Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

"lee min ho shooting king enternal monarch" in YouTube

5 things to know about “Pachinko” star Lee Min-ho

By:
Ha Rin Choi
March 14, 2022

Renowned K-drama actor, Lee Min-ho, is finally making a powerful comeback on the March 25 with Apple TV+’s Pachinko. Apart from his past hit dramas, here are five things you may not know about him

Influential K-drama star Lee Min-ho, whose hit drama milestones include Legend of the Blue Sea and The Heirs, is coming back to the screen by taking the lead role at Apple TV+’s Pachinko.

As Lee Min-ho became Fendi Korea’s ambassador and made a comeback as the K-drama king once again, here we want to highlight 5 things you need to know about him.

He was a child actor

198319254_154109296766202_46602724346163

Among his many hit dramas, Boys Over Flowers definitely brought his name to the fore. As such, many people still believe it to be his debut drama – but actually, he was a child actor since 2003. Although his official debut was in 2006 in the EBS youth drama Secret Campus, he appeared in Sharp three years earlier. He played as a friend of Yoo Ah-in, whom he met at the art academy.

He played a high school student in drama I Am Sam in 2007 – when he was 20 years old. Park Min-young took the lead role in the drama, and surprisingly, the two met again as the lead couple in the drama City Hunter later in 2011.

He broke the record

Spoiler

184874621_2972132076397788_5143600537309

Some television stations have an impenetrable wall when it comes to airing foreign shows and their cast. Chinese state-owned broadcaster CCTV is one of them. However, in January 2014, Lee Min-ho made his way to appear on the station and even achieved the highest rating of the moment.

After his first hit drama of Boys Over Flowers, Lee consistently launched himself onto numerous masterpiece projects – including City Hunter and The Heirs. The Heirs raised his profile to the top by achieving 25.6 per cent of ratings. Lee received more than 5 awards in SBS Drama Awards in the same year, including Top Excellence in Acting and Best Couple awards. Moreover, it led to his global debut (and gaining massive attention from Greater China – hence his appearance on CCTV). Lee remain amongst one of the few Korean (and foreigners) to make it onto this broadcaster.

He loves playing football

Spoiler

233282238_353788732875299_62052338468697

Many K-celebrities enjoy playing sports. And Lee Min-ho is one of them. Lee is widely known as a football lover, and his favourite Football Club is Manchester United.

Beyond just loving it, Lee actually dreamed of becoming a football player before his debut. He was the top student at FC Chamboom – a youth football club trained by famed football player and manager, Cha Bum-kun. Lee also showed his football skill during his appearance on Boys Over Flowers.

Bonus fact: He is left-footed.

He is a good friend of Jung Il-woo

Since their high school years, High Kick! star Jung Il-woo has been a close friend of Lee. They didn’t attend the same school, but the ones neighbouring each other. Both never forgot to mention each other’s names when asked questions about best friends.

The two also went through a hard time together too. In 2006, right after Jung Il-woo was cast to High Kick!, they went on a trip to the beach together and faced an unfortunate car accident. Following the incident, Lee Min-ho was hospitalised for half a year, and four months for Jung. Both suffered aftereffects in their recuperation, as such they were allowed to complete their military duties as social works – a provision for those with mental or physical health issues. Having overcome a difficult time together, they both made an astonishing comeback together.

He is a talented singer

Spoiler

184037089_198152862126813_64812246648824

Lee loves to communicate with his fans through acting and singing. Apart from his hit dramas, he has continuously released EPs since 2013. His unique album My Everything – which includes seven songs – ranked top five on Gaon Music Chart and number one on Japan’s Oricon Albums Chart after its release in May 2013.

This special album led him to have a concert-themed global fan meeting tour, My Everything, which attracted 52,000 attendees in total.

https://hashtaglegend.com/culture/entertainment/5-things-to-know-about-pachinko-star-lee-min-ho/

• Like 5

https://www.tatlerasia.com/culture/entertainment/pachinko-cast-appletv-plus

Meet the Cast of ‘Pachinko’, Apple TV+’s Adaptation of Min Jin Lee’s Best-Selling Book

Lee Min-ho

14101538-lmh_cover_1500x998.jpg

South Korean superstar Lee Min-ho is taking on the role of Hansu Koh in Pachinko, a wealthy fish broker. He falls in love with teenage Sunja.

Lee Min-ho is one of South Korea’s most versatile stars, being an actor, singer, creator and businessman. His breakthrough came in 2009 when he took on the role of Gu Jun-pyo in the South Korean remake of the hit drama Boys Over Flowers. His performance earned him a Best New Actor award at the Baeksang Arts Awards and rocketed him to fame.

