[Drama 2021] So I Married an Anti-Fan, 그래서 나는 안티팬과 결혼했다

agenth

mhhh I don't feel bad for GY enough, the writing doesn't make me sympathise with her, because she's even ruder than Who Joon, whom she targets for being obnoxious in the first place.

and now some more backstory is revealed between WJ, JJ and IH. Honestly, I don't see what he did as betrayal. It's not like he blindsided them. They made their choices, and he made his. This entire series seems to be all about blaming others for your own choices, from GY to JJ to IH. 

WJ is what ties all of them together, he is the martyr and the vibes he gives off, I don't like. He's not jerk-ish enough for GY's anti-fan hatred to be warranted, especially since he keeps being nice to her. Sure he doesn't fake concern for her, like she keeps asking, unlike JJ. This story reminds me of Pride and Prejudice, with WJ as Darcy, JJ as Wickham and GY as Elizabeth Bennet, only GY is portrayed as a stupid, hypocritical character due to this kind of writing. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Hi Guys

Nice to meet you all. I am so glad that someone made this thread for this drama. So far, I have intrigued with these first 4 episodes. It's cliche, fluffy and predictable but it's just what you need.  I feel like their love story is kind of like slow - burn romance, because so far I still see them bickering and it's not like they care about each other right away

My favorite character in this drama is definitely WH, because he's kind, caring, friendly and humble. His character is different from all celebrities' characters portrayed in other K - dramas (arrogant, demanding, etc). His offscreen personality is no different from his on screen personality. But, what I have noticed from his character is that he's really gentle towards girls - meaning that he cannot get mad at girls. At first, I kind of overlooked his behavior due to his interaction with IH, because they both were exes and WH still had some feelings for IH so that's why he felt the need to help and protect her reputation since she's trying to build her career. 

But, then I noticed his interaction with GY. Of course, the first impression started with bad misunderstanding. WH thought that GY took a picture of him and IH and believed she was going to write an article. He was worried that it would affect IH, so he decided to take the camera harshly and destroyed it. Meanwhile GY thought that WH was having a fight with a girl and that he acted harshly on her - to the point he made the girl cry. during the first two episodes, you have seen GY going back and forth towards him and even admitted to be his Anti fan until they both were later offered to appear on virtual show as a fake married couple. 

Then, the third episode appeared, the scene where GY was trespassing WH's penthouse and WH found out about it. I was surprised that he acted rather calm when the situation happened. People would usually get mad over somebody - a stranger trespassing your property and acted as if its theirs. But, I saw WH so chill about it, and the way he reacted when GY was blaming him for everything that happened to her it's just weird. I thought he might be trying to suppress his feeling and anger towards her because he knew that she was a reporter, which means that she could make a bad article or even badmouthing him to others. Maybe he was trying to protect his image so that it would not jeopardize his career. 

But then there were other scenes, when he was helping her by going straight to the apartment when she called his manager's phone and he carried her when she was drunk to his apartment. seemed like he is the type of person who does not hold grudges, and that's why he cannot get mad at her. But, still despite of him helping her, I still don't see him being attracted towards her. Yes, she might be funny (and he smiled remembering how she was drunk but still singing on karaoke) and he might find her pretty when she was wearing a white wedding dress for the photoshoot. but overall, i still did not see him having feeling towards her. In fact, I also still could not pin point his feeling towards her because whenever GY is mentioned, his is expressionless (remember during the prank cam)

I really wish on 5th and 6th episodes, GY will just throw away her EGO and starts befriending WH and hopefully they will get closer. because what I really need is their interactions at home more

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Nice to see Choi Tae Joon - it's been awhile. Interesting also to see him act in a lead role. He looks leaner here, probably to fit the idol look I suppose. 

I watched a bit of the Chinese movie version with Exo's Chanyeol. Which Tae Joon look pretty similar actually. 

Feel bad for Geun Young. She's bein' bullied by Hoo Joon's fans. Overall this drama is an easy watch. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

So I’ve started watching this drama on Rakuten Viki for 2 reasons: 1) I wanted to see Choi Tae-Joon performance as a lead role & 2) I saw the movie with the same title some time ago.

To me this first 4 episodes has the story-line running a bit slow, I just hope they would not drag the story too much.

