowers, opens up about inhabiting Koh Hansu, a role seemingly at odds with the rest of his filmography. “Prior to Hansu in Pachinko, I usually played somewhat fantastical characters like the Prince Charming type of characters. So I was looking for a very realistic character this time and it was very timely that they offered me an audition for Hansu,” he revealed.

He added, “And that's what I liked about Hansu because he is the most realistic and the most human-like character that I have come across.”

As Sunja, Min-ha Kim is a revelation. When asked about her take on the complex character, she explained that the portrayal came organically. “For me, well, I was looking deeply at Sunja. I found out that she was both sides of fragile and resilient part of her which was very interesting for me because I have that too. I felt that we had a connection and there are similarities between Sunja and me. I think that is the most attractive and appealing point of this character that got me to sign up for this project,” she shared.

Lee Min-ho and Min-ha Kim share crackling chemistry that is soon juxtaposed with an impending conflict. Talking about bringing their onscreen bond and its nuances alive, Min-ho said, "I think there was the clash of the way of life and the values of two very strong people. And that clash was very well-written in the script so it wasn't very difficult for me to portray those emotions. But still, we had a lot of talks among ourselves, between me and Min-ha about how best we should portray these emotions."

Min-ha Kim delved deeper into what went down behind the scenes while filming the love scenes between Sunja and Hansu. She explained, "Well, first of all, we had a lot of conversations before filming. When we were on set we were talking about characters, the scenes and about our opinions - like sharing personal things about ourselves and thoughts. So on the set when we were performing these intense scenes, we were feeling very comfortable. For myself, as you said, we had strong scenes about love but in the later episodes, we were having a lot of conflicts. I personally think that that kind of hate and conflict was also a part of love.”

She added, “So I was thinking of myself that I'm still loving him even though I'm rejecting it. So I was thinking of different ways of loving him. I was also figuring out our own relationships and history inside our relationship."

Pachinko which also stars Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Kaho Minami, Jimmi Simpson, Jung Eun-chae, Inji Jeong, Soji Arai, Steve Sanghyun Noh and more arrives on Apple TV+ on March 25, 2022.

https://in.mashable.com/entertainment/28940/exclusive-pachinko-stars-lee-min-ho-min-ha-kim-on-playing-realistic-characters-chemistry-and-more

On 3/19/2022 at 11:30 AM, Thong Thin said:

Yes, please advise/PM  me how to go about the VPN when it airs on March 25th.

Look at his sexy eyes :love:  thanks for posting @syntyche

What vpn service do you use? Generally, you have to login, then set it to a country where Pachinko is available, say US. And then you access apple tv. You should be able to get through and watch the show. 

• Like 5

'Pachinko': Lee Min-Ho Talks About His Character, Anticipates How People Will React To It

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho is currently gearing up for the upcoming Apple TV+ series 'Pachinko' also starring actors like Youn Yuh Jung,

Actor Lee Min Ho is all set for the release of his upcoming highly anticipated comeback drama titled Pachinko. Also starring notable actors like Youn Yuh Jung, Kim Min Ha, Jin Ha and more, the series is directed by Kogonada while Michael Ellenberg and Theresa Kang-Lowe serve as the executive producers. Based on the themes of multi-generational chronicle of war and peace across Korea, Japan and the United States, the upcoming series aims to explore the complexity of human relationships. 

Additionally, the series is based on Min Jin Lee’s best-selling book of the same name and touches upon the subjects of racism and stereotypes. Actor Lee Min Ho, who will be making his highly anticipated comeback in the series, talked about his character Hansu, a Zainichi Korean merchant and a fish broker. Pachinko release date is set to be on March 25, 2022, on Apple TV+. 

Lee Min Ho on his role in Pachinko

As per Osen via Soompi, the makers of the series organized a press conference where the 34-year-old actor got candid about his role, Hansu. ''It’s strange to greet people in Los Angeles'', Lee started and talked about how he experimented with clothes as his character uses them to express himself. He added, ''Hansu uses clothes to protect himself and also to express himself. I tried on a lot of different clothes.''

Moreover, he candidly dished on how Hansu uses clothes to change his identity as reportedly, the character is later on revealed to be a member of the largest transnational organized crime syndicate in Japan. The Heirs actor added, ''Through his clothes, Hansu changes his feelings and hides his identity.”

Additionally, Lee Min Ho talked about his expectations and Pachinko's positive reception by saying, ''I’m proud that we got such good reviews from critics. But now we have the most important feedback of all, the reaction of the public. I think that good reviews mean that we’re acknowledged as a good production,'' he added, ''It has nothing to do with becoming a hit, but it gives me a sense of pride.”

