Confessions of a Drama Addict (Part 3): Their First First Love

agenth

22 minutes ago, partyon said:
1 hour ago, agenth said:

rain also failed for me, largely because his character kept screaming all the time and whining.

Like seriously, how could Rain’s character be that whiny in Full House? A total turnoff :unamused:

I liked full house though. I found his performance hilarious. but would agree he wasn't oppa material. too skinny. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 8
  • Blob 1

Rain  brought me to the land Kpop and K-drama but he is not my oppa. Never been. But have to say that I´m really grateful of him. without him I would not probably found out the amazing land of Kdramas. 

My first Oppa was Lee Dong Hae.  Fell in love in the first sight. 15 years Later he is still my Oppa. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@Biology Lesson 

The story behind Lee Santa….

:evilelmo:

So back in the day - 2014 to be exact - Lee Byung Hun got into a scandal. Not long after he had gotten married and his wife was pregnant!

Texts were leaked between him and a model + an actress (if I remember correctly). Apparently things had been getting hot and heavy between the 3 parties and the girls later tried to blackmail him. 

https://seoulbeats.com/2015/01/immediate-aftermath-lee-byung-huns-blackmail-scandal/

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/01/dispatch-releases-alleged-texts-between.html?m=1

Reason he was named Lee Santa by k-netz is because in the leaked texts it was revealed he would bring them gifts. And the texts got leaked around Christmas time :sweatingbullets:

Will be back with recommendations soon

• Sad 1
  • LOL 11

My first oppa was Kim Hyun Joong as the ML in Inspiring Generation

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQNxAgk9bPqnv9f7gI9A9

- Lee Joon...  I love all his roles including the poorly written role  in the drama Bloody Romance.   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNWOSGbKTSm492dFHozyu

- Lee Joon Gi...  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS82JgVhUaxXsV1YK4OoxN

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, sweetroad said:

@larus Who is yours? 

6 hours ago, partyon said:

@larus Who is your first oppa?

Hard question. Or maybe it is easy. I don`t have an oppa. :lol: I like many actors and actresses, maybe sometimes I get attacked to a character more than others but not to the point of consider the actor an oppa. :grin:

But let me play the game....if I have to choose a character that tugged at my heartstring I think the first one that I clearly remember it was  infamous Bidam from sageuk Queen Seon Deok. And I have liked Kim Nam Gil ever since so... I think he is my first oppa.  Bidam was Kim Nam Gil`s breakout role and it the first time I saw him in a drama. He appeared in the later episodes and stole people`s heart. He was a complex character and it was obvious that he will have a tragic ending. I even cried when he died.

I did not watch his drama Island but I am looking forward to watch him in Song of the Bandits.

• Love 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, rocat said:

It says I’m big enough 

Uhm, what does he think is big enough? :emmm:

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

- Lee Joon Gi...  

He is one heck of an actor! I respect him a lot for his talent in acting.

@Biology Lesson Oppa lesson number 2 for you today! Potential sub-oppas (oppas that don't have Ultimate Oppa status) or pseudo oppas (guys that you like and that have the potential to one day become an oppa) WITH abs.

In no particular order!

1) Joo Won oppa - he has the best abs hands down, he is manly and he is an excellent actor!

d02da8d8d9ec165c4053b92741b1233ee0194fdc

I recommend him in Good Doctor. Great drama - was even remade into an American series.

2) Choi Jin Hyuk oppa - very athletic (despite being super clumsy IRL :D ), great abs, tall, deep voice and a super talented actor

59099b26cc6852749cbd2c9d805333e0.jpg

I recommend him in Tunnel - a big favorite of all the EOs and ex-EOs. Do NOT watch The Last Empress. I repeat, stay away from TLE.

3) Ji Sung oppa - I call him Short Oppa 'cause he's 173 cm, but he makes it up with his awesome charisma and stellar acting. He's a true ahjussi oppa.

oar2.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEVCJUDENAFSFryq4qpAwc

A huge favorite of the EOs. He's our official EO oppa. I recommend him in Secret (Love), Kill Me Heal Me amongst others.

4) Ji Chang Wook oppa - @agenth will kill me if I don't include him. This guy's the most natural actor I've ever encountered in kdramas. He makes acting look effortless. Since he's 36 now, he's starting to get more mature roles too. :love:

ed0374715dfc623fd9a66888e3bc88cc.gif

I recommend him in Healer. He has 4 dramas lined up this fall and next year.

