[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

9 hours ago, madmad min said:

Goblin and even Heirs (Kim Tan is LHK and CHa is Lee Gon) . BUT Can they STOP Trying to Copy it in EVERY SHOW? Its a fairly recent show people can pinpoint the exact similarities they are not dumb.

I didn't watched this dramas so it's not so triggering for me.

I feel like Episode 14 could have been the last episode and it would have been fine. Maybe some slight tweaking but still fine. Yes a sad ending but not one that didn't make sense. 

I am watching the episodes by fast forwarding parts now and I really wish I wasn't. I wanted to like this show, because I love the leads. However that did not happen, its been disappointing. 

Positive things:

-Some scenes just look amazing, the cinematography is good. 

-The friendship between Dong-kyung and Ji-na, plus the little  brother. I like their dynamic

-The acting is good.

-I think the show had some really good individual scenes. It is the overall plot/story that disappointed. 

Its been 14 episodes so I'm not going to drop it now. 

My guess he shows up at the end of Ep 15, maybe a version of himself that is human and doesn't remember her. 

Seo In Guk, Park Bo Young, And More Are All Smiles Behind The Scenes Of “Doom At Your Service”

2d7b1285968e49bd985c2a902fad4706.jpeg?s=

Jun 27, 2021
by S. P

With only two episodes left in the drama, tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has shared a fun look behind the scenes of filming!

The fantasy romance is about an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myulmang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contract.

Park Bo Young captivates in the newly released photos with her bright and lovable smile. Not to be outdone, Seo In Guk flashes his own cute and mischievous smile while bringing his hands up to frame his chin.

Even when the cameras aren’t rolling, Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young keep their playful chemistry going by making cute poses at each other and laughing. Other photos show them carefully going through the script and practicing every detail of their hug, proving their eagerness and passion for their roles.

Park-Bo-Young-Seo-In-Guk5.jpg

Park-Bo-Young-Seo-In-Guk-12.jpg

Other cast members also display a variety of poses, such as Lee Soo Hyuk with his refined look and Kang Tae Oh with his face-splitting grin. Shin Do Hyun greets the camera with a sweet wave and warm smile. Snapshots of Woo Hee Jin, SF9’s Dawon, Jung Ji So, and Nam Da Reum also serve as a testament to the amicable and energetic atmosphere on set, leaving viewers even more in anticipation of the remaining two episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476723wpp/seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-and-more-are-all-smiles-behind-the-scenes-of-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2

Watch: Seo In Guk And Park Bo Young Struggle With Strong Winds During Kiss Scene In “Doom At Your Service”

b5315914d77b4080993e70136d693aa8.jpeg?s=

Jun 27, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the recent episodes!

The fantasy romance is about an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myulmang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contract.

Spoilers

The video begins with Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk at the hospital, where Seo In Guk’s character becomes a doctor. He takes advantage of the rehearsal to joke around with Park Bo Young, shining the flashlight close to her eyes and her ear. Park Bo Young plays along, but glares at him and jokingly swears to get revenge. Seo In Guk also has fun tossing her phone at her as he walks by, but after the cameras begin rolling, he tosses it so carelessly that Park Bo Young drops it to the ground. The director scolds him afterwards, saying, “I knew you’d throw it like that.” Park Bo Young asks him to throw more carefully, but Seo In Guk gives the excuse that he doesn’t want to hurt her.

Park-Bo-Young-Seo-In-Guk4.jpg

Next, the pair moves outside to rehearse a kiss scene as the director guides them through their lines. At the end of the scene, Park Bo Young runs away at the director’s signal. At first, Seo In Guk wonders where she went, but soon finds her hiding behind a tree. When they begin filming, Seo In Guk forgets to stay inside the frame, earning himself yet another lighthearted scolding from the director. Finally, they successfully film the important kiss that brings back their characters’ memories.

Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young then work on the tones conveyed through their voices in the next scene. The director compliments them on their tones, commenting dryly that they understood his directions even though they were awful. When Seo In Guk attempts to compliment him in return, the director pretends to ignore him as he points to the next location. Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young also practice the positioning of their hug, with Park Bo Young commenting that it’s just like the drama’s poster. Park Bo Young also grows jealous when Seo In Guk is complimented for his scene, telling the camera with a smile, “I want to be loved too.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476710wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-and-park-bo-young-struggle-with-strong-winds-during-kiss-scene-in-doom-at-your-service

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476710wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-and-park-bo-young-struggle-with-strong-winds-during-kiss-scene-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2

Park Bo Young Can’t Hide Her Longing For Seo In Guk In “Doom At Your Service”

7f00bdb9b6464e8e9685f1bd19a706b7.jpeg?s=

Jun 28, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” shared a glimpse of the next episode!

Spoilers

Previously, Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung had no choice but to separate due to their cruel fate. Before he vanished, he wished for her happiness, and she broke down in the rain.

On June 28, the drama unveiled new stills of Tak Dong Kyung at Myul Mang’s home. She looks around with longing, and her eyes are filled with emptiness. She gazes at a photo of them and attempts to put a smile on her face. However, she eventually starts to shed tears. Tak Dong Kyung discovers his phone that she had gotten for him, and she spots something on it that makes her stare at it for a long time. Viewers are curious why Tak Dong Kyung started to cry and what will happen now that Myul Mang is no longer in her world.

park-bo-young-12.jpg

park-bo-young-21.jpg

The drama’s production team revealed, “On June 28, the story after Myul Mang’s disappearance will unfold. Please watch the drama to see the ending of Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang’s affectionate romance that is involved in a cruel fate between life and death.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476945wpp/park-bo-young-cant-hide-her-longing-for-seo-in-guk-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 2

Key Points To Anticipate In The Final Episodes Of “Doom At Your Service”

48a93bf652e448e3b17f00363203af51.jpeg?s=

Jun 28, 2021
by L. Kim

There are only two episodes left of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service”!

Spoilers

Here are three points to look forward to as the story winds down to its end:

1. The aftermath of Myul Mang’s disappearance

What will happen now that Myul Mang is gone? Previously, Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung went forward with their love despite their harsh fate that one of them has to face death in the end. Eventually, Myul Mang disappeared after wishing Tak Dong Kyung happiness, and Tak Dong Kyung was left alone in the world without him. Tak Dong Kyung learned the meaning of true happiness after meeting Myul Mang, so viewers are curious about how her life will change now that he’s gone.

However, all hope is not lost. Sonyeoshin (Jung Ji So) previously shared that she would continue her life to see the “blooming flower,” which signifies Myul Mang. Viewers are curious if Myul Mang will be reborn when the flower in the pot blooms.

doom-at-your-service3.jpg

2. The new romance of Na Ji Na (Shin Do Hyun) and Cha Joo Ik (Lee Soo Hyuk)

Another key point to look forward to is the romance between Na Ji Na and Cha Joo Ik. Previously, Cha Joo Ik couldn’t help but be bothered about the fact that Na Ji Na was waiting endlessly for her first love Lee Hyun Kyu (Kang Tae Oh). In order to help her clear her mind, he gave her a sweet kiss. In episode 13, Na Ji Na asked Cha Joo Ik when he started to like her, and he replied, “From the beginning,” making her heart flutter. Na Ji Na also realized her feelings for him and kissed Cha Joo Ik when she was drunk. The two have confirmed that they like each other, so will they enter a relationship now?

doom-at-your-service-11.jpg

3. Happy ending or sad ending?

The biggest question is, will Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung get their happily ever after? Perhaps the love between a terminally ill mortal with only 100 days falling in love with and an immortal god in charge of destruction was doomed to have a sad ending from the very beginning. At the end of episode 14, Myul Mang pushed Tak Dong Kyung towards life as he claimed that he was only returning to where he used to be because he was created to make her happy. This raises question about their unpredictable ending and the result of their harsh fate.

