larus

So @rita96 I've got some news about our ship lol

JTBC posted this video yesterday and an angel translated everything they said in the comments.

Here's is what Kim Bum and Ryu Hye Young said about Joon Hwi and Sol A relationship:

"Q. Romance between JH and SA? 
HY: For solving the events in drama, we see the same purpose and struggle for it but sometimes the writer put some scenes like "oh, this scene is romance or... greenlight?". Well, we are just focusing on solving problems, so that kind of scene does not shown well. 
KB: No. Relationship between SA and HJH, as you all will know by watching until the end, over like love between man and woman, we are kind of soulmate who care each other's hurts and help to get through one's situation. So, is it going to be shown as love or friendship, is going to be seen later until the final. "

I think that we'll see them being partners with small hints of flirting/romance during the whole drama, then in the end (last episode probably), they will show us that they probably became a couple in the future. I'm not saying that this is gonna happen for sure but I think it has high chances of happening considering what Kim Bum said in the end his answer. I think this is acceptable since romance is not one of the main genres of this drama.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Unsure what to make of this show still but will stick through it - definitely seems very Murder on the Orient Express so far.

Sol A's friend with the boyfriend who was wearing sunglasses in ep 4 - not sure if already discussed but in episode 3 I believe, the fat guy with glasses and the dead uncle in a flashback are in a car and the fat guy (apologise for the slightly offensive term but cannot remember who his character is) talks about how he doesn't like the idea of giving a speech to the school as his son didn't get in, even though his girlfriend did.

Does anyone think this girlfriend is the friend? And is the fat guy not the guy that the uncle was accused of bribing/was involved in that? (am I off here? the jumping around is confusing me).

I think every week we'll get motivations from different characters and I feel like hers will revolve around this - maybe the uncle was thinking of turning himself in or something along those lines, the guy heard about it and had his son coerce his gf into doing something. The relationship she has with her "boyfriend" seems very odd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paolaadl said:

So @rita96 I've got some news about our ship lol

JTBC posted this video yesterday and an angel translated everything they said in the comments.

Why!!!! Hahaha. But like you said romance is not the main genre. And atleast till now the mystery seems interesting enough to keep us hooked. I guess will have to make do with the 'flirtatious' moments and then search for FMVs on Youtube of the two/Insta edits. LOL. Anyways, fingers crossed- atleast the finale could give hints of a romantic ending. Thank you so so much for sharing this. The struggle of international fans with lack of translated stuff on some of our favorite stars is real.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, anony12345 said:

Unsure what to make of this show still but will stick through it - definitely seems very Murder on the Orient Express so far.

I had thought about that theory too, like they're all guilty (or a certain one of them, and they know it), and they're trying to cover their tracks, they all hated this man. in any case, we'll see

• Like 3

Law School: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

by Anisa

LawSchool0304-00058.jpg

Things get even more tangled, as the murder case goes from having one suspect to two. Meanwhile, gossip and speculation run rife on campus, the real world continuing to intrude into the classroom in very uncomfortable ways. As usual, almost everyone is lying, and each reveal tells us more about what makes each character tick.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

These episodes were as full of twisty and fast-paced developments as last week’s, and now we know the characters better, I find myself quite invested! I was glad to see that Joon-hwi’s enigmatic withholding was simply part of his plan to divert suspicion from Jong-hoon. His private disappointment and grief over his uncle came across really well in these two episodes. And color me fully unsurprised at his aunt’s shady scheme to steal Joon-hwi’s inheritance—it was obvious she cared more about the money than her dead husband. I’m only sad that he’d already signed away his share by the time Jong-hoon exposed her.

I LOVED Sol A acing Jong-hoon’s questions—and his exam!—after we saw her incredibly rough start with him in Episode 1. She seems to be the kind of student who only applies herself when she cares, and she’s become highly motivated to do well in Jong-hoon’s class. We also got more of her backstory, and as expected, her twin sister Dan is either dead or just missing, and Sol seems to be attending Hankook Law in place of her sister.

LawSchool0304-00001.jpg

That meet-cute fleecing in the bookstore probably means Sol A and Joon-hwi are endgame. Sucks to be Sol B, since it’s unclear whether Joon-hwi returns her obvious crush. (And Sol B’s username AnotB confirms exactly the disgruntled vibes we picked up on last week! I laughed. Although it became less funny once I saw her nightmare of a mother.)