Lastly, the South Korean actor expressed his wish for how people would receive the drama by concluding, ''It’s a story that you can relate to regardless of nationality or language. I hope it will become a drama that moves the hearts of many.''

https://www.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/rest-of-the-world/pachinko-lee-min-ho-talks-about-his-character-anticipates-how-people-will-react-to-it-articleshow.html

'Pachinko' Press Conference: Lee Min Ho Talks About Comeback Drama, Being ‘Proud’ of Apple TV+ Series

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho shared his thoughts and experience filming Apple TV+'s "Pachinko."

The cast members graced the press conference to introduce and talk about the upcoming drama series ahead of the much-awaited release. 

The South Korean heartthrob looked dapper in a matchy pinstriped suit paired with a blue button-down shirt. 

Greeting the press with his warm presence, the actor said, "It is the most exciting and enjoyable thing in my life to always greet you with work."

To recall, this is Lee Min Ho's first OTT project and his comeback to the small screen after the blockbuster K-drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" with Kim Go Eun. 

Held in Los Angeles, the U.S.A, he is joined by his co-stars Oscar winner Youn Yuh Jung, Anna Sawai, Kim Min Ha, Jin Ha, with "Pachinko" director Kogonada, executive producers Michael Ellenberg and Teresa Kang. 

At the media conference, the Hallyu star spoke about his role and Hansu, which he described as "a yakuza who lives between Korea and the United States."

In the upcoming series, his character is a wealthy and influential merchant who is involved in organized crimes. Lee Min Ho's charms and overall visuals perfectly portray Hansu. 

Following the confirmation of the drama series and cast lineup, "Pachinko" has been gaining positive response from foreign media since it boasts a roster of talented stars and promising actors. 

With the overwhelming feedback both from critics and fans, Lee Min Ho says that "the public's evaluation remains, but as an actor, I feel proud of it."

In addition, the actor also praised the styling, which gave more depth and emotion to the series. 

The "City Hunter" star shared that costume styling "was like a weapon" that made Hansoo's character, showing the era of the story. Lee Min Ho also hints that his character shows his "feelings through his clothes."

'Pachinko' Release Date and Everything We Need to Know

The upcoming Apple TV+ series is based on the best-selling historical fiction novel written by Min Jin Lee. 

It follows the story of a Korean family who migrated to Japan. "Pachinko" also uncovers a forbidden love and heartbreak at the height of the war between two nations. 

Set to premiere in Apple TV+ on March 25, the upcoming drama show is said to be the first-ever major trilingual American series to hit the small screen and will be released in Korean, Japanese, and English. 

At the "Pachinko" press conference, director Kogonada gave a shout-out to executive producer Sue Hue saying that he joined the team due to the perfectly written script. 

Apart from generating huge buzz from critics, did you know that the novel was among the highly recommended books of former U.S President Barack Obama? 

As cited in Min Jin Lee's website, the former politician shared that "Pachinko" "takes us through four generations and each character's search for identity and success."

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/124301/20220317/pachinko-press-conference-lee-min-ho-comeback-drama-apple-tv.htm

“Pachinko” Lee Min-ho shared, “Pulling off the 1930s fashion? I consider it a weapon

“Pachinko” actor Lee Min-ho confessed his feeling about playing a period drama and his carefulness in styling.

At the online press conference for Apple TV+’s original series “Pachinko”, which was held on the morning of March 18th, Lee Min-ho introduced his new work and character.

In this drama, Lee Min-ho plays the role of Hansu, who lives in the 1930s. He pulls off the suit fashion with a fedora.

At the press conference, Lee Min-ho greeted, “First of all, I think the most exciting and enjoyable thing is to be able to always greet everyone through my works”.

He added, “I think today has become more special because I’m delivering my greeting from LA”. 

In addition, Lee Min-ho said, “As for my outfits, I personally poured out lots of thoughts for them. Rather than thinking considering outfits in that period of time as simple styling, I think it’s a means, a weapon to express myself more strongly and defend myself against the meaning of individuals’ clothes.”

