[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

The seed grew only because MM pitied someone else other than himself. Only in dramas with philosophical gods are KPIs measured by a seedling.

It seems one of GD’s philosophies is about balance- hence the balancing stones. Light and dark. Strong and weak. Newton’s third law. But finding happiness from misery was something that had to be proven to her by DK.  In that process, GD was surprised to be chided by DK because she had not expected DK to be another philosophical being with reasoning powers capable of challenging hers.

GD being the omniscient being is always right. But she miscalculated how DK might react to the misery caused by MM; she sure wasn’t expecting DK to imagine happiness from that. In her miscalculation, it turned out that MM’s conscience became less scarred because his dirty deeds made someone happy instead. Not the conventional anger nor denial that usually was the balance. More love came out of the unconventional DK, which in turn softened MM and out popped a seedling.

Everybody wants happiness, nobody wants pain; but there can't be a rainbow without a little rain. DK realizes this and lives it. MM sees it too. A human teaching a deity - how about that?

That blue ball given to DK - I think now I can safely say that represents the universe - alludes to the fact that DK now holds its fate of the world in her hands, the outcome of which rests in the authenticity of her love. Then GD passed a comment that false love is also love. False hope is also hope. And did so with the yellow tulips she brought back from a terrible wilt. That’s just cynical methinks.

• Like 1

I feel that their chemistry is getting wasted tbh. I just wish the plot was moving, it's like there is no story to tell, we just wait to see who will die in the end.
I may be the minority here, but I don't like the supporting triangle, I even skip their scenes.

I just wish there was a story for the main leads. They look and act perfect, what a waste.

3 hours ago, abc said:

I feel that their chemistry is getting wasted tbh. I just wish the plot was moving, it's like there is no story to tell, we just wait to see who will die in the end.
I may be the minority here, but I don't like the supporting triangle, I even skip their scenes.

I just wish there was a story for the main leads. They look and act perfect, what a waste.

I'm the opposite, after the first 2 episodes I've watched 5 minutes with the main leads and it was unconvincing.  I think the main story is completely uninteresting and I find the relationship between the 2 leads ridiculous.  I think it would have been more effective if they didn't have the supernatural.

I like almost all of the supporting characters but they don't have a big enough part (which isn't surprising since they are the supporting characters.)  Oh well, and least it doesn't take very long to watch!

11 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

I think majority can agree that the writing is weak and slow

I do not see because something is slow it means it is bad written though. The main focus is building the relationships and how DK dealing with her health. She going from confusion to acceptance wanting to live her life to the fullest while she is alive. I am pretty sure the second half gonna amp up how they handle the contract. 

• Like 2

Maybe possibly be the only one here but I am enjoying the slow pace and it 100% fits the story’s message to enjoy life, especially the small moments and make good use of time towards your own happiness. DK’s path is exploring what she wants during these last days while MM is also discovering new emotions and other perspective and the good benefits of what he does and represent. So I like the micro focus on the characters’ growth and all the little details. Some romance are slow burns and I think for our OTP, it is natural for them to struggle and be out of the comfort zone. For a fantasy drama, there is more realism than I anticipated and I love how the OTP interacts and what they say to each other. It was refreshing to see MM open 100% up to DK. One last bit is that while they have strong feelings for each other, it’s not quite the deep love just yet and like what a few have shared, I think our girl deity is really playing the devil’s advocate to really test their love and strengthen it. So I am enjoying to see how their relationship evolves. PBY is too adorable pretty as SIG has his own unique aura to make the hour zoom by.  As for the 2nd love triangle, not fond of it because it seems quite immature all around but I don’t skip - just watch it anyways. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