Speaking of the other students, we’re getting to know them better. SEO JI-HO (Lee David) keeps his cards to himself, but is gunning for Joon-hwi’s top spot. There’s something off about former med student YOO SEUNG-JAE (Hyun Woo)—why does he have Sol B’s computer, and how many stolen laptops are there around here? Perhaps it wasn’t the best idea to give everyone identical ones. JEON YE-SEUL (Go Yoon-jung) seems shadowed by an abusive boyfriend while MIN BOK-KI (Lee Kang-ji) looks puppyishly on. Then there’s vulture-like JO YE-BUM (Kim Min-seok), who takes pleasure in spreading malicious gossip.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/04/law-school-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 4/24/2021 at 10:36 AM, dzareth said:

Is it just me or is there others who are confused by the back-and-forth timeline?

Wasn't the female lecturer pregnant?

I generally like the acting and the mystery but I'm slightly disappointed by the over-exagerration of Kim Sol A's body language. So typical for the "kind, principled" female heroine.

Same thought. 

I would've enjoyed watching it with less flashbacks or they've done it one at a time. I feel like every change of scene there's flashback..I keep getting confused.

I might drop watching if this kind of editing continues. 

I think the female lecturer had miscarriage after Lee Man Ho's visit. 

Kim Sol A's body language? Hmmmm. In what way?

• Like 1

Ji Ho gets on my nerves. His whole face just radiates envy/superiority. I don't see why he thinks he's judge, jury and executioner, and he's obsessed with the late Professor Seo. Why. There is some backstory to this, I know. 

Also the past/present timeline confuses me, especially in relation to the broken glasses. 

I'm sad that Joonhwi gave up on his inheritance. He seems to have no parents to support him. Just an evil witch aunt who acts the grieving wife, while she is a scheming B :) Not sure if she actually killed her husband, but she definitely is profiting from his death.

Off topic: How come Kang Sol B is coined B, when she was in law school first, even introduced the class at the ceremony?

Also I knew Joonhwi was using reverse psychology on that bad guy haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yvonne Marie said:

Kim Sol A's body language? Hmmmm. In what way?

These type of characters are always sprinting around until they are breathless. So breathless when they make sudden stop they need to bow to catch their breaths. Change it a bit!

There are also several other body movement so similar of these kind of characters. Show some ingenuity please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Off topic: How come Kang Sol B is coined B, when she was in law school first, even introduced the class at the ceremony?

Not 100% sure of this, but I think it’s because of their age. Based on ep4, it seems that Sol A is older than Sol B, and since S.Korea is a hierarchical country, it would make sense to name the older person as “A”.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Super excited for the 5th and 6th episodes. Now there will be a big twist of event. Kang Sol B will be the star of the coming episodes.

Although KSB is a cold character, for some reason I emphatize with her character, maybe because the way her eomma dealt with her.  

Dont know what will happen to her once her Mom  finds out about her dissertation accused / proved to be owned by Yangcrates. 

:cries:

8 hours ago, Yvonne Marie said:

would've enjoyed watching it with less flashbacks or they've done it one at a time. I feel like every change of scene there's flashback..I keep getting confused.

I might drop watching if this kind of editing continues. 

Imho, that's what so interesting with me, the FLASHBACKs. In that way, my mind need to focus. This kind of drama is like Stranger 1. Full of enigmatic twists but for some reasons make it more charming. 

On 4/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, paolaadl said:

news about our ship

I think there will be a love triangle here among Joonhwi, SolA and SolB.

:crazily:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 4/25/2021 at 9:11 PM, Sakurafairy said:

I think there will be a love triangle here among Joonhwi, SolA and SolB.

:crazily:

On 4/24/2021 at 6:20 PM, paolaadl said:

I think that we'll see them being partners with small hints of flirting/romance during the whole drama, then in the end (last episode probably), they will show us that they probably became a couple in the future. I'm not saying that this is gonna happen for sure but I think it has high chances of happening considering what Kim Bum said in the end his answer. I think this is acceptable since romance is not one of the main genres of this drama.

Today's episode was all about JH smiling at Sol A- I would say swooning, but don't want to jinx it. And with Sol B getting a glimpse of it in the civil law class- if not a love triangle but a jealousy trope is sure on the cards.