The actor continued, “Considering that, I’ve tried so many outfits. I styled myself with such clothes to represent Hansu’s feelings and hide the character’s identity”.

https://kbizoom.com/pachinko-lee-min-ho-shared-pulling-off-the-1930s-fashion-i-consider-it-a-weapon/

• Like 4

This Spanish article in English:

Those watching Pachinko for LMH will perhaps be disappointed by the partial presence of the actor while playing a key role in Sunja's life.  But the actor's performance will certainly not disappoint.  Disguised as the prince and the handsome and unreachable rich man, Lee Min Ho expertly dons the tailored suits of Hansu becoming a villain who, however, may not be so bad.  It is understood slowly, in a role marked by passionate scenes alternating with violence and cruelty of a person who has lived suffering so deeply that he has shaped and rewritten his entire existence.  That of Hansu will be a key role for Lee Min Ho and his career which will lead him to become the definitive symbol of a new generation of internationally recognized and coveted Hallyu Wave actors.  Because from the first appearance in the last moments of the first episode of the drama, when Hansu looks at the sea from behind, you can feel all the power of the character played by Min-Ho and the impact he will have on Sunja's life.  And not only.

https://www.panorama.it/lifestyle/Televisione/pachinko-review?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

This review is exciting.  I hope their prediction is true and he will be coveted internationally with interesting roles.  He did a fantastic job in Pachinko and he will be recognized as a great actor and not just a pretty face any longer.  Wish him good luck and many good offers to come.  Fighting LMH!

Waiting anxiously for his new kdrama too.   Hoping he will be more prolific and do more movies and dramas, not just one in two years. :bawling:

@CarolynH   liked the video of the fan who went to the Pachinko screening.  Wow he took a selfie with her and even hugged one of the other fans.  That is so nice, she was so excited. Got to see what it was like.  They could just go up to him and shake his hands.  No bodyguards around him?

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

hion? I consider it a weapon

“Pachinko” actor Lee Min-ho confessed his feeling about playing a period drama and his carefulness in styling.

At the online press conference for Apple TV+’s original series “Pachinko”, which was held on the morning of March 18th, Lee Min-ho introduced his new work and character.

In this drama, Lee Min-ho plays the role of Hansu, who lives in the 1930s. He pulls off the suit fashion with a fedora.

At the press conference, Lee Min-ho greeted, “First of all, I think the most exciting and enjoyable thing is to be able to always greet everyone through my works”.

He added, “I think today has become more special because I’m delivering my greeting from LA”. 

In addition, Lee Min-ho said, “As for my outfits, I personally poured out lots of thoughts for them. Rather than thinking considering outfits in that period of time as simple styling, I think it’s a means, a weapon to express myself more strongly and defend myself against the meaning of individuals’ clothes.”

The actor continued, “Considering that, I’ve tried so many outfits. I styled myself with such clothes to represent Hansu’s feelings and hide the character’s identity”.

https://kbizoom.com/pachinko-lee-min-ho-shared-pulling-off-the-1930s-fashion-i-consider-it-a-weapon/

LMH did have a fashion sense and could even style clothes to depict his characters.  He put a lot of thought into Hansu.

The modifier I always want to be called is This is actor Lee Min-ho. The title of Hallyu star is not a title that anyone can have, but I am happy to be called an actor. I want to do my best in the setting of a meaningful story that needs me and can do it well. I will greet you, and now I want to leave as many works as possible. I plan to diligently participate in various works.” (Lee Min-ho)

https://www.newspim.com/news/view/20220318000802

He keeps saying that he wants to leave as many works as possible, we will hold him to his promise.  He needs to do at least two works per year is all we ask.   Two dramas or one drama and one movie.  His works to him,  may mean, vlogs, and commercials or brand ambassador.  What we really want is more dramas or movies, more vlive interviews in person like the one he did a few years ago where he talked directly to us. Too many years, we did not even get a drama every year. 

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

https://leeminhotrends.blogspot.com/2022/03/trans-lee-min-ho-arrived-in-korea-after.html

[Trans] Lee Min Ho arrived in Korea after completing his US schedule, knets react.

1647789971552551-0.png

1647789964638031-1.png

1647789956712374-2.png

Comments:

- Lee Min Ho is cool after a long flight, he must have been tired, but he smiled prettily.

- Why are you so handsome?

- Really handsome.. Goes well with Fendi. They picked a right model.

- Fendi picked a right model, it suits him well ㅋㅋ

- Fendi mini bag is so pretty.

- Fendi fully equipped haha but he's handsome even with a mask on.

- You look handsome even after a ten-hour flight. Your outfit is completely my styleㅋ

- Really handsome.

- So cool.

- Lee Min-ho airport appearence i haven't seen in a long time. Still so coolㅎ

- The outfit is pretty too.

Source: The Qoo
  • Like 6

Saw this interview with a Thai article. Loving Director Kogonada’s comment on Lee Min Ho :D

Rough translation: 
Title : Lee Min Ho's New Drama Pachinko – Director Shares Behind-the-Scenes Fantasies in the Jungle

Justin Chon “Minho is a very focused actor. He is an actor who is very committed to portraying the characters. to ensure that his character communicates the best.”

Kogonada: “Actually, I didn't even know how popular Lee Min Ho was until we worked together on this. Because right before we started filming, there were many boxes of Pachinko books in multiple languages sent by Lee Min Ho fans, making us feel as if we had entered the Lee Min Ho universe.

