Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

#Pachinko executive producer Michael Ellenberg on Lee Minho’s role: "He really saw this as an opportunity to show sides of himself that audiences hadn't seen before. He chased us. He fought hard for it. He auditioned for it. He was so brave in putting himself out there."

@syntyche I love the part when the Variety reporter said to Ellenberg  " Talk about one of the biggest stars in the world"
I like that she emphasized  the words "IN THE WORLD"  She recognizes his value.  :gangnamstyle::approves:
Not just a Korean Hallyu star but world renowned
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 3

Reasons why “Pachinko” will be a series that changes Lee Min-ho’s acting career

Kien PhamFebruary 2, 2022Last Updated: February 2, 2022
3 minutes read

“Pachinko” is a special movie that might change Lee Min-ho’s current career, take him to another level of success even though he’s already a very successful actor.

A deep and shocking plot story

The movie “Pachinko” is a TV series remake of the novel with the same name by American Korean author Lee Min-jin. The story takes place in the 20th century about the story of a Korean family living in Japan amid the changes of history. They made a living by managing a pachinko parlor – a type of arcade game in Japan but is actually viewed as a kind of gambling device.

Pachinko

Pachinko” has a very interesting and deep story about forbidden love, and perfectly describes an unforgettable history era of war, peace, love and parting. The characters of “Pachinko” had to experience shocking changes in both their lives and mental state after moving to a foreign land amid the flow of history. This book has left a very strong emotion and aftertaste to those who have read it.

With an interesting, deep plot and fast, high-paced tempo of the story, “Pachinko” has been named in the Top 10 Best Selling Books in 2017 of The New York Times.

Pachinko

Lee Min Ho – not just a handsome face

In 2020, after being discharged from his military service, Lee Min Ho returned to the home screen with the drama “The King: Eternam Monarch”. Despite his fans’ strong support, “The King: Eternam Monarch” was not a successful project as expected. That leds to an even bigger attention to how “Pachinko” – his next work – will turn our.

With outstanding apperance and countless of famous acting works, but Lee Min Ho is still facing many controversial opinions that his acting lacks diversity and emotion. Many said that this is the perfect time for Lee Min Ho to upgrade himself with heavier and rougher roles. “Pachinko” might be the perfect solution for him.

Pachinko

Lee Min Ho’s character in “Pachinko”, through a few still cuts, is still a handsome man in all different angles. But this time, he emits a more dandy, grown-up and sexy aura. This only raises the audience’s, especially Lee Min Ho’s fan, expectation for him.

Lee Min Ho‘s role in “Pachinko” is a character who will go through different stages of a human life, from a young boy to a man of old age. This will be a challenge for Lee Min Ho as he will have to show many psychological changes according to his character’s age as well as the ups and downs in life.

Pachinko

A series that takes over the world stage

Lee Min Ho‘s popularity in Asia is indisputable, but the level “Pachinko” brings to Lee Min Ho is completely different. It can be said that all eyes are on “Pachinko”. The series is in the center of viewers’ discussion from the production, casting to premiere date.

With “Pachinko”, Lee Min Ho gets to work with a multinational team: Hollywood-class production team as well as veteran and famous actors from Korea, Japan… Among them are veteran actress Youn Yuh Jung, who won the prestigious Oscar for Best Supporting Actress; Anna Sawai, who impressed everyone through Fast & Furious 9; famous Japanese actress Kaho Minami, who is expected to play a charismatic role in this work…

Pachinko

Pachinko” was filmed during a stressful epidemic outbreak not only in Korea, but worldwide. Aside from Busan (Korea), in February 2021, Lee Min Ho also flew to Vancouver (Canada) to film some necessary scenes. However, looking at some early-released still cuts of the series, their hard effort seems to have been paid off.

Pachinko” is a collaborative work by various creative artists. Director Kogonada directed and produced four episodes while American director Justin Chon was in charge of the remaining four episodes. It is not clear which episodes each director will direct, but this raises viewers’ expectations for the drama’s diversity, attractiveness and quality.

Pachinko

Pachinko” is AppleTV+’s first cross-border original series that is produced in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English. The film is set to be released on AppleTV+, which means that it will approach foreign viewers right from its release. The series scheduled to air on March 25th.

Source
hoahoctro

https://kbizoom.com/reasons-why-pachinko-will-be-a-series-that-changes-lee-min-hos-acting-career/

• Like 7

Who says LMH can't dance?! :P

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

#Pachinko executive producer Michael Ellenberg on Lee Minho’s role: "He really saw this as an opportunity to show sides of himself that audiences hadn't seen before. He chased us. He fought hard for it. He auditioned for it. He was so brave in putting himself out there."