Have to say though this ep was owned by SolB. Such an enduring character- I hope she is quickly cleared of suspicion cause she deserves the love and warmth of friends more than any one! Her story reminds me of Sky Castle.

Also anyone have any theories on Kang Dan? Does Yangcrates know that she is SolA's sister? If she is missing then why isn't SolA interested in finding her?

• Like 7

Wow Kang Sol B's dad is the vice-dean??`??? Everyone knows about Joonhwi and Prof Seo as uncle, but I'm guessing this relationship is secret? and her mom screaming while kang sol a is in the room........ AWKWARD. never understand the mums who do these things. they're all about reputation yet embarass their own child. 

Now there's the whole plagiarism issue. Prof. Seo is used as scapegoat for everything now and that honestly sickens me. Plagiarism is a serious issue with me, worse than theft. Kang Seol B has so many issues, her mum makes things even worse. She is scary. Yeah she has so much pressure on her shoulders, but she started off well in life: got the riches, the "right" parents. She could have decided not to go to law school. Of course, parental pressure prevented that. But all of that doesn't excuse plagiarising. 

Joonhwi just smiles at everyone and helps out everyone, his darkness must be hidden inside, whereas his roommate can't even hide disdain and superiority. 

It's strange of course that all the documents are shared with everyone, some of whom are suspects. But I suppose Yangcrates does all of this with meaning. 

Every episode ends with new suspect :D

• Like 6

Kang Sol B's mom is insufferable I was cheering when she told her to swallow those pills. I wasn't surprised that the vice-dean turned out to be her dad.

Joonhwi always looks so infatuated whenever he stares at Sol A.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, rita96 said:

Today's episode was all about JH smiling at Sol A- I would say swooning, but don't want to jinx it. And with Sol B getting a glimpse of it in the civil law class- if not a love triangle but a jealousy trope is sure on the cards.

I was literally MELTING everytime Joon Hwi was heart-eyeing Sol A in this episode. I'm not even joking. THE WAY HE LOOKS AT HER, I... :fullofhearts:  Kim Bum is doing such a great job in all of his scenes with Ryu Hye Young, his feelings are so clear, it's very captivating.

This is something I've been thinking about. Kim Bum is an actor that can express his feelings very well, however, with Han Joon Hwi, his expressions are blank most of the time. As this is a drama with a mysterious plot, it makes sense that he doesn’t show his feelings clearly to not expose the true intentions of the character. I feel the same thing with Mr. Yang. Watching today's episode I realized that Sol A is one of the few people that Joon Hwi interacts in a comfortable, natural way, there's no blank or mysterious faces with her. I find that so sweet.

About the supposed triangle with Sol B, I hadn’t noticed her watching Joon Hwi staring at Sol A during civil class. I had go back to watch it again and yes, that really happened. Honestly I hope they don't turn into rivals because I don't like rivalry between women, and Sol A genuinely likes Sol B, so it would be sad to see this happening.

About Sol B, I still can't feel sorry for her. I undestand her situation with her abusive mother, it's really bad but she has no humility. She acts so superior in relation to other people, I just don't like people like that.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

I’m loving this drama, and can’t help to ship Sol A and Joon hwi, their relationship, friends or love or so are adding a sense of security on the story. Its too heavy and doubtful but for those 2 and Prof Yang, at least I know that they are the good people here.

very shocking for Kang Dan, I have a feeling that its Sol A sibling but I thought it’s a man.

I love love this episode, its all about Sol A and Joon hwi for me. From helping each other, teasing to destiny. :loveu:

• Like 7

So... Sol A has a twin sister. I didn't see that coming and I don't know if I like it tbh. I'm completely satisfied with only one Sol A, she's my favorite character along with Joon Hwi. But I'll wait to see how their plot will develop, maybe it will be interesting, let's see.

Now I want to say how much I HATE JTBC, I hate them. A lot. I watched today's episode DYING INSIDE seeing Joon Hwi completeley whipped for Sol A. Now I want to see them together as a couple RIGHT. NOW. :weary: 

But seriously, he's so into her, all of their scenes together were absolutely perfect in this episode, how am I suppost to handle their insane chemistry until the last episode? I don't know, I really have no idea...

:sad1:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1