5) Jung Hae In - not my oppa, but I like his acting a lot. He also has abs, despite looking a  bit younger than his age of 35.

m1Qw3EOeFadIlqnXUnqWhP_jd9u4aKymmO_bUXyv

I recommend him in D.P. season 1 and D.P. season 2. Something in the Rain is on my watchlist.

18 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t have an oppa. :lol:

Yoongi disagrees. :smashes:

Spoiler

yoongi-min.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, partyon said:

He is one heck of an actor! I respect him a lot for his talent in acting.

I like Lee Joon Gi very much. I like him as an actor and I like his real personality. I was active in his thread when his drama Two Weeks was airing because no many threads were active at that time and I wanted company(now it is worst :() but I will never put him on my oppa list (if I will have one) because he is not my type. :)

28 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yoongi disagrees.

Yoongi is a cutie. I adopt him. :love:

15 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Jang Hyuk. It was in the very first K drama I've ever seen, Fated to love you.

I know that Fated to Love You was loved by many people. I like all four leads of this drama. Rom coms are not my favorite genre but I like to watch some good romantic comedies from time to time. I think I will put this drama on my watch list.

I watched just five dramas of Jang hyuk.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

12 minutes ago, larus said:

I like Lee Joon Gi very much. I like him as an actor and I like his real personality. I was active in his thread when his drama Two Weeks was airing because no many threads were active at that time and I wanted company(now it is worst :() but I will never put him on my oppa list (if I will have one) because he is not my type. :)

I am the same. I really like his acting and he is good at picking great scripts. But also not my type - despite his abs.

12 minutes ago, larus said:

Yoongi is a cutie. I adopt him. :love:

That's so cute! :loveu:Yoongi's happy now!

15c6d8c8b0fdc3e7311751086044.gif

@YongZura⁷ Our Lil Meow Meow is becoming popular on this forum :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

@Biology Lesson 

So back in the day - 2014 to be exact - Lee Byung Hun got into a scandal. Not long after he had gotten married and his wife was pregnant!

Texts were leaked between him and a model + an actress (if I remember correctly). Apparently things had been getting hot and heavy between the 3 parties and the girls later tried to blackmail him. 

https://seoulbeats.com/2015/01/immediate-aftermath-lee-byung-huns-blackmail-scandal/

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/01/dispatch-releases-alleged-texts-between.html?m=1

Reason he was named Lee Santa by k-netz is because in the leaked texts it was revealed he would bring them gifts. And the texts got leaked around Christmas time :sweatingbullets:

Will be back with recommendations soon

Thank you for the explanation! This is exactly why I can't admire an actor just for being good or even if he has great abs. I mean, Kevin Spacey is a great actor, but he's nothing to be admired... :wacko: 

I will say, tried watching him in in Mr. Sunshine, and though it was obvious he's a great actor, he also bored me to tears ^_^, so either way, Lee Santa is not my thing...

49 minutes ago, partyon said:

1) Joo Won oppa - he has the best abs hands down, he is manly and he is an excellent actor!

I recommend him in Good Doctor. Great drama - was even remade into an American series.

Oo... :rolleyes: Have never seen him! Will try him out :)

2) Choi Jin Hyuk oppa - very athletic (despite being super clumsy IRL :D ), great abs, tall, deep voice and a super talented actor

Yep, know him from Fated to love you. Also saw him in Runing man- was surprised by how much of a clutz he is! 

I recommend him in Tunnel - a big favorite of all the EOs and ex-EOs. Do NOT watch The Last Empress. I repeat, stay away from TLE.

I will try Tunnel!

3) Ji Sung oppa - I call him Short Oppa 'cause he's 173 cm, but he makes it up with his awesome charisma and stellar acting. He's a true ahjussi oppa.

A huge favorite of the EOs. He's our official EO oppa. I recommend him in Secret (Love), Kill Me Heal Me amongst others.

Oh, I tried to watch Kill Me Heal Me,  but the whole therapist lusting after a clearly disturbed patient made me drop the show. Also- his acting is not my thing... A very good looking guy, though! 

4) Ji Chang Wook oppa - @agenth will kill me if I don't include him. This guy's the most natural actor I've ever encountered in kdramas. He makes acting look effortless. Since he's 36 now, he's starting to get more mature roles too. :love:

I recommend him in Healer. He has 4 dramas lined up this fall and next year.

