Swoonworthy Kings and Princes in K-Dramas- Vote now!

confusedheart

Swoonworthy Kings and Princes in K-Dramas- Vote now!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite swoonworthy King / Prince in K-Dramas?

• Yi San - The Red Sleeve (Lee Jun-ho)
    • Lee Hwan - Our Blooming Youth (Park Hyung-sik)
    • Lee Yul - 100 Days My Prince (D.O. / Doh Kyung-soo)
    • Hyomyeong - Love in the Moonlight (Park Bo-gum)
    • Lee Chang - Kingdom (Ju Ji-hoon)
    • Seongnam / Yi Kang - Under the Queen’s Umbrella (Moon Sang-min)
    • Go Won - Alchemy of Souls (Shin Seung-ho)
    • Wang So - Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (Lee Joon-gi)
    • Lee Gon - The King- Eternal Monarch (Lee Min-ho)
    • Kang Ji Woon - Cinderella and the Four Knights ((Jung Il-woo))
    • Lee Hyuk - The Last Empress (Shin Sung-rok)
    • Lee Shin - Princess Hours (Ju Ji-hoon)
    • Lee Gak - Rooftop Prince (Park Yoo-chun)
    • Cheoljong - Mr Queen (Kim Jung-hyun)
    • Jinseong/Nak-chun, later King Jungjong - Queen for Seven Days (Yeon Woo-jin)
    • The King - The Crowned Clown (Yeo Jin-goo)
    • None of the above. / Anyone else. (Please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2023 at 10:41 AM

On 9/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, rocher22 said:

Kang Ha Neul in Moon Lovers..

He's one of my favorites too!! Sorry LJK fans, but I thought that he had the best chemistry with IU in Moon Lovers...still waiting for these two to star in a drama together..

As for the rest, Joo Ji Hoon was perfect in Goong and I fell hard for him watching the series. Who wouldn't want a prince-husband like him, hahaha!!! :fullofhearts:

Special mention, although I couldn't vote for him, goes to Shin Seung Ho as Go Won in Alchemy of Souls. The whole cast was adorable and it was soothing to watch them hanging around together, but the prince took the cake. :heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 9/20/2023 at 8:36 AM, willenette said:

Lee Min Ho? I adore him, he will always be perfect in my eyes! 

Chingu, I specially liked him in Pachinko. I think a little weight and age has done wonders.  

I love his dance moves too. Smooth.....:heart2beat:

Spoiler

On 9/20/2023 at 4:04 AM, MayanEcho said:

The vid list posted by @rocat is a good start on handsome geges in costume dramas. :) I agree on #1, actually most of those who made it in the video.

I ought to start watching them since most recen K-dramas have been dismal. A little eye candy always helps. :issohappy:

On 9/20/2023 at 8:36 AM, willenette said:

I also agree with you about "Bossam" - The drama has its fair share of flaws, but I thought the gentle, heartfelt romance between our OTP made it worthwhile.

Chingu @Lmangla loved the drama too and would post insightful observations. I loved the chemistry and the beautiful setting. I remember the young boy in the drama. He was adorable. This is another promising thing about the K-drama industry. Such promising rising youngsters. The future looks good for the entertainment industry.  :coolshades:

@rocat Omo those chilseled features. Why didn't I know of them before?:wub:

On 9/20/2023 at 7:32 PM, rocher22 said:

The Wolf....Xiao Zhan as The Prince trapped in a loveless marriage...  

Is that the name of the drama? The Wolf? I can do with a romance drama now. :criesariver:

21 hours ago, larus said:

Onara - 'Dae Jang Geum' OST

That was lovely! I like the touch of traditional. :biubiu:

8 hours ago, willenette said:

@larus  I love this OST from Bichunmoo, too. Kim Yuna also has a version of this song, which is just as good. Park Ji Yoon was in the cast. I've watched this drama because of Joo Jin Mo.   :kitty:

Wow! Amazing I'd love to watch an orchestra play at London's Royal Albert Hall. I heard Adele when she performed there on YT and loved the acoustics. This was the song....

Spoiler

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

They were all so cute in Hwarang.

Yeah, but who is your favourite, chingu?

Hwarang Dance GIF - Hwarang Dance - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

As for the rest, Joo Ji Hoon was perfect in Goong and I fell hard for him watching the series. Who wouldn't want a prince-husband like him, hahaha!!! :fullofhearts:

Agreed! Every young girl's dream to be swept off their feet by a young prince charming. But JJH is such a versatile actor. He has come a long way since his Goong days but agreed, there was something endearing about him in Goong. 

