larus

7 hours ago, paolaadl said:

That monster going to the court and Mr. Yang renouncing Yeseul's defense. What will happen to her???

I was shocked too when I heard Prof. Yang stepping down! Like whaaat?! But maybe he just wants to talk some sense to Ye Seul and free Ye Seul from her guilt-filled mentality and make her realize that if she did not stand up for herself, no one will. 

By the way who do you think is this person behind the chair?

Screenshot_20210521-153916_Twitter.jpg

I initially thought it was Assemblyman Ko? But then while Man Ho was talking on the phone saying "it's different from the deal we made", Assemblyman Ko was talking on the news? Or is that pre-recorded? Haha

My other hunch is the Chief Prosecutor dad whose daughter had a fight with Sol A? I don't know if he is an irrelevant character but yeah I think this person behind the chair is kind of powerful. 

Oh well, 5 days to go. Haha!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

that scene had me rolling... law school keeps ending in punchlines to make me go on watching this drama. 

I think the preview is just Prof Yang trying to shake up Yeseul. She's sort of still shocked and who can blame her. The guy she was in a relationship with for years (despite him being a trashbag) ended up paralysed due to her. It still was her action, as a result of her behaviour. However, it's self defence but she has so much guilt that she carries and the trash keeps trying to gaslight her. So she needs a metaphorical slap to make her realise what her situation is. 

Kang Sol B needs an actual slap for all the things that come out of her mouth and hurt other people and she says all that without remorse. 

TBH the plot first said that Joonhwi would have a "dark" side, but all I see is him being the school ace and hearteyes for Kang Sol A lol. Joonhwi just is too good to be true D: 

Also finally, they published the driving me crazy song 

:partyblob:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

49 minutes ago, agenth said:

TBH the plot first said that Joonhwi would have a "dark" side, but all I see is him being the school ace and hearteyes for Kang Sol A lol. Joonhwi just is too good to be true D: 

Oh noes. I wanted Solhwi endgame. Pls pls. But up until now I can't fathom why did Joonhwi switch his uncle's eyeglasses? And I am also curious why Joonwhi cares so much about Sol A that he even had cctv installed at her place. I know he has a strong sense of justice and the desire to protect his friends but yeah I really wanted to know all about it and there are 5 more episodes to watch. Hehe. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Law School: Episodes 10-11 Open Thread

by Anisa

LawSchool1011-00014.jpg

It’s internship season, and now the students are working on not just one but two cases in their spare time. Will Yangcrates be able to escape a targeted witch hunt by the prosecution? Can the study group assemble a bulletproof self-defense case while also passing their exams? Does anyone have time to sleep?

EPISODES 10-11 WEECAP

Jong-hoon (or rather Sol A) has found a way for him to defend Ye-seul without resigning from his job, and the study group has united to work on their classmate’s defense. It tickles me to see them gathered around that table in the school copy center with Eun-suk and Jong-hoon, as impressive in their own way as Assemblyman Go’s army of lawyers. Even if Jong-hoon disregards all of their advice.

He did great with the jury, honestly—I was as worried as Eun-suk that he’d alienate them with his uncompromising manner and intense gaze, but he played it perfectly. (I loved that exchange between the prosecutors: “Is this really his first jury trial?” “It’s his first time as a lawyer!”)

But inciting a convicted pedophile to kill your public nemesis, while you’re still technically indicted for murder? Not the smartest move, dude. You KNOW these two are the kind of men to use your words against you, however benignly meant. And clearly Jong-hoon knows that, so rather than being concerned, I’m more curious to see how he’ll pivot from this next week.

Sol A finds out more about her sister’s disappearance this week, although Dan herself is still frustratingly unreachable, and that gives us further insight into Sol A’s family situation.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/law-school-episodes-10-11-open-thread/

• Blob 2

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Did Joon Hwi say he is interested in someone from their study group but that's not Ye Seul???

Actually the word is “want to look out for”, and at the end, Sol A said its her roomie that JH wants to look out for, and JH said “are you disappointed thats its not you?”

so I guess....I don’t want to buy it but it keeps me wondering about the love-line between SolB and JH from the start. 

as Kim Bum said JH approach to 2 ladies are different.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Did Joon Hwi say he is interested in someone from their study group but that's not Ye Seul???