Saw Healer and realy liked it. It was fun. But then I tried him in Suspicious Partner but wasn't impressed by his acting, so I dropped it... I'm really difficult, I know :flushed: 

5) Jung Hae In - not my oppa, but I like his acting a lot. He also has abs, despite looking a  bit younger than his age of 35.

I recommend him in D.P. season 1 and D.P. season 2. Something in the Rain is on my watchlist.

Him I also don't know. Looks... yummy! will try

Thank you very much for all you recomendations!:foryou:

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, sweetroad said:

For me it was none other than Kim Soo Hyun. It’s Okay to Not be Okay was the first drama I watched back in October 2020.

have you seen 'giant'? he was a child actor then and acted in the early episodes but I remembered him standing out even then with his acting. giant is one of those epic dramas that span decades in story. 

Drama Kim Soo Hyun Sebelum Jadi Do Minjoon Sampai Moon Gangtae

later, I remember @kokodus or was it @partyon sharing his abs pics scene from its okay. it felt really strange. I felt like those aunties you meet in weddings who go, "wow, you grew up. I saw you when you were a child..." :joy:

Watch: Kim Soo Hyun Captivates Seo Ye Ji With His Abs On “It's Okay To Not  Be Okay” | Soompi

• LOL 10

5 hours ago, partyon said:

@Biology Lesson 

He is married to Lee min jung, isn't he? She is sooo pretty. I hardly ever say this about female actresses, but she is gorgeous. LOL. And their marriage is still going strong? After all this chaos? Hmmmm interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

Hi everyone, and thanks for tagging me @agenth:D. But first I want to apologize for not having any images in my post, unfortunately I still can't learn how to insert them successfully :mellow:.

Let's play))). I bet it's really easy to tell who my one&only Kdramaland oppa is:lol: by looking at my profile picture). Hehe))). 

I say Kdrama, bcs I have 2 Cdramaland oppas as well. Very convenient, ha?))). They are actors Vengo Gao and Xu Haiqiao. Both very charismatic and charming, and in each has a special place in my heart). I think cdrama viewers may know them better. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Ok, I think my post is going to be an indication of how old I actually am.

Chingu, join the club. Lots of us ahjummas here. :D I think the original Meteor Garden is actually the best version.

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I will say, tried watching him in in Mr. Sunshine, and though it was obvious he's a great actor, he also bored me to tears ^_^, so either way, Lee Santa is not my thing...

Lee Santa lost a lot of fans after the whole scandal. Apparently not @Lmangla sweetie though. :unamused:

Oo... :rolleyes: Have never seen him! Will try him out :)

@Biology Lesson Joo Won oppa's abs are yummylicious ! :lollipop:

Oppa bulks up easily. He is no flower boy. :heartxoxo:

201348975_700.jpg

201348978_1280.jpg

I'm really difficult, I know :flushed: 

No, no! We all have different preferences. I think you should give Ji Chang Wook oppa another try later this fall once one of his new dramas comes out. He really is a great actor, and Suspicious Partner was not the best out there.

I watched him in Empress Ki when he was only 25 or 26, and do you know that even though oppa was not the ML, he became the fan favorite by the end. His acting stood out! He is talented, so I hope you can give him another chance! :kiss_wink:

Him I also don't know. Looks... yummy! will try

Yes, try Jung Hae In. He impressed me when I saw him in D.P. for the first time. I learnt that he only debuted as an actor at the ripe age of 26, so he only became famous at an older age than his peers. I think you might like his acting. :glasses:

Here's the trailer for D.P.

@rocat If you have to point out that you're big enough, it probably means that....

Spoiler

....you're a bit smol..... :sweats:

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

He is married to Lee min jung, isn't he? She is sooo pretty. I hardly ever say this about female actresses, but she is gorgeous. LOL. And their marriage is still going strong? After all this chaos? Hmmmm interesting. 

K-netz couldn't believe that she wanted to stay married to him after that incident.... :grimace:

If anyone ever wants to know who Toilet Yoochun is, let me know. That was another famous scandal around the same time as the Lee Santa scandal. :joy:

Since @joccu mentioned that her first oppa was Lee Donghae from Super Junior, am gonna take the opportunity to showcase his and Siwon's abs. They are great! I've seen them live. hehe :yum:

166a67a5eae4156a347075ac00789b97.gif

41 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Let's play))). I bet it's really easy to tell who my one&only Kdramaland oppa is:lol: by looking at my profile picture). Hehe))). 

Omo! Who is it? The profile pic is too small. I can't tell. :scream:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8