Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

20 Best KDramas on Netflix Right Now

Vrinda BachchanVrinda Bachchan
Updated December 12, 2020

Whether you agree or not, Netflix has more or less captured the essence of the Korean film industry with an unlimited supply of Korean dramas, movies, and documentaries. Not only many of them are exclusive to Netflix, but most of them have so far been unheard of, due to reasons like them being limited releases or restricted for only Korean television, etc. The wait is apparently over and on Netflix US, there are more than 40 different Korean television dramas that can be binge-watched.

Like Korean movies, the Korean television industry has flourished over the years, with show makers venturing into various genres like crime, horror, etc. along with the usual comedies and teenage romance dramas, which continue to be the most popular genres in Korean television. Everyone knows that Netflix has a vast choice for K-dramas. However, not all viewers are aware of which ones are worth their time. So, we are here to help you. Here’s the list of really good Korean dramas on Netflix that are available to stream right now:

20. The Inheritors (2013)

the-best-k-dramas-that-feature-bitterswe

Kim Tan (Lee Min-Ho) and Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) meet in a chance encounter in Los Angeles, United States, and then again in Seoul, South Korea. Eun Sang’s mother is a housekeeper in Kim Tan’s family home and both Kim Tan and Eun Sang attend the same elite private school for the rich and the spoiled (Eun Sang is a scholarship kid, of course). They fall in love but are kept apart by the steep difference in their social classes. The show, even though exciting and energetic, falls victim to several common tropes and cliches of the older K-dramas that came before it. The highlight of the show is not the romance though, but the rivalry and the power struggle between Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin’s characters, who are childhood frenemies...

16. Boys Over Flowers (2009)

Bof.jpg

One of the most famous K-dramas of all time, ‘Boys Over Flowers’ is a rite of passage for all Korean drama initiates and a huge crowd-pleaser. A rich, spoilt, and entitled brat meets a poor and kind girl who refuses to bow down to him like the other students at his elite school do, and he is instantly smitten. But she likes his friend. Even though this drama is the king of stereotypical characters and cliche storylines (there is even a makeover paid for by the rich guy), it is still eminently watchable. With a peppy soundtrack that will burrow itself into your brains, this show is just plain oodles and oodles of fun. It does get a bit melodramatic and frankly, ridiculous, towards the end but you can ignore that...

7. The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

EW96ppFUcAACKy_.jpg

Now here’s a mind-bender that will leave you brimming with intrigue with each and every episode. From the pen of ace fantasy writer Kim Eun-sook, the story of ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ may be a bit too convoluted to make sense of right away, but it’s convoluted in the best possible way (any Christopher Nolan fans here?). The Emperor of the modern-day Kingdom of Corea, Lee Gon (played by a disarmingly good-looking Lee Min-ho), finds out that there is an alternate universe that can be accessed by using a magical flute that opens a doorway between the different worlds. He unwittingly crosses over to the modern-day Republic of Korea, where he falls in love with homicide detective Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun). Things get tricky when they realize that there are doppelgangers in each alternate reality and the murderous villain, Lee Gon’s evil uncle who wants the throne, is building himself an army of doppelgangers that he brought from the Republic of Korea to The Kingdom of Corea with the promise of a better life. While sometimes things may not make sense as they are happening (and that can get a bit frustrating), but trust me, it all comes together in the end in perfect clarity, and it is totally worth it. This drama is pretty high levels of epic...

https://www.thecinemaholic.com/netflix-korean-dramas/

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

So curious about LMH’s latest IG update. The atmosphere of the picture seems serious like drama set, it doesn’t seem like movielog. another surprise for Minoz? what if he is filming a new drama :lol: a Minoz can wish! :lollipop:

• Blob 4

4 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

A new Movielog soon? or something else.

we don’t know yet, probably movielog. But I also think something is coming up. We have to wait and see. He usually drops his movielog some time after his IG update. So it shouldn’t be far away from us. :)

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

22 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I really liked episode one!:).

