Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

He's at the premiere!  He's wearing what looks like a black suit.  His hair does not look as though it's styled.  The video clips are too far away to see clearly.  Blue shirt.  It's at the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures; I think it's near LACMA.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

10 hours ago, CallieP said:
"So this happened. the charming, easy going and v articulate #leeminho and that’s him smiling when I told him in korean 연기 좋아해요 #leeminho #pachinko #leeminho #kdrama  Puja Talwar"

Wonder if she is well known in LA, which agency is she from?  She speaks Korean.

@CallieP  she's currently an Executive Editor for Entertainment and Lifestyle @mygoodtimes. She was formerly an NDTV Editor accused of plagiarism. NDTV (New Delhi Television Ltd) is an Indian news media company focusing on broadcast and digital news publication. She was allegedly accused of lifting content from the 6th episode of the drama Crash Landing On You podcast without due credits. No idea if she's known in LA entertainment industry. IDK, too if she can speak Korean fluently.  :allgoodlol:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

*** The ranking is changing but, LMH is still the most followed Korean actors on Instagram.     :piggie:   Most of the Korean actors have Instagram and some have an impressive amount of followers! Some have been using Instagram actively while some do not really keep it updated. Some actors also just created their Instagram recently and are still gathering followers.  All data were updated on March 16 (latest update), 2022, at 11:00 AM KST.    :yay:

Top 28 Most Followed Korean Actors On Instagram & 80 Other Actors' Instagram

1. Lee MinHo - 28.7m followers - @actorleeminho

Korean-actor-most-followed-Instagram-031

Lee-MinHo-most-followed-Korean-actor-on-

(skipped unrelated.....) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

35 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

He's at the premiere!  He's wearing what looks like a black suit.  His hair does not look as though it's styled.  The video clips are too far away to see clearly.  Blue shirt.  It's at the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures; I think it's near LACMA.

@CarolynH you're right - Academy Museum of Motion Pictures is located in Streamline Moderne building at Wilshire and Fairfax, next to (LACMA).   :rainbow:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I can't wait for all the interviews.  According leeminhoscloset, he is wearing a Fendi jacket.

@CarolynH  NICE to know this - he's using the brand of clothes he's endorsing. Big brands use celebrity endorsements because it both promotes their products and increases a product’s conversion rate (the percentage of people who buy out of the people exposed to a product). More people get to know about the product, and those people are more likely to buy when something is endorsed by someone they respect.  :happydance:

• Like 5

*** The TV adaption writer & producer of "Pachinko", Soo Hugh has this to say about LMH. -  I'm happy that he's all praises on him.   :heart1:

“Lee Min Ho put much spirit into this upcoming series. Throughout the whole show, he pulled off a character with great detail. He did not hesitate to take on new challenges and put his heart and soul into this work.” 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Pachinko PremiereLee Min ho arrives at 'Pachinko' Los Angeles premiere

'Pachinko' Los Angeles premiere Arrivals - Lee Min-ho, Anna Sawai, Jung Eun-chae, Min-ha Kim

Good for LMH! I'm glad he proactively chose a project to showcase his range in acting

:gangnamstyle::gangnamstyle:

• Like 9
  • Wiggle 1

Dear Oppa: A fan from the United States writes about Lee Min Ho shining in the dark

lee_min_ho_2_main_1.jpg?width=752&format

Following his official debut as an actor in 2003, Lee Min Ho has become well-loved for his iconic roles in K-Dramas like ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and ‘The Heirs’. Lee Min Ho’s most recent role was his comeback series, ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ in 2020, which set a record for SBS’ highest 2020 Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings. Lee Min Ho will be seen next in Apple TV’s series ‘Pachinko’, based on the novel of the same name.

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Jenny Pen from the United States to Lee Min Ho. Read their letter below.

Dear Lee Min Ho,

My name is Jenny Pen from the United States, I've watched your K-Drama ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and I fell in love with you and the team. And I went through all of your K-Dramas, and since then I started watching every series with you in it...You're the best actor that I've ever seen, you bring the best out of you and you sparkle and shine everywhere that is dark. Your smile makes my heart melt and other people’s too. Lee Min Ho I want to thank you for making fantastic K-Dramas for the world to watch...I'll be the first person to cheer you on your next projects...good luck with your success...May God watch and protect you everywhere you go. Hopefully one day I'll get to meet you in person or go to South Korea to visit and walk the street that I use to take a stroll on... Enough of my melting heart, hope you read this letter and put a smile on my face because my letter doesn't make sense...hehehehe 

Thanks, p.s I love you 

Hope to hear from you soon have a blessed day

Jenny

source : Pinkvilla

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-fan-united-states-writes-about-lee-min-ho-shining-dark-1047342

• Like 4

Intro for March 17, 2022

Pachinka-1.jpg

Lainey
ON 17.03.2022
Dear Gossips

Apple TV’s Pachinko, adapted from Min Jin Lee’s acclaimed novel by the same name, starts streaming on March 25 with the first three episodes dropping right away and then one a week until all eight are released. Reviews so far have been really strong. Rolling Stone called it “one of the best things on TV” and IndieWire says that it’s a “gorgeous family drama that’s the closest TV can get to a shared memory”. And this is a series with lots of subtitles, in different colours too, because we’re dealing with multiple languages: mostly Korean, Japanese, and English.