Spoiler

doom-at-your-service-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476937wpp/key-points-to-anticipate-in-the-final-episodes-of-doom-at-your-service

Top 5 Viki K-Dramas To Check Out This Month

Jun 28, 2021
by U. Kim

July is just around the corner already! Before saying goodbye to June, take a look at the five K-dramas that were popular on Viki this month and should not be missed.

Doom at Your Service

In this fantasy romance drama, Myul Mang (Seo In Guk) is a supernatural being that causes everything he touches to vanish, and Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young) is a web novel editor who is suddenly diagnosed with a disease that gives her only 100 days to live. She wishes for doom (myulmang) on the entire world, but is instead found by the homonymous Myul Mang. They enter into a dangerous contract in which she will be allowed to live her dream life for 100 days. When time is up, her life will be taken without question, and if she breaks the contract, the person she loves most will die. But what if Myul Mang becomes her most beloved?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1476308wpp/top-5-viki-k-dramas-to-check-out-this-month

• Like 2

Doom at Your Service: Episode 13

by selena

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/DOOM13-00273.jpg

Fate works in funny ways — if it’s meant to be, then history will repeat itself no matter how hard you try to fight it. Despite our heroine’s deal with the goddess, our leads are back on each other’s radars and are determined to figure out their inexplicable connection.

EPISODE 13 RECAP

The elevator doors slide open to reveal Myeol-mang, who calls Dong-kyung by her name. Although they don’t know each other, they can tell that there’s an underlying connection. As Soo-ja rounds the corner, Dong-kyung pulls Myeol-mang into the elevator so that they can talk privately.

Hyun-kyu confronts Joo-ik, who admits to kissing Ji-na ten years ago so that she would leave instead of crying on their steps every day. He explains that he had to step in because Hyun-kyu was too embarrassed about his situation to see her.

Joo-ik shares that he’s being honest because Hyun-kyu is one of the few people he actually likes. Holding onto this secret was difficult. Hyun-kyu regrets everything and is annoyed that even in this situation, Joo-ik makes him feel worthless.

Doom at Your Service: Episode 14

by CandidClown

DoomE14-00239.jpg

Now that Doom and his lady have recovered their memories, they will have to face the fact that they can no longer run from their fate. Whether you’re a god or human, some things are inevitable. When the end comes, all you can do is decide how you want to spend your time: together, or apart.

EPISODE 14 RECAP

DoomE14-00014.jpg

After recovering their memories and finding one another again, Myeol-mang and Dong-kyung sit outside her apartment. She apologizes for making the deal to erase their memories. She had wanted to bear all the consequences herself, yet everything ended up the same. Myeol-mang jokes that he’s sorry too: For being so handsome that she fell for him again. Hur.

She asks what they should do now and Myeol-mang says they should finally accept their fate, acknowledging that nothing they do will change what is coming. Dong-kyung knows that this was he plan all along and he means to disappear and save her.

Dong-Kyung blames herself for starting all of this with her wish, but Myeol-mang insists she didn’t do anything wrong because it led to them meeting. If they hadn’t, he would have continued to be nothing. “I want to mean something to you.”

Returning to the hospital, they are met by Soo-ja who yells at Dong-kyung for leaving and admonishes Myeol-mang for being away for the last few days. Dong-kyung is surprised that everyone’s memories of Myeol-mang have returned. Then he shocks her further when by smoothly answering Soo-ja that he had some things to take care of, you know, before their wedding. (Say wut?!)

Hyun-kyu wallows over at the café after his failed first-of-three dates with Ji-na. Poor Sun-kyung is trying to piece together what happened with Ji-na through his boss’ mutterings about “her” kissing another man in the rain. Hyun-kyu finally sits up to clarify that he was dumped…and Sun-kyung gently lays him back down to continue moping.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2021/06/doom-at-your-service-episode-14/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I've dropped the laat 4 epiodes. So? Is ep 15 something to watch? Or skip? I got fed up with the indecisive writing even though I love the actors playing the main leads. They delivered their acting. I just couldn't stand the logic or writing.

I am no longer emotionally invested in this drama so will watch ep 15 if you think its watchable. I've just picked up ep 1 of " From a distance its spring." Its not even to my usual taste but needed something new.

