[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

I have been watching this show, but at a snail's pace.

EP 1 -8 Review :

Main storyline is not coherent, Everything depends on Dora the explorer Goddess makes the Puppet Doom do. She basically pulls and pushes the entire situation around, other than that the main storyline has no story IMO. 

Park Bo Young I missed her so much, her chemistry with SIG is good, kiss scenes are great, her one liners and workplace scenes are wonderful, also her and LSH's banter is fun. 

The Mainstoryline is how to use the word Love in different sentences every episode :

I plan to love you #to make you feel the pain of dying

No human has ever loved me , they either want me or run away from me .

Will you be the first human to Love me? #vulnerable celestial creature Doom falling for no power Human

You cannot Love me , I made a error in judgement . #guilt trip

I only care and love you now, the choice is yours to save the world or youself. # Like wonderful, selfish needs.

Unlike main storyline the second Lead storyline is 10x times more intriguing, here we have a Nobel Antihero Team Leader Cha who looks like a Korean Snape, who KNOWS that his brother like roomate is guilty and in love with Na Ji Na yet for some weirdly twisted pity / lethal attraction reasons he ends up kissing a girl straight out of High School and falls for her and then has basically made sure that those 2 unrequited lovers don't meet? Also makes NJN contractually obliged to be bound under him because of his jealously, insecurity whatever you call it. I love love his sarcasm and character, he is a twisty one for sure. Mills and Boons CEO overbearing President right there.

Lee the Third male lead is Handsome cute, loyal to his Hyung but is a coward, yes he was a Kid back then when he asked Hyung to break up in lieu of him but Now he is all guilty and still in Love with NJN. NJN on the other hand is still crying over the one who got away...and somehow little by little she is falling for Team leader Cha 's charm. And they stopped it at a cliffhanger at episode 8. Darn, I for one rather see this than how Doom has said let the world go to hell or heaven I could care less and left everything upto already dying TDK? 

The thing is for main storyline Everything depends on Dora the Goddess, either they have a sad or Goblinsh ending or HEA no logic ending. Anyhow the story is what is happening is hard to comprehend. But just for the wonderful second lead storyline and Actors I will watch the second half. I just feel like someone above said, its a wastage of both MLs chemistry and talent, lets see how second half unfolds.

• Like 2

Wow that's an epic ep 10 preview? I have been so busy at work that I had to fast fw ep 7 and 8. Looks like I have to rewatch the episodes before ep 9. I loved the ep 10 teaser for the TL or whatever his name is.

• Like 1

Park Bo Young Prepares A Special Birthday Party For Seo In Guk In “Doom At Your Service”

400c706f165b488286405af9f68a21d2.jpeg?s=

Jun 8, 2021
by L. Kim

Doom at Your Service” revealed new stills of Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk ahead of the next episode!

The fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

Previously on “Doom at Your Service,” Myul Mang felt that he didn’t have much time left to see Tak Dong Kyung. He confessed his love for her, and they began their relationship with mutual feelings. Myul Mang narrated, “I’m not afraid of disappearing, but I’m afraid of not being able to see you anymore,” increasing curiosity about how their love story will end.

The newly released stills show that Tak Dong Kyung prepared a birthday party for Myul Mang. Myul Mang was never able to celebrate this special day before, and this will be his first birthday party. Tak Dong Kyung’s eyes sparkle with excitement as she holds up a scrumptious cake. She faces him with a bright, lovely smile, and he gazes dotingly at her with yearning eyes. Their eye contact is full of affection, and they are solely focused on each other as if time has stopped. The beautiful night scenery spread out before them is both beautiful and heartrending.

park-bo-young1.jpg

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young4.jpgThe drama’s producers commented, “Today, the emotions that Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang have been pressing down will explode. Please continue to watch their romance to see what decisions they will make for each other with only 50 days left.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473560wpp/park-bo-young-prepares-a-special-birthday-party-for-seo-in-guk-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4

Episode 9 had one of the lowest ratings so far at an average of 2.5%. :tired:

Even though the drama seems to be liked by international fans, Korean viewers don't seem to be fond of it. 

Such a shame, Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young deserve better.

Edited by jessdsc
  • Like 3

“The Penthouse 3” Tops Most Buzzworthy Drama List In 1st Week On Air + Park Bo Young Tops Actor Rankings

“The Penthouse 3” Tops Most Buzzworthy Drama List In 1st Week On Air + Park Bo Young Tops Actor Rankings

SBS’s “The Penthouse 3” has soared to the top of this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas!

