[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

This last episode made me consider dropping this show, however I already committed 12 eps of time. I'll prob finish it, but with a lot of fast forwarding.

I did like the idol writer spelling out the plot we were seeing. That they lost their memory so that they can fall in love again proving they are fate. 

Regarding the side triangle:

At what point did Ji-na start liking Joo-ik? I feel like they didn't show that very well. Though I prefer him over the other guy. 

I think the three date idea is actually a good one, especially since they were both holding on. This way they can figure out if something is still there or its just lingering feelings they need to let go of. 

The main draw of this show is the chemistry between our leads, but the memory wipe is annoying and I hope it gets reversed soon. 

• Like 3

I almost liked the last 2 episodes, mainly because there was less of the main 2 characters.  The more they show of the supporting characters, and especially JI and JN, they better for me.  I do like PBY as an actress but I don't think her character is interesting or compelling. 

• Like 1

Just how long its been since this reset again? We have seen MM with different kind of clothes but he always carry his phone around and never see the wallpaper??

The memories is there, its not completely deleted and she still remember the name she gave him, the happy moments they have on the beach, SK still remember there is someone else DK date. 

Also this reset happen 3 times now. 

1. At the funeral

2. After they kissed in the rain

3. In this ep 12

It is a reset in their situation but the time still remains, in fact DK now only have 1 month to live with almost all happy memories gone (she still remember the feeling so not completely forgotten).

I wonder if they need to relive this so many times with only 4eps left. I hope it is not kind of endless reset until DK dies or suddenly DK take GD roles to become gardener. That will be too sad because this deity always born sick and suffer for human. 

About the preview, I don't really think its real, maybe just a dream when DK start to remember MM after bedridden and crying while holding his face. Seeing this drama development, I will just keep last 4 eps and marathon when it ends.

• Like 1

LOL the way he said (confessed) it in such a calm and composed manner :sweat_smile: 

"Do you like me...?"

E3-Xy69UcAIrmgh?format=jpg&name=4096x409E3-Xy69VgAULSpf?format=jpg&name=4096x409E3-Xy9NUUAETtQT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

E3-XzA8VoAEsp__?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Cred. owner

AND WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!!! He finally said it. We knew it but tbh I needed him to actually say it because it's kinda tough reading through his stoic expressions all the time LOL 

And JN is not fooling anyone. She likes him too. She's just too mixed up with her ex to notice it herself. We already have SK and DK point it out. It cannot be more obvious really. Also LOVE the idea of her using him as her new ML in her stories. It'd be really sweet if she confessed her feelings in the story rather than in person HAHA a true author-type confession :heart: and we know JI will be reading it as soon as she posts!!

• Like 4

Watch: Seo In Guk And Park Bo Young Have Heartwarming Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Doom At Your Service”

c023ecba5c484f7fbec4e046a1366bb8.jpeg?s=

Jun 16, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” released a new making-of video!

The fantasy romance is about an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myulmang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead, she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contact.

In the new behind-the-scenes video, Park Bo Young comes to work asking, “What is this wind? What is my hair?” Flipping her wind-blown hair, she comments, “It’s ruined!” When the staff member mentions how Park Bo Young wanted to fight the wind, Park Bo Young shares, “I lost. How dare I try to win against nature?” Meanwhile, Seo In Guk seems to have given in to the wind as he bounces happily. Park Bo Young adds, “He’s filming a music video,” as the wind continues to blow her hair into her face.

While saying the phrase, “Birthday wish,” Seo In Guk becomes self-conscious after the director tells him that he can hear his dialect. Seo In Guk gets silly while practicing multiple times. After successfully clearing the scene, Seo In Guk points to himself and states, “I’m from Seoul.”

Lee Soo Hyuk and Kang Tae Oh film at the batting cages, and Lee Soo Hyuk reveals that it’s his first time. However, Lee Soo Hyuk still manages to cleanly hit the ball. Surprised at the speed of the baseball, Lee Soo Hyuk asks Kang Tae Oh, “Do you see it? Can’t you not see the ball?” Lee Soo Hyuk comments, “I can’t believe the scenario is that I’m supposed to be good at this when it’s my first time.”