Also no one can do back hugs like k-dramas.

Ju Ji GIF - Ju Ji Hoon - Discover & Share GIFs

On 9/19/2023 at 3:38 PM, maribella said:

@confusedheart I thought the second ML in Goong was more Swoonworthy than the ML. 

Yes, you are actually right. I just remembered while looking up GIFs. I just don't know why they suddenly made him go berserk in the drama. There was no need to make him suddenly turn into a negative character. :criesariver:

Spoiler

Princess Hours/Goong Review – JiHoon & EunHye are Goals – JawkwardLOL

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, confusedheart said:

He has come a long way since his Goong days but agreed, there was something endearing about him in Goong. 

I think I am the only one here that did not like Goong that much. I watched it late (maybe in the pandemic) and I was a little dissapointed because I kept hearing about this drama and I did not see the hype. I was bored.  I liked the cast but the drama.... not so much. Nothing special for me. The cast deserved a better script.  :)

• Blob 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

I think I am the only one here that did not like Goong that much. I watched it late (maybe in the pandemic) and I was a little dissapointed because I kept hearing about this drama and I did not see the hype. I was bored.  I liked the cast but the drama.... not so much. Nothing special for me. The cast deserved a better script.  :)

The earlier episodes were funny when the FL was a typical gawky high school girl. The guy was suitably the high school star with his own clique. Only later when they started turning it into a love story that the FL became whiny and the guy turned self sacrificing… the main couple became boring. the support characters were funny too. The SFL and SML had their own rather sad stories. I liked the catchy opening OST.

Overall it was an enjoyable show for me. 

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

days but agreed, there was something endearing about him in Goong. 

He had abs. But he’s better looking now. Maybe the hair has changed.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

15 hours ago, larus said:

I also like Joo Jin Mo but I did not watch the drama. I found out recently that Kim So yeon refused the female lead role in Bichunmoo (2008) because she wanted to film in Korea after many years away (the drama was filmed in China?) and the role came to Park Ji Yoon. Kim so yeon had an oportunity to work with Joo Jin Mo in the movie Gabi after Lee Da Hae dropped the filming. How things works! :D

@larus  ohhh............thanks for this info - I didn't know that the role was offered to Kim So Yeon and that she refused the female lead role in the drama. Yes, "Bichunmoo"  was shot entirely in China. I haven't watched the movie Gabi.  :blush:

9 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Chingu, I specially liked him in Pachinko. I think a little weight and age has done wonders.  

I love his dance moves too. Smooth.....:heart2beat:

Chingu @Lmangla loved the drama too and would post insightful observations. I loved the chemistry and the beautiful setting. I remember the young boy in the drama. He was adorable. This is another promising thing about the K-drama industry. Such promising rising youngsters. The future looks good for the entertainment industry.  :coolshades:

Wow! Amazing I'd love to watch an orchestra play at London's Royal Albert Hall. I heard Adele when she performed there on YT and loved the acoustics. This was the song....

Yeah, but who is your favourite, chingu?

@confusedheart  hahaha - his "Pachinko" dance in the opening credits was very CUTE. I love that very happy opening because of some heavy moments in this show after. I laughed and smiled watching him dance. They supposed to cut this because there was no place to put the opening titles. Good, that they were able to figure out to bring this back. It was shot for (2) days. Lee Min Ho in the entire drama have no scenes where he was laughing or smiling. There weren’t many scenes where he was joyful. So this opening credits was the only time we saw him happy and liberated. And he said this himself when he was interviewed.  :kitty:

Yes, I know that @Lmangla liked "Bossam". I always saw her posts in his thread during this drama days.  :heart3:

I love your "Hwarang" gif....................  I missed the drama and the cast especially Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik and V.  :heart2:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

On 9/18/2023 at 9:28 PM, agenth said:

One photo: 

Ooooooh.... What a surprise!!!!

Xavier GIF by Big Brother

On 9/18/2023 at 10:15 PM, Ameera Ali said:

@confusedheart I wouldn’t want to beheaded so I will say oppa :mrgreen:

When did you place him back on your oppa list? :surprisedwut:

On 9/19/2023 at 1:08 PM, maribella said:

Lee Yul. My goodness, I even remember his name. 