Apple’s put a lot into this one, with a first season budget (they’re hoping for a four-season run) that reportedly exceeds what HBO was spending on Game of Thrones. Because while Pachinko is for sure a family drama, it’s also a sweeping epic across generations and continents with an international cast and crew, directed by Kogonada and Justin Chon, that could possibly be contending for awards. Squid Game, as we’ve seen, has broken through the North American awards system this year and is still eligible for Emmys contention in September. Pachinko will also be eligible. Do we live in world where two non-English language drama series could be contending for Best Drama?

There’s still a ways to go for that, and showrunner Soo Hugh is aware of the pressure, telling Vanity Fair that she:

“…feels the responsibility of shepherding a barrier-breaking show and what it could mean if it fails after its debut, not just for the future of this series, but for the fact that it means other shows like this one could lose out on the opportunity to be made. “I wish I could say that it was just a question for Pachinko to bear, but just because we are on the vanguard of this, I feel a lot of responsibility, of not wanting to be the show that sunk it all for a while.”

Given the critical response so far, the quality is obviously there, now it’s a matter of momentum and attention. One of the ways Pachinko might attract that attention is through its cast, including reigning Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner Youn Yuh-jung and superstar Lee Min-ho who were both at the premiere last night. Lee Min-ho is one of the most famous actors in East Asia, one of the most followed celebrities from South Korea. Korean content is now far past niche – not when you consider that the streaming giants are now competing with each other to invest in Korean production and talent after seeing the success of how Netflix’s steady strategy over the last few years has paid off. Netflix’s extensive library of Korean series is one of the big reasons for its growth, a development that mainstream media outlets didn’t bother paying attention to, which is why this might be news for some of you reading this. But the audience is there, all around the world. And to go back to Lee Min-ho, he’s just as big of a celebrity as Jake Gyllenhaal, for example, and many of his western counterparts, who may seem to get more mainstream coverage, at least when you consider “mainstream” through a North American lens.

Interestingly, Natalie Portman made a surprise appearance last night at the premiere. I’m not sure exactly what her relationship to the production is, or if there even is one, but she posed on the carpet with Theresa Kang-Lowe so that may be the immediate connection.

Spoiler

https://photos.laineygossip.com/embeds/natalie-embed-17mar22-0001.jpg

Natalie Portman and Theresa Kang-Lowe attend the red carpet event for the global premiere of Apple's "Pachinko" at Academy Museum of Motion Pictures on March 16, 2022 in Los Angeles, California

Theresa Kang-Lowe is a power player in Hollywood. She was an agent for a number of years, the “first Asian American to be promoted to partner at WME” and the “first Asian American woman to launch a management and production company with an exclusive deal” (with Apple) through her Blue Marble Pictures and Blue Marble Management companies. She is one of the executive producers of Pachinko and also represents Alfonso Cuaron and Lena Waithe, among others. This woman is a baller. Baller enough to bring out Natalie Portman for her first public appearance of 2022.

Yours in gossip,

Lainey

https://www.laineygossip.com/reviews-for-apple-tv-pachinko-sweeping-epic-across-generations-and-continents-have-been-really-strong-so-far/70581

PHOTOS AND VIDEOS: ‘PACHINKO’ PREMIERE IN LOS ANGELES

Posted On 17 March 2022By Direzione

201491-photos-and-videos-pachinko-premie

The famous Korean TV series Pachinko, which is based on a best selling novel by the same name authored by Min Jin Lee, has been making headlines already, even before releasing on the OTT platform Apple TV+. Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Los Angeles hosted the premiere of the show on 16 March attended by many famous guests, including the cast members.

The premiere of Pachinko
At the premiere, the Pachinko cast, including Yuh-Jung Youn, Lee Minho, Jin Ha, Minha Kim, Anna Sawai, Eunchae Jung, Inji Jeong, Jimmi Simpson, Soji Arai, Yu-na Jeon, were seen bringing their sartorial A-game at the red carpet. Executive producers Theresa Kang-Lowe and Soo Hugh, along with director Kogonada, were also spotted sharing some behind the scenes moments from the shoot.

Lee Minho

Pachinko.jpg

Image Credit: Tommaso Boddi/FilmMagic/Getty Images

At the premiere, Lee Minho looked dapper as he chose to don a classic black pinstripe suit with a matching pair of well-fitted pants and teamed it with a dark blue shirt. He spoke about what drew him to the character of Hansu, why he wanted to be a part of the show, how different is his work in Pachinko as compared to his previous roles and the famous dance in the opening sequence of the series.

