Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

7 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Nikaa94 No, I mean other than the infamous Hong Sisters - Hong Jung Eun and Hong Mi Ran, there is another set of Hong Sisters too. I believe they are Hong Jin Ah and Hong Ja Ram. Went to see their profile in AsianWiki, but doesn't look like they are active anymore.

Oh no, how many Hongs are there in SK? :joy: 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I would rather hear rumor of LMH work with PJE than Hongs. 10 times difference! 

OR...  Just lets wait!! I think LMH is reviewing offers and he may come back with a great movie script writer. :) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Oh. Right. Heretorant can be very persuasive haha. I was like you too, anti-sageuk then but watch it because of LMH. Ep1 - hmm ok but when Imja stabbed him in ep2, I'm like, "Yeah ok, it's staying for good" :lol:

There are two separate Hong Sisters :D

This is gonna sound strange but I use to hate anything from Joeson era saguek and the reason for that was the dress and custom of that era use to irk for no reasons so I usually use to avoid any show or movie set in that era and I use to watch everything pre-that era and I use to hate even more during the japanese colonial era. I use to love to watch everything set in Goryeo and Silla era's due to dressing codes from these era being more awesome and the era's before that but then that changed once I watched LOTBS I started to love the Joeson era dress-code and then I watched a movie called Monstrum set in Joeson era and my love for the joeson era just increased and Now I am comfortable with the Joeson era but I still dislike the colonial era pre-WW2. 

But admittingly tho they regressed in fashion sense from Goryeo/Silla eras ---> Joeson era due to the long dress and large hats but after watching LOTBS my opinion truly changed since LMH truly rocked that Joeson era fashion I was so impressed that he looked even better in Joeson then his modern character in LOTBS

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, scrawford said:

To be fair, i had @heretorant giving me the spills on Choi young's character and some people here happened to be re watching Faith, so i got a bit of spoiler unfortunately. However, i do enjoy choi young slowly but surely fall in love heheheh....i got giddy . He definitely is a well written character. 

You know, our luck...he is the next ML in Hong Sisters drama :joy:

*don't hate me

@happivirus

you haven't watch faith? I encourage you to give it a try. Saeguk is not my cup of tea at all, i have tried 3 times and i could never go pass episode 2, but the last time i tried, i power through and i am now on episode 10. One of the well written LMH character.

I was tempted to watch when we have our rewatch party during LMH military duty but somehow let it slip. Sageuk put me to sleep and the setup story involve slavery one way or another. For the love of LMH I gonna give it a try. Hope it is not too unbearable.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@Time loop My anti-sageuk was mainly stemmed from the over-acting/exaggerated acting from the actors. I think it's a must when actors do sageuk, especially when acting as those palace subjects. I've seen it in many Joseon sageuk — Jo Il Shin is the perfect example. Another one is torturing scenes. Last but not least, it's repetitive especially in Joseon era in terms of plot because it's mostly about how a king/prince fight against the clans - the Noron and Soron fractions etc.

Now I'm more used to it and realise not all sageuk are like that, and depends on the "genre" of the sageuk too. Fantasy sageuk will have less of scenarios above and they don't necessarily are based on stories in the palace/royal family. Now I do enjoy learning about Korean history through sageuk. My first Korean history started with Faith, hahahaha.

Fashion-wise, I'm ok with Goryeo and Joseon. What dramas are Silla based again? Was it Moon Lover? Hwarang?

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Lee Min Ho has nothing to proof to anyone for everything he has done and achieved and he could technically call it a career today and have already cemented a legacy and something to notice even if he wins Oscar his naysayers would say the same thing and it's personal for them and have always been that because if it was not they would have brought forward the truth. They are jealous and irked by his success which is the direct cause of all the dirt thrown his way because it comes from his success but his just at such LEVEL where he has nothing to proof to anyone he has landed years ago. He has ZERO to anyone in that matter because his already accomplished impossible 

13 hours ago, scrawford said:

True. everything you said 100%. He doesn't owe anybody anything. But, i would personally be happy if he ever get  Daesang or win best actor in Baeksang. It will cemented his status as Actor, and not just a popular Hallyu star. No one will argue his popularity or fame status, he is the most popular SK actor, he has the screen presence and charisma that no actor can match. many of his character are so iconic, we cannot imagine anyone but Him to play the character. 

But the argument against him is always in the realm of "acting" because he lacked that recognition when it comes to prestigious awards (I know that he got baeksang for best new actor). Again, this is just my personal wish for him.

13 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

There is no compulsory for anyone to win to be an accomplished actor because there is so many politics involved in award shows that a daesang has never been handed out fairly neither an oscar and has always been based on politics example he should have gotten daesang for city hunter .....

13 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Sorry for cutting your post @scrawford. I agree with everything you have written here. I feel the same way too. Because he is amazingly good looking, people look over his acting skills and simply state he has followers only cos of looks. But from my perspective, he is consistent in giving his best performances every single time.

But all said and done, he seems to be very happy whatever project he is taking on and brightens the whole set. But my wish for him is to shut the naysayers up somehow in his next project. 