And then we started filming together. No matter where we go to shoot in Korea And in Vancouver, where we filmed in the middle of the woods in the middle of the night at 2 am, can you imagine? In a place where we don't even know each other yet But you hear the voices of the fans Shouting out Minho's name, cheering in the middle of the forest It was an event that amazed me a lot because Minho was still concentrating on filming as usual. It made me understand how professional his star is.”

Link: 
https://www.hallyukstar.com/2022/03/19/pachinko-leeminho/

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

On 3/20/2022 at 4:44 PM, syntyche said:

Exclusive: ’Pachinko’ Stars Lee Min-Ho, Min-ha Kim On Playing “Realistic” Characters, Chemistry And More

Lee Min-ho and Min-ha Kim open up about their ‘Pachinko’ characters as they delve into the nuances of their onscreen bond.

Every once in a while, directors, producers and perfectly-cast stars align to create an onscreen masterpiece. Upcoming Korean drama Pachinko is one of those moments. Adapted from Min Jin Lee's New York Times best-seller of the same, the Apple TV+ show features Academy Award-winner Youn Yuh-jung, K-drama megastar Lee Min-ho and breakout debut actress Min-ha Kim. And that's just a few members from a stunning ensemble. Helmed by Soo Hugh and Kang-Lowe and directed by Kogonada and Justin Chon, the series takes on some heavy material. In eight parts, Pachinko chronicles generations of a family that lives through colonisation, immigration and modernisation in one large narrative interwoven with moving personal stories.

In a press conference ahead of the highly anticipated show's release, Lee Min-ho and Min-ha Kim opened up about their intriguing parts. Debut actress Min-ha Kim takes on the lead role of teenage Sunja (the older version is played by Youn Yug-jung, no pressure) a young woman living through the Japanese occupation of Korea. Meanwhile Lee Min-ho, one of the most popular and reliable Korean stars of our times is perhaps at his career-best as Koh Hansu - a wealthy merchant who charms the unsuspecting Sunja into a forbidden romance.

Reflecting on the most interesting aspects of his Pachinko character Min-ho, who remains in our collective consciousness ever since he appeared in Boys Over Flowers, opens up about inhabiting Koh Hansu, a role seemingly at odds with the rest of his filmography. “Prior to Hansu in Pachinko, I usually played somewhat fantastical characters like the Prince Charming type of characters. So I was looking for a very realistic character this time and it was very timely that they offered me an audition for Hansu,” he revealed.

He added, “And that's what I liked about Hansu because he is the most realistic and the most human-like character that I have come across.”

As Sunja, Min-ha Kim is a revelation. When asked about her take on the complex character, she explained that the portrayal came organically. “For me, well, I was looking deeply at Sunja. I found out that she was both sides of fragile and resilient part of her which was very interesting for me because I have that too. I felt that we had a connection and there are similarities between Sunja and me. I think that is the most attractive and appealing point of this character that got me to sign up for this project,” she shared.

Lee Min-ho and Min-ha Kim share crackling chemistry that is soon juxtaposed with an impending conflict. Talking about bringing their onscreen bond and its nuances alive, Min-ho said, "I think there was the clash of the way of life and the values of two very strong people. And that clash was very well-written in the script so it wasn't very difficult for me to portray those emotions. But still, we had a lot of talks among ourselves, between me and Min-ha about how best we should portray these emotions."

Min-ha Kim delved deeper into what went down behind the scenes while filming the love scenes between Sunja and Hansu. She explained, "Well, first of all, we had a lot of conversations before filming. When we were on set we were talking about characters, the scenes and about our opinions - like sharing personal things about ourselves and thoughts. So on the set when we were performing these intense scenes, we were feeling very comfortable. For myself, as you said, we had strong scenes about love but in the later episodes, we were having a lot of conflicts. I personally think that that kind of hate and conflict was also a part of love.”

She added, “So I was thinking of myself that I'm still loving him even though I'm rejecting it. So I was thinking of different ways of loving him. I was also figuring out our own relationships and history inside our relationship."

Pachinko which also stars Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Kaho Minami, Jimmi Simpson, Jung Eun-chae, Inji Jeong, Soji Arai, Steve Sanghyun Noh and more arrives on Apple TV+ on March 25, 2022.

https://in.mashable.com/entertainment/28940/exclusive-pachinko-stars-lee-min-ho-min-ha-kim-on-playing-realistic-characters-chemistry-and-more

What vpn service do you use? Generally, you have to login, then set it to a country where Pachinko is available, say US. And then you access apple tv. You should be able to get through and watch the show. 

Chingu, I have pm you.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 1