Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

13 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Lmao.. @madmad min is that you? I just came across an article written 4 hours ago talking about ''Legend of the blue sea'' season 2. Really

“Legend of the Blue Sea Season 2”: “Shin Hye-sun” as “Cha Shi-ah” will return in the upcoming season!

It’s needless to mention that South Korean dramas have acquired immense popularity globally within a short period. “Legend of the Blue Sea,” starring Jun Ji-Hyun and Lee Min-ho is a Korean drama that managed to make a room in our heart, with its amazing performances and creativity.

T

Dear LORD !! I so DO NOT WANT LOTBS S2 as much As I love it, Unless I have a Korean Version of Xianxia for this (Somewhat Like C drama Starry Night and Starry Sea) , I am Good with the OG.

I have read ao many articles for s2 and bleh Bluh , PJE never has enough fleshy material for a Proper S1 let alone a Sequel to anything.

:hotinhere2:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 4

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Welcome @Hohoho to the LMH thread!  And yes, the variety show I'm watching is Twogether.  I'm only on ep 3.  From this show, I'm getting to know LSG (he is pretty athletic) and Jasper Liu (I think I've heard his name, but haven't seen him in anything)  I think non LMH will see who he really is by doing a variety-type show.   I remember a positive comment in the Guerilla Date interview that read that LMH is so different than his characters in his dramas.  

------------

@Nikka94:  I can't remember the names on your list of writers a couple pages back, but my choices would be the writer of one of the followings dramas:  Misaeng, My Dear Friends, Sky Castle, My Mister, Forest of Secrets.  Those are also the best dramas, IMO.  

-------------

I'm still thinking about the pole dancing emoji and I went to bed thinking of

-History of pole dancing with LMH

-Pole dancing workout with LMH, featuring his long useless legs lol

:poledance:Don't blame me--blame SOOMPI for adding this emoji!

------------

Love the Nigerian men!  so funny.  I wish LMH would reply with a witty IG post.  Maybe a photo of what he looks like when he wakes up--maybe no-we'd still go crazy, right?

@CarolynH  Thank you for participating in the discussion. :) 

1) I haven't watched Misaeng, I don't have comment 

2) Dear my friends, it is from No Hee Kyung writer. I liked her drama  "That winter the wind blows" to some extent. The writer is good but she doesn't focus much on romance and I don't think any of her dramas (maybe except TWTB) have popular OTP in SK and globally  and she doesn't seem to be interested in Hallyu stars. Her dramas are meaningful and deep with touch of psychology. I think it will be nice if LMH tries to work her  in a deep and meaningful romance because her dramas have layers of depth. But the question is, do we, as LMH's fans, want his next drama to be strongly romance oriented with dazzling chemistry and OTP over the moon? Like winning couple awards and causing buzz in SK? Because this writer doesn't seem to care much about those stuff.

I personally want LMH's next drama be 1)different 2)definitely have romance because LMH has this romantic face that works wonders 3) Great chemistry and OTP loved by General Public of SK 4) NOT shallow and silly romance comedy, something deep and more complex in terms of feelings 5) Have touch of melo and have touch darkness but not too dark (Too dark will be nice for LMH's next movie, MO) 

The writer seems perfect for the description above except that if will be nice if she will create a stronger romance and create popular OTP in SK and globally (But again that is MO, other Minoz and even LMH may have different taste) 

3) Sky castle was dark, meaningful, and exciting: We all talked about this before that it will be nice if LMH's next work will be darker and less comedy? This writer seems good BUT sky castle had a lot of characters, which I don't want for LMH anymore. It will be nice if she creates a dark and exciting story with 4-5 characters max.

4) My mister: IU? I haven't watched it but I checked and saw they won a lot of awards, Can you elaborate more and tell me what you liked about it? I'm curious to know :)

5) Forest of Secrets: I haven't watched it but heard the name, exciting story? mystery?  