@syntyche I love the part when the Variety reporter said to Ellenberg  " Talk about one of the biggest stars in the world"
I like that she emphasized  the words "IN THE WORLD"  She recognizes his value.  
Not just a Korean Hallyu star but world renowned

So happy for LMH! His hard work and talent are now being more recognized worldwide B)

@CarolynH, i'm not complaining with the 3 episodes. :P

Although I may need to block off the weekend to watch and rewatch the episodes

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

It’s been so wonderful to read the reviews and to see that  people do recognise what a big star he is. I also loved it when the reporter said “one of the biggest stars in the world”

After what happened with TKEM isn’t it great to know there will be no product placement advertising and no tv ratings to worry us.

I like  how his new hairstyle makes him look so different from his Hansu 

character. 
Only a week to go!!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3

"Pachinko" LEE MINHO is aiming to be global beyond Asia

spacer.png

Actor Lee Min-ho will go global beyond Asia. He expressed his original love through Apple TV+ Pachinko, his first American film. Familiar with sweet romance, he meets viewers around the world with a story focusing on survival in an era drama set during the Japanese colonial period. Forecasting a transformation in his image, he took on a new challenge 13 years ago with his initial commitment during the drama "Boys Over Flowers."

Pachinko is based on the New York Times bestselling book of the same name. It is a story that begins with forbidden love and depicts unforgettable chronology of war, peace, love and separation, victory and judgment between Korea and Japan and the United States. A total of eight episodes were made. It unravels the hopes and dreams of Korean immigrant families who have left their home countries with an indomitable will to survive and prosperity in four generations. In the play, Lee Min-ho played the role of Ko Han-soo. It will be released worldwide on Apple TV+ on March 25.

Q: You auditioned and joined. Did Apple TV+ know about you?

"I know that the audition proceeded about six rounds in total, but I think I saw it in the fourth round. I didn't know about the audition because the drama ' The King' was being filmed in the first, second and third rounds. After that, I was auditioned through Korean productions. There was talk about what role I was going to audition for. They asked which characters among Hansoo, Isaac and Solomon I wanted to audition for. I didn't know if they knew me until I auditioned for the show and participated in it (laughs), but I heard the story behind it, and I didn't want to influence the decision."

Q: Did you know about the original work when you were offered an audition?

"I didn't read about the novel, but I only knew the title. It is a novel that I read while filming."

Q: What did you prepare before you started shooting?

"I focused on preparing for the language and how to maintain the sensibility of the time. I prepared these two the most. Thankfully, both writers and directors helped me maintain those emotions through continuous questions. In a way, I was able to maintain my emotions without rest."

Q: Why were you attracted to the masterpiece?

"It's my first time playing this kind of role. I thought that I wanted to communicate with more people and the desire to talk more honestly. And I thought the message of this work was a story that penetrated the times. I sympathized with Hansu's way of surviving, and it was different from the previous characters I've played. He is a character that existed in a desperate reality. In that respect, I was most attracted to it. In this work, I tried to empathize with the emotions of that era very realistically. I didn't pay much attention to my appearance or anything like that. I tried to have an appearance that could represent the era as it is."

Kogonada and Justin Chon directed four episodes each.

"Their personal tendencies are very different. Director Kogonada is shy and expresses it in a dual way in expression. Director Justin Chon is passionate and seems to be in front of everything. However, in conclusion, the most important part for both of them was sincerity. Both of them were communicating a lot with the actors from the beginning and the main focus was on feeling and making it in the times. I often asked, "How was it?" I think the important point was whether the actors really felt it or whether they felt its sincerity through the monitor."

You spoke Japanese and Jeju dialect in the series.

"One of the things I really liked about this time was that I felt supported by the parts I needed in great detail. It was good that the Japanese coach, Jeju dialect coach, and acting coach set up a system so that actors could prepare something systematically."

-The opening credits was different from the overall atmosphere of the work. The dance that exploded the excitement inside was impressive.

"I wasn't confident in dancing, but I asked a lot of questions on the day of shooting, like, "Can I really stay like this?"' "Can we have fun like this?"' In conclusion, after looking at the work, I thought the real appearance that viewers wanted to see after a heavy and deep narrative was in the opening sequence. I thought someone might want to see a bright smile."

You appeared with actress Yoon Yeo-jung in the series.

"I didn't see her performance in person at the set. I wanted to look into her eyes and breathe, but I couldn't. That's the most disappointing point."

Q: How was your chemistry with Kim Min-ha, an actor who plays the role of Sunja?