Maybe possibly be the only one here but I am enjoying the slow pace and it 100% fits the story’s message to enjoy life, especially the small moments and make good use of time towards your own happiness. DK’s path is exploring what she wants during these last days while MM is also discovering new emotions and other perspective and the good benefits of what he does and represent. So I like the micro focus on the characters’ growth and all the little details. Some romance are slow burns and I think for our OTP, it is natural for them to struggle and be out of the comfort zone. For a fantasy drama, there is more realism than I anticipated and I love how the OTP interacts and what they say to each other. It was refreshing to see MM open 100% up to DK. One last bit is that while they have strong feelings for each other, it’s not quite the deep love just yet and like what a few have shared, I think our girl deity is really playing the devil’s advocate to really test their love and strengthen it. So I am enjoying to see how their relationship evolves. PBY is too adorable pretty as SIG has his own unique aura to make the hour zoom by.  As for the 2nd love triangle, not fond of it because it seems quite immature all around but I don’t skip - just watch it anyways. 

If you are right and the pace picks up in the 2nd half, then this is going to be much better as a binge watch than a weekly watch. 

• Like 1

In most fantasy dramas, love is somewhere in the background, the characters are constantly running and saving the world, and at the same time open their hearts to a loved one. And here love comes first, it is the center of everything, the center of all story. The story may seem slow because nothing is happening, but it's not bad from
that there is no one big and bad villain that the heroes have to fight. Here everything is as in life, and their enemies are themselves and the decisions they make. The drama is beautiful in all aspects, it is vital, philosophical, very romantic and beautiful. It shows how important it is to cherish every moment of our lives, how important it is to cherish what you have,
and yet, I very much hope that the editor will win the writer's heart and she will finally let go of her old love.

New BTS

• Like 6

Doom at Your Service: Episode 7

by quirkycase

DaYS07-00013.jpg

It’s always one step forward, two steps back for our couple. After sharing a moment together, our gloomy lead vanishes without a trace, leaving our desperate heroine with nowhere to search. We get a lot of sad eyes and brooding this hour as both of our leads feel lost and battered by fate. Meanwhile, our heroine’s illness becomes a little more public, and those around her grapple with how to deal with the news.

EPISODE 7

After Myeol-mang disappears, Dong-kyung runs home and is dismayed to find her apartment entirely her own again. The next day, she zones out at work and only snaps out of it when Ye-ji mentions that the recently returned CEO Park looks different.

Hoping Myeol-mang is pulling one of his masquerades, Dong-kyung is disappointed to see CEO Park has truly returned. Her mood brightens a little when the bratty writer Young makes a surprise visit and declares he’ll finish his story. He’s been having disturbing dreams where a man orders him to finish writing and makes him die in various ways.

Meanwhile, Myeol-mang stands atop a building and wonders where he is. He’s suddenly transported to 2014 where he sees Dong-kyung running to catch a bus. The goddess shows up and explains this is a glimpse into Dong-kyung’s past, so she can’t see or hear him.

The tire blows out on Dong-kyung’s bus, making her late for her interview. Despite her pleas for understanding, they turn her away. The goddess calls her pitiful and blames Myeol-mang for the blown tire since all destruction is linked to him.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/06/doom-at-your-service-episode-7/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seo In Guk Shows His Playful And Serious Sides On Set Of “Doom At Your Service”

619dfa2e3fa24b9dbe6e5b9259273b19.jpeg?s=

Jun 4, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Doom at Your Service” has released behind-the-scenes cuts of Seo In Guk!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

On June 4, the drama shared photos of Seo In Guk on the set of “Doom at Your Service.” Seo In Guk constantly studies his script while filming the drama. Sometimes, he’s very sincere, and at other times, there’s a soft smile playing on his face. He exchanges opinions with the production crew and has great teamwork with them.

seo-in-guk-2.jpg

When the camera is on, Seo In Guk immerses himself into the role of the cold but caring Myul Mang. He perfectly portrays the icy appearance yet sad eyes of his character, and he also monitors his acting with undisturbed concentration once filming is over.

