[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

I love the main two leads, I am wondering if there is a way he can save her.  We have so many episodes left so I can't see the rest of them just being about this. Or maybe he finds a way to save her, and the rest is trying to find a way to stay with her. However, I do have a feeling that one of them will die. Maybe not stay dead, but def die. 

I can't decide if I like the love triangle with the second leads. I like each character as an individual.

I don't know if this episode was supposed to justify the Hyun-kyu (1st love) just leaving Ji-na like that. I mean he left the country without meeting up with her. And now wants to know if he has a chance. Like what? I thought maybe they would provide a good reason he did that, but I don't think this ep provided any justification.

Also, what is Joo-ik (editor) doing? He should be telling both sides the truth. From the preview it looks like that will be next ep. But until he does it seems a little underhanded. If I had to pick a side I'm a little more on Joo-ik's side, mostly cause I don't like how Hyun-kyu treated her the first time around.

• Like 4

Happiness looks good on them :ilike:

New stills for tonight's episode:

E2xTHaBUYAIBLFH?format=jpg&name=medium

E2xTHaDVUAA_26m?format=jpg&name=mediumE2xTHaCUYAYAowq?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

E2xTHZ_VUAgAMQU?format=jpg&name=medium

Cred. owner

Honestly this looks like it should be the FINAL scene in the last episode...dis making me a teeny bit anxious :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Enjoy A Lovely Date In “Doom At Your Service”

555c29c9db0649b2a48cc687c57d9d15.jpeg?s=

Jun 1, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has shared a glimpse of a sweet moment in the upcoming episode!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Myul Mang recalled his harsh fate and pushed away Tak Dong Kyung. However, he couldn’t control his growing feelings for her. Eventually, Myul Mang embraced Tak Dong Kyung and his love for her, and the joyful smile on her face made viewers cheer for their blossoming romance.

The newly released stills depict Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung on a date. They walk hand-in-hand like normal lovers and enjoy the cherry blossoms that surround them. They gaze at each other with warmth and affection, and he especially can’t take his eyes off of her. His genuine smile hints that he is sincerely head over heels for her. Will the two be able to continue walking on a bed of roses, or will there be more thorns ahead of them?

doom-at-your-service-23.jpg

doom-at-your-service-12.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472380wpp/park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-enjoy-a-lovely-date-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

“A child must rebel against their parents to grow...and love must suffer hardship to burn stronger.”

So she is trying to help him?? Or them?? Was all that provocation in the beginning some sort of a reverse psychology??!!! Oh god the confusion!! and the dang pot! Pretty sure that symbolises his growth, not DK's. 

Smh for the deity...? But I also like that she's pushing him to break his walls/reservations against humanity and the world ;) but don't push too hard please. 

• Like 5

Remember how I said the 2 couples are mirrors?

1. Both women met the male leads in the past before - during a time of heartache.  MM when DK was young (at the death of her parents).  JI when JiNa was crying at the steps of the apartment block

2. Both met the male leads again.  And in between this second meeting, both women lived suspended lives.  Neither could move on.  DK couldn’t move on from the death of her parents (she remained emotional detached and distanced).  JN couldn’t move on from her first love (the male leads in her books were always based off her first love).

3. This second meeting (with the male leads) for each woman is the key to helping them facing up with the hurts of the past and moving on with the business of living.  

4. Both male leads seem to be distant and removed but both care deeply for the women and protect them.  MM held DK still to stop her from seeing the gory sight of a man taking his own life.  JI held JiNa still so she wouldn’t see her first love (which would cause her hurt).

5. Both men showed up when the rain came down.  Rain is often a metaphor for bad things that happen in life.  So showing up meant that they were willing to shield the women from the storms of life.  One gave him her umbrella.  The other showed his woman how to brave the rain and run together.