It's not the sad ending I am worried about. It's whether the sad ending or ending is written and done well.

I love this series! I can't believe it's ending tomorrow.  I love the main couple! Ppl say it's boring, but I find it interesting. Some ppl say that scenes seem repeated, but that is bound to happen in some series. I feel like even though this series was thought to be a supernatural drama, but for me, it's really a melodramatic romance series about life and death and how sometimes even if someone does have the power to change certain things, there are rules to follow and you can't just do it. God is trying to save her and save him at the same time, so they need to follow the contract, but that doesn't mean they can't add something else to it.  Overall, I enjoyed it!

• Like 4

Hehe, second lead couple still makes me smile :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

I missed Seo In Guk in this ep, there weren't enough scenes of him :P I can't believe there's ONLY one more episode left, how can this be?!?! It really feels like there could be a happy ending, but I want to prepare my heart just in case... like c'mon, there's no way that it would be a sad ending, right?!?! Here's hoping that they both get to live happily together!!! 

• Blob 3

Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, Lee Soo Hyuk, And More Share Closing Comments On “Doom At Your Service”

Jun 29, 2021
by L. Kim

The cast of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has shared their final thoughts on the drama.

Park Bo Young impressed viewers once again with her portrayal of Tak Dong Kyung, who falls in love with a supernatural being and learns true happiness through him. The actress said, “I’m really sad that it’s time to let go of Tak Dong Kyung. It’s even sadder to say goodbye to the drama because the set was filled with happiness. ‘Doom at Your Service’ is a project that gave me time to ask myself about the meaning and direction of life. I hope it will remain as a meaningful drama for many people. I would like to sincerely thank the viewers for watching the story of Tak Dong Kyung who meets Myul Mang who came through her front door one day.”

park-bo-young6.jpg

Seo In Guk, who captivated viewers with his versatile charms as Myul Mang, commented, “We filmed for about six months from the first shooting, and when I look back, there were only happy memories. I learned a lot, I was so happy, and I was loved a lot, so I feel sad to say good-bye to ‘Doom at Your Service’ and I will think about it a lot. I’d like to thank everyone who gave me good memories and the viewers who supported and loved Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang. Thanks to the viewers, I was very happy. I wish you all happiness.”

seo-in-guk5.jpg

Lee Soo Hyuk made hearts flutter with his role as Cha Joo Ik, Tak Dong Kyung’s co-worker at the editing office of a web novel publishing company called Life Story and Na Ji Na’s (Shin Do Hyun’s) love interest. He thanked viewers who watched ‘Doom at Your Service’ and added, “I am grateful to the director, writer, and all the crew members for making Cha Joo Ik an attractive character. I was happy to take the role of Cha Joo Ik.”

lee-soo-hyuk1.jpg

Kang Tae Oh, who played Na Ji Na’s first love Lee Hyun Kyu, said, “I think every moment I filmed with good people in a good place will be remembered as a good memory. I was also happy to support the growth of the clumsy and young Lee Hyun Kyu. I’d like to thank the viewers, director, writer, staff members, and actors for watching Lee Hyun Kyu with me.”

Spoiler

kang-tae-oh1.jpg

Shin Do Hyun charmed viewers with her “girl crush” charms as Na Ji Na. She commented, “I still remember the excitement and nervousness I felt when I filmed with Park Bo Young unnie for the first time in the cold weather, but it’s already the end. I sincerely thank the viewers for being with me through the process of Na Ji Na’s growth and watching my shortcomings with a generous heart. It was an honor to play Na Ji Na. I will continue to be a good actress who can repay the viewers, director, writer, senior actors, fellow actors, and everyone who participated in the drama. I hope ‘Doom at Your Service’ answered some of the questions about life that you think about from time to time. Please always stay physically and emotionally healthy! Thank you!”

Spoiler

shin-do-hyun2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477132wpp/park-bo-young-seo-in-guk-lee-soo-hyuk-and-more-share-closing-comments-on-doom-at-your-service

• Like 1