[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

Watch: Seo In Guk And Park Bo Young Can’t Stop Laughing Behind The Scenes Of “Doom At Your Service”

b4ce2e74a7a2408eaed2e6872778819e.jpeg?s=

May 23, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has revealed another behind-the-scenes look at some scenes from the drama!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

The behind-the-scenes video begins on school grounds, where Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk transform into high school students for the scene. Park Bo Young jokes about the handkerchief her character happens to have, saying it feels too fake.

When Seo In Guk appears on set, the pair start joking about being high school students, even announcing what year and class they’re in. Seo In Guk points out that this is the first time he’s wearing a school uniform since his drama “High School King” before turning to Park Bo Young and saying, “You wear school uniforms a lot, don’t you?” Park Bo Young laughs as she comments, “I need to stop wearing them,” and they both mention how embarrassed they feel.

Next, Seo In Guk practices the motion he’ll make when stopping the ball from hitting Park Bo Young’s character during the scene. Holding his hand in front of her face, Seo In Guk tells the staff, “Please throw it here. No matter where you throw it, I’m going to put my hand here,” causing Park Bo Young to jokingly call out to the staff for help. When the ball ends up landing far away from the both of them, Seo In Guk belatedly stretches his hand out and they both break into laughter.

Seo-In-Guk-Park-Bo-Young4.jpg

Seo In Guk then practices his expression during the scene, and the director comedically reads out the directions in the script as he tells him, “Please act out, ‘It looks as if he is looking at her with wavering eyes but his gaze cools off in an instant.'” Park Bo Young lets out an exclamation of surprise and tells him, “Please do this with computer-generated effects.” However, Seo In Guk pulls off the specific expression to make the scene perfect.

The next scene shows Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young on set at the publishing company, where Park Bo Young impresses him with her typing speed. As she continues to type, Seo In Guk keeps his eyes glued to the screen, amazed that she can type so fast with minimal typos. They then work together to look over the lines for their scene, getting along well as Seo In Guk even makes his own background music.

SF9’s Dawon, who plays Tak Dong Kyung’s brother Tak Sun Kyung, joins them for the next scene in Tak Dong Kyung’s house. Seo In Guk laughs at Dawon’s posture, saying he looks like an elder with his foot crossed on top of his leg. When the staff brings snacks to the table, Seo In Guk eats one with a sly smile, while Park Bo Young chews on the snacks in contentment. Turning to look back at the camera, she says, “This is the life.”

During a scene where Tak Sun Kyung leaves the house, he makes the remaining actors burst into laughter with his constant replies while they call out to him. The trio show great synergy as they continue to film together, but Dawon suddenly stops and says, “Let’s do it one more time,” to which Seo In Guk laughs in amusement.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1470661wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-and-park-bo-young-cant-stop-laughing-behind-the-scenes-of-doom-at-your-service

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Doom at Your Service: Episode 4

by quirkycase

DaYS04-00986.jpg

Our heroine is determined to make her plan work and tries every method she can think of to create a spark between her and her disgruntled new love interest. But the gap between them may be larger than she anticipated, and her gloomy beau is determined to keep it that way. The closer she gets, the more he lashes out, testing her limits and shaking her resolve.

EPISODE 4

After Dong-kyung’s proclamation that she’ll love Myeol-mang, he asks if they should kiss. She scoffs at that and vows that she won’t forget what he did today and will make sure to pay him back in kind.

He wonders if she’s talking about him almost killing her or saving her. “Both,” she replies. Dong-kyung opens her door and tells him to come in. Or he can run away.

That night, Dong-kyung brings out her bedding and lays it out on the floor. She tells him they should start sleeping next to each other. Frustrated, Myeol-mang claims that humans can only want or resent him, but not love him. Dong-kyung promises she’ll prove him wrong “because I have to.”

Myeol-mang invites her into his room and tells her not to regret her decision. Dong-kyung says it doesn’t matter since she’s dying anyway. They lie back-to-back on his bed, and Dong-kyung asks what he’s thinking. He’s irritated that a “lowly” human is so arrogant. What about her?

Dong-kyung is thinking she’s crazy for throwing herself off the roof. She remembers how “cold and scary” Myeol-mang’s eyes were earlier. But still, his back is warm against hers.