6. Both men kissed their women unexpectedly in the rain.

I think the reset is Girl Deity’s way to force space between MM and DK.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  Prior to the reset, they were forced together by circumstance/fate. With the reset, will MM choose to return to DK despite knowing how he’s hurt her in the past?   Will DK miss MM so much that she will want him back in her life.  The breathing space also gave them opportunities to grow as individuals without the other as a crutch.  DK was able to stand up and choose life - she no longer dared to just jump off the building anymore.  She wanted to live.  MM wanted to live with her in his life despite knowing he was the cause of all her misery.  Their being together is a choice this time, not a decision forced upon them due to the cancer diagnosis.  The pot plant is still not growing though?  So there’s still work to be done on their love front. :lol:

@blademan yes.  GD is trying to teach/educate him.  So she’s brought him back in time to see all the hurt he’s caused her.  She’s trying to play the parent who tells her child, “You’re not good for her.  It won’t work.”  He chooses to “rebel” and disobey her.  What does this show?  That he now has agency.  He chooses to love DK in spite of her discouragement.  That’s why GD didn’t seem too disturbed.  Her experiment “worked”.  :lol:  It’s like a test and he passed.  Their love is now “stronger” because of the time apart.  It proved that they still want to be together.

• Like 2

“Doom At Your Service” And Its Stars Reign Over Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Lists For 3rd Consecutive Week

9af4794f8b17460695cfe2ca0057e285.jpeg?s=

Jun 1, 2021
by E. Cha

Once again, tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has dominated the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the third consecutive week, “Doom at Your Service” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Doom at Your Service” remain No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas for the week of May 24 to 30, but its stars Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk also came in at No. 1 and No. 3 on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members respectively—marking the third straight week that one of the drama’s stars has topped the rankings.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of May are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Doom at Your Service”
  2. tvN’s “My Roommate Is a Gumiho”
  3. tvN’s “Mine”
  4. KBS 2TV’s “Youth of May”
  5. SBS’s “The Penthouse 3
  6. SBS’s “Taxi Driver
  7. JTBC’s “Law School”
  8. JTBC’s “Nevertheless”
  9. KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters”
  10. KBS 2TV’s “Sell Your Haunted House”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Park Bo Young (“Doom at Your Service”)
  2. Girl’s Day’s Hyeri (“My Roommate Is a Gumiho”)
  3. Seo In Guk (“Doom at Your Service”)
  4. Lee Bo Young (“Mine”)
  5. Jang Ki Yong (“My Roommate Is a Gumiho”)
  6. Lee Do Hyun (“Youth of May”)
  7. Lee Ji Ah (“The Penthouse 3”)
  8. Kim Seo Hyung (“Mine”)
  9. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver”)
  10. Go Min Si (“Youth of May”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472426wpp/doom-at-your-service-and-its-stars-reign-over-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-lists-for-3rd-consecutive-week

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472426wpp/doom-at-your-service-and-its-stars-reign-over-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-lists-for-3rd-consecutive-week

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@blademan that quote - what GD said - was also the source of my consternation. She spouts wise words though. 

@nrllee I love how you compiled the images played at the start of each ep and interpreted what they could mean. I am usually grabbing snacks that time - your post made me sit and watch :wow1:

What are the rules for deity-human relationships in dramas? I don’t remember any that were smooth-sailing off the top of my head...but higher gods do interfere to grant exceptions as they deem ‘fit’. The education spoken about probably is one criteria.

This one, whether it has the GD’s blessing or not, is going to be an interesting ride. I am not sure where GD’s going with the darn pot but I am glad MM has a mind of his own and does things that make viewers go awww.

And DK’s red bracelet - it was put on her as part of the deal between them. Everything also resets with it off? Can he hear her thoughts now?  The healing at midnight seem to still work or was it the medication at hospital? 

Love the snippet of what I think is in ep8 @lingx2 can’t wait to watch!