At first, Kang Tae Oh shares, “It’s really difficult.” However, although his character is supposed to be bad at baseball, Kang Tae Oh continuously hits the balls perfectly. The director complains, “We have to film the drama!” Kang Tae Oh shares, “This is really fun.” The director asks, “Why are you exercising?” and Kang Tae Oh replies that it’s a good stress reliever.

In a different clip, Shin Do Hyun reveals that Kang Tae Oh is teasing her by asking why her face is swollen. Kang Tae Oh shares, “You look really pretty even when you’re swollen. Really.”

At the café, Kang Tae Oh makes a mistake with his lines, and SF9’s Dawon asks, “Have you not worked at a café before?” Kang Tae Oh replies, “I told you I worked at a café for one year. It’s been so long, and it’s because I was nervous.” However, he makes another mistake, causing him to yell at Dawon, “I got confused because of you!”

Seo In Guk gets excited to see gummy snacks and tells the camera, “I’ll secretly [take some] later.” He asks the staff to leave out a bag for him later, and Park Bo Young eventually feeds Seo In Guk a piece of the snack as part of her ad-lib. After the director stops filming, Seo In Guk shares, “I only have Bo Young. The director can’t say anything since she fed me on camera.” Seo In Guk continues to express his gratitude by giving Park Bo Young the thumbs up nonstop.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474905wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-and-park-bo-young-have-heartwarming-chemistry-behind-the-scenes-of-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

It is sad waste of a great cast and potential!

Life Reaction GIF by Denyse®

Started out interesting and lost all good will and I just watched the latest two episodes— even the nice romantic scenes are mostly gone (the ending of ep 12 elevator/beach almost remembering scenes are the one I enjoy) and it is only watchable when you suspend some logic lol. It is a shame that the key message and philosophical themes got buried, and so many aimless scenes. 

I hope the writer seeks the feedback to improve future works. There are some parts that are still nice and interesting but when thrown together, it’s such as mess. I can’t believe we have 4 more episodes to go; manifesting some interesting developments and make use of the cast. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2

yeah, this is very sad. this was in the running to be my fave drama of all time up until ep 6, then, 7 - 11 had very slow developments. I appreciate that the writer was going through all the scenarios, but they would have been more interesting if there were actual things happening instead of just characters realizing things in their mind. more family interactions could have done it, or, more field trips with myul mang to see the end of things and learn lessons from there could have been the way to do it, heck, even more Dora scenes doing whatever it is that she actually does would have helped, instead, it felt like the writer got lazy and just left things to PBY and SIG's chemistry. this is in stark contrast to the always jampacked episodes of hotel del luna, which made you think a lot because things were shown instead of said. this is really sad, I was promoting this to friends and defending this online. I wish they just cut it to 12 episodes if they had nothing more to say.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

EP 11 Review:

Main Storyline - FF most of it, all they do is talk cute, stroll and eat, addon a random Kevin who is married to a native Korean wife who speaks in Korean and he does not understand it, Wonderful, that's what we needed for an already dragfest storyline. Nevermind. So Doom gets TDK back...Yayay....Happy Napoleon Dynamite GIF then.....FF..then TDK is distressed because her family is under wraps about her deadline and She has a choice to save world, herself her love her family, so Dora offers her a way out that Is she has to die but her destiny with Doom ends so he and world survives without any strings attached and she dies without any love to hold her back. Voila.....

11 Episodes , So much Tension between the Leads, no Perceptible Love story to hold on to. Is the Scriptwriter same person for main and SML storyline? The second one is done so good, I feel as if PBY/SIG were only hired to promote the 3 newcomers comparatively. Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

Second Storyline : Cha is on the verge of loosing his sanity because he does not really let his feelings out, meanwhile NJN wants to control her lifeline, everyone but her can see that she likes Cha but still has some feelings for LH, LH knows if he can't cut it with NJN he looses to Cha.