"Regardless of acting career or experience, I think the most important thing in an actor's job is to communicate with each other in a comfortable state and create synergy. After deciding to appear in the show, I met with Minha in private and we talked about our lives. We tried to have time to be comfortable with each other."

Q: Actors of various nationalities will appear. Are there any actors you've become friends with?

"I exchanged direct messages with actors other than Korean actors. As the work itself went back and forth between the times, there were not as many exchanges between specific characters as expected. There was no time to communicate deeply. Rather, we were talking a lot after the event through this schedule."

Q: Are you looking forward to making Season 2?

"Well, there's no clear ending to the story of the characters in season one. Shouldn't our story continue?(Laughs)

Q: It's your first work in the U.S. Is there any modifier you want to be called before your name?

"The nickname I want to be called is actor Lee Min-ho. The modifiers such as star Lee Min-ho and Hallyu star Lee Min-ho are not titles anyone can have, but I think I'm happiest when I'm called actor Lee Min-ho because I'm more sincere and my job name is an actor. As before, I always want to do my best wherever I have a story that I think is meaningful. As the trend of the times and good projects have started, I will continue to work hard if there is a good story and a place that needs me."

Q: I heard you had a meal with your senior, Lee Jung-jae the other day. What kind of conversation did you have?

"First of all, three days ago, I congratulated and respected my senior for receiving his third acting award for Netflix's original 'Squid Game. It seems to be in the same vein as the story of Pachinko. I think the current K-content is drawing attention because of our seniors and seniors above it. I think it is important for us to do our best silently in the given situation as actors."

Q: How is senior Lee Jung-jae to you?

"His existence alone makes you reflect on yourself and motivate yourself. Basically, he is passionate and diligent in his work as an actor. Just seeing that from the side makes me think that I should work harder."

Q: What are your plans or goals for the future?

"First of all, I think I'll greet you through a Korean drama this year. The goal I want to achieve in the future is to leave as many works as possible. I have a lot of thoughts like that, and I want to work diligently. Please pay a lot of attention to Pachinko."

https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/437/0000292898?sid=103

• Like 8

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/17153753/pachinko-lee-min-ho-17032022-thumbnail-780x470.jpg

Netizens surprised by Lee Min Ho’s visuals with messy long hair at “Pachinko” premiere in LA

agoLast Updated: March 17, 2022

He seems to look much more mature.

On March 17, Lee Min Ho and the cast and crew of Apple TV’s “Pachinko”, including Youn Yuh Jung, Kim Min Ha, Jung Eun Chae, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai,… appeared at the red carpet event for the series’ global premiere in Los Angeles.

pachinko-lee-min-ho-17032022-1.webp

Lee Min Ho took the spotlight at the event. He showed up on the red carpet in a dashing black suit and navy blue shirt. He also stood out with messy wavy long hair styled in a comma. Lee Min Ho looks handsome as always, but in some unedited phone camera photos, netizens are taken back by his visuals because he seems to look somewhat older.

pachinko-lee-min-ho-17032022-3.webp

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/17153745/pachinko-lee-min-ho-17032022-2.jpg

Lee Min Ho in photos taken by reporters…

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/17153750/pachinko-lee-min-ho-17032022-4.jpg

… looks a bit different from phone camera photos

Some netizens’ comments:

It’s just the angle…
Is he not allowed to age? He’s still handsome to me
He looks like an ahjussi… That hair would only look good in pictorials
He has put on some weight lately. The hair doesn’t suit his face but he still looks good.
I didn’t recognize him

At the premiere, Lee Min Ho also talked about his role in “Pachinko”. He said, “The story of my character Hansu is very interesting. I love it. It makes me think of the strength and resilience of people who have lived through desperate and difficult times in their lives. Hansu has his own way of survival which is quite heartbreaking. He is a character that goes from good to bad and kind of evil. It’s a challenging role, but it’s different and good.”

pachinko-lee-min-ho-17032022-5.webp

“Pachinko” will be released on March 25 on Apple TV+.

https://kbizoom.com/netizens-surprised-by-lee-min-hos-visuals-with-messy-long-hair-at-pachinko-premiere-in-la/

• Like 5

https://variety.com/2022/scene/news/lee-minho-minha-kim-pachinko-premiere-1235208632/

‘Pachinko’ Creators and Stars on Navigating Lee Minho’s ‘Orbit,’ and Spotlighting Women as ‘the Backbone of History’

pachinko-cast.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

By Angelique Jackson

Korean superstar Lee Minho sent camera flashbulbs into a frenzy on Wednesday night at the premiere of his new Apple TV Plus series “Pachinko” at the Academy Museum in Los Angeles.