• Like 2

After I watched both episodes 7 and 8, I feel sadness from both eps. Ep 7 because MM disappear and Ep 8 because DK finally realized the meaning of her life when she only have two months to live now. She decided to let everyone know about her dying and everyone she loves come to support and spend time with her. She is surrounded by people she love in this little time she has.
And then what is that Ep 9 preview?? DK want to break up because she loves him??

As far as I want a happy ending for them, I can't really see way for them to be together as human and divine being. I am hoping that DK can become immortal to accompany MM for eternity (like Bella to Edward in Twilight), that would solve this problem. However, seeing that the love is still at early stage and fragile, they still have long way to go in that department. MM who has been living as Doom since his birthday, never has emotion to other (especially human) and only pity himself. 

I wonder what is GD plan actually. All we know that she has been going through a reincarnation circle. She mentioned to DK (when she kidnaps her) that she has been there way before MM and created MM in one of her previous life so MM is like a kid/son to DG. I see MM like a teenager in divide-being age, he questioning his existence, rebel to his mom, complaining, threatening to end the world, etc where previously maybe MM fully listen and rely on GD on every decision. 

On early episodes, GD mentioned to MM to go (like a mother who ask her son to move out and be independence) and become someone wish (like a mother hoping for the son having his own family). And GD also knows that her time is limited in this life and she kind of rushing for whatever reason. 
Maybe she will leave this world for good and only watch from far as DK and MM will take care the world for her after she's gone. I still have faith in GD, I think she has really good plan.

Anyway I am still hoping for a happy ending! Shall look forward for next week's episodes!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, iluvcalculus said:

I wonder what is GD plan actually. All we know that she has been going through a reincarnation circle. She mentioned to DK (when she kidnaps her) that she has been there way before MM and created MM in one of her previous life so MM is like a kid/son to DG. I see MM like a teenager in divide-being age, he questioning his existence, rebel to his mom, complaining, threatening to end the world, etc where previously maybe MM fully listen and rely on GD on every decision. 

GD lives and dies according to Humanity’s need for a deity in their lives.  That’s why she “dies”/disappears when Humanity is cruising and thinks they have no need for a higher being to pray to/ask for guidance.  MM/Doom however keeps on “living”.  So in those moments where he is by himself he is still doing his job of bringing bad luck/destruction/death on the world.  At some point Humanity will decide that there’s too much sadness/bad luck and turn to a deity for help.  That’s when GD rebirths again.  I think like you said, GD worries about MM when he is alone during those moments when she’s not around because Humanity decided they don’t need deities anymore.  So I think she’s concocting a plan so MM has a mate during those times.  I am unsure how this is going to work in the DramaVerse that the writer is building.  If MM will becomes human - but if that happens then who looks after Doom’s work?   The more “logical” way to approach it would be to grant DK immortality (perhaps after her natural death on earth).  She’s already learning that there are 2 sides to “bad luck”.  Without misfortune, you would not experience the concern of loved ones reaching out to help you.  With her more balanced view of misfortune, she will likely show MM that his job has a flip side.  It’s not purposeless.  It has meaning.  It is through misfortune that people grow and mature.  It is through misfortune that people discover who their real friends/family are.

I think for GD to grant DK immortality, she wants to make sure the “love” shared between MM and DK is eternal as well?  They can’t be just having a honeymoon period and then sort of stop loving each other.  Eternity is a long time.  Hence why she keeps trying to foster the “right conditions” for their love to bloom into one that will last (the pot plant).  That’s why she keeps interfering. :lol:  Momma knows best?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Watch: Seo In Guk And Park Bo Young Go Through Trial And Error Filming Romantic Scenes For “Doom At Your Service”

e95f7646037e4caa8722cbee86436d00.jpeg?s=

Jun 2, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” released a new making-of video!