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

It is true we want LMH to show others what we already know that he is not just a pretty face. 

@Aleumdaun said something which I agree, that we would not return to watch LMH again and again if we did not like his acting.  It is his acting that makes us watch a drama again and again.  Not just a pretty face. There are many pretty faces around.  I watch other popular actors dramas but once is enough. I don't feel the need to watch it again even though I enjoyed it and thought it was good.   Every time I re-watch a LMH drama, I  just enjoy his expressions, his acting, I see something new and interesting every time and appreciate his acting more and makes me want to watch it again. Just looks is not enough. I can just stare at a photograph to get satisfaction if it is just his looks.

I am re-watching Faith and love his smile, his frown, his exasperation, his fighting, his pain. His acting makes him seem like a real person that you sympathize and love. His fleeting looks at Imja and you see a man slowly falling in love without realizing it.  You get into his character deeply.   You experience his character and that makes him a good actor.  I feel like watching it again because it makes me feel happy watching his acting out a character.

It is true, there is a lot of politics in the awards, even in the academy awards, De Caprio was deprived of one for many years. Some won Daesang awards that don't deserve it IMO. Anywaym some award winners are hardly known outside of Korea and not gained fame or success. It would be nice if LMH could get both fame and awards but, I think fame is more important in this part of his life. They get paid more than award winners who do not bring in the crowds to the cinemas or dramas.

Even in SK, even though they claim to admire award winners, Daesang, etc. It is the blockbuster movie that they care more about, the movie that brings in huge profits is the one they remember or clamor about after all is said and done.

6 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I love it more when LMH plays characters who are mature and have other things to do other than being in love, CH, Faith and TKEM fall in this category in terms of the overall plot and characters. They were also more interesting and had more substance. At age 30+ it'd be nice that he goes for quality, maturity and wider variety/range moving forward.

Wow!  Just finished scanning 6 pages on my mobile.   My apology for cutting your posts  @Joanna Alfson @scrawford @Aleumdaun @CallieP @mademoisellesia and other contributors as well - I need them here so that I can later back-tracked to read and digest - this thread moves pretty fast.    Interesting to learn more about LMH-ssi,  his unfailing insight into characters, his struggles, and his immunerable power, ability, charm and traits of touching many hearts through his personality, projects, etc , especially being a top Hallyu star and a global celebrity in a "nasty" entertainment world.  Must be very tough on him - I salute his tenacity

Keep them coming --:Megathanks:

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Hi guys, long time lurker here. I've been watching k dramas since last year but during this quarantine, I just happened upon the heirs. It was ok for me but not the best show I've see. Then I watched lotbs and I loved lmh in it.However after completing tkem, I became completely obsessed with him and went looking for his other projects. I've finished watching city hunter and personal taste and have started faith because it was recommended by many people in the other thread. And oh my god. I'm on episode 15 and loving it so far. Choi young has to be my favorite lmh character after lee gon. The way he started changing after he met Eun Soon was so well done. And the scene where young is tracing her shadow is both gripping and sad. And the the way he got angry at the king's uncle, throwing the table at him, punching him and  pushing him against the wall, I'm loving angry choi young. Can't wait to watch the next episodes:D

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

17 hours ago, msdot said:

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!):  From the Doctor’s perspective, how long did she live in the earlier Goryeo period before going through the portal a final time to be reunited with Choi Young? 

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!): From the Doctor’s perspective, she lived in the earlier time period for about one year. From the same Q&A with the screenwriter on joonni.com and mentioned in a post on this thread on pg. 3284.

FYI - I'm going to post all the Q&A's on the Faith thread for anyone that wants to review them.

I just recently finished watching Faith. Now I can understand why so many people love Choi young, I fall for him too. :heart: His character developed very well, I fall in love with him a little by little and love him a lot towards the end. The romance story also feel so warm, even tho there was never any direct confession saying I Love you, but we know the couple love each other deeply.

I was wondering how long did Eun Soo spend in earlier Goryeo time, and only saw your Quiz @msdot and the answer, thanks now i know the answer hehe..

• Like 7
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Please tell me he will not even look at Hong Sisters' Script...no Hong Sisters...DO NOT MENTION HONG SISTERS....i will stop watching dramas....:bawling:

My issue with the hong sisters is because they are gothic and every thing has gothic styling from clothes to make-up and some others mentioned they tend to fade after few episodes and plotlines don't go anywhere 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Time loop My anti-sageuk was mainly stemmed from the over-acting/exaggerated acting from the actors. I think it's a must when actors do sageuk, especially when acting as those palace subjects. I've seen it in many Joseon sageuk — Jo Il Shin is the perfect example. Another one is torturing scenes. Last but not least, it's repetitive especially in Joseon era in terms of plot because it's mostly about how a king/prince fight against the clans - the Noron and Soron fractions etc.

Now I'm more used to it and realise not all sageuk are like that, and depends on the "genre" of the sageuk too. Fantasy sageuk will have less of scenarios above and they don't necessarily are based on stories in the palace/royal family. Now I do enjoy learning about Korean history through sageuk. My first Korean history started with Faith, hahahaha.