Cha describes that he brought up LH too close and he is getting a bit overwhelming, I get this feeling of his, He wants to date and Love NJN openly but because he has this obligation wherein he himself is responsible to twist their fate in some sense and because His friend likes /loves the same girl he cannot openly claim his emotions. He is boiling volcano and no one will understand his mindset, because it is twisted. 

LH is very very charming, but as a potential Man to a Woman he is acting like a Kid who wants his toy back. He sees his Hyun is distressed and also Knows the possibility that he may loose to him but then too he is ranting I will Win don't bother rants, its more to do with assuring himself and taking advantage of his Hyun's love for him.

NJN wants to test waters with LH because there are lingering emotions , I feel the idea to date 3 times on her own terms and conditions is A Good way to settle this weird net. But is it fruitful? NJN after self reflection and chastising from TDK and her brother finally ends up her novel with the looser ex as a hero midway and starts writing a new Novel , the new hero is based off of Cha, that is an indication which Man MAY win but Lets see further.

:eats2:

Highlight of the episode was:

1. TDK and NJN strolling and TDK stating her Ex has a smile that melts everyone's heart but that does not mean he is any less of a moron.

2. Cha saying with a bland face to his Boss , I already told you HEY you Him is not allowed to be spoken in front of me....ROFL this guy is Legit SAVAGE.

:hwaiting:

• Like 1

THEY HAVE A SONG NOW?!!

#ENDGAME :happydance:

E4DlgH-VUAEa1B7?format=jpg&name=large

cred. owner

I'm seeing so much hate for the love triangle rn. But honestly...you just know she's going to end up with JI. They have been building these two up since he attended the meeting with her on behalf of DK. So let’s just tone down on the hate okay…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blademan said:

I'm seeing so much hate for the love triangle rn. But honestly...you just know she's going to end up with JI. They have been building these two up since he attended the meeting with her on behalf of DK. So let’s just tone down on the hate okay…

Lol On the contrary I think for this show the Love triangle is the only Story Present here so discussions are more, the main leads have only chemistry nothing to get hooked on to as a Background or story for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, blademan said:

THEY HAVE A SONG NOW?!

Please tell me that although in this story his hero will get a girl, because Born Again just killed me, I did not expect such a turn. And here, indeed,  Cha Deserves Love Yes, sometimes he acted selfishly, but they are adults and she will choose. Although, I admit that in the end none of the guys will get a girl.

I was very pleased with the 12th episode.
I was afraid that the story would be repeated, but we were shown the characters differently, they are more positive and more decisive, the final scene is incredibly touching and tender.

На зображенні може бути: 2 людини

На зображенні може бути: 1 особа та текст «발라이vn 우 현관으로 멸망이 멸망이들어왔다»

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Doom at Your Service: Episode 11

by quirkycase

DaYS11-00493.jpg

Things don’t go according to plan for our heroine whose family isn’t about to let her run away that easily. Her loved ones are determined to provide the support she needs, even if she won’t ask for it. While our loving family spends some quality time together, the goddess takes a turn for the worst. But she has one last plan to put into motion before restarting her life cycle.

EPISODE 11

DaYS11-00004.jpg

After she cries it out, Dong-kyung and Myeol-mang sit by her little house. She thinks back to her childhood. When little Sun-kyung used to ask where their parents went, she’d say they went to the heavens. She didn’t have an answer for why, though.

Later, she decided they returned from whence they came. Since the stars were the beginning of life, it’s the starting point for all of us. Myeol-mang observes that means everyone gets to reunite in death, and there’s no eternal parting.

He offers Dong-kyung her bracelet back, but she takes his hand instead. They sit in companionable silence. Meanwhile, the goddess waters her newly sprouted flower bud.