Lee’s recognition grew and he became one of South Korea’s most sought-after actors. With that, a series of increasingly challenging television roles followed City Hunter and The Heirs.

Showrunner Soo Hugh describes Lee as “so detail-oriented and so dedicated to working towards the whole story. He worked so hard, went so far beyond his comfort zone and was one of the hardest workers on this show.”

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Lee Min Ho Is Considered To Have Lost His 'Hot Guy' Image With 'Pachinko', Here's Why

00416554.jpg

Команда WowCool 15 марта 2022 г.

WowKeren - "Pachinko" has become one of the most anticipated dramas. Because in addition to presenting an interesting storyline, this drama will also show a new side of Lee Min Ho that is different from the projects he has starred in before.

Based on a well-known novel, Pachinko is described as an epic and intimate work that includes storylines of war, love and peace. The story centers on a woman named Kim Sung-ja (Yoon Yoo-jung) who was born and raised in Busan, South Korea during the Japanese occupation.

In her youth, Kim Sung Ja (Kim Min Ha) fell in love with a man named Ko Han Soo (Lee Min Ho), who was much older than her. Han Su lived in a matriarchal family and was known for running a gambling center.

Han Su hid that he was married and had children. After Sun Ja got pregnant, Han Soo just wanted to support her financially as a secret lover. However, not wanting to live in humiliation, Sun-ja decides to leave Han-soo and accept another kind-hearted man's offer.

As usual, Lee Min Ho continues to delight many fans with his handsome looks. The image of the rich Ko Han Soo in a white suit continues to win the hearts of fans.

This work also marks the return of Lee Min Ho after a hiatus of more than a year. Although Lee Min Ho's role in "Pachinko" is still unknown, his participation in this drama has helped increase viewers' anticipation.

Viewer anticipation is rising as Ko Han Soo is his first villain. In the past, Lee Min Ho had an image of a "hot guy" as a handsome guy who was chased by a lot of girls.

00416554s1.jpg

In an interview with Esquire magazine, Lee Min Ho said that Ko Han Soo is a villain in every way. That's why he was so happy when he got the offer for the role.

In addition, Lee Min Ho also said that his age is not suitable for acting in youth dramas and the role of a hero who saves a girl from trouble. According to him, it was so outdated that he wanted to try himself in a different role.

Lee Min Ho said, “Today's women are also saving men. Playing a character that is closer to reality is more appropriate in the current context."

Meanwhile, "Pachinko" has received a number of positive reviews from critics and foreign media, although it has not officially aired yet. Most of them say that this drama has a perfect and impressive plot.

The drama itself is a global project that will feature three languages: Korean, Japanese, and English. This 8-episode drama is scheduled to air from March 25 to April 29, 2022.

Translation from indonesian google

https://www.wowkeren.com/berita/tampil/00416554.html

Lee Min Ho spotted at The London West Hollywood in Beverly Hills for 'Pachinko' private party

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

Hey @Kris Silva

I've mentioned before that we do need to manage our expectations when it comes to the screen time of LMH on Pachinko. But nonetheless, that review points out that even with just a few minutes on the screen, an actor can captivate an audience and leave a lasting expression. However little that exposure may be, I hope it opens doors and gates towards the worldwide recognition of LMH as a talented actor with incredible range. B)

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hey @Kris Silva

I've mentioned before that we do need to manage our expectations when it comes to the screen time of LMH on Pachinko. But nonetheless, that review points out that even with just a few minutes on the screen, an actor can captivate an audience and leave a lasting expression. However little that exposure may be, I hope it opens doors and gates towards the worldwide recognition of LMH as a talented actor with incredible range. B)

Yeah, i expected that when i read the book. 

I am happy he did this project but am so looking forward to his next kdrama wherein he will be the main protagonist.   

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

"He bet all of him."

Compliments on Lee Min Ho's complicated inner acting on Pachinko

spacer.png

Actor Lee Min-ho will show a different acting transformation that  has never been seen before through Apple's original series "Pachinko," which will be released on the 25th.

Pachinko is a story that begins with forbidden love and depicts unforgettable saga of war, peace, love and separation, victory and judgment between Korea, Japan, and the United States. Lee Min-ho, who drew hot attention at home and abroad by perfectly digesting his characters through dramas "The Heirs," "Legend of the Blue Sea," and "The King: The Eternal Monarch," is drawing attention from around the world to accelerate his full-fledged global move through "Pachinko."

