Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

*** I really like how Lee Min Ho is styled for these photos despite the shimmery suit. The hair, his

pose, his expression. NICE.    :rubchin:

**********************************************************************************

Fendi appoints Lee Min-ho as new brand ambassador

Actor Lee Min-ho [FENDI]

Actor Lee Min-ho was appointed as Fendi’s new brand ambassador, the luxury fashion brand said Friday.

Lee’s agency MYM Entertainment revealed photographs of Lee posing while wearing Fendi garments from its 2022 S/S men's collection. Lee is shown wearing all black with a jacquard blazer, shirt, pants and a medium-sized Fendi Peekaboo bag.

Lee is set to star in Apple TV+’s series “Pachinko” as Hansu, a wealthy fish broker and the love interest of the main female protagonist in her younger years.

“Pachinko” follows four generations of ethnic Koreans in Japan, known as Zainichi Koreans, and is based on the Korean-American author Min Jin Lee’s 2017 bestseller novel of the same name.

The first three episodes will drop on the platform on March 25.

Lee debuted in 2003 in KBS’s coming-of-age drama series “Sharp” (2003-07). He is best known for his role as the heartthrob Gu Jun-pyo is KBS’s “Boys Over Flowers” (2009). He has starred in many successful shows, including MBC’s “Personal Taste” (2010), SBS’s “City Hunter” (2011) and “The Heirs” (2013).  

BY SHIN MIN-HEE [shin.minhee@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

PACHINKO ratings so far....  

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/pachinko/season-1

Metascore = 93 after 5 reviews.  

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/pachinko/s01

Tomatometer 100% Fresh based on 10 critic ratings

Some Pachinko reviews with LMH's parts hilited... 

:approves:

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/03/11/pachinko-review-beloved/

PACHINKO REVIEW: BELOVED STORY TOLD BEAUTIFULLY AND WITH APLOMB

The original Kdrama heartthrob Lee Minho was chosen to play the infamous yakuza boss Koh Hansu, and the fact that he had to audition for the first time in a decade only increased the allure.

-------  

The performances in Pachinko are stellar across the board, but it is especially impressive to see Lee Minho thrive in a role that’s very unlike what fans have come to expect from him. Partially because he’s speaking Japanese for such a large portion of the time, but also because his Ko Hansu is by no stretch of the imagination a good guy. Hard and cold, danger lurks below his gaze even when his eyes light up at the sight of Sunja.

Their romance, which kicks off the events of Pachinko, feels both tragic and inevitable from the start. Lee Minho and Minha Kim (who plays the teenage Sunja) have a chemistry that walks the tightrope between repression and passion, something which makes their scenes fiery yet uncomfortable to witness. Kdrama fans should know what I mean when I compare their dynamic to Lee Junho and Lee Seyoung’s in The Red Sleeve.

https://awardswatch.com/pachinko-review-oscar-winner-youn-yuh-jung-delivers-a-breathtaking-performance-in-this-epic-tale-of-immigrant-resilience-grade-a/

‘Pachinko’ review: Oscar-winner Youn Yuh-jung delivers a breathtaking performance in this epic tale of immigrant resilience [Grade: A-]

The duality of the story—on one hand tender and heartwarming, but on the other hand devastating—is vividly captured by Kogonada and Justin Chon, who each directed four episodes. They manage to show all the layers of the story without relying heavily on the premise’s darker parts only. What the two explore the most is the emotional journey of the characters, and while doing so, they’re also able to draw phenomenal performances from the ensemble. Lee and Youn are the two standouts. The former successfully offers empathy underneath his character’s tough personality, while the latter’s performance, though much less flashy than her Oscar-winning turn in Lee Isaac Chung’s Minari, will break your heart easily. The little details in Youn’s acting—the small, occasional pauses, the head tilts, the long gaze, the way she controls her breath—are signs of an actor at the top of her career. It’s just masterful.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/pachinko-review-get-ready-to-ugly-cry-with-the-apple-tv-series.html/

‘Pachinko’ Review: Get Ready to Ugly Cry with the Apple TV+ Series

Rounding out the cast is K-drama actor Lee Min-ho. More notably known for his romance roles, Lee takes on a more villainous character.