In its first week on air, “The Penthouse 3” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “The Penthouse 3” take No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas for the first week of June, but its stars also claimed multiple spots on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members. Lee Ji Ah ranked No. 3 for the week, while Kim So Yeon came in at No. 6 and Uhm Ki Joon at No 8.

“Doom at Your Service” star Park Bo Young continued her reign at No. 1 in the actor rankings, while her co-star Seo In Guk followed at No. 5. “Doom at Your Service” also stayed strong at No. 2 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas.

tvN’s “My Roommate Is a Gumiho” ranked No. 3 on this week’s drama list, while its stars Girl’s Day’s Hyeri and Jang Ki Yong came in at No. 2 and No. 4 respectively in the actor rankings.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of June are as follows:

SBS’s “The Penthouse 3”

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service”

tvN’s “My Roommate Is a Gumiho”

KBS 2TV’s “Youth of May”

tvN’s “Mine”

JTBC’s “Law School”

SBS’s “Racket Boys”

KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters”

KBS 2TV’s “Sell Your Haunted House”

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

Park Bo Young (“Doom at Your Service”)

Girl’s Day’s Hyeri (“My Roommate Is a Gumiho”)

Lee Ji Ah (“The Penthouse 3”)

Jang Ki Yong (“My Roommate Is a Gumiho”)

Seo In Guk (“Doom at Your Service”)

Kim So Yeon (“The Penthouse 3”)

Lee Bo Young (“Mine”)

Uhm Ki Joon (“The Penthouse 3”)

Lee Do Hyun (“Youth of May”)

Lee Hyun Wook (“Mine”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473660wpp/the-penthouse-3-tops-most-buzzworthy-drama-list-in-1st-week-on-air-park-bo-young-tops-actor-rankings?fbclid=IwAR3HIivSnBwQiw5OpyZIOID6FEIRE0hSv1CeyDUg4nHzxI3eM6RJzXNsICE

• Like 1

Some rants about EP 9. Pardon me beforehand Lol.

Second Lead Triangle : Lee Hyeon saw Cha knew Ji Na , Understood he deliberately hid Ji Na from meeting him, saved Cha from his father getting embarrassed in front of his Boss,Yet he barged in and said Date me to NJN because he was her First love Like and feels?

Team leader Cha is like super guilty but his sarcasm to his boss while defending TDK are On point. NJN is still obsessed with LH & unceremoniously leaves Cha and runs away to LH to meet him and he is left feeling bad, Like what were you expecting, she is a shallow dimwit.NJN get over LH Phulease!!!

I don't know do I prefer NJN to say buzz off to both men & live her life or smack her head for being still obsessed over a coward turned dom LH. This Love traingle makes me raged and curious all at the same time. They should have gotten a separate show of their own !!In all honesty, this is one of the best conflicts I have seen.

Main Storyline : :isannoyed: My emotions more than half the time.

TDK and Kim Sa ram are sweet , have nostalgic Love, but no core reason to just fall in love, its very disconnected, like why should we Love you? or even Vouch for your love? There is no essential plotline convincing enough to just believe that Earth shattering Love. Writers have not structured the main storyline properly enough. Every episode its one liner about love and life , and yet DOOM is realizing every episode he loves her likes her wants to save her , wants to end the world, wants her to save herself over the world, like Duh that is known since Ep 3 that YOU LOVE HER....MOVE FORWARD!!! So much potential waste honestly.

Now Doom and Dora both are dying as a cause and effect of World existence, meanwhile TDK knows she is dying but still harbors a hope that Doom is a Santa and can extend her life.

She now wants to Date Doom ???? :what!: what WHAT has she been doing uptil 9 episodes 50 days? Can someone explain that? Are a celestial creature and a senior publisher that Daft about their feelings? Like arghhh put some coherency into this idiotic realization , this could have been summed up like within 4 episodes, there is no base here to hold onto this longing. Or maybe I just DON'T get it. I AM STILL hoping for some Sense here please writernim provide me some.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

The advice the idol/writer gave regarding TDK's situation doesn't actually work. Like you can't snap your fingers and stop loving people, so pushing people away won't do anything. You'll still love them even if you don't see them, you'll be alone. So running away seems dumb and doesn't actually make any sense. I'm glad MM called her out.