I love the reaction from KS A when he asked if she was disappointed but now that I know it was about the plagiarism there's hope :hooray2:

I also love the fact that this drama is always give us something that we do not expect ( i know, i know the reality is different).  I was shocked like the judge was when Prof Yang said he was going to resign and changed the situation into a "law school".  For Ye Seul to think of herself as someone else was incredible enough for me in her current situation.  

We're back to square one?

Behind the scene

Spoiler

Credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Aya Hong said:

Actually the word is “want to look out for”, and at the end, Sol A said its her roomie that JH wants to look out for, and JH said “are you disappointed thats its not you?”

so I guess....I don’t want to buy it but it keeps me wondering about the love-line between SolB and JH from the start. 

I think he said it's Kang Sol, but Sol A decided it's SolB and JH just teased her.

And I can't understand why prosecutors even bother to ask why Ye Seul never reported to the police, that she was raped. hello!! she could't even find a lawyer now!!!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Aya Hong said:

as Kim Bum said JH approach to 2 ladies are different.

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 2

This episode is about pain and overcoming pain. 

We can see that Kang Sol A's mom was apparently abused as well. She is a very emotional/impetuous person, as can be seen from her enthusiastic responses when she was selected as juror, but when Prof Yang tells the facts of the case and his arguments, she breaks down, as it hits too close to home and her prejudice against Yeseul breaks. 

I'm glad Yeseul managed to gather her wits with Prof Yang's help. I was afraid she was going to keep being a zombie. She was honest, almost to her detriment as people told her to lie, but she just was honest. At least her trash bf's angel image was destroyed with the video, I love it. The actor's scumbag performance is so great to make me hate him lol. 

That's why I'm glad Yeseul had strength to speak up, even if it took Prof Yang's strange methods to reach there. The best part is when he breaks convention and nobody can stop him, lol when the Prosecutor wanted to object and he just replies "There's no objection in my classroom!" I also love the scene where he just spits out water at Prosecutor for saying BS. 

What I find strange is that nobody objects to Prosecutors when they keep stating Joonhwi is Yeseul's affair. Prof Yang/Joonhwi himself should have said that this is just rumour mongering and they have no proof, the same as the Prosecution keeps saying Yeseul had no proof that evil scum wants to distribute the video. Yet nobody speaks up. Weird. 

Also Prof Kim calls James... he is the son of Lee Man Ho? What a reveal. So far she has always been helpful, but I suppose she has secrets as well!

From the previews it looks as if Joonhwi will come save Prof Yang!

• Like 5

Prof Yang is a pretty great professor and he is right. It always struck me as strange that Kang Sol A wants to be a lawyer. Her face is expressive, she is too emotional. One might think this is simply because she is a student, but no. She can't have a cool head, this is both her strength and her weakness: her passion. 

The Lawyer thinks he can take the Lee Man Ho case for his publicity, when it's rather clear Prof Yang wants to know about the power behind LMH, who now have abandoned him. He ended up in hospital now, seems to die? The hospital staff bandaged him up, but when he codes, there's nobody around lol. Can he survive this? 

I'm glad to see Kang Sol B "admitted" to her plagiarising, though the way it's been handled still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. She only did this because she knew she had lost now, considering Prof Yang would have followed through, with or without Joonhwi's approval. And she only did it after Joonhwi basically complimented her, saying, yes, she as middle school girl would have managed to do this. Only after her ego was stroked did she go to the dean and tell her. She is a power player though. More as a lawyer/prosecutor/judge, she should just be a PI. We still don't know why her own family says she "isn't qualified" to be a judge. 

Moreover, plagiarising isn't a simple issue or gentleman's faux pas. IT's a serious crime. She robbed not only the school, but also the other students, or contestants, all who did NOT plagiarise. 

• Like 4

So the final boss of the series, dun dun dun: 
Mr. Ko 

I'm sure Lee Man Ho may have a soapy story background. It's a good learning lesson for Kang Sol A to defend him. She is full of judgement right now, and she forgot how she used to be in the "bad guy seat" and no one would defend her. 

Prosecutor Jin, Lee Man Ho, are all victims of Mr Ko. They are being used and will get thrown away the moment they're not useful anymore. 

Also, we get a glimpse of lee man ho's son. He speaks english and seems to be abroad. 

• Like 1

Hmmmm Prof Kim???? I’m kind of having a different feeling.

I’m excited to see how they can depend a bad guy to the real culprit, I’m kind of understand the lawyers now, they need to depend everyone. Its a good to know.

SolA! Your so cute for being sensitive about JH and SolB. I wonder how this love line will clear up.

• Like 1