Fans of Lee will see him in a new light as he portrays Koh Hansu, a Korean born who is taken in by the Japanese. Pachinko has a small romance rooted in reality. As Hansu assimilated into Japanese society, he holds power over Sunja. Their romance is anything but a fairytale as they take in the circumstances of their time.  

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/03/pachinko-review-apple-tv-plus-show-1234706842/

‘Pachinko’ Review: A Gorgeous Family Drama That’s the Closest TV Can Get to a Shared Memory

Lee Minho is stellar as Hansu, the well-dressed local fish broker in Busan.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/pachinko-review-1317492/

‘Pachinko’ Turns an Intimate Story Into a Historical Epic — and One of the Best Things on TV

After growing up in the relative tranquility of the boarding house her parents run in a rural village, the teenage Sunja falls under the spell of Hansu (Lee Min-Ho), a sharp and charismatic local official who has decided that the best way to survive the occupation is to collaborate with the Japanese and adopt as many trappings of their culture as he can. (A later, incredibly powerful episode, involving the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, offers more insight into how he wound up this way.) Their affair inevitably grows messy, requiring the intercession of Isak (Steve Sang-Hyun Noh), a kind traveling Christian missionary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/pachinko-review-1235108946/

Apple TV+’s ‘Pachinko’: TV Review

I admired how Lee keeps Hansu inscrutable, if generally stylish and menacing...

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 7

8 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

OMG everyone- please go on twitter and read the reviews of Pachinko- they are incredible and reviewers are raving about Minho’s performance.

I think we are going to be a group of very proud fans!

Do you have the twitter link?

3 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

PACHINKO ratings so far....  

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/pachinko/season-1

Metascore = 93 after 5 reviews.  

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/pachinko/s01

Tomatometer 100% Fresh based on 10 critic ratings

Some Pachinko reviews with LMH's parts hilited... 

:approves:

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/03/11/pachinko-review-beloved/

PACHINKO REVIEW: BELOVED STORY TOLD BEAUTIFULLY AND WITH APLOMB

The original Kdrama heartthrob Lee Minho was chosen to play the infamous yakuza boss Koh Hansu, and the fact that he had to audition for the first time in a decade only increased the allure.

-------  

The performances in Pachinko are stellar across the board, but it is especially impressive to see Lee Minho thrive in a role that’s very unlike what fans have come to expect from him. Partially because he’s speaking Japanese for such a large portion of the time, but also because his Ko Hansu is by no stretch of the imagination a good guy. Hard and cold, danger lurks below his gaze even when his eyes light up at the sight of Sunja.

Their romance, which kicks off the events of Pachinko, feels both tragic and inevitable from the start. Lee Minho and Minha Kim (who plays the teenage Sunja) have a chemistry that walks the tightrope between repression and passion, something which makes their scenes fiery yet uncomfortable to witness. Kdrama fans should know what I mean when I compare their dynamic to Lee Junho and Lee Seyoung’s in The Red Sleeve.

https://awardswatch.com/pachinko-review-oscar-winner-youn-yuh-jung-delivers-a-breathtaking-performance-in-this-epic-tale-of-immigrant-resilience-grade-a/

‘Pachinko’ review: Oscar-winner Youn Yuh-jung delivers a breathtaking performance in this epic tale of immigrant resilience [Grade: A-]

The duality of the story—on one hand tender and heartwarming, but on the other hand devastating—is vividly captured by Kogonada and Justin Chon, who each directed four episodes. They manage to show all the layers of the story without relying heavily on the premise’s darker parts only. What the two explore the most is the emotional journey of the characters, and while doing so, they’re also able to draw phenomenal performances from the ensemble. Lee and Youn are the two standouts. The former successfully offers empathy underneath his character’s tough personality, while the latter’s performance, though much less flashy than her Oscar-winning turn in Lee Isaac Chung’s Minari, will break your heart easily. The little details in Youn’s acting—the small, occasional pauses, the head tilts, the long gaze, the way she controls her breath—are signs of an actor at the top of her career. It’s just masterful.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/pachinko-review-get-ready-to-ugly-cry-with-the-apple-tv-series.html/

‘Pachinko’ Review: Get Ready to Ugly Cry with the Apple TV+ Series

Rounding out the cast is K-drama actor Lee Min-ho. More notably known for his romance roles, Lee takes on a more villainous character.

