Confessions of a Drama Addict (Part 3): Their First First Love

agenth

20 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Yesss!! I even started buying Suju's merchandising and hanged a huge poster of Siwon in my room, LOL! :sweat_smile:

did you also watch My Ugly Duckling when he appeared? 

He even knows how to ride horses!! wow

22 hours ago, partyon said:

You're welcome!

i think i have heard worse... then again i can't remember. but the screechiest was maybe Temptation of Wife, which is also 130+ episodes

• Blob 2

On 8/30/2023 at 8:40 PM, agenth said:

did you also watch My Ugly Duckling when he appeared? 

No, I knew nothing about that! I'll have to check this out, hehe!! 

I used to scan the internet to find material from oppa, haha!! :D Around that time, I remember that he filmed the Taiwanese version of "Skip beat", which was super difficult to find with subtitles, but I still managed to watch the whole thing...so much research I had to do :)

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

I'm a late bloomer when it comes to kdrama.  I didn't start watching until sometime in 2013.  I saw, The Queen and I" and loved the love story.  I was always into time travel movies from before and this one made me start watching kdramas.

spacer.png

After watching this one, I googled Hyun Woo and found that he was in the military.  Started looking for his other dramas on line, because I knew there wasn't going to be anything new for awhile.  When he got out of the military they had a fan meeting in Japan and I went to my first kdrama-related fan meeting.  Over the years I've been to several more and am planning another later this year in October.

He really does great fan service.  He had a couple of "limited audience" fan meeting which were like korean MTs.  He bussed us to a remote location, we ate and drank, played games, watched his show, spent the night at a pension and he bussed us back to Seoul after breakfast.

This is him having drinks with us after he cooked dinner.

spacer.png

My list of favorites have grown since then, But he will always be special.

• Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

4 hours ago, TheaN said:

My list of favorites have grown since then, But he will always be special.

that's really great to hear. I hope you have a lot of fun in October :)

Everyone, thanks for sharing your (not so secret?) confession here. It was interesting to see all the variety, or the similarity of us drama fans, when choosing our first first love! 

Even if most of us have moved on to our second, third... loves, we never forget the first one! 

and of course no oppa event would be missing our very own

e7fd233958df6feff84f2fa66189d83f6c885959

Stay tuned for more events - and if you have an idea you want to see realised, let us know too! 

your event organizers

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Sorry for joining late to the party.

My First oppa and unnie was the old drama "The Hotelier" (2001) by Bae Yong-joon and Song Yoon-ah, storyline was good too as it covered the hotel acquisition by the talented team. I fell in love with this couple and began to follow all their projects ever since. I even kept the OST in my phone music album.

For now, both are almost retired or seldom appear in the entertainment bizshow especially Bae Yong-joon. Therefore, I have switched to watch many other K- actors/actresses' drama as long as they have good performance with well written script storyline.

Male artists (not in sequence)

Song Seung-heon and Hyun Bin (they taste like an old wine, the older the better, handsome men that look even better as they age, maintained very well)

Jung woo-sung, Lee Jung Jae, Kim Soo Hyun, Song Joong Ki, Lee Byung-hun, Jang hyuk, Won bin, Park Seo Joon, Park hyung-sik

Female artists (not in sequence)

Lee Young Ae (long lasting beauty queen, never grow old) 

Kim so yeon 

Son Ye-jin

Lee da-hee

Seo Yea-ji

Han so Hee

• Love 3