[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

Daaang I knew Cha Dol's mom would show up and cause trouble. That plot point is too big to just ignore and chuck away. Now I'm thinking that if she wasn't planted there by the Left Councillor but that they know a "lady" is there living with them--what're the chances she'll be mistaken as the princess and killed? Very convenient to rid of the mom and keep the BW/CD/SK family in tact without any baby mama problems, lol.

Howeverrr, I have to say I'm not liking this plot point too much. As if we don't have enough complicated political drama to keep up with already--now we have another one?? Sigh. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

38 minutes ago, sobohomom2 said:

I wonder if this new wife is an imposter? Is she considered an aristocrat?  I'm wondering why the MIL would favor her over the princess?

She could be an imposter sent by Left Councillor or she could CD's real mom who made herself reappear after hearing BW is rich now (it was mentioned she left him for another man, presumably someone "better"/richer). I don't think she's a noble because her character doesn't scream it--she looks more like a grifter/gold digger who struck it rich. MIL will definitely favor her (fake) noble status because as far she knows SK is an orphan/commoner (since her identity is still hidden). Hopefully MIL will be smart enough and see through her fakeness!

• Like 7

Oh I just thought of something to circle back on Phoenix Klaw's comment in the previous page re: Dae Yeob's real parents (that his aunt is his real mom and he could be an illegitimate son of Ba Wu's dad):

Dae Seok

Dae Yeob

Ummm... coincidence??? I think not! Definitely putting $10 on them being half-brothers now! lol.

Edited by mysticmango
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 3

Thanks, pad-hari, for posting the fun bts pics! I always get such a kick out of seeing actors in costume goofing around together; it's such a fun compare-and-contrast thing with the usually very serious personae they have when in character. I particularly enjoy seeing actors in their costumes as kings and ministers relaxing in this kind of bts fun--because any kind of relaxation and fun is so VERY different from what we usually see in all the high-intensity court politics!

• Like 5

Interesting observation, @mysticmango, Dae Yeop and Dae Seok could be close relatives.

I did not like the actions of the nanny. Her earnestness to reunite the SK with her mother is putting everyone in danger. She's so loyal to the court, but she's clueless as to how people there operate. She trusted the court maid to deliver the letter directly to the consort, but she gave it to the king's assistant first, who wishes the princess death and even told her to her face the remain dead. The princess is also at fault because she always keeps things to herself. On the other hand that nanny of hers is judgemental and loose lips, so she may blurt out secrets.

The MIL is uncouth. Yeah, she was a concubine of a rich man but she's no yangban. She doesn't have that aura of being someone with good manners. And she failed to teach her daughter some manners. She too is a commoner and she believes that she's way above another commoner, just because the woman is an orphan. She does not even see how well-mannered SK is.

The palace and political intrigues are taking over. Although parts of it are necessary to move the plot of the cat and mouse between the king and LYC. They also need to resolve the long-standing rift between LYC and BW's family.

I haven't finished watching Ep. 13, but it could be timely that the ex-wife arrives, as she'll be the cover to ensure that the princess remains hidden. Just hope that the nanny's mouth remains zipped.

Btw, the young actor playing Cha Dol seems to have grown taller.

• Like 7

To be frankly honest I am getting bored with the drama. The fun and fresh uniqueness of the premise and interaction/chemistry of the little outcast family on the run  has been replaced by the usual Sageuk palace goats, nearly the only interaction between the sexless OTP relationship is angsty parting tears and hugs , MIL law antics and now another women. I could watch a 30 year old Sageuk and see the same thing. 

I know politics is part of these dramas but the tone totally did a 180. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Some of our chingus’ comments about Dae Yeob and Ba Woo being related are brilliant! Now, I would like to see some brotherly love between the two men. Perhaps the behind the scenes caption is giving us a hint. I really do hope for a good characterization for Dae Yeob other than just being a thorn on the main leads’ story. He seems like a nice guy who just got caught in the middle of the politics and his seeming affection for Soo Kyung.

F1-A7674-D-91-F7-4-DD0-BC7-A-4-CE3-FF1-F
MBN

As for our main couple, it doesn’t look like they have an intimate physical relationship yet. Soo Kyung’s reaction to Ba Woo taking her hands to warm them and the way she’s flustered when he steps in closer towards her seem to indicate they have yet to take their “marriage” arrangements to the next level. They might have only done the ceremonial traditions to appease their elders. Well, at least I hope that’s what happened so far. Because I sure hope the drama being a conservative and traditional sageuk won’t deny the audience of such intimacies onscreen. Perhaps Cha Dol’s mom, as much as I can already foresee how annoying she would be, I think maybe she might actually be the driving force in bringing our couple to a an intimate physical declaration of love.

8-D8284-EB-C903-435-F-BA21-302-C3184-F9-

Credit silvertrhee

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Lol. Was it even (semi) erotica that she illustrated and wrote? Her drawings were pretty tame, understandably so, given her lack of real life experience. The more daring one she drew was that of a half naked man chopping firewood. Given that Korean dramas tend to be on the conservative side anyway. And this one being a more conservative sageuk than usual, let’s hope we get more flavor than vanilla in remaining episodes. I do wonder though, isn’t physical marital relations taught or at least talked about among Royal circles. If it wasn’t taught, I would expect maybe Court Lady Jo to at least have given the Princess some details about it. They did talk about the topic of Bossam earlier on. So it seems they are close enough as a nanny and Princess to be discussing more personal matters. 

• Like 8

POLL ALERT! - chingus, pick your choices.....

largephoto1344193.jpg 

tagging -- @pad-hari , @anyeze, @mysticmango, @morganian, @MissSuzuki, @backstreetboysfan, @confusedheart326, @fluffyloaf, @rocher22, @shinkeru, @RobinM, @tulip06, @ktcjdrama, @reddragon, @andy78, @sobohomom2 @Thong Thin, @Min2206, @4evrkdrama, @Yinye, and anyone else watching.... 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Blob 4

Wait this drama has how many episodes? I was watching ep 14 but the subs disappeared half way in and will continue later. The pacing has been off lately due to politics - I haven’t lost hope but I am praying that our writer and director tightens the story a little more.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, pick your choices.....

thanks for calling me...i voted!!!ex-wife idea is A VERY BAD IDEA!!!I hope she will get killed soon!!!

17 hours ago, mysticmango said:

Right? We want more OTP moments, not this... not-love triangle. 

i agree

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, Yinye said:

Wait this drama has how many episodes? I was watching ep 14 but the subs disappeared half way in and will continue later. The pacing has been off lately due to politics - I haven’t lost hope but I am praying that our writer and director tightens the story a little more.

This drama will have 20 episodes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1