Fans of Lee will see him in a new light as he portrays Koh Hansu, a Korean born who is taken in by the Japanese. Pachinko has a small romance rooted in reality. As Hansu assimilated into Japanese society, he holds power over Sunja. Their romance is anything but a fairytale as they take in the circumstances of their time.  

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/03/pachinko-review-apple-tv-plus-show-1234706842/

‘Pachinko’ Review: A Gorgeous Family Drama That’s the Closest TV Can Get to a Shared Memory

Lee Minho is stellar as Hansu, the well-dressed local fish broker in Busan.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/pachinko-review-1317492/

‘Pachinko’ Turns an Intimate Story Into a Historical Epic — and One of the Best Things on TV

After growing up in the relative tranquility of the boarding house her parents run in a rural village, the teenage Sunja falls under the spell of Hansu (Lee Min-Ho), a sharp and charismatic local official who has decided that the best way to survive the occupation is to collaborate with the Japanese and adopt as many trappings of their culture as he can. (A later, incredibly powerful episode, involving the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, offers more insight into how he wound up this way.) Their affair inevitably grows messy, requiring the intercession of Isak (Steve Sang-Hyun Noh), a kind traveling Christian missionary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/pachinko-review-1235108946/

Apple TV+’s ‘Pachinko’: TV Review

I admired how Lee keeps Hansu inscrutable, if generally stylish and menacing...

Thank you for the reviews.  Apple seems to have a stellar show. Really looking forward

• Like 4

Curated Pachinko reviews on Twitter:

So happy for LMH, the reviews are all amazing!!!! Many commented that Pachinko definitely will enter Emmy nominations!!!

LMH finally receives international recognitions for his acting, so proud!!!

:evilelmo: 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

@CarolynHWill you try to get the free tickets and watch the opening?  LMH will be there.  You must try to get the free tickets.  Chance of a lifetime :twerk2:

I signed up, but no idea if I got the tickets.  No idea where the venue is either.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I signed up, but no idea if I got the tickets.  No idea where the venue is either.  

Wishing you good luck!  At least you tried so who knows!  Fingers crossed that you get it.  Sure tickets will mention the venue.:elated:

Found more reviews.

"Rounding out the cast is K-drama actor Lee Min-ho. More notably known for his romance roles, Lee takes on a more villainous character.

Fans of Lee will see him in a new light as he portrays Koh Hansu, a Korean born who is taken in by the Japanese. Pachinko has a small romance rooted in reality. As Hansu assimilated into Japanese society, he holds power over Sunja. Their romance is anything but a fairytale as they take in the circumstances of their time."

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

Pictorial Lee Min Ho Pulls Off Shiny Dark Green Fendi Suit and Briefcase Look in New Pictorial

March 11.2022 by ockoala

FNpOLlqXIAE3M8I?format=jpg&name=small

Ooooh, I really dig this whole look on K-actor Lee Min Ho. Top to bottom it's my jam even though individually it's all no bueno if you asked me to style a guy. He's still rocking the long slightly curly messy hair with a middle part which is both a different hairstyle than the one he's been wearing for years on now and also frames his face so well. I don't know if this should be a permanent look as it might get old and also a hassle to style but for now please can I have some more pictorial. As for the outfit, he's wearing the latest season Fendi men's suit in dark green almost snakeskin or perhaps mottled ombre pattern and the fabric and color styling gives off a shiny sheen almost. The outfit is tres trendy but still looks wearable for a fashion event or a night out in Paris or Milan.

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/03/11/lee-min-ho-pulls-off-shiny-dark-green-fendi-suit-and-briefcase-look-in-new-pictorial/

Dear Oppa: An Indian Minoz gushes Pachinko star Lee Min Ho's genuine eyes have acting skills of another league

by Pinkvilla Desk   |  Published on Mar 12, 2022

lee_min_ho_dear_oppa_3.jpg?width=752&for

Gauri Singh from India cried watching Lee Min Ho's dramas The Legend of the Blue Sea and The Heirs.

Minoz are counting down the days for when Lee Min Ho makes his highly-awaited drama comeback with Pachinko, premiering on March 25. Till then, we will always have the beloved Hallyu star's classic dramas to revisit from time to time; whether it be Boys Over Flowers and The Heirs to The Legend of the Blue Sea and a more recent one, The King: Eternal Monarch. Lee Min Ho is that classic combination of versatile actor meets gorgeous specimen, as witnessed by his amazing shows!