For LMH's next work: No comedy, Darker, mysterious, deep romance, some action? :D

4 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

1-Encounter, entertainer) - Awful

Kim Eun Hee (Signal, Kingdom) I want this writer but If I don't remember wrong she said she can't write romance , I like Signal so much but for LMH I want romance too like City Hunter, If he select mixed action, mstery, romance it is better :lol: and They offered JJH and Ju Ji Hoon for Kim Eun Hee's next drama

12-And these are good ,that winter the wind blows, It's Ok, That's love, this writer can be better for us :lol: They aren't my favourite actors but I liked It's Ok, That's love, it is interesting, I checked and unfortunatelly she has new drama:tears: http://asianwiki.com/Here_(Korean_Drama) but it is in 2020 maybe she  will write a drama for 2021 

8-Song Jae-Jung (W, Memories of Alahmbra, Nine: 9 Times Time Travel)- good

9- Jin Soo-Wan (Chicago typewriter, Kill me Heal Me)- good

I think best writer for next drama 12- No Hee-Kyung :approves:

Thank you for you answers :))

1) :joy: ok!  Lets omit her! 

2)  Kim Eun Hee: Yes, we all agree with her. I also want Romance too!!! I totally agree that if she writes romance-Mystery-action for LMH, it will be awesome!!! :) You know, I don't know how any writer would resist Not giving LMH some romance. lol :D  His face alone is romantic. His eyes are too deep and honey TO NOT be used for romantic and deep expressions. 

8) She is good, but her dramas are fantasy. TKEM was fantasy, it will be nice if he works with her maybe some years from now

9) Yes, I chose 9 too! :D  I liked Kill Me Heal Me, 

10)  Noo Hee Kyung (That winter the wind blows), She is veryyy experienced and can be trusted. Her dramas are deep and meaningful, I talked about it in the above when I quoted CarolynH. Her dramas have a lot of characters though, it will be refreshing and good for her too if she modified her style a little bit by casting smaller group of actors and also center her story more on the male and female lead. As a change, it will be good for her too to work with a Hallyu star and make her drama globally popular. 

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I vote for 3, 5, 6, 8

3- Jung Hyun-Jung :  I liked Romance is a bonus book a lot. It was very well-directed and also deep. I think she is good at making romance. 

5- One of LMH's best character was the one in Faith and I agree she is good. She doesn't seem to be active thoug. Maybe she is working on her new drama? :D

6- Agree with SKY castle writer, I chose her too, her drama has both darkness and excitement with meaningful story. Dark genre will be a change for LMH too

8-  Her style is fantasy, maybe some years from now LMH can work with her, because TKEM was fantasy. 

Thank you for your answers :) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

@Time loop what is this web site? This is so meaningless, it can't be true

I thought it was a practical joke myself I had to re-read it again and again to verify what I was reading was real. The person who wrote it is definitely an avid Kdrama fan not that much into it 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Time loop said:

I thought it was a practical joke myself I had to re-read it again and again to verify what I was reading was real. The person who wrote is definitely an avid Kdrama fan not that much into it 

Still meaningless , it doesn't make sense

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

I AM SHOOK!!!!  I need to drink water... What???  LOTBS S2?? :hushed:

Cha Siaaaa!! what? what is happening?

Meaningless!! 

Is this the news we were looking forward to discuss about it? LOL 

No news of interview, Magazine, Movies, Drama, IG update BUT we get NEWS of LOTBS S2??   rEEEllyyy?  :joy:

• LOL 7

Thank you for tagging @Nikaa94

i have enjoyed the dramas of 3) Noh Hee Kyung from Worlds Within (Song Hye Kyo and Hyun Bin) and it’s Okay that’s love (Gong Hyo Jin and Jo In Sung), TWtWb adaptation (Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo)

loved IOTL, realistic  and cried buckets in that drama. Her dramas are more realistic and cerebral.

But I have to admit  I would Love to see the 2) Hong Sisters but im afraid they can be a hit and miss. Although I liked the Masters Sun, Gumiho, greatest love and the rest! Stress free, light dramas where I don’t have to analyze as much and just watch and enjoy

1) Kim Eun hee: phantom was a good drama, with So Ji Sub in the lead! Signal when it came out there was a lot of buzz and critics loved it, plus esteemed actress Kim Hye Soo was attached to the drama giving it more credibility. I remember TVN (Cable) was getting hit after hit, because it was more “Indie” or if not indie gearing towards “mainstream Hollywood” and not the usual drama tropes produced by SBS,KBS. That year tvn just kept on churning good dramas (reply 1988, Signal, Cheese in the Trap, Another Miss Oh, etc) Tvn started it then Chicago typewriter  came in and the rest was history. And look at the success of Kingdom in Netflix, so would also be good if this was also considered. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Some fans speculated S2 after Heirs too and so many poor quality web portal reported these as news, I don't take serious irrational news 

Imagine KES announces her come back drama "The Heirs 2" with LMH-PSH!   so what can be the story?