The plot of the show is still eh for me, but the acting and chemistry between the leads keeps me watching. 

As far as the love triangle, Joo-ik is not at fault for Ji-na and Hyun-kyu not being together. Like yes he blocked them from running into each other that one time in the past, but they had phones. If Hyun-kyu wanted to respond to any of the dozens of messages Ji-na sent him then he was able to. 

Preview: The goddess is suggesting erasing them meeting, but that doesn't change that TDK is going to die. But maybe we'll have an episode where they both forget each other completely, but still get entangled. Like it was always their destiny to love each other. 

• Like 3

After seeing ep 10, I feel we just now got to the conflict

DK is finally realizing the enormity of her situation and those tears off. heartbreak

For MM, this is a huge conflict in two ways; one can he really save her being doom and all? 

two: Why her of all people? 

I think I kinda get his whole I am totally fed up with my existence attitude. The guy is literally DOOM, thats like personified FED-UP of things. Somehow I feel like he goes through such moods often. But he says he cant have emotions which is such bull. You cannot watch things end and die without emotions. I dont think he is human but he surely is a being with emotions. And something about DK is just messing him up.

Either that's the story we will get or I am just shooting words out of my mouth

:crazily:

The pace and plot is meh and off-track but Ill still accept it as isnt that life? Random moments strung together? 

The drama's has potential and if it wants to be doomed love story SO BE IT. 

I want her to die. Her life as a human ends and it was enough to touch the deity's heart.  That kind of tragic ending is acceptable. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I really enjoy watching this drama, but the plot has always kinda been confusing to me. I watch it for the actors and their chemistry together, but this whole doom/end of the world/wish thing feels a bit convoluted. I have no idea what the end game is, I'm sure I won't be satisfied with the ending either way LOL but Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk are so cute together, I'm just enjoying the visuals....

I agree with a lot of people here, 2nd lead couple/triangle is a bit more interesting so I like it when that storyline develops. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Tbh I've never really had an opinion about the SL love triangle until last night!

God dang now we FINALLY know what led to JI kissing JN in the past...well it only took 10 full episodes!! I was actually against both of them ending up with her - HK is just immature and JI is condescending as heck.

BUT! Last night we got to see JI's POV and I can slightly understand where he came from. Ngl it was NOT his place at all - making a decision for both JN and HK in the past, but he knew she would eventually be hurt along the way, so giving him the benefit of the doubt...he was probably (more than likely) right. Both HK and JN weren't exactly adults at the time, and he knew HK did not have the mental capacity to be in a relationship then, so (PS. I DO NOT AGREE WITH HOW HE HANDLED IT) he did something he thought would be the quickest way to break them apart. 

Now...in regards to what JI told JN in ep 10. I like that he was upfront to her about the whole thing - what he did in the past, why he did it, his relationship with HK and the fact that he doesn't regret it. This was him bowing out. He knows that they're both adults now capable of handling themselves. He has seen HK reminiscing and genuinely regretting how he handled himself with JN in the past. He has also seen how JN is still very much affected by HK and how he still has somewhat of a hold on her. So it's up to them now. JI is officially leaving the triangle.

But this is where it gets (more) complicated. JN has now gotten used to JI being around her. She has feelings of her own. Now she has the freedom to choose. It's obvious that her decision to date HK will be a knee-jerk reflex. Now for JI. He can deny it as much as he wants but the dude is falling for her. Him choosing to end the contract (meaning they would never have to see each other again) is gonna mess them up - get ready for more  (ughhhh) angst.

E3YxbeqVEAYi4Ab?format=jpg&name=largeE3YxcYBVkAIaUyp?format=jpg&name=largeE3Yx4CBVUAAcN5C?format=jpg&name=large

Cred. owners

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Ok watched the last two episodes and yes agree w/ many that the writing has gotten noticeably weaker - dragging in the noble idiocy troupe and immaturity for the love triangle. 

What keeps me coming back is that I like both lead actors and I do think there is good chemistry. But it is the writing of the characters and what they do now that isn’t so consistent.

Some scenes are still very good and funny, but sad that many more scenes are not moving the story forward. The more philosophical level to the drama is interesting - like the question she asked about her choices and I am sad they resorted to the most troupe solution. It is a shame that the writers are not consistent.

I will still watch until the end but slightly disappointed that it went this way.  

• Like 3