DaYS11-00073.jpg

At LifeStory, CEO Park storms in, demanding they make Ji-na apologize to the sleazy writer. His ranting doesn’t faze Joo-ik who refuses to call Ji-na in and instead tells CEO Park to deduct the laptop fee from his low salary.

Joo-ik has had enough of CEO Park’s lecturing and childish behavior and announces he’s quitting. CEO Park thinks he’s bluffing and wonders how he’ll survive. “You act like your father owns the building.” Joo-ik retorts that his father does own the building. With that, he leaves.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/06/doom-at-your-service-episode-11/

• Like 2

EP 12 Review :

Cha is restless and wants to read chapter 2 of the story Writer Lee Hyeon wrote, but she is Mia, he himself visits NJN and wants a straightforward answer so he can either steal her from his friend or be an unrequited Lover. NJN is all overwhelmed. I like his straightforwardness , saves some Noble Idiocy track here.

Meanwhile LHK discovers that there is a writer LH who coincidently writes about him and NJN's story. Again our scholar Bro T figures out that LH is His name so what is he blabbering about Lee Hyeon!! I swear people in Love are dumb and people around them are much smarter IRL as well.

:crazymad:

LH and NJN go on a date and discover they are not the high school selves they knew about.NJN refuses to let LH read her previous stories and when he wants to read the new1 she does not know what to answer. Its complicated now Lol.

Kim Tan v/s Lee Gon who will writer Kim Eun Sook choose lol

:idk:

TDK chooses to forget Doom so Dora erases Doom off of TDK and everyone's memory but they still have a deja vu feeling, what she does not take into account is Technology and Skin memory. Doom is back to evil Doom (I prefer this version, love dog Doom is bore af)...Logic is a bit off:

1. Why does TDK not question where did a random red thread come to her hands, and why does she wear it?

2. Why has Doom Never checked his Mobile Phone?

3. Heck why did Bro T not seen his phone? There was a Selfie of a Blonde looking BF with TDK who is not her ex (who makes a very random comeback this ep for no good reason)

4. WHERE DID KEVIN GO??

:rip:

TDK is her peppier version this time around. Doom eventually after series of weird things including how his face remains unchanged in front of TDK figures out that Dora did something , Dora accepts and finds that the plant bloomed flowers, the fate between Doom and TDK remains but maybe only for 30 days. Also Doom again wanted to manipulate TDK into accepting his contract so he can end the world her and him. Dear Doom IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT. Urghhh whatever.

:doggie:

Highlights:

1. Nam Dareum's encounter with Doom and TDK, Why do I feel he is a higher God, he keeps on indicating he is some sort of Luck or gamechanger and the moment he comes some climax situation happens. Or maybe I just read more into it, This guy can act good and is a relief to boredom in some places.

2. NJN and TDK's interaction, they are just very natural BFF annoyed by lack of Love and their height diff is very cute too. :D

Hmmmm ep 11 was kind of boring but ep 12 was a bit more interesting. But I must say, if the deity was going to change their fate, it doesn't seem like she did a very thorough job? I mean at least try to remove traces of each other's existence... and also she deliberately told Dong Kyung to go to the rooftop knowing full well that Doom will be there...  XD I'm also a bit confused what her stance is, like does she want them to be together in the end? But then why did she even offer to remove them from each other's fate? 

I did like the parts with Dong Kyung and the writers (both the young one and the older one)...very sweet to see her relationship with others. I found it really funny how the background music changed when the young prince writer met Doom at the front of the hospital and like epic music started playing loool they're natural enemies haha 

And the date with Hyun Kyu and NJN....sooooooo awkward. I think they had to have it just to remind us how passé their relationship was...they don't know anything about each other anymore. I am rooting for team leader Cha, although his demeanor is stone cold as always. I found it somewhat hilarious how he basically confessed in the most nonchalant way. I would be kinda annoyed too, if I were NJN, but because it was Lee Soo Hyuk he can pull it off and I would forgive him <3 I'm glad that he finally admitted to his feelings so she knows what his stance is. NJN has to choose team leader, right? XD 

• Like 2

Doom at Your Service: Episode 12

by quirkycase

DaYS12-00941.jpg

Our heroine makes a choice that switches things up, but maybe not quite as much as she’d hoped. She tries to stay optimistic about her situation and focuses on her health as she develops a worrying potential symptom. Meanwhile, our pessimistic lead encounters a couple of people who remind him exactly why he’s never been fond of humanity.