Getting ready to film a hugging scene, Seo In Guk closes in for a tight embrace with Park Bo Young. Afterwards, the actress reveals, “My neck almost broke.” While hugging, she says, “Today, I’m really small, so this isn’t working out. I’m really sorry.” Seo In Guk spreads his legs further apart to match Park Bo Young’s height. Park Bo Young states, “It’s okay, since you have to look cool.”

When the director decides on the perfect height difference, Park Bo Young comments, “I can tippy-toe to this extent.” Eventually, the actress stands on a wooden board to meet the right height. Park Bo Young shares, “If you receive the filming directors’ love and interest, you can look pretty. I should do a good job too!”

Looking at Shin Do Hyun’s picture, Kang Tae Oh is shocked to learn that the photo is edited. Confused, he asks, “The face and body were edited together?” The staff member replies that it’s actually the flowers in the background that have been added.

When asked about giving love advice, SF9’s Dawon shares, “I’m good at giving advice, but I’m bad at [romantic relationships] myself.” Kang Tae Oh adds, “Isn’t everyone like that? I’m like that too.” While rehearsing, Dawon makes a suggestion, which he carries out naturally during the actual filming.

Lee Soo Hyuk and Shin Do Hyun rehearse their kiss scene in the rain as well. Lee Soo Hyuk repeatedly shares, “I got hit by her shoulder,” causing Shin Do Hyun to laugh and apologize. Later, Lee Soo Hyuk gets shy as he is showered with compliments by the staff and actors.

During a different hugging scene with Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk gets playful as he suggests funny poses. Putting his head directly on top of Park Bo Young’s, Seo In Guk shares, “This way, both our faces show at once.” In a hilarious tone, Park Bo Young comments, “That ruins my mood a little.” Park Bo Young also pretends to cry from the pain of Seo In Guk hugging her too tightly where her mic is.

Park Bo Young shares, “Our Myul Mang (Seo In Guk) is so cool, but I don’t think he should come out on these making-of videos.” The two actors remain playful as they discuss their kiss scene in depth. Trying out different angles, Park Bo Young comments, “If your pose is difficult, it comes out looking pretty [on camera].” With multiple takes, Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk perfect the romantic kiss scene.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472563wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-and-park-bo-young-go-through-trial-and-error-filming-romantic-scenes-for-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So after Ep8, I need to alter/rejig my suppositions about the pot plant.  I had thought it was MM/DK’s love but it looks more like a metaphor for MM and his growth as a being.  Like Pinocchio.  He needs to become an “adult” or “real boy”.  Somehow loving DK (properly or what the Deity views as “proper”) is going to help him achieve that.  

I was right to guess that the other couple is a mirror for DK and MM.  JI kissed JN out of pity in the rain. MM kissed DK out of pity in the rain as well.  Neither JN nor DK have properly moved out of their corners yet with their love for the male leads.  So far it’s been very one sided.  Hence the yellow tulips (represents unrequited love).  Just as JI and MM were both about to tell their respective women everything,  an interruption from the past appears.  For JN it is her first love.  For DK it is her aunt who is the spitting image of her deceased mother.  Both women need to address their baggage before they are free to love the men in their lives.  

• Like 1

Ngl I snoozed in the middle of ep. 08.. I can see why ratings are low. 

This was better suited as a shorter series? Like now there's 8 more ep. but I already feel the plot is plateauing? 

Initially I thought Doom-nim was goin' to sacrifice himself but it looks like maybe it's Dong Kyung instead? She might wish he would turn human like the Pinocchio fairytale. 

Why is the female deity still there LoL? I mean if she's bored then she's like that deity from Hotel Del Luna isn't she? The one who keep throwing obstacles at the otp oh y'know just because LoL. Something to do with the order of universe blah blah. Or not balance is thrown off blah blah. 

Idk if I still want to continue watching & I adore Seo In Guk. The love triangle with Lee Soo Hyuk (he's such a babe isn't he LoL?) is headed nowhere tbh. Sighs. It's turning to be as disappointing as Oh My Master~

• Like 1