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Gauri Singh from India to Lee Min Ho. Read her letter (Note: This letter was sent on January 12, 2021) below:

Dear Lee Min Ho Oppa!

I am Gauri Singh from India. Today is 18th October 2020 and it's my birthday. I turned 18 today. I always wanted to write to you. It was a part of my TO-DO List.

Let me start from the beginning. The ways in which the universe introduced you to me. It was a random YouTube video. I was scrolling through the endless chain and then I stopped on one cover page. It had you. You looked unbelievable, almost godly. The video featured some scenes from your drama 'Legend of the Blue Sea'. My heart fluttered. It sure did. I knew this one thing, that I wanted to know all about this handsome guy. The next thing I know, I watched the whole drama. Absolutely loved it. Since then, I have binge-watched all your dramas and movies and even the shortest of videos featuring you. You are that amazing person who introduced the world of Korean cinema to me. Otherwise, I would have been devoid of such remarkable stories. I admit that I have watched many k dramas since then but I am and will always be loyal to you as you are my No. 1 favourite person.

I will be the first in line to cheer for you and wish luck for you.

I absolutely adore you. I am not hesitant to say that I LOVE YOU and your work. I am not the one to cry while watching dramas but I remember I cried in the scene when Heo Joon Jae went to save his father and the conversation they had. I cried when Heo Joon Jae met his mother. I cried when he struggled to retain the woman whom he loved in his memories with all his heart. That desperation and sincerity in your eyes and the way you act. You are a gem. Your eyes, I think, they have acting skills of another league. They seem so genuine. I cried when Kim Tan announced holding his real mother's arm that he is illegitimate. I have noticed one thing similar in all your characters that they are very dependable. That strong sense of safety, love, affection and longing is worth to die for.

Be it 'Boys Over Flowers', 'The Inheritors' or 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' or 'The King: Eternal Monarch', your acting bring strength out of the scarred pasts of your characters. You are the cutest. No doubt, I smile goofily like some lovesick idiot whenever I come across your cute face. You seem like a knight in shining armour. My heart races when I see your clicks on Instagram.

Oppa! You see when you went to serve in the military, I missed you so much that I marked the day of your return on my calendar with a small heart and your initials 'LMH'. When I will become established as an author and achieve my dream, I promise I will learn Korean and watch all your work again and listen to you singing, I promise I will come to South Korea at least once in my life. I may not be able to see you in person but I will always be grateful to be in the same place where you are and wander in those streets you may have strolled some time. What are your favourite flowers? Tell me. Whatever they are. They are my favourite too from now. I will raise them as a token of my admiration for you.

With love and high regard,
Gauri Singh

P.S. Wish me luck for my exams. I love you.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-indian-minoz-gushes-pachinko-star-lee-min-hos-genuine-eyes-have-acting-skills-another-league-1044157

• Like 4

https://leeminhotrends.blogspot.com/2022/03/trans-apple-tv-lee-min-ho-yoon-yeo.html

[Trans] Apple TV Pachinko got incredible positive reviews from foreign critics, knets react.

1647073380053821-0.png

Comments

- The book itself is great, but the drama seems to be well made.

- It looks like it'll be fun, I'm debating whether I should pay for this.. ㅜㅜ

- Wow.

- Oh, I'm so looking forward to it.... The trailer came out well.

-Hul daebak i cant wait.

- Wow very good.. I'm looking forward to see Lee Min-ho.

- I enjoyed reading the novel and looking forward for the drama.

- Oh looking forward to it.

- Daebak looking forward to see Lee Min-ho.

- It looked like crazy quality from the trailer video.. Lee Min-ho i waited a long time ㅠㅠ

- This is an anticipated work, but it gets better because the reviews are good.

- Oh good! I'll have to subscribe to Apple when it's released.

- Looking forward to Lee Min-ho and Go Han-soo.

- I’m looking forward to it because the reviews are good. I want to see Lee Min-ho soon.

- I'm so proud of you ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

- If Lee Min-ho coming out , you must see it. First of all, my eyes are happy.
- I want to see you... Apple TV...

- 3/25 Apple TV subscription

Source: The Qoo
  • Like 2
  • Blob 5

Lee Min-ho’s new Apple TV+ drama “Pachinko” received compliments from foreign critics

The original Apple TV+ drama “Pachinko,” starring Yoon Yeo-jung and Lee Min-ho is receiving high praise from overseas media.