Based on the bestselling book by Min Jin Lee, “Pachinko” chronicles a Korean immigrant family across four generations, with its story centered around matriarch Sunja, played by newcomers Yu-na Jeon and Minha Kim, as well as Oscar-winner Yuh-Jung Youn. Lee plays Hansu, whose romance with Sunja changes the course of both their lives.

Despite his lengthy resume, and his worldwide celebrity, Lee Minho actively pursued the producers behind the show and auditioned for the role. On the red carpet, the actor explained why he simply had to be part of the show.

“First of all, the story was powerful. I loved it,” he told Variety. “I could really relate to the strength and resilience of the people who had to live those desperate and difficult times. And my character Hansu has his own way of survival, which is quite heartbreaking.”

Lee noted that the character is “much darker” than his previous roles: “Everyone has some kind of good and evil inside them, but Hansu is a character that goes from good to kind of bad or evil. It’s challenging, but it was different and good.”

Executive producer Michael Ellenberg sang the actor’s praises, noting that Lee gave the character “a depth and a texture that we didn’t know we could have,” especially in a dramatic episode where audiences learn about Hansu’s origins.

“He’s such an incredible star and such incredible actor, and he really saw this opportunity to show sides of himself that audiences hadn’t seen before. So he chased us; he fought hard for it … he was so brave in putting himself out there.”

Kogonada, who both served as an executive producer and split directing duties with Justin Chon, also weighed in on the Lee Minho factor.

“I mean, he’s an orbit, right?” Kogonada mused. “But what was so lovely about him is how committed he was to this particular role, and how undistracted he was because there was always fans from afar screaming his name.”

Yet, the filmmaker explained, “[Lee] cared so deeply about this role and about this project, he was so focused on the details of every scene. It’s always remarkable when someone is a universe in and of themselves, but they are also highly focused on the task at hand.”

But while Lee was up for the drama, he wasn’t as eager to groove to the music in the series’ opening credits sequence, which features the cast dancing in a pachinko parlor to “Let’s Live for Today,” by The Grass Roots.

“I wouldn’t really call it a dance,” Lee said, shyly, of his performance. “It was kind of like movement. My fans know that I’m a bad dancer.”

Writer, showrunner, creator and executive producer Soo Hugh confirmed his account of things.

“He refused to dance, yes. No matter what songs we played, no matter how we tried to get him up,” she said with a smile, adding that she was widely impressed by the dance talents of many in the cast, like Jin Ha (who just wrapped a run on Broadway as Aaron Burr in “Hamilton”; the actor plays Solomon, Sunja’s grandson), Soji Arai (Mozasu, Sunja’s son and Solomon’s father) and Minha Kim.

The cast is rounded out by Anna Sawai (Naomi), Eunchae Jung (Young Kyunghee), Inji Jeong (Yangjin), Kaho Minami (Etsuko), Steve Sanghyun Noh (Isak), Junwoo Han (Yoseb), Jimmi Simpson (Tom Andrews) and Yu-na Jeon (young Sunja).

Where much of the ensemble is made up of industry veterans, the epic series marks Minha Kim’s first major role. She was drawn to the part of teenage Sunja because of the character’s complex dynamics.

“[Sunja] has a lot of strengths in herself and is sometimes fragile, but she knows how to survive and she has all kinds of wisdom,” Kim observed. “I felt like I had to do this because it represents all the women around the world.”

Kim also reflected on sharing a character with Youn, whose iconic career spans 50 years, most recently celebrated by her historic best supporting actress win last year for “Minari.”

“I was so honored by having the opportunity to play the same role with her and to connect with her, so it was amazing,” she added.

Kogonada emphasized just how crucial it is to bring a perspective like Sunja’s to a wider audience.

“Sunja is constantly knocked down. She makes choices that have really incredible consequences, and you expect for her to shrivel,” he began, explaining the importance of showing those “turning point moments” and the aftermath of them throughout the show.

He continued: “Women are the backbone of families and history often overlooks these mothers, and grandmothers, and daughters, that we all know in our families that there are these sort of epic stories of these women who could not give up, who were just constantly persevering and resilient. Bringing that to life was a real pleasure and joy.”

Guests at the event included executive producers Theresa Kang-Lowe and Lindsey Springer, as well as industry notables like Zoe Chao, Greta Lee, Ashley Park, Ally Maki, Damon Lindelof and Natalie Portman.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

I thought LMH's dancing/"movement" was quite good.  That opening is very unexpected, at least for me.  This time next week, we'll all be talking about Pachinko! :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Tech help needed!  How does @Thong Thin find the US  IP addy so she can watch Pachinko via a vpn? 

• Like 1