EPISODE 12

We open on Myeol-mang stalking through a dank building toward a man who plans on committing arson. Myeol-mang arrives in time to catch the lighter before it touches the gasoline-soaked ground. The man tries to fight him, which obviously doesn’t go well.

The man is a budding serial killer who’s already murdered animals and is upping his game. Myeol-mang doesn’t get why the goddess won’t get rid of scum like him. He torments the man a bit and then force feeds him some of the poisoned cat food from the man’s bag.

While Myeol-mang meets with the goddess at the hospital, Dong-kyung meets with Doctor Jung who briefs her on the treatment plan. She’s being admitted to the hospital the next day. Dong-kyung is sure she had her reasons for taking so long to decide on treatment, only she can’t remember them now. They assume her memory loss is a system of her tumor.

When Dong-kyung gifts him some apples she bought on the street, Doctor Jung sighs that she should be living more selfishly. He wants her to live freely and for herself, although he appreciates what a kind person she is.

n the goddess’s room, Myeol-mang is back to his resentful self, complaining about humans. The goddess smiles sadly when Myeol-mang asserts there’s not a single human that is likeable or pitiable. “I’m sorry,” she says without further explanation

In the hallway, Dong-kyung and Myeol-mang unknowingly reenact their first meeting. They bump into each other, and he steadies her. She’s dazzled by his handsome face, and he replies, “I know I’m handsome, but I’m busy.” After she walks away, Myeol-mang pauses and looks back at her for a moment before going on his way.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/06/doom-at-your-service-episode-12/

5 Bittersweet Lines From Episodes 11-12 Of “Doom At Your Service” That Broke Our Hearts

8e5b4812f7884f27b172fbf4df05de18.jpeg?s=

Jun 20, 2021
by shalini

Doom At Your Service” veers off into murky waters this week as Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young) discovers that there is no running away from fate. Her sweet respite with Myeol Mang (Seo In Guk) is abruptly cut short by a hasty decision with long-lasting consequences. Sonyeoshin’s (Jung Ji So) plans have never been more obscure. If this relationship is so doomed, then why does she keep watering that flower? Why does she keep fighting for it, while pushing it back? Is it purely like she told Dong Kyung that the obstacles are what keep love going? Maybe she truly has something planned for the only butterfly in her garden of flowers. Here are five bittersweet lines from this week’s episodes that broke our hearts.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 11-12 below.

1. “I’m still growing up”

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young41.gif

Seeing Dong Kyung and Myeol Mang spend the whole day together and discuss the mundane is bittersweet precisely because they’re so happy and normal. She talks about how she met Na Ji Na (Shin Do Hyun), her relationship with her aunt Kang Soo Ja (Woo Hee Jin), and her brother Tak Sung Kyung (Dawon), and he just listens, looking so charmed and in love.

But the hardest part of their date has to be when he teases her for taking on adult responsibilities as a child, asking if she sees herself as finally all grown-up now. And there’s this magical moment where the world holds still as Dong Kyung laughs that she’s still growing up.

And it’s so heartbreaking because they both know that those days are numbered. She’ll never see how much she could have grown and neither will he. Because right now, it seems there’s nothing Dong Kyung can do. It feels like her fate has been sealed.

2. “I’m not alone anymore” and “Forgive me”

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young1.gif

Myeol Mang’s been alone for heaven (quite literally) only knows how long. Sonyeoshin is the closest thing he has to a friend and their differing philosophies don’t exactly make them bosom buddies.

