Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Just imagine walking into a cafe or restaurant and seeing LMH, Jung I Woo, Woo Do Hwan and Kim Bum sitting at a table!
would you:

1. Be so gobsmacked you just stare at them

2. Act cool but sneak peeks at them and try to get a photo
3. Go up to them and ask for autographs

4. Go up to them and congratulate LMH and Woo Do Hwan on TKEM and try to remember what drama the other two are in.

4. Ask if you can take a photo.
5. Respect privacy and do nothing.

Me - I think I would be so overcome I’d just sit and look at them!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Just imagine walking into a cafe or restaurant and seeing LMH, Jung I Woo, Woo Do Hwan and Kim Bum sitting at a table!
would you:

1. Be so gobsmacked you just stare at them

2. Act cool but sneak peeks at them and try to get a photo
3. Go up to them and ask for autographs

4. Go up to them and congratulate LMH and Woo Do Hwan on TKEM

4. Ask if you can take a photo.
5. Respect privacy and do nothing.

Me - I think I would be so overcome I’d just sit and look at them!

Lindyloo, it's #5 for me......Ever since when I see one I always act like this. I maybe a fan but not an obsessed one, though. hahaha - :blush:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

@Nikaa94

Thanks for tagging me. I've been reading excerpts of Faith just hours ago so definitely I would choose first Song Jina as the writer. 

Second would be Kim Eun Hee because my all time favorite is Signal. I don't know any of the actors when I watched it. I didn't even know who Kim Hye Soo is. But what truly impressed me was how the narrative was written to make the viewers immediately pulled in to the character who wasn't even in the present time line. Daebak. Unfortunately I no longer have the thirst to watch zombie themed stories so I didn't try her newest hit Kingdom. 

Other writers who I favor right now are the following:

Im Sang Yoon "Camellia Blooms" 

Park Hae Young "My Mister and Another Oh Hae Young" Both are healing dramas but totally different vibe. 

I really loved Encounter but the writer's others works I am not familiar with so not including this writer. 

I must say that no matter how brilliant the script is, if the PD decides to do it his way or the production crew is having budget problems, then the result would still be a mess. 

PD and Writer must be on equal terms or in agreement on how to flesh out the characters and make the story engaging and intriguing to pull in the viewers.

Some of the problems I have seen that made me drop the drama:

1)The plot sounds interesting on paper but came out flat upon watching. 

2) A really good writer makes you care not just for the main characters but for the supporting cast as well.

Which is why I voted for Camellia Blooms writer because every character was loved saved for the killer, of course. In fact I kept thinking that he was merely framed. ^_^

Example lets just assume your LMH and your chosing a drama? The question will be what type of drama do you seek? If you want something lowkey for exlusively local market you do a rom-com or makjang or something similar that is relatable to the local market but if you seek mass consumption you don't take dramas like that specifically dramas like Camellia blooms and My Mister and Another etc etc. All these dramas will not benefit him and will be counter-productive for him. I-fans don't share same tastes as the locals and specifically the mainstream I-fans and they are more into fantasy spectacles but if you give them a rom-com or makjang they will abandon ship and stop watching immediately. The key is to keep this mass audience in place and keep them occupied and look for an expansion of audience.

You have to rationalize the cons and pros and accordingly TKEM's pros outweigh. You have already a very wide ranch of audience in place and what you do is you concentrate on these audience just like how Netflix operates they see a hit they keep producing it and it's that simple.  

TKEM's main objective should be expanding in that horizone and put the focus there because there is demand. You always have to meet the demand

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

One of many reasons that the actors or actresses don't want to attend variety shows is afraid to affect their images. Like LKS in RM, when you're impressed his image in RM, you will be hard to connect him to a serious character. Every time you watch him in a drama or in a movie, you will think of his images in RM. He will need double efforts to eliminate his old images to let audience accept his character in the drama or movie.

I think the best for him is like to be a guest of PD Nah's show "Three Meals a Day".

But he is still too big to attend any variety show.  :happyshakes:

There is a show "Home Alone" and it has high rating, so many actors attend , Korea really love this show, so every actors earn sympathy from public who attend this show , they even have scandal previosly, Korea praises all of them after this show

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

@Wis dom

I am merely voicing my choices based on the poll and giving my reasons behind my selection. 

I know and understand that the majority are more in favor of dramas that have broader or international appeal. 

@Nikaa94

Brought up the subject on who we want LMH to work with. I have dropped so many dramas that I thought intrigued me during the beginning, but later made me emotionally disconnected. So I am merely voicing my own personal choices and gave it a really serious thought as to why those particular writers work resonated with me. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

AHahhaahah..... Yes, we need to play detective on his new project. 

I feel like both writer and PD are equally important, The writer determine the the story, character development and dialogue while PD is vital in presenting the Story telling. If we learn anything from TKEM, we also know how important editor is, so hopefully we also get a good editor, hehehe

I want him to do IG live so he can update us on what he is up to and yes, future project.