I find Who-Joon has such a calm nature and his changes in personality is quite amusing as opposed to Geun-Young being given a bitter and annoying role. I felt so sorry for her in epi 4, when Who-Joon fans threw egg & flour on her and her response was to kindly request of them not to upload the videos/pics. Overall, I think it’s going to turn out to be a pretty cool drama, can’t wait to see how WJ & GY love blossoms in the upcoming episodes.

@agenth since you mentioned it, I could really relate to this story-line being like Pride & Prejudice. Truth be told I do love the P&P movie lol!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Oh Sung Hoon appeared ... nice face! ... I didn't know he'd be in this series as JJ's brother omg! 

Lol that relationship between JJ and IH... it's so stupid. She's like forcing herself to be bright, wanting to go back to "as things were 6 years ago", yet they're both so insecure over WJ. And when he sends her flowers, instead of liking it, she has to take her anxiety (?) medicine.  God that relationship is so painfully dead, it's really annoying. 

• Like 2

For now, this is the drama I'm looking into weekly. I really like the WJ n GY scene. They dont even care people around when they began quarreling. But, WJ acting good in front of the camera. You... Double face! 

WJ still cannot move on from IH and is it what inside his room is IH related? So, I dont think WJ will fall in love to GY yet. Actually, he is a gentleman and respect women. 

With GY staying in his penthouse, at least he can have company when he needed. I wonder what is the story about his father. 

• Like 2

I've been a little frustrated with the past few episodes.  It seems they are focusing more on the hate between the two leads than the attraction.  Hopefully that will start to change in the next episode.

• Like 3

Unsure whether it’s just me but I just didn’t see or feel any connection between WJ & GY or even JJ & IH in the previous 5 episodes. I often felt the only connection I could see was WJ & his manager JH. However, just finished looking at episode 6 and finally I could see a bit of chemistry starting up between WJ & GY. Hoping to see it developing more from epi 7 on-wards.

As for JJ & IH relationship, don’t see any chemistry at all between them. Their relationship just seems to be one of hate, jealousy and both using each other for ulterior motives. They both seem so obsessed with WJ and blame him for how they are now. JJ acts like a spoiled attention seeking brat who wants to steal all the shiny toys away from WJ and is afraid of losing to him. So now he is setting his sights on GY hopefully, she doesn’t fall for his devious ploy. I don’t know why but just looking at IH face annoys me to the core. Maybe it’s the role she has been given but she just seem to always have a sour, crying face and defeated posture going around 24/7.

On a happy note, I was delighted to see Sung Hoon in this drama as I always find him so funny & amusing (not to mention his attractive swimmer abs :wub: lol). Although, I must say I am not accustomed seeing him in any role other than main lead position, so it would be interesting seeing him in a supporting cast role.

• Like 2

I feel like the show wants me to feel bad for IH, but I don't. Like nothing is stopping her from leaving JJ except she needs him for selfish reasons. 

I am liking the scenes between WJ & GY and interested to see who will make the first move.

I think that interview GY took with the news company that wanted her to be a spy will backfire on her. That combined with the notes on her computer will make it seem like she has been spying. Prob right when things are going well with WJ & GY. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, screwyupsidedown19 said:

I thought it was the karaoke scenes when GY was completely drunk. If I remember he was smiling thinking about that later on. But maybe there was something earlier.

Hi, thank you for your replying 

Yeah probably at that time he became interested with her because she was funny and unique. Different from other females he's meet before. He has always had a deep problem with females such as his mom and Inhyung, but with GY, i think its only with her right now that he can have a bicker and tease moment ( dog and cat) with. Its a fresh moment for him

As for me, personally think that he was starting to become softer to her when she applied the band Aid for him and since then he's been trying to make an excuse to visit the penthouse even if its just for a short time. And then he also makes his claim straight after he noticed that she was about to quit the program and could not be contacted on the airport. 

cannot wait for 7 and 8 episode. Weekend please come sooner. 

hopefully in this forum we can start making an analysis for each episodes. Would be great to know your thoughts

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The way they focused on the scene of WJ showing GY how to turn off the mic, you just know it will be crucial at some point in future episodes.

We have prophecy scroll working for us - how long til GY finds it again, and has it properly translated?

I really hope they start to resolve the IH story soon. Even as WJ is clearly warming to GY, it seems he still cares for IH more. Its time to move the story of our leads closer and flip the scales

Preview of ep 7 looks like they're getting closer ... :wub:

• Like 2