He could have been swoonworthier - had he not been a stalker. Dude just couldn't take no for an answer. :grimace:

On 9/19/2023 at 3:16 PM, gm4queen said:

Ha ha ha.. Glad that Lee Min and Shin Sung Rok exist.

But, but, but.... The king in The Last Empress was crazy. As a bed bug. :scream:

bedbug.jpg

tagging @CarolynH for no reason....

On 9/19/2023 at 9:17 PM, confusedheart said:

@agenth and @partyon's oppa Ju Ji-hoon

Wait, when did Ju Ji Hoon end up on @agenth's oppa list? :Woah:

I thought it was just @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st and me who had him on our lists!

On 9/20/2023 at 6:06 AM, willenette said:

I also agree with you about "Bossam" - The drama has its fair share of flaws, but I thought the gentle, heartfelt romance between our OTP made it worthwhile.

:yaaa: @confusedheart Did you just forget @Lmangla sweetie's Bossam oppa from the poll? :scream:

My sweetie won't vote if mustache oppas aren't included. :brokenheart:

On 9/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, ElleSor said:

They were all so cute in Hwarang.

Omo! So much eye candy! :love:

But do I remember correctly that this is the sageuk with some of the most atrocious wig fails (aka REALLY bad hair day)?

hwarang-004.jpg?resize=764,440&ssl=1

:saitama:

On 9/21/2023 at 6:49 PM, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Special mention, although I couldn't vote for him, goes to Shin Seung Ho as Go Won in Alchemy of Souls. The whole cast was adorable and it was soothing to watch them hanging around together, but the prince took the cake.

He was my favorite too! :approves:

I just wish he'd gotten a girl in the end. Not just a turtle. :joy:

• LOL 8

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

:yaaa: @confusedheart Did you just forget @Lmangla sweetie's Bossam oppa from the poll? :scream:

Omo! So much eye candy! :love:

But do I remember correctly that this is the sageuk with some of the most atrocious wig fails (aka REALLY bad hair day)?

:saitama:

@partyon  ohhh.....it hurts - hahaha - but, I may say you're right, though. Park Hyung Sik looked like a Joseon Power Ranger. Even the level of Park Seo Joon's hair fails. I can't stop laughing at his ahjumma hair. LOL - Looking at them, it's quite obvious that they're wearing wigs. They could have opted for the more natural extensions. I guess the production had budget-concerns, short of budget, maybe? Well, since they're both my Oppas, I adjusted my eyes watching & looking at them visually. Honestly, Park Hyung Sik's hair is still passable, Park Seo Joon did not deserve wearing that wig, it was terrible. His hair was such a waste when he's so good-looking in almost all his dramas. Some people are not just fit for long hair. Park Seo Joon is one of them..... Bad hair days, everyone gets them regardless of how pretty you are.   :Megalol:  :loveu:

• LOL 3

14 minutes ago, willenette said:

Even the level of Park Seo Joon's hair fails. I can't stop laughing at his ahjumma hair.

Let's look at some of his best looks :D

psjs-many-looks-hwarang-feat.jpg?w=640

Also, Minho's hair :D He looks like an 80s glam rock singer :D 

6qy5pu5wr0w91.gif

• LOL 3

Thank you everyone for voting!:cheers:

@Ameera Ali @willenette @MayanEcho @rocher22 @rocat @maribella @sajidali59848 @gm4queen @ktcjdrama @larus @ElleSor @Rollito Deprimavera

And the winners are :

• Wang So - Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (Lee Joon-gi) 13 votes 

Spoiler

Kadi | Wang so, Scarlet heart ryeo wallpaper, Moon lovers

• Lee Gon - The King- Eternal Monarch (Lee Min-ho) - 11 votes 

Spoiler

Remember Lee Minho GIF - Remember Lee Minho The King - Discover & Share GIFs

• Yi San - The Red Sleeve (Lee Jun-ho) - 8 votes 

Spoiler

downwards is the only way forwards : LEE JUNHO AS YI SAN | JEONGJO OF  JOSEON THE RED...

Congratulations to all winners !

Congratulations Congrats GIF - Congratulations Congrats Celebrate -  Discover & Share GIFs | Congratulations images, Congrats quotes,  Congratulations gif

Please look forward to our next event coming soon.....:issohappy:

re :coolshades:

@confusedheart 

@Sleepy Owl

@agenth

@partyon

How To Train A GAN On 128 GPUs Using PyTorch | Shaun the sheep, Swimming  gif, Aardman animations

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2