Story begins 7 years after ... A lot happened but we don't know what.. Kim Tan and En Sung got separated due to some issues. They are now 25 years old with new problems.. Kim tan has New burden on his shoulder and has to withstand the crown he wants to wear.. Eun Sang's sister comes back from USA and brings trouble for her ...Eun Sang's mom passes away... Rachel and  Kim Woo bin start new romance... Tan and Eun Sang's youthful romance transitions into some complex and dark story ...:open_mouth:

How do you like my story? :D  JUST FOR FUN!! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

16 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

1-Yoo Young-A (Movie: Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982, On your wedding day, because I love you, Drama: Encounter, entertainer) 

2- Im Sang-Choon  (Fight for my way, when camellia blooms)

3- Jung Hyun-Jung (Romance is a bonus book, Five Enough, Discovery of Love, I need romance 3)  

4- Jo Gwang-Jin (itaewoon class)

5- Song Ji-Na  (Faith, Healer)

6- Yoo Hyun-Mi (SKY castle)

7- Jang Young-Cheol (Vagabond, empress Ki, History of salary man)

8- Song Jae-Jung (W, Memories of Alahmbra, Nine: 9 Times Time Travel)

9- Jin Soo-Wan (Chicago typewriter, Kill me Heal Me)

10- Park Hae-Young (My Mister, another Miss oh)

11 Kim Eun Hee (Signal, Kingdom) 

12- No Hee-Kyung  (Here (new), Live, Dear my friends, that winter the wind blows, It's Ok, That's love)

13- Kim Eun (Something in the rain)

14- JOO Hyun (The world of the married, Revolutionary Love)

1) I have never seen her work but I like the idea of a movie/drama that goes against the grain. I tell you, Gong Yoo certainly earned my respect for taking on the role in Kim Ji-Young. It’s a risky move but I’m up for it.

2) Have I said I love Camellia Blooms? 

Btw, I forgot who said this in the chat room the other day but Camellia Blooms is NOT makjang lol. It’s one of the most heart warming stories I’ve ever watched. By the end of the drama, I noticed that I cared for each and every character and loved the entire village. It was thrilling, hilarious and sweet. In my opinion, every minute of it was enjoyable. :D 

3) Unpopular opinion: Bonus Book is boring. I watch all of ljs’s dramas and bonus book was my least favorite. 

4) Itaewon Class had so so so much potential. The first four episodes were solid! But the show fell flat the rest of the way. The whole story was loosely held together. There was not enough character or plot development. Things jumped around and in the end, I walked away wondering, “wait, nothing actually happened.”

5) Rewatching Faith and remembering that I loved Healer makes me want a reunion. She writes good characters and interesting stories. But I’m afraid what happened with Faith scarred both the writer and actor and a reunion is unlikely. 

6) I have not watched Sky Castle but I heard it’s good. I can’t judge. 

7) I was not impressed with vagabond.

8) A definite NO for me. I want lmh to stay away from fantasy for now. The only drama I liked from her was Nine. 

9) I liked Kill Me Heal Me. 

10) I heard My Mister was really good. Another Miss Oh was a fun watch but not memorable. And I think ML wasn’t as strong as FL.

11) I approve (even though season 2 of Kingdom disappointed me)

12) She writes heavier scripts. But she has a way of writing strong ML! I approve!

13) Never watched her work.

14) I didn’t watch World of the Married but I heard it’s good. Of course, who here didn’t hear it was good? TKEM fans heard it every week lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Imagine KES announces her come back drama "The Heirs 2" with LMH-PSH!   so what can be the story?

Story begins 7 years after ... A lot happened but we don't know what.. Kim Tan and En Sung got separated due to some issues. They are now 25 years old with new problems.. Kim tan has New burden on his shoulder and has to withstand the crown he wants to wear.. Eun Sang's sister comes back from USA and brings trouble for her ...Eun Sang's mom passes away... Rachel and  Kim Woo bin start new romance... Tan and Eun Sang's youthful romance transitions into some complex and dark story ...:open_mouth:

Heirs S2's chance even is more than LOBS :lol:

• LOL 4

11 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Story begins 7 years after ... A lot happened but we don't know what.. Kim Tan and En Sung got separated due to some issues. They are now 25 years old with new problems.. Kim tan has New burden on his shoulder and has to withstand the crown he wants to wear.. Eun Sang's sister comes back from USA and brings trouble for her ...Eun Sang's mom passes away... Rachel and  Kim Woo bin start new romance... Tan and Eun Sang's youthful romance transitions into some complex and dark story ...