Yay!  Like @leeminhosny said, the OSTs are really good--IMO, the best of any drama.  I bought a number of the songs from LOTBS.

The winner  of the final round of LOTBS quiz will be posted tomorrow!

Final poll of the year with Lmangla's blessing--favorite scenes from Faith!  

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

20 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Yay!  Like @leeminhosny said, the OSTs are really good--IMO, the best of any drama.  I bought a number of the songs from LOTBS.

Yes, am waiting for Faith poll 

:hooray:

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

As most of you know, I'm thinking of having an ultimate favorite scene from LMH's dramas (BOF-TKEM), should we include GB and BH?  I'm not sure there will be enough scenes from either GB or BH for a poll like the one Lmangla creates for us, but I suppose we could do a poll of sorts via these posts.  Thoughts?  

15 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Yes, am waiting for Faith poll 

It's coming @Thong Thin.  I'm trying to figure out what dates work best for all of us and how many choices.  PT was a choose 2; debating if the rest should allow for 3 choices.  If we include the movies, then possibly only 2.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

40 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I will have to check it out soon.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

PROMIZ Blog

Park Kkod Song, Team Manager of Holt Children's Welfare Association, 'With Love in Action'

Hello, PMZers!

I have a beautiful story to share.

This is an interview with Park Kkod Song E, the team manager of

Holt Children's Service!

As many of you know,

Holt's been working with PROMIZ for a long time.

It's a very reliable NGO!

Park Kkod Song E, team manager has helped PROMIZ a lot

from Milk Moustache Project, Thinkgul Market

to the COVID 19 donation.

She's the most detailed and kindest person for PROMIZ.

Let's hear from Ms. Park about her story.

Q: Tell us about your memorable experiences while working for children for a long time.

A: I want to talk about my relationship with PROMIZ without hesitation. In 2014, there was a small event where Lee Min Ho's fans gathered to support Holt babies and after that, they supported the children together with PROMIZ goods. In 2016, Lee Min Ho visited Holt and signed a sponsorship agreement, making him a bigger family for the babies. It was a place with the meaning of the PROMIZ of "We'll keep it together," and I vividly remember Lee Min Ho telling his story about sharing.

PROMIZ's sponsorship is not just a revenue donation. As you can see in "Milk Moustache," it is a project that we make together and a valuable task to spread sharing. Above all, it is worthwhile because it has sincerity and continuity.

EpK3I5FUwAElR9p?format=jpg&name=900x900

Q: I'm honored to hear that your activities with PROMIZ and PROMIZ's Muse Lee Min Ho are the most memorable. Please let us know if there is any way for Lee Min Ho's fans to practice their activities for the children around us.

A: Yes, there are a lot of families in crisis that have been in deeper trouble since COVID-19. Let me show you the opportunity to be happy through 'Sharing'. You can't change the world with one sponsor, but you can protect the world of a child. Listen to the story of a single mother and her baby.

Q: I hope this interview will bring more fruit to Holt, Ms. Park and PROMIZ. Lastly, please leave a message to the PMZers.

A: Around Lee Min Ho's birthday in June, his fans contact us for donation. Every year, they give Holt the donations that they collect. In the hope that you will make a pleasant donation as your heart flows, we have an interesting participatory campaign (Hands-on volunteer work). You will have a heartwarming experience in the cold winter.

https://blog.naver.com/pmz2014/222170623004

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

I have totally lost my mind.  I thought today was Tuesday and I forgot to post the results of the final LOTBS quiz.  

Drum roll please............  A 3 way tie between @madmad min , @Lindyloo421 and @Nikaa94!:cheers:.  Stay tuned next year for the start of the BOF quiz!

Faith poll--do we want Dec 20-23 or dec 28-30.  I'll connect with Lmangla to find out if she's available to create the poll for those dates.  

Update:  Lmangla said either set of dates is fine with her.  

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3