larus

This drama just gets better and better with each episode. I love how I'm learning about the different characters with revelations made each episode. It really makes it feel like everyone plays an important part and not just a supporting character.

I love how Sol A keeps making small wins too – first by defending for Joonhwi's defamation case, proving Joonhwi's innocence in Seo's death, earning a 97% in her exam, and now handling the Bad Fama case. With her tenacity and positive outlook in life, it's really heartwarming to see how she's affecting/helping people around her and how she happens to have ties to most people. This is what I love the most. Despite the drama focusing on the stories' of other characters, they're always able to bring in Sol A, Yangcrates & Joonhwi without making it seem off and emphasizing that yes, these 3 are the heart & main leads of the entire drama.

In ep 5-6, I also love how their starting to establish Joonhwi & Sol A's relationship. Seems like Joonhwi is much more open and happier after his case ended and Sol A saved him from being a suspect. I really love them together to the point that I hope there'll be something between them later on. :fullofhearts:I mean... It's a school drama right? It's perfectly normal for school dramas to have romance. And it doesn't have to take forefront too. Just small inklings like the ones we got in ep 5 & 6 is perfect! These kind of romances are even more interesting than full-blown ones. hahahahaha :D 

I also love the classroom scenes and the relationship between the students. It's really fresh to see a school drama happening in the law faculty. Plus, it's not even high school or Bachelor's but Master's program! This means we'll see people from various backgrounds and motivations. With this being a law school + Master's program, the students are definitely more on the serious side, so it's interesting.

Btw, am I the only one that's enjoying the slower pace of the drama? I like how by having a slower pace, they get to explore the motivations of various people – which then brings us to the next point: Seo's case seems to be a small piece of a bigger picture. We start seeing how Kang Sol A's twin has something to do with Prof. Yang, Lee Manho, and the assembly man. And that's only the beginning. We have yet to see if the twin has ties to something bigger, which will inadvertently drag Sol A in.

Goshhh.. I'm really excited!!! Can't wait for ep7 already!! >.< In the meantime, I guess I'll rewatch Sol A & Joonhwi's parts again. They're just the cutest! I love them to bits!! :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

How can I survive for another week! I can’t help to ship, when JH did the recitation on their first day of class with Prof Yang and he said “kissing this fellow student on the lips”, I knew he's already into her. 
Anyways I’m in for loving the slow pace!! I love it! The story makes very interesting in every episode.

• Like 8

Too many suspects!

Binge watch ep 4-6...Didn't realize that we're almost half-way...1 month flies so fast by just waiting for on-going dramas.

I wasn't surprised that Kang Sol B's father is KJM. 

Looks like ALL of Them are suspects..and I will not rule out Lee Man Ho. 

Kang Dan might be YHJ's apprentice?   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

I wasn't surprised that Kang Sol B's father is KJM.

Honestly speaking, when they dropped this bomb, it didn’t shock me at all either because they hinted it in ep4.

I was shocked, however, with the other revelations like Lee Manho trying to find Kang Dan to search for his son, Prof Seo and Sol B’s mom having a thing in the past, the entire plagiarism thing orchestrated by Sol B’s mom, and Sol B being colder than I originally thought she was (she showed no remorse whatsoever despite plagiarising. Even if the mom told her to plagiarize, the biggest fault lies with her because she was the one who did it.).

Gosh.. What do you think would it take for Sol B to change for the better? 

• Like 7

So I'm guessing Kang Sol B has some mental health issues that preclude her from becoming a judge (Perhaps lack of empathy?). She does look like she can't feel happiness or sympathy. And at least two people keep insisting she doesn't have the qualifications for it, for some reason. And the way she acts, lying without change of expression, does make me think she has some sort of condition. 

Also I'm surprised about the group textmessaging live the court proceedings. Prof Yang calling Kang Sol B during proceedings and put her on speakerphone... lol such violations of proceedings, with Kang Sol A speaking out too.

Lol it's kind of funny that Kang Sol A gets into the mix of everything. Her sense of protection is pretty astounding, apart from her own sister, Kang Sol B, Prof Kang, and ofc Prof Yang, even if it seems to be a conflict of interest. 

It's obvious Prof Kang lied to the court in order to protect someone else, but everyone's like "OMG why did you lie?!?!?!" 

and lol at that cliffhanger. Prof Yang apparently only takes calls by speakerphone so everyone can conveniently listen in.