7 years is just to long time. There is a window where season 2 is acceptable and if that window closes then the train left. There is no way possible Heirs could have continued due to shortage of material it was a one season thing.

20 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Some fans speculated S2 after Heirs too and so many poor quality web portal reported these as news, I don't take serious irrational news 

You have to strike the iron while it's hot and this is my thinking regarding TKEM S2 and I geninuely feel like this is it. We are finally here where both KES and LMHxKGE commit to this for atleast 2 more seasons. I just feel like it would be such a missed opportunity if they were to move on

• Like 3

LOL Really I'm speechless, Knetz and K-media killed TKEM without wait even EP4 and They said rating is rising after Ep3 , 77973826M  title of article  were just about rating but currently a drama is same ,titles of articles "attack views, warms views etc" They wrote for title TKEM's lowest rating but now they write highest moment rating not avarage rating ..................

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

1) I haven't watched Misaeng, I don't have comment 

Oh, a must watch Nikaa!  It's a little old, but very good.  It's been a long time since I watched it, but I think only the ending was meh, for me.  Otherwise, one of the best.

40 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Sky castle was dark, meaningful, and exciting: We all talked about this before that it will be nice if LMH's next work will be darker and less comedy? This writer seems good BUT sky castle had a lot of characters, which I don't want for LMH anymore. It will be nice if she creates a dark and exciting story with 4-5 characters max.

It depends, for me, if we're going for ratings.  It seems ensembles seem to do well, Hospital Playlist for example.

42 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Forest of Secrets: I haven't watched it but heard the name, exciting story? mystery?  

Season 2 is coming out soon.  When we first heard TKEM was scheduled for July, I saw it would have been up against FOS.  That got me worried, because I know a lot of people, including myself, liked FOS.  I'd have to watch both.  I think they just finished filming, so it may get pushed back in the schedule.  The leads were great.  No real romance, but great chemistry between the leads.  It is a mystery.  Leads are a prosecutor and detective.  

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Lee Min Jung is my favourite while I was watching BOF,

That was the gf chosen by President Kang for GJP?  Then, yes, she would look good with LMH.  But, I haven't seen her in anything since BOF.  I also like the actress who portray GJP's sister.  But, maybe the audience would associate her as the sister in BOF and start complaining that they look more like brother sister.  I do like the idea of a LMH character being "tamed" by a woman.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i just need to say that since you are discusing his next project  i hope he doesn't chose it based on writers but rather on the story itself and the script even if the writer  hasnt had a hit before. cause al. the writers who are famous right now werent good from the start.

although i liked TKEM but still KES did disappoint me in some aspects (you wouldn't think that she's the one who wrote Mr. sunshine)

i just dont want our boy to fall in the same mistake once again

• Like 4
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Maybe Kim Tan break up CES and he loved Rachel so you can give us new drama with Kim Ji Won:lol:

• LOL 5

24 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

14) I didn’t watch World of the Married but I heard it’s good. Of course, who here didn’t hear it was good? TKEM fans heard it every week lol. 

Yes we did hear it every week :lol::lol: it was a mini “ouch” moment for me I must admit! In anticipation of a drama where there was a countdown every month for TKEM till D Day then TWOM comes in! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

That was the gf chosen by President Kang for GJP?  Then, yes, she would look good with LMH.  But, I haven't seen her in anything since BOF.  I also like the actress who portray GJP's sister.  But, maybe the audience would associate her as the sister in BOF and start complaining that they look more like brother sister.  I do like the idea of a LMH character being "tamed" by a woman.  

Lee Min Jung is currently married woman so she doesn't match with LMH :lol: and I liked GJP's noona but she looks little old now so she doesn't match with him :lol:

• LOL 2

37 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

1) I have never seen her work but I like the idea of a movie/drama that goes against the grain. I tell you, Gong Yoo certainly earned my respect for taking on the role in Kim Ji-Young. It’s a risky move but I’m up for it.

2) Have I said I love Camellia Blooms? 

Btw, I forgot who said this in the chat room the other day but Camellia Blooms is NOT makjang lol. It’s one of the most heart warming stories I’ve ever watched. By the end of the drama, I noticed that I cared for each and every character and loved the entire village. It was thrilling, hilarious and sweet. In my opinion, every minute of it was enjoyable. :D 

3) Unpopular opinion: Bonus Book is boring. I watch all of ljs’s dramas and bonus book was my least favorite. 