In Pachinko, Lee Min-ho plays Hansu, an attractive character who will shake up lives as a young man. Lee Min-ho will try to make a different transformation that has never been seen in any work, portraying not only the irresistible fatal charm of "Hansu" but also the complex inner side of the conflict between ambition and love. Soo Hugh, who was in charge of planning, script, and general production of Pachinko, said, "Lee Min-ho put all of him on the line. He was immersed in the overall flow of the story while delicately emphasizing the details. He didn't hesitate to take on a new challenge, and he was one of the people who put the most effort into this work," as she praised Lee Min-ho's new challenge. As such, questions at home and abroad are mounting about what kind of new appearance Lee Min-ho, who has both star and acting skills, will show through "Pachinko."

Based on the New York Times bestselling book of the same name, Pachinko, which contains stories about the hopes and dreams of Korean immigrant families, consists of a total of eight episodes, and will be released every Friday until the 29th of next month.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003842139

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Hey @Kris Silva!  Glad to see you active again :heart:  With Pachinko, I think most of us know it's about Sunja, not Hansu, unlike another drama whose title suggested we would see a lot of LMH.  Sometimes a minor role leads to much bigger roles, so I'm not bothered.  

Sigh, I guess I didn't get tickets for the Pachinko premiere.  I'm not sure that I would have gone since the location wasn't identified.  Maybe that was on purpose to prevent crowds?  Someone from USAMinoz scored though.  

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Hey @Kris Silva!  Glad to see you active again :heart:  With Pachinko, I think most of us know it's about Sunja, not Hansu, unlike another drama whose title suggested we would see a lot of LMH.  Sometimes a minor role leads to much bigger roles, so I'm not bothered.  

Sigh, I guess I didn't get tickets for the Pachinko premiere.  I'm not sure that I would have gone since the location wasn't identified.  Maybe that was on purpose to prevent crowds?  Someone from USAMinoz scored though.  

Thanks @CarolynH !  I never left, just mostly lurking and liking the posts (thanks all, especially  to @syntyche , for  all the updates!).:kiss_wink:

Just want to help out a little as we get so many updates on our boy’s new project. Exciting time for us Minoz who have been patiently waiting!!  So happy and proud of our LMH. :hooray:

https://goggler.my/5-reasons-you-should-watch-pachinko-on-apple-tv-plus/    5 Reasons You Should Watch Pachinko on Apple TV Plus
276029916_10227427564984124_167326571143

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

Thanks @CarolynH !  I never left, just mostly lurking and liking the posts (thanks all, especially  to @syntyche , for  all the updates!).:kiss_wink:

Just want to help out a little as we get so many updates on our boy’s new project. Exciting time for us Minoz who have been patiently waiting!!  So happy and proud of our LMH. 

Thanks, too @Kris Silva! Good to see you posting again!

Pachinko: All you need to know about Lee Min Ho’s new Drama!

Pachinko: There’s no denying that the Korean Wave is here to stay, its popularity I only on raise after Squid game and All of us are dead! And BTS and Lee Min Ho are global Icons of this Hallyu Wave. Hence Lee Min Ho’s next drama is receiving an immense attention across the globe. According to the Media Pandits, Pachinko being Lee Min Ho’s, Apple TV+’s new historical drama is the next biggest thing. Well, lets see why Pachinko deserves a spot on your watch list apart from LMH.

spacer.png

You might think that with such big names on their roster, there was bound to be a few shoo-ins for the main roles. However, leading man Lee Min-ho opened up to GQ Korea, saying he hadn’t had to audition for a role for over 10 years following the success of his show Boys Over Flowers back in 2009 — that is, until Pachinko came along.

He said, “I was determined to get the role, so I worked really hard to prepare for it. I was very nervous and excited. I felt pressured about having to do well, and I was really happy when I got the part.” When talking about the role to Esquire Korea, he said that he wanted to reflect the “male image from that era” and explained: “I wanted to be true to the character, so I tried to focus on how desperate they were to survive in that period.”

On January 26 2022, Apple TV+ announced that the first three episodes of Pachinko will premiere on the platform on March 25. Each subsequent episode will premiere every Friday until the season wraps on April 29 with eight episodes – although its runtime has not been announced.

https://english.oktelugu.com/pachinko-need-to-know-about-lee-min-hos-new-drama/

popternative IG update

New stills from our #Pachinko interview with leeminho and minhakim__ which is dropping on our YouTube channel this Friday March 18th, at 10am EST

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 6