He’s so happy to have Dong Kyung with him, someone who actually gets why he feels so despondent and understands his perspective and the innate misery of his job and existence. She knows all of him and still loves him, and he’s so excited about that. What makes this so bittersweet is that we know he’s going to be alone very, very soon, if Dong Kyung dies. These beautiful memories they’re making are all the more precious for their transience, but that doesn’t change the fact that only Myeol Mang will suffer through the centuries, mourning the only woman he loved.

“Forgive me” is another devastating line for so many reasons. Myeol Mang isn’t someone who apologizes. He didn’t even apologizes after purposefully putting Dong Kyung through hell on that rooftop so many episodes go. But he sweetly says “forgive me” after having ratted Dong Kyung out to her very worried family and to Ji Na. This is proof of how far Myeol Mang has come from the human-hating, mass of hatred and depression of the first few episodes. He dines with Dong Kyung’s family, chops onions for Soo Ja, and is treated like one of them with Soo Ja even putting food on his plate.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1467717wpp/5-bittersweet-lines-from-episodes-11-12-of-doom-at-your-service-that-broke-our-hearts

• Like 1

Watch: Shin Do Hyun Gives A Tour Of The “Doom At Your Service” Set And Reflects On Life As Web Novelist

0a7f0583ab1f42bc9327895846f11ee9.jpeg?s=

Jun 20, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s latest making-of video for “Doom at Your Service” gives viewers an in-depth look at Shin Do Hyun’s character!

“Doom at Your Service” tells the story of an ordinary woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who calls for ruin (myul mang) upon the world when she finds out she only has 100 days to live. Instead, she gets Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), the mysterious god of death and destruction, who offers her a dangerous contract.

The video begins with Shin Do Hyun introducing the home of her character Na Ji Na, who is a web novelist. After introducing her messy desk and bookshelf, she moves to the kitchen, where she jokes that it’s clean since she doesn’t use it much. Shin Do Hyun moves on to the rest of her apartment, pointing out various interesting items on the set.

Shin-Do-Hyun-1.jpg

Sitting behind her desk, Shin Do Hyun pretends to get to work as Na Ji Na, but she mutters to herself, “When I work, I think I’ll end up staring into space.” When asked what she thinks of the work-life balance of a web novelist, Shin Do Hyun reasons that it wouldn’t be great since she would have an unhealthy pattern of waking up and sleeping whenever she wanted.

Explaining more about the personality of her character, Shin Do Hyun says, “People might think that authors would wear tracksuits, but I dress up and immerse myself in the main character of my novel while I work.” Shin Do Hyun then reveals that her character gets inspiration from her own experiences, but that her novel isn’t doing very well.

Shin Do Hyun then visits Park Bo Young on set to ask her how she can hit it big as a web novelist. Park Bo Young cutely responds, “You need to forget about your first love and move on. Don’t be tied down by the past.” Back at her desk, Shin Do Hyun wonders if she should change the male lead in her story.

Still in character as Na Ji Na, she explains that she prefers men who are kind and smell nice. She adds, “However, I seem to be drawn to bad guys who ghost me or run away.”

Shin Do Hyun also leaves video messages in character for Lee Soo Hyuk, who plays the leader of the editorial team Cha Joo Ik, and Kang Tae Oh, who plays Cha Joo Ik’s roommate Lee Hyun Kyu. To Lee Soo Hyuk, she says, “You promised you’d help me become a success, but will you actually make it happen? Since you said you’d make me succeed, you have to keep your promise.”

To Kang Tae Oh, she says, “To my first love Hyun Kyu. In our third year of high school, you passed by me smelling like soap. Lee Hyun Kyu, please live a good life. Please live a good life!”

Shin Do Hyun then waves goodbye to the camera as she wraps up the video, asking for viewers’ continued support in the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475564wpp/watch-shin-do-hyun-gives-a-tour-of-the-doom-at-your-service-set-and-reflects-on-life-as-web-novelist