4) Itaewon Class had so so so much potential. The first four episodes were solid! But the show fell flat the rest of the way. The whole story was loosely held together. There was not enough character or plot development. Things jumped around and in the end, I walked away wondering, “wait, nothing actually happened.”

5) Rewatching Faith and remembering that I loved Healer makes me want a reunion. She writes good characters and interesting stories. But I’m afraid what happened with Faith scarred both the writer and actor and a reunion is unlikely. 

6) I have not watched Sky Castle but I heard it’s good. I can’t judge. 

7) I was not impressed with vagabond.

8) A definite NO for me. I want lmh to stay away from fantasy for now. The only drama I liked from her was Nine. 

9) I liked Kill Me Heal Me. 

10) I heard My Mister was really good. Another Miss Oh was a fun watch but not memorable. And I think ML wasn’t as strong as FL.

11) I approve (even though season 2 of Kingdom disappointed me)

12) She writes heavier scripts. But she has a way of writing strong ML! I approve!

13) Never watched her work.

1)I watched born 1982 and I liked acting of the leads a lot. Especially Jun Yoo Mi's acting. she is very talented and veteran in movie industry. I always thought it will be nice if LMH and her act in a movie. 

2) yes, we know it! :)   Agree Camellia is NOT Makjang!! No way!! 

3) it may not be unpopular. Drama was kinda boring, not the type you would want to watch again

4) didn't know about this, I haven't watched. Just heard about it. 

5) Agree with this! I don't think she will contact LMH, LMH is now even more of a big name. LMH is a conservative and cautious person when it comes to work, I doubt he will work with her.

6) I also think this way.. It is true the writer wrote SKY castle and became hit but we don't know if her next drama will be good too. You know Korean writers mess a lot here and there! Never guarantee!! 

7) No comment, I just wrote her name there :joy:

8) Agreee!! TKEM was fantasy!! No fantasy for next project!!

9) Same I also said I liked Kill Me Heal Me--> she seems like a good choice and don't have any project yet

10) didn't watch it LOL

11) she is good, do we have to wait until 2021? 2022? God, no!

12)  Yes, other Minoz here like @leeminhosny and @CarolynH and @Joojix chose her too!! She is good writer. But I hope she won't choose a lot of characters and focus more on ML and give us some deep and dark romance AND also make OTP locally and internationally popular. She doesn't seem to care about this though! ( I think winning best couple award and making big shipper fan base is good for actors' profile:joy:) I think her goal in making drama is different from other writers. But it will be a Good change for LMH because the writer doesn't put emphasis on rich ML and we want LMH to shed that image of Heirs and BOF.   By the way, this writer doesn't bring much ratings like 20%. I want 30% rating for LMH's next project. Am I greedy? :joy: Give me a writer with out of this world script and Godly ratings! :D 

14)  LMAO!!! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, lupeace said:

i just need to say that since you are discusing his next project  i hope he doesn't chose it based on writers but rather on the story itself and the script even if the writer  hasnt had a hit before. cause al. the writers who are famous right now werent good from the start.

although i liked TKEM but still KES did disappoint me in some aspects (you wouldn't think that she's the one who wrote Mr. sunshine)

i just dont want our boy to fall in the same mistake once again

To be fair to lmh, TKEM was such a fascinating story! I would have been intrigued by it too. Hit writer, interesting story, why not? He’s not to blame. If anyone should be blamed, it’s the writer or director. It‘s out his hands. He has to decide after reading only 1-4 episodes of the script. The rest is having faith the writer will develop the story beautifully. 

But I agree that he should stay away from writer Kim, the Hong sisters and writer Park. Unless writer Kim wants to write another critically acclaimed script, I don’t want him to collaborate with her again. The Hong Sisters are quite repetitive with their recycling of ghost stories and I am easily scared, so no to them. Writer park is the worst of the three. Her stories are shallow and lacks build up. I’ll give it to all three of them though, I generally enjoy their dramas when I watch it. But unfortunately, I never walk away loving it entirely and none of theirs dramas to date are my favorite dramas. 

Writer Kim’s best is Mr. Sunshine. I know she can write! I say she should take a break and polish her next script before coming back. 

I want our boy to venture into film before coming back to drama land. Hopefully he can establish his name as a movie actor and then come back to dominate the small screen when a good character, a good script and a good director is available. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1