Although Seo In Guk plays a cold character, he is nothing but warm on the drama set. He flashes a bright pose at the camera with playful grin is on his face.

seo-in-guk-3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1473004wpp/seo-in-guk-shows-his-playful-and-serious-sides-on-set-of-doom-at-your-service

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Doom at Your Service: Episode 8

by quirkycase

DaYS08-00937.jpg

Now that our leads have found their way back to each other, they’re determined not to be separated again. The goddess isn’t ready to let them reunite that easily, though, and continues trying to find ways to keep them apart. But our heroine isn’t about to let anyone tell her what to do with her limited time. Her impending death looming, she begins thinking about those she’ll leave behind and comes up with a new idea for her wish.

EPISODE 8

As Myeol-mang walks toward Dong-kyung at the hospital, he isn’t sure exactly what he’s feeling but knows he can’t hold it in anymore. Dong-kyung smiles as they hug, but then Myeol-mang pushes away and calls her crazy for taking off the bracelet.

She fires back, angry at his disappearing act and how he snuck in and placed that pillow for her. Even as they argue, they’re both smiling. When Myeol-mang remarks that he was intending to keep holding back, Dong-kyung reminds him that her time is limited. Myeol-mang sobers and agrees to tell her everything.

While the goddess watches her plant sprout, Myeol-mang confesses to Dong-kyung that all her misfortunes are due to his existence. Dong-kyung thinks he’s being ridiculous and believes his existence also paves the way for fortune. Her happiness is because of him, too. He’s the pain and the medicine.

Dong-kyung tells him to go tell whoever chased him out that her life’s misfortunes aren’t his fault. Seeing his expression, she guesses she said the right thing. He smiles. Dong-kyung starts to say something, but a look comes over her. Wide-eyed, she grabs his sleeve, and then she’s gone.

Myeol-mang rushes over to her apartment, but a young guy is now living there with no idea who Dong-kyung is. Meanwhile, Dong-kyung finds herself in an ethereal flower field where the goddess awaits.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/06/doom-at-your-service-episode-8/

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

4 Lessons On Love From Episodes 7-8 Of “Doom At Your Service”

37674c178f424df5a0d68742c4ee90f4.jpeg?s=

Jun 6, 2021
by shalini

Doom At Your Service” delves into our main couple’s and secondary couple’s budding romances this week. Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young) and Myeol Mang (Seo In Guk) both know they have it bad, but just how deep does their attraction run? Is the intangible something between them just passion borne out of circumstance, or could it be love? And just how does their ill-fated bargain play into all this?

This week’s episodes have a lot to say on love. Here’s what we loved the most!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 7-8 below.

1. Love requires emotional vulnerability

The entire issue with Myeol Mang’s disappearance and reappearance isn’t that Sonyeoshin (Jung Ji So) magicked him away, but rather the aftermath. He refuses to explain where he’s gone or why, leaving Dong Kyung hurt and bewildered, especially after that passionate kiss in the rain.

From Myeol Mang’s point of view, it doesn’t make sense to keep getting close to her. He’s always been someone who’s hated his existence, and the fact that he unwittingly hurt Dong Kyung by merely existing is a raw wound. Sonyeoshin’s motives in pulling him away start to make sense, as she quizzes this self-hating being on why he thinks he has the right to be loved when he’s been a part of Dong Kyung’s worst moments. As dislikable as Sonyeoshin seems, she’s asking Myeol Mang a crucial question: Just why does he want to be loved by Dong Kyung? Especially when he refuses to open up in return?

But this only makes Myeol Mang feel guilty, so he does what he always does when he’s scared: he vanishes from Dong Kyung’s life, making her resort to extreme means to seek him out. That’s always been the pattern here. She goes to him first, understands him, and takes all the emotional first steps in their relationship. He’s gentle and tender and wonderful, but hides from her emotionally.

Even when she breaks off his bracelet, he refuses to go to her at first. But when Sonyeoshin goads, telling him to live alone forever, that’s when he realizes his idiocy. It doesn’t matter what he is. She loves him, and he might not know what he feels but he can’t stand that she’s in pain. So he lets his guard down and finally opens up to her the way she did to him all along.