Sometime in the night, Dong-kyung flips around so she’s facing Myeol-mang. He watches her sleep and goes to touch her face when her brow furrows. Myeol-mang pulls his hand back and thinks about what the goddess said about his sympathy.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/doom-at-your-service-episode-4/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Seo In Guk Talks About Going To Work On “Doom At Your Service” After “Pipeline,” His Music Career, And More

039316af7bbd43b2b19906d9427b0919.jpeg?s=

May 24, 2021
by C. Hong

Actor Seo In Guk participated in an interview for the release of his new film “Pipeline.”

“Pipeline” is a heist movie about a group of thieves who risk life and limb for an oil heist in the hopes of turning their lives around. Seo In Guk stars as Pindol, the best drilling technician in Korea, and Lee Soo Hyuk co-stars as Gun Woo, the rich mastermind behind the plot.

Seo In Guk said, “Even though Pindol is a criminal, I was attracted to how confident he was in his technical skills. He thinks fast and has a sharp temper. I’m also the type to think fast, but I’m not as fast as Pindol. I need some time to organize my thoughts and sometimes I space out, but Pindol doesn’t have that side to him at all. I want to be as quick at grasping a situation as he is.”

Seo In Guk and Lee Soo Hyuk are also starring together in the drama “Doom at Your Service.” Seo In Guk in particular is known for making physical transformations for a new acting role. He said, “I didn’t change my physique much for ‘Pipeline.’ He’s someone who works down in the dirt, in caves and in mines. Pindol does fuss over his appearance when he wears fancy suits and watches, but that’s just to hide the fact that he works in a mine.”

He went on, “But in ‘Doom at Your Service,’ I play a character who isn’t human, so I wanted him to look particularly sharp. I was around 73 kilograms (161 pounds) for ‘Pipeline’ and I dropped to about 68 kilograms (150 pounds) for ‘Doom at Your Service.’ I also tried to find an unusual hair color for him as well.”

About working with Park Bo Young in “Doom at Your Service,” he said, “It was fun spending six months with her, and I learned a lot. I think she’s an amazing actor. Her attitude on set, her expression of her character, her quick understanding of the director’s instructions, and her refreshing, bright energy were all great to see.”

About working again with Lee Soo Hyuk, he said, “We weren’t able to get close when we first worked together in ‘High School King of Savvy.’ Our characters were on guard against each other, so we didn’t spend much time together off set. But after the drama ended, we met up in person and played games and ate together and worked out together and became closer. He’s actually quite cute and chatty. He gets his happiness from making others laugh. It’s a totally different image from what you see on TV.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471023wpp/seo-in-guk-talks-about-going-to-work-on-doom-at-your-service-after-pipeline-his-music-career-and-more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Watch: “Doom At Your Service” Cast Has Hilarious Chemistry For Competitive Quiz Game

8d7503dd0dc44b5282ed8c1fe5318e1f.jpeg?s=

May 25, 2021
by S. Nam

The cast of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” test their knowledge on the drama!

The video begins with a simple game in which the cast members take turns stating one syllable of the drama’s title at a time. Kang Tae Oh accidentally gets confused about his turn at first, but given a second chance, he easily wins the game.

When the interview officially begins, the actors take turns briefly introducing each other. Park Bo Young describes Lee Soo Hyuk’s character as someone who wavers in the face of new love, but she hesitantly asks afterwards, “Is that wrong?”

Kang Tae Oh shares, “To describe Na Ji Na (played by Shin Do Hyun), who is next to me, her last name is Na, and she is a web novelist whose name is Na Ji Na.” He continues to describe her in length, but all of it is edited out because it contains spoilers. Kang Tae Oh asks, “Am I not allowed to say that?” and Seo In Guk comments, “Are you not going to go home?” Lee Soo Hyuk suggests that he starts over from where he explained Na Ji Na’s last name is Na, only for Kang Tae Oh’s explanation to be censored again because of spoilers.

The cast plays a memorization game, and Lee Soo Hyuk acts extremely tense the first round. He shares, “I was really nervous.” Seo In Guk copies Lee Soo Hyuk’s tense expression, and Kang Tae Oh comments, “This is more nerve-racking than the press conference.” When Seo In Guk gets eliminated in the third round after Kang Tae Oh and Lee Soo Hyuk are eliminated, Lee Soo Hyuk asks, “Don’t you feel at ease?” Eventually Park Bo Young emerges as the final victor.