• Like 4

Law School: Episodes 5-6 Open Thread

by Anisa

LawSchool0506-00005.jpg

Another week of twists and turns, and it seems like this one murder case is going be dragged out over the entire length of the drama. What keeps me watching, though, are the shifting dynamic between our central ensemble of characters as they learn more about each other—and the implausible ways they’re all tangled together.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

I won’t lie, the drama goes from one unlikely twist to another this week, which is all about Kang Sol B and her incredibly upsetting family unit. Her mom is a literal monster—parental emotional blackmail is a K-drama staple, but carrying pills around in her purse so she can be ready to threaten to kill herself at a moment’s notice? That’s a new low.

The Vice Dean is right about how badly his wife and daughter need therapy, though going to the same appointment is a terrible idea. The plagiarism motive was nicely set up, and I almost wish Sol B had been the killer, because after six episodes spent on one murder case, I’m starting to lose my patience with these endless fake-outs.

LawSchool0506-00016.jpg

I think part of my issue with this show is its tone. The scenes related to the murder case, and now also The Mystery of Kang Dan, have a soapy, over-the-top feel that could be enjoyable if it didn’t feel so self-serious.

This almost feels unfair given the difference in quality between the shows, but if you compare Law School with the dramatic tone of Vincenzo, or even SKY Castle, those dramas undercut their high-stakes melodrama with a sharp, self-aware humor that just makes it more enjoyable. But here, the intensity is pitched jarringly high, ironically making even legitimately serious moments feel overwrought.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/law-school-episodes-5-6-open-thread/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Done with Eps 5-6.

I really love this drama. I never skip any scenes while watching because I will be lost of what happened. 

What is amazing in these two episodes is how Yangcrates know that Prof Kang and Kang Sol B are just making fraud statements/alibis. He even made the speaker phone on just to shake Prof Kang's statement. With that situation, Appa and Sol B got a little closer. Plus how he just made some statement questions to Sol A then she realized what she needed to do. Two smart minds really work well together. 

My girl Kang Sol A is getting better every episode. Now she is taking seriously the case of the single mom. That case makes me excited for the future episodes. Moreover,  the little sister Byeol of Sol A is also a fighter, hahaha. Lee Man Ho got the dose of his own medicine for  his persistence/teasing. Minus the  complain in the police station. 

Kang Dan? From the first episode she has been in the mouth of Sol A. She is her twin sister, thats a fact. Sol A got an assault case because of her. I think she also know Yangcrates because of the old assaulted case BUT knowing the rapist Lee Man Ho and vice versa is so INTRIGUING. Well let's find out more what is the connection of Lee Manho to Kang Dan and Kang Dan to Yangcrates in the 7-8th episodes.

One more thing,  Yoo Sung Jae ( Hyun Woo) the brainiac of this batch is somewhat intriguing but his facade isn't revealed yet. About the laptop of Sol B I think he has connection with that. 

Omg just realize that going to eps 7-8 the drama is halfway done. So next target is Jiho. I'm so EXCITED!!! 

Frightening-Welltodo-Cero-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Episode 7 comments:

Kang Sol-A... man she's a touch too quirky for me. Who puts their pencils/pens INSIDE their ear?!?!?! 

Look scriptwriter. She's plenty quirky without that already. No need to make her weird

Scream GIF by Originals

Wow that trash boyfriend. When I thought he couldn't get worse than his obvious insecurity issues he overplays with trying to lord his position over his gf, he has installed secret cameras in her room. RickRoll'D. But she's just... numb. It's obvious that bf is bad news. Jeez. 

I guess the families put them together, otherwise why would she feel a need to be with him and call him her fiancé? 

Prof Seo knows well about regrets of covering up past mistakes, but it's not like Kang Sol B will learn from his mistakes. He is very far removed from her. All she does have is a screaming mother who for some reason is deeply insecure that her husband is a "failure" and "abnormality" in her in-law's "all judge family". 

And once again, everyone tries to blame the late Prof Seo on something. It broke my heart that Prof Seo thought he confessed his relation to his son to the revenge dude. 

my heart breaks. but at least he recorded the last words of the prof, so his son could hear that. 

And wow another plot twist. 