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young13.gif

2. Love is when you miss them when they’re gone

Myeol Mang really is a tough nut to crack. As he walks to her in the hospital, he admits that he can’t turn away from her but doesn’t know why! This man (deity) really doesn’t understand what love looks like.

So Sonyeoshin snatches Dong Kyung away. This time, it’s Myeol Mang’s turn to scour the land for Dong Kyung and make himself vulnerable in a way he never has before. He searches everywhere, growing increasingly fearful when he can’t find her. Sonyeoshin’s putting him in Dong Kyung’s shoes, showing him what it was like whenever he pulled a disappearing act, and showing him the depth of his feelings.

When Dong Kyung returns, Myeol Mang doesn’t think twice, pulls her into a back hug and re-fuses their home together. From now on, he’s going nowhere.

2acc5d62d9b93d0ad700d1f37d3444a05f62a99b

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1467714wpp/4-lessons-on-love-from-episodes-7-8-of-doom-at-your-service

• Like 3

Seo In Guk Can’t Hold Back His Jealousy Over Park Bo Young In “Doom At Your Service”

a776172369b3461ea08f42037211a979.jpeg?s=

Jun 6, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has shared new stills from the upcoming episode!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung opened up about their feelings for each other. Myul Mang even signaled his willingness to endure death for Tak Dong Kyung as he told her, “Tak Dong Kyung, it’s okay to like me. I don’t care about anything else besides you now, so choose. The world, or me.”

New stills show Tak Dong Kyung in the middle of a meeting with Park Young (Nam Da Reum), the author of a web novel. However, Myul Mang watches from a distance, his eyes focused solely on the two of them. Tak Dong Kyung pays him no mind, instead focusing her attention on Park Young.

Seo-In-Guk-Park-Bo-Young2.jpg

Seo-In-Guk-Park-Bo-Young2.jpg

When Park Young grabs Tak Dong Kyung’s hand to write something on it, Myul Mang’s jealousy flares even more. He clutches his drink as he glares at the pair, and one can almost imagine lasers shooting out of his eyes. The way Myul Mang’s cold personality has suddenly switched after falling in love has created plenty of laughs for viewers, who are also eagerly anticipating the progression of Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung’s romance.

Nam-Da-Reum-Park-Bo-Young.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473222wpp/seo-in-guk-cant-hold-back-his-jealousy-over-park-bo-young-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4

The story of this Drama is interesting. It is a good drama a bit slow. However, the chemistry between actors is not the best here. Especially between the femal and male lead. They are both good actors, but it does not look like they have a great chemistry together. the pairing does not really match here. The romance between them seems flat and missing. It is shame.

• Like 1

Seo In Guk And Park Bo Young Are Surrounded By An Air Of Sorrow In “Doom At Your Service”

26bd0e8c6e714c31b4f62ce58d606a3e.jpeg?s=

Jun 7, 2021
by U. Kim

Doom at Your Service” revealed new stills of Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young ahead of the next episode!

The fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

Previously, Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang began their relationship with mutual feelings. In the ending of episode 8, Myul Mang said to her, “Tak Dong Kyung, you can like me. Nothing matters to me besides you, so you make the choice between you and the world.” He showed that he was willing to even take on death for her sake.

In newly revealed stills, Myul Mang looks at Tak Dong Kyung who is squatting down on the ground. When he extends his hand for her to grab, she simply stares at it with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

Tak Dong Kyung then takes his hand and cautiously looks up at him, but Myul Mang doesn’t meet her gaze and instead observes their hands. A strange stillness falls upon Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang under the dim streetlight.

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-21.jpeg

The producers of “Doom at Your Service” commented, “The life-or-death romance between Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang will grow one step sweeter and sadder this week. Please continue to watch the story of Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang, whose feelings for each other have grown so uncontrollably that they are willing to die for one another.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473439wpp/seo-in-guk-and-park-bo-young-are-surrounded-by-an-air-of-sorrow-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2