On March 11th, reviews of Apple TV+’s original drama “Pachinko” were posted on various overseas media outlets.

Hollywood media Collider commented on “Pachinko” as a really beautiful drama and gave it a perfect score of “A+.”

Critic Alan Sheppinwall said that it was a really satisfying and meaningful drama in his review on the American magazine The Rolling Stones.

The Hollywood Reporter, an American magazine, also praised Pachinko as a powerful, touching and timeless work.

The British media outlet Evening Standard also hinted that it is a masterpiece that will touch the world and gave “Pachinko” a perfect score.

In addition, “Pachinko” received high praises from various overseas media outlets such as Playlist, Decider, IndieWire, and AwardsWatch, raising viewers’ expectations.

The media outlets commented that the cast’s excellent acting skills elicited sympathy from the viewers.

Based on Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin‘s novel of the same name, “Pachinko,” the drama is about the dreams and hopes of a Korean immigration family who leave their home country to seek survival and prosperity.

Apple TV+’s ambitious work “Pachinko,” which the world is paying attention to, will be available from March 25th.

https://kbizoom.com/lee-min-hos-new-apple-tv-drama-pachinko-received-compliments-from-foreign-critics/

• Like 4
  • Blob 4

Fendi Welcomes Lee Min-Ho as Its New Korean Brand Ambassador

11165322-fendi-korea-ambassador-lee-minh

The South Korean superstar has just joined the luxury fashion house as its new ambassador

Fendi has just welcomed South Korean superstar Lee Min-ho as its new Korean brand ambassador.

Lee’s agency MYM Entertainment first made the announcement on its Instagram page on Friday, posting photos of the actor in Fendi pieces including a black Jacquard blazer, shirt and trousers with the brand’s Earth motif from its men’s spring/summer 2022 collection. He’s also pictured holding the brand’s iconic Peekaboo ISeeU medium bag.

“The first meeting of Lee Min-ho and Fendi, the global fashion house, is now officially confirmed,” read the caption. 

“I’m very honoured to be a part of the Fendi family as an ambassador, a Maison that to me is rich in heritage as well as creativity,” says the actor in an official announcement from Fendi. 

11175429-fendi-korea-ambassador-lee-minh

Lee joins Hallyu queen Song Hye-kyo, who was named Fendi’s first Korean global ambassadorin 2021.

Lee rose to superstardom after starring as Goo Joon-pyo in Boys Over Flowers, a 2009 Korean TV adaptation of the Japanese manga hit. Since then, he has acted in a slew of TV projects including City Hunter (2011), The Heirs (2013), Legend of the Blue Sea (2017) and The King: Eternal Monarch (2020).

Coming up, Lee will star in Apple TV+’s Pachinko, a live action adaptation of the 2017 best-selling book by Korean American author Min Jin Lee. The actor plays Hansu, a wealthy fish broker. The story follows an immigrant family from Korea and their journey in survival, from their home country to Japan and the US. 

Source: https://www.tatlerasia.com/style/fashion/fendi-lee-min-ho-korean-ambassador

***************************************************************************************

I love all reading all the news about critics praising Pachinko & LMH acting, also news about him being new Fendi brand ambassador, but I still miss watching him act the most. March 25 please come sooner! And still waiting for new acting project announcement this year!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

What has the cast said about the television adaptation of Pachinko?

In a September 2021 interview with Esquire Korea, Lee Min-ho said that he wanted to portray his character Hansu truthfully by properly reflecting “the male image from that era”.

“I wanted to be true to the character,” he said. “So I tried to focus on how desperate they were to survive in that period [of time].”

The actor added: “I wanted to express the man who has desperately survived and met the woman he loved. And I really wanted to portray well how one can love one another.”

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/tv/pachinko-tv-adaptation-min-jin-lee-apple-tv-release-date-plot-trailer-2902269

This is older and probably already posted earlier but relevant still since he talks about his role in Pachinko.  He is such a homebody.  I guess when you are in the spotlight whenever you are in the public eye, being home is such a comfort or sanctuary. 

He talks about living in Mars.  Is that why he is selecting Ask the stars, make believe that he lives in Mars or in space with Elon Musk :mrgreen:

•  
  • Like 4
  • Blob 2