I understand after I watch so many dramas that PD is more important than writer, because PD can show more exciting drama it is even simple a story and some PD can show boring it is even exciting story  and I watch so many dramas that had simple story but PD shoot so well .Actually If couple is loved from public and if PD is good ,every drama can be watched without exciting story too.So firstly I select PD .I hope next drama's PD will be so good.

• Like 10

This is an insightful article highlighting the significance of international success

What Korea did right: A Gong Yoo or Lee Min-ho didn’t happen overnight

Hallyu wasn’t created by government, contrary to belief. What strategy makes global audience buy K-Pop, K-drama?

Read more: https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/362046/what-korea-did-right-a-gong-yoo-or-lee-min-ho-didnt-happen-overnight/#ixzz6QefQsQTy

-----------------------------------------

Just want to emphasize this portion of the article

In the last few years, innovations in the production and distribution of Hallyu content, aided by numerous technologies, have enhanced and extended Hallyu’s perceived life span. Various sectors have employed these technologies to achieve exposure at an even greater level, and a more global strategy that made audiences eager to consume more K-pop and K-drama. These innovations spilled over to other aspects of Korean culture, such as traditional and modern-day clothing, language and food.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

Koreans approach filmmaking as integrated in their educational curriculums  and is often supported by government as they recognize it as one of their biggest exports. also it is good to note that for their scriptwriters and prod team, salaries are also higher compared to other asian counterparts. they value not just the actors but also the production crew. they also "green light" or help finance  projects that are promising but may otherwise need funding. :) 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

So, ye you're cruel - overworking him - hahaha - BTW, are you rooting/shipping him for someone, just curious LOL :D

Yes, I’m so cruel :sweatingbullets: I realize I’m asking for a bit too much lol. 

Hahaha, did I make myself obvious? I ship him with his latest costar —> kge. I can’t help it when they have so much fun together bts. It makes my heart flutter lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

48 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

@Wis dom

I am merely voicing my choices based on the poll and giving my reasons behind my selection. 

I know and understand that the majority are more in favor of dramas that have broader or international appeal. 

If you look at his career where his at right now it's more like ''The expansion pace'' This is what he needs currently just to expand but if he goes back to do Rom-com or makjang it will unbalance his career trajectory. It's possible to conquer the world with TKEM. I don't think it's at Money Heist level yet but not far off either with 1 or 2 more seasons it will be there becoming one of the biggest in-house Netflix productions. It's on the right path

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

If you look at his career where his at right now it's more like ''The expansion pace'' This is what he needs currently just to expand but if he goes back to do Rom-com or makjang it will unbalance his career trajectory. It's possible to conquer the world with TKEM. I don't think it's at Money Heist level yet but not far off either with 1 or 2 more seasons it will be there becoming one of the biggest in-house Netflix productions. It's on the right path

Lets re-do TKEM and bring his babymama KGE. She is an amazing actress and great dancing partner. My choice will be KGE everyday of every week. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

There is a show "Home Alone" and it has high rating, so many actors attend , Korea really love this show, so every actors earn sympathy from public who attend this show , they even have scandal previosly, Korea praises all of them after this show

I think our bb will never let his home be public.

The King OST :

dd97c56bly1gg4n8zhgslj23402c0e83.jpg

dd97c56bly1gg4n8yghbbj233t1mc4qr.jpg

dd97c56bly1gg4n992apoj23402c0u0y.jpg

Spoiler

dd97c56bly1gg4n97pcvhj23402c04qq.jpg

dd97c56bly1gg4n95siu6j23402c07wj.jpg

dd97c56bly1gg4n91krltj23402c07wj.jpg

dd97c56bly1gg4n92io1jj23402c0npe.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

Hi everyone, ive just signed up to this site but i am a fan of lee minho for quite some time now and have been lurking on this thread occasionally. 

@CarolynH  mentioend she wants to see Lmh in a variety show. Well, thats my wish too. I dnt know f we are watching the same show on netflix but i binged their new original travel variety show called Twogether and i enjoy it alot. I sometimes picture lmh being on the show and imagined what he'll do. Also i think i read here that lmh mentioned he likes Na Pd's shows? I like them too. Lmh is cheerful, funny and witty but i can also understand f he choose not to appear on VS tho. I really want him in one but i also dont want him to feel so burdened in that different field. 

As for his next project i am conflicted. I want a series bcs we get to see him a lot more but at the same time i want him to do a movie. There are so many things that can done in a movie(like roles,topics, etc) than in a series. Like what others said i think better a netflix original bcs of the covid situation. I dont watch a lot of kdramas so im not very familiar with those writers or pds and how they work so i trust u guys and be so happy if he choose a project with your preferred peopleB)

All in all i really miss him and just want to see him again be it new Cf, drama, movie, interviews, sns updates, ANYTHING!!!! I will support him no matter what he do next:D

• Like 4
  • Love 6

On 6/27/2020 at 8:40 PM, msdot said:

Think you know the story of LMH’s series, “Faith”? Since many of us are watching or re-watching Faith, here’s a few questions we’re trying out as part of our first quizz on LMH’s different series.