In the quiz portion of the interview, Shin Do Hyun guesses correctly the five dramas Park Bo Young starred in including “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Oh My Ghostess,” “Abyss,” “Doom at Your Service,” and “The King and I.”

Having to guess everyone’s agency, Seo In Guk comments, “Quickly, someone sacrifice themselves.” Lee Soo Hyuk gets close to the answer, but instead of guessing Seo In Guk’s agency correctly, he asks, “Do you want to join our agency?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471040wpp/watch-doom-at-your-service-cast-has-hilarious-chemistry-for-competitive-quiz-game

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wallowing in dark feelings is sometimes a way to get over them. Gives us time to accept. For MM, it’s eternal since he is the darkness. I looked up the book he was reading on the couch in one of the scenes- The Black Leaf in my Mouth - out of curiosity and saw that it was about gloom and despair. How fitting. The author of the book comes from a background that lets him experience all those things.  And perhaps writing helps to release the burden.  MM manifests all those things and yet he reads about them... ultimately also to relieve his burden?

But he has a better way.

The conversation MM had with DK on the hill when they were watching a wedding procession confirmed for me that he had been subconsciously looking for a release from his indifference/depressing job. His search, through a lot of denial, doubting then clarifying (encouraged by the girl deity in the ambulance), culminated in one outcome- he found DK to be the right one to help him.

I liked that scene a lot. Looks like he took the observe-and-understand task DK gave him seriously and passed with flying colors...and he is on the path to becoming more human, and seeing the light (of/from DK, no less).

I am curious - when her 100 days are up, will she become his balance, like a Mrs Not-so-Doom to his Mr Doom? 

I like that they instinctively know how to press each other’s buttons. One glance say a lot. Questions unasked get answered. 

One odd thought, we’re treated to close ups of his mole often. Such moles, in my part of the world, are not lucky ones to have since they’re believed to bring sadness. Wonder if that’s what the drama is thinking about too or it’s just me. :crazymad:

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Blob 2

1 hour ago, blademan said:

This “non-kiss” was EVERYTHING !!!

Cred. owner

heh...there was that tension in the air but it surprised me.

I wonder why she turned away when she asked for it. Or did I hear wrongly?
Didn’t she also invite him to her house for “ramyeon” in an earlier episode? Nothing happened. 

:emmm:

Testing limits...ours or his? Keke.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Lock Eyes In The Pouring Rain In “Doom At Your Service”

140dff8a9ec74e69ac7c1c693a59105a.jpeg?s=

May 25, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

Previously on the drama, Myul Mang stopped denying his feelings for Tak Dong Kyung and started to express his sincerity towards her. He was certain that she would never be able to fall for someone like him, but with his recent change of mind, he told her, “Be the first human to love me.” As a result, viewers are curious about whether their relationship will change or not.

In the newly released stills, Myul Mang and Tak Dong Kyung have a tender moment in the rain. It appears as if he came to the bus stop just in time for her to come home from work. They gaze each other in silence, and the yearning between them makes hearts flutter. In one photo, the two characters stand under the pouring rain, but despite the fact that they’re getting soaked to the bone, they are only focused on each other. Curiosity is mounting over the reason why they are facing each other in the rain.

seo-in-guk8.jpg

Spoiler

park-bo-young6.jpg

park-bo-young-seo-in-guk6.jpg

The drama’s production crew hinted, “In today’s episode, Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang’s emotions will rush towards each other. The story of human Tak Dong Kyung and the supernatural figure Myul Mang, who seep into each other’s hearts without knowing, will make viewers’ hearts throb. Please keep an eye on them.”

• Like 3

Ooo~so much flirting eheh. In Guk continues to be so sexy. Ha-ha at Dong Kyung naming him "Kim Human" ahahahah!!! 

Looks like there's a love triangle brewing between Joo Ik-Ji Na-Hyun Gyu.. 

Myul Mang is starting to soften, be gentle towards Dong Kyung. There's a lot of spirituality involved when it comes to fantasy genres as this.

I just couldn't take Sung Kyung seriously when he cries like a baby! Moreso when Myul Mang turned the car and he fell on the car seat hah. Though he was strapped to a seat belt.. hmm. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3