Lee Minho on what drew him to #Pachinko: “The story was powerful. I loved it. I could really relate to the strength & resilience of the people who had to live through those desperate & difficult times. My character Hansu has his own way of survival which is quite heartbreaking.” pic.twitter.com/CTJ6Sas9vI

— Variety (@Variety) March 17, 2022

Lee Minho told Variety, “The story was powerful. I loved it. I could really relate to the strength and resilience of the people who had to live through those desperate and difficult times. My character Hansu has his own way of survival which is quite heartbreaking.”

How is Lee Minho’s role in #Pachinko different from his previous work? “Hansu is a much darker character. I think everyone has some kind of good & evil inside them. Hansu is a character that goes from good to kind of bad or evil…it’s challenging, but it was different & good.” pic.twitter.com/bgkUgdBIIF

Lee Minho also spoke about his character Hansu and mentioned that it is a dark character. The actor truly believes that there is good and evil within everyone and that is why he was able to relate to his character. He said, “Hansu is a character that goes from good to kind of bad or evil…it’s challenging, but it was different and good.”

Lee Minho on #Pachinko‘s opening sequence: “I wouldn’t really call it a dance. It was kind of like movement. My fans know that I’m a bad dancer!” pic.twitter.com/gosnBF2FOn

Talking about the famous dance sequence, the actor said, “I wouldn’t really call it a dance. It was kind of like movement. My fans know that I’m a bad dancer!” Giving a little more detail about Lee Minho’s refusal to dance and some behind the scene information about the shoot, the executive producer of the show Soo Hugh said, “No matter what songs we played, no matter how we tried to get him up…you know!”

#Pachinko executive producer Soo Hugh jokes about Lee Minho’s refusal to dance: “No matter what songs we played, no matter how we tried to get him up…you know!” pic.twitter.com/MFJG4fkQQV

The actor also talked about Korean and Korean-American stories getting their due importance in Hollywood. He told Entertainment Tonight, “We now live in a global community without any silos so we can easily share our stories amongst each other and that’s why the once-neglected people are under the light.”

#Pachinko‘s Lee Min-ho is so proud that more Korean American stories are being spotlighted and given a platform to share with a larger audience. pic.twitter.com/J2ihSgV7Ls

— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) March 17, 2022

Minha Kim

Minha Kim on sharing a role with Yuh-Jung Youn in #Pachinko: “I was so honored having the opportunity to play the same role as her and to connect with her.” pic.twitter.com/uS4xWcLj0J

Minha Kim, who portrays the role of teenager Sunja in Pachinko, the show that features multiple-generations, spoke about sharing her character with one of Korean cinema’s revered icons Yuh-Jung Youn. She said, “I was so honoured having the opportunity to play the same role as her and to connect with her.”

At the event, Minha Kim was a vision in white. She wore a crisp white shirt with baggy sleeves and teamed it with a tulle skirt with intricate floral print.

Yuh-Jung Youn, Jin Ha and other celebrities on the red carpet

Spoiler

Pachinka.jpg

The legendary actor Yuh-Jung Youn went for a classic all-black full-length dress and paired it with an elegant string of pearls. Black Swan actor Natalie Portman also graced the occasion looking fierce in a bright red bodycon dress and she completed the monotone look with an oversized blazer and matching heels. However, it was Jin Ha’s attire that stole the show. The actor stood out from the rest of his cast in his traditional pink and blue ensemble.

Spoiler

Pachinka-1.jpg

Jung Eun-chae also opted for an all-black look and wore a tulle black skirt which she teamed with a well-fitted buttoned-down blazer top. Just like most of the cast, Soji Arai was also seen in an all-black ensemble which consisted of a black suit with matching pants and a crisp shirt.

What is Pachinko about?
#Pachinko comes to Apple TV+ on March 25, starring Academy Award® winner Yuh-Jung Youn, @actorleeminho, @mistterjin, and Minha Kim.

__

3월 25일 Apple TV+에 찾아오는 #파친코. 아카데미 수상 배우 윤여정, @actorleeminho, @mistterjin, 그리고 김민하

— Apple TV+ (@AppleTVPlus) March 15, 2022

Pachinko is a popular betting game in Japan and the TV series portrays a family that gets a chance to change their lives through the game. The series is based on a book by the same name and it chronicles the life of Sunja. It is a story based on the era when Japan invaded Korea.

Sunja is a young girl who helps her mother run a boarding house and leads a rather uneventful life. Things change when she meets Koh Hansu (Lee Minho) who stands out from the rest of the crowd. The two fall in love but cannot be together as Hansu is already married. Not wanting to be the mistress of Hansu, a pregnant Sunja marries a minister named Isaak Baek (Steve Sang-hyun) and tries to move away but the two cannot get out of each other’s life.

Pachinko will start streaming on Apple TV+ from March 25.

(Main and Feature Image Credit: Tommaso Boddi/FilmMagic/Getty Images)

The post Photos and Videos: ‘Pachinko’ premiere in Los Angeles appeared first on Lifestyle Asia Hong Kong.

https://ugolini.co.th/ugolini/photos-and-videos-pachinko-premiere-in-los-angeles/

• Like 3
  • Love 1