• Like 3

Episode 8 nuggets: 

Lmao can people stop stealing Prof Yang's phone when Kang Dan happens to call, and always making it a coincidence he is with the people who will do so.

I know it's to make her look more skittish, but they could do it without the stupid phone stealing again. *rollseyes*

Prof Yang really directs the courtroom. The prosecutor, judges, witnesses, can't do anything about his presence and experience lol. The way he just put on sunglasses to ease Yeseul's mind. 

A huge amount of satisfaction Yeseul stood up for herself  (her future as a lawyer/prosecutor). It's not surprising to see her bf going aggro, considering he's been known to abuse her physically. However, it is shocking that he is apparently going to be in a coma. 

I almost thought this would be like How To Get Away with a murder... actually covering up a  murder lol

• Like 5

The ending of episode 8 was so intense, oh my God. 

It was so painful to watch Yeseul suffering with that disgusting monster. It looks like he'll be in coma, I wonder how long it will last.

I thought that Kang Dan plot would be developed deeper in this week episodes but it didn't. I wonder if we will ever get to see her. Also, there's something I find inconsistent about that . Sol A said that Kang Dan is her twin sister but there are some informations that makes it look like she is actually older than Sol A. I mean... maybe I got it wrong but I think this is very weird.

• Like 5

Yes, love it.  It's getting more interesting week after week.  I think I need to rewatch it from the beginning.  The going back and forth, back and forth ... makes me forget some of the connection.  The most surprise to me was the twin.... yeah.... I should have got it when KS tried to sell the law books but did not  .. ha ha

Yeseul, how did you endure all the sufferings from the beginning.... Hope that she'll get all the help she needs for the present and future.

This is quite funny

Credit to JTBC

• Like 3

Click the song title to listen to it at Music YT.  The translations are in the spoilers

1. We Are (Part 1) Lee Seung Yoon

Interview (in Korean)

82007683_1618981775298_1_600x600.jpg

Translated by Popgasa

Spoiler

We are
We are

We are in the dark

Now
Where
Are we headed?

A single ray of light falls on me
Even if it gets far away, I’ll follow that light

We are
We are
Where are we?
We are
We are
Do you trust me
Do I trust you
(Anymore)

We are
We are
Where are we?
We are
We are
Do you trust me
Do I trust you
(Anymore)

In both the ideal world and reality
The truth is far away

We are
We are
A little closer
We are
We are
Darkness
Disappears
It shines
Where we are

2. We Are (Instrumental)

3, We Are (Part 2) Acoustic version by Darin

82027356_1620106743856_1_600x600.jpg

Translated by Popgasa

Spoiler

We are
We are
We are in the dark

Now
Where
Are we headed?

Even if it gets far away, I’ll follow that light

We are
We are
Where are we?
We are
We are
Do you trust me
Do I trust you
(Anymore)

It won’t disappear, I’ll follow that light

We are
We are
A little closer
We are
We are
Darkness
Disappears
It shines
Where we are
And we are…

Credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, marrez1 said:

maybe seungjae’s wife is kang dan, and Byeol is the daughter of the rapist and kang dan? Seung Jae  might be Lee Man Ho's son

it's crazy, we'll see

Omg!  Same mind here minus the byeol and Lee manho idea. 

I think there is some connection with Kang Dan and Seungjae. 

Done with eps7-8. So I was waiting for an answer from all the queries hanging inside my head because of eps5-6 but instead my mind got crazier because of another twists in eps. 7-8.

:crazily:

If anyone of you have watched Grey's Anatomy series there was one particular episode in I think S5 or S6 wc after merging the two hospitals and the hospital staffs one patient who wasn't supposed to die ended his life suddenly because of the negligence of the concerned interns and MD. The hospital board conducted investigation so the system of law school is the same with that two episodes of GA. Every intern and MDs were questioned and defended their alibis.Anyway, that particular topic took only two episodes in Greys Anatomy but to connect here we are now heading to eps9-10 and still so many questions to answer. Lol!

But still, I find the drama so INTERESTING!

I'm just pissed off to Yeseul, the court, professors and  friends that inspite of she saying about sex video they didnt even bother to elaborate that or just to investigate a little. [Lol,this is drama indeed.] So that  accident in the teaser won't happen. Lol, Sorry for my whining.Lol.

:surprisedwut:

I love their OSTs. Thanks for this.@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ

• Like 1
  • Love 1