1. As the series begins, Choi Young is the Commander of the Woodalchi, the Goryeo king’s personal guards. What position had he held before joining the Woodalchi?

2.  Who goes to heaven’s portal and orders Choi Young to stop the High Doctor from leaving (and returning to her own time)?

3.    What memento does Choi Young carry with him through the first part of the series, and where does he keep it?

If you’re stumped, I’ll publish the answers and what episodes they’re from in a few days. If you like these, we’ll post more on questions on Faith and then move on to other LMH series, so let us know. Thanks!

1. Before joining Woo Dal Chi, Choi Young was with Jae Gol Dae as 2nd in command, reporting to his Master. He also heads one of the 3 teams . He took over the reins of Jae Gol Dae upon the death of his Master

2. The King's Advisor. I think he was Jo Shin? Not sure of the name of character or character BUT he was the same actor who was LMH's annoying teacher in Mackerel Run!

3. 1st part - the Jae Gol Dae scarf of his late sweetheart which he kept tied in his sword.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I have to get this off my chest so what better way than to vent to it out here :D

——

Last night, my sis and I literally had an disagreement between one of her favorite actor and mine, LMH. Everyone who watches kdramas in my family knows LMH is one of my favorite Oppas. 

So I was discussing the backlash of TKEM and LMH with my sis and what people were saying about him which were frustrating me. She then makes this comment “I don’t ever compare (her favorite with mine) but in terms of pulling off the “seriousness” look, LMH can’t pull it off.” 

I looked at her like this:

tenor.gif

:what!:

Then said: “Whoaa!! Wait up! And exactly which drama did you watch of his that he couldn’t pull of the seriousness look???”

Her response: “A little bit of Heirs. A little bit of Faith. A little bit of TKEM.” 

My response: “YOU BIAS!!” 

:fiercebunny:

She looks at me, all confused and laughs, “How am I being bias?”

“Gee, let’s see. You say he can’t pull it off better than your favorite. But it’s because you only watched a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and never the whole damn drama.”

:bunnywar:

She goes quiet for a moment then says: “I am not going to continue this with you.”

ME to her:

tenor.gif

——

I was ready to listen to my sister’s reasons but when I actually heard it, I realize why people dislike LMH at first glance.

:onfirex:

I can accept it if LMH isn’t a favorite of everyone. But at least give him a fair chance before judging his skills and talents <_<

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Thank you to @Heretorant, @yuiy78 and @mychoiyoung for giving correct answers to our initial Faith Q&A! You guys rock! I'll post more Faith questions  tomorrow.

Here are the questions and answers, along with the episode where the answers could be found:

1.     Q:  As the series begins, Choi Young is the Commander of the Woodalchi, the Goryeo King’s personal guard. What position had he held before joining the Woodalchi? 

A:  He was the youngest leader of the Red Crescent Moon Army after his master was killed. Episode 1

2.     Q:  Who goes to heaven’s portal and orders Choi Young to stop the High Doctor from leaving?

A:  The King’s principal advisor, Jo Il-shin, by order of the King. Episode 2. 

3.     Q:  What memento does Choi Young carry with him through the first part of the series, and where does he keep it?

A:   A bandana with a red crescent moon sewn on it. It belonged to May Hee, his first love. He kept it wrapped around the hilt of his sword for seven years, until he fell in love with the Doctor from Heaven. Episode 11.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome @Hohoho to the LMH thread!  And yes, the variety show I'm watching is Twogether.  I'm only on ep 3.  From this show, I'm getting to know LSG (he is pretty athletic) and Jasper Liu (I think I've heard his name, but haven't seen him in anything)  I think non LMH will see who he really is by doing a variety-type show.   I remember a positive comment in the Guerilla Date interview that read that LMH is so different than his characters in his dramas.  

------------

@Nikka94:  I can't remember the names on your list of writers a couple pages back, but my choices would be the writer of one of the followings dramas:  Misaeng, My Dear Friends, Sky Castle, My Mister, Forest of Secrets.  Those are also the best dramas, IMO.  

-------------

I'm still thinking about the pole dancing emoji and I went to bed thinking of

-History of pole dancing with LMH

-Pole dancing workout with LMH, featuring his long useless legs lol

:poledance:Don't blame me--blame SOOMPI for adding this emoji!

------------

Love the Nigerian men!  so funny.  I wish LMH would reply with a witty IG post.  Maybe a photo of what he looks like when he wakes up--maybe no-we'd still go crazy, right?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1