Fashion-wise, I'm ok with Goryeo and Joseon. What dramas are Silla based again? Was it Moon Lover? Hwarang?

Over-acting is always an occurance from time to time especially comedic settings in saguek but some of them do land well

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@mademoisellesia yes Hwarang but Moon Lover is Goryeo. Silla dynasty was known for its heavily decorated costumes and palaces. They were known to wear plenty of accessories. Thus, this dynasty is known as the glittery nation. Artistic set design in Silla period dramas are pleasing to the eyes. :blush:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Please tell me he will not even look at Hong Sisters' Script...no Hong Sisters...DO NOT MENTION HONG SISTERS....i will stop watching dramas....:bawling:

This new aren't about LMH just I saw Hong Sister news , I said it because they are popular writers

17 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Same!! Haha! 

Reveal hidden contents

There is something missing in theirs dramas, even the hit ones. They also create FL better than ML. ML in their dramas don't have well-written characters. Their dramas also get boring after a couple episodes. 

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly I don't mind LMH collaborate with PJE as long as she writes something totally different compared to her last work and don't use the same FL. She creates memorable male leads compared to Hong Sisters.  HJJ in LOTBS was well-written and I loved his character. 

I put this in spoiler because I know many might oppose. But again, my opinion doesn't matter. It is LMH who chooses what he wants. :D  Just shared my opinion about which writer is better for our boy :) 

I just like My Girlfriend is Gumiho from them and it hass been for 10 year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, willenette said:

@mademoisellesia yes Hwarang but Moon Lover is Goryeo. Silla dynasty was known for its heavily decorated costumes and palaces. They were known to wear plenty of accessories. Thus, this dynasty is known as the glittery nation. Artistic set design in Silla period dramas are pleasing to the eyes. :blush:

Silla predates Goryeo right?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@leeminhosny i did not mean to offend you.... I just thought it will be suicidal... and i will go to early grave if he the picky captain chooses Hong Sisters... anyway jokes apart , i think next project that LMH will do is with LOTBS and City Hunter director... having said so , I do think that we are gonna get any news of his new project before End 2020 or pre 2021...

No just this thread is going so fast and somebody may think "LMH thinks Hong sisters drama" no , just I said "Hong sisters prepare new drama"  So I explained it.:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

*** Maximus is back again on the headline! After appearing in TWICE's music video he made again a surprise appearance on Sehun's new concept photo for EXO promotions. Since his "debut" in LMH's drama, Maximus has been quite popular, huh although, he has been appearing in CFs then.....Such a lucky horse. hahaha - Not surprised besides, he seems easy for anyone to work together with. :blush:

1594338115787-0.jpg

Biased aside, he still looks good together with LMH, though.................. :heart:

1594338700201-0.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@leeminhosny i did not mean to offend you.... I just thought it will be suicidal... and i will go to early grave if he the picky captain chooses Hong Sisters... anyway jokes apart , i think next project that LMH will do is with LOTBS and City Hunter director... having said so , I do think that we are gonna get any news of his new project before End 2020 or pre 2021...

Hope not because that is to long time. I am thinking perhaps september latest.  I am thinking we will probably get a movie announcement first and would appreciate if we even get 2 movies annoucements followed by TKEM S2 or new Drama announcement a week later or 2. 

If he is casted in Hong Sisters drama my reaction

tenor.gif?itemid=17687668

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

19 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@Joanna Alfsonsame pinch sweety....  I will die literally... :D

26 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Hope not because that is to long time. I am thinking perhaps september latest.  I am thinking we will probably get a movie announcement first and would appreciate if we even get 2 movies annoucements followed by TKEM S2 or new Drama announcement a week later or 2. 

If he is casted in Hong Sisters drama my reaction

tenor.gif?itemid=17687668

Noooo!! LMH will not collaborate with Hong sisters!!:blush: why would he??

LMH has high standards and also very picky when it comes to choosing projects. Hong sisters' drama cannot meet up our Min Ho's standards and expectations!!:glasses: 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

even the PD for their new drama (WRWSK) is meh! I watched only 2 episode of WRWSK and found it cheesy and boring

There are many great movie script writers in SK (I don't know their name, i don't watch Korean movies a lot, the last movie i watched was "KJY Born in 1982".  LMH should work with a movie PD and movie writer. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Noooo!! LMH will not collaborate with Hong sisters!!:blush: why would he??

LMH has high standards and also very picky when it comes to choosing projects. Hong sisters' drama cannot meet up our Min Ho's standards and expectations!!:glasses: 

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

even the PD for their new drama (WRWSK) is meh! I watched only 2 episode of WRWSK and found it cheesy and boring

There are many great movie script writers in SK (I don't know their name, i don't watch Korean movies a lot, the last movie i watched was "KJY Born in 1982".  LMH should work with a movie PD and movie writer. 

But unfortunately they are among most popular writers in Korea , so we don't like them but their drama got high rating generally, LMH may think, we don't know.

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1