larus

Every time something bad happens -

Prosecutor: It was Prof. Seo / Prof. Seo told me. 

Lmao. LET A DEAD GUY REST IN PEACE. 

The plagiarism issue gets dragged out this long, it should have been wrapped up already. Her arguments are just weird. How could a Professor/Prosecutor plagiariarise a MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRL's paper? I'm not saying middle school girls are stupid, they just dont have the resources of library + case law experience. Lol she's so arrogant, "I'm so talented so it will be the school's loss of me". I almost vomit at all the BS coming from her with that cold look. I need to look into that actress, if this is her skill or her standard lol. 

Also Prof Kim's class is civil law, I think, yet she keeps saying she wants to take criminal law cases and defend Lmao. People usually don't mix up civil and criminal law. 

Assemblyman and his son trying to convict Yeseul for attempted murder, lol. Their greed will be their downfall. Also it's freaking funny how everyone focused on "settlement" or "no settlement", when it's clear she was acting in self-defence. But they were like "omg what a unique concept" and it's always Kang Sol A showing up with a "briliant idea" which is actually nudged by Prof Yang.

Attacks to defend aren't just physical. And he did grab her hand/arm after all. and it was so clear that Prof Yang was going to show up for Yeseul lol. I suppose he gave up his professorship after all? 

• Like 5

Law School: Episode 9 Open Thread

by Anisa

LawSchool09-00021.jpg

The fallout from last week isn’t good, either in the sexual-assault-turned-accident case, or the original murder case. Having the moral high ground doesn’t help when your opponent has no morals, and an alibi can only save your skin if the person who can give it is willing to step forward.

EPISODE 9 WEECAP

LawSchool09-00001.jpg

If Sol B and Ye-seul were mirrors last week, this week Seung-jae is the one who is being asked to risk his own reputation to save Jong-hoon’s, and once again, no one is as brave as poor Ye-seul. Why does this poor girl have to endure so much? Thankfully, Ye-seul didn’t get pinned with a murder charge, although the downside of that is that the worm who abused her is still alive, and still double-teaming her with his evil father.

I wanted to throw things at the screen when I saw Ye-seul apologizing on her knees, although I know it’s realistic given the extent of the trauma and gaslighting she’s been subject to. But I was just so angry on her behalf.

I’m very glad she has Eun-suk and the study group on her side, validating her feelings and her agency—and arguing for self-defense, yes! The reveal at the end of the episode that Jong-hoon will be defending her was 100% predictable, but I didn’t care. It was GREAT.

ASSEMBLYMAN GO (Jung Won-joong) is emerging as the Big Bad in this series, and his villainy is a little over-the-top, but he’s certainly raising my blood pressure as much as his wastrel of a son, so points for effectiveness. By now, he has it in for so many of our major characters it’s getting a but ridiculous. I count Jong-hoon, Sol A, Dan, Ye-seul, probably Joon-hwi too. There’s a rather unbelievably large web of connections between all these people—and surprisingly, I find that enjoyably silly rather than a flaw in the show.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/law-school-episode-9-open-thread/

• Like 4

Episode 10 and finally Prof Yang is deemed innocence haha

Some crumbs of Kang Sol A and joon hwi here and there 

Im not sure Lee Man Ho's importance in the big story, he is still being a mysterious figure with no clear agenda (good or bad side). 

The hidden camera seems like a running theme... like father like son.... and the fact that the prosecutor who tends to leak news very wary about recording when facing lee man ho (some red flags to say something) 

• Like 1

Episode 10 was not so interesting and felt much like a filler. Prof Yang's case has not been decided yet, though he managed to show that the prosecution did not do a good work. But it seems that Prof Yang's case will be resolved earlier than solving whether or not Kang Sol B plagiarised, which is so unreal as court cases should take much longer than plagiarising cases lol. 

Yeseul and her exbf are hard to watch together as he gaslights her and twists the facts, though I believe she resists the gaslighting. I hope later she can be convinced to countersue. Because he and his father keep spouting off how Prof Yang and Yeseul aren't allowed to be in school, when presumption of innocence still applies. He's not judge, jury and executioner! 

then again powerful people always believe that things should be as they want it to be. 

• Like 3

“Mouse” Ends With Strong Ratings + “Sell Your Haunted House” And “Law School” Hit Personal Bests

aad17a4c5d214393a01d5687f2ffd641.jpeg?s=

May 20, 2021
by D. Kim

Dramas that aired this past Wednesday saw some positive results!

JTBC’s “Law School” also set an all-time high with 5.562 percent recorded for episode 10, beating its previous record of 5.508 percent recorded for episode 9.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1470185wpp/mouse-ends-with-strong-ratings-sell-your-haunted-house-and-law-school-hit-personal-bests

• Like 1

This is getting intense. I really want to know who's the culprit and I badly wanted to know what happened to Kang Dan! And of course finally we saw Man Ho's son. So what's his story? Do Kang Dan and Man Ho's son have something to do with Prof. Seo's death? But I felt that the delivery guy in the first episode, has something to do with Prof. Seo's death. I mean, Sol A said she saw a delivery guy went in the mock court, but nothing was heard about him? I wonder why? 

Anyway, I can't wait for next week!!!! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, joytotheworld said:

But I felt that the delivery guy in the first episode, has something to do with Prof. Seo's death. I mean, Sol A said she saw a delivery guy went in the mock court, but nothing was heard about him? I wonder why? 

I think Man Ho was a delivery man and he killed prof Seo. It was a deal between Assemblyman and him. Assemblyman promised to find his son and helped with his tracker. I remember, that Sol A only saw a man in a mask, that looked like Man Ho.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I think Man Ho was a delivery man and he killed prof Seo. It was a deal between Assemblyman and him. Assemblyman promised to find his son and helped with his tracker. I remember, that Sol A only saw a man in a mask, that looked like Man Ho.

That's possible too considering the ending scenario of ep 11. But if you look closer at the image, the guy was kinda slim and taller compared to Man Ho? 

Screenshot_20210521-045748_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-050330_Chrome.jpg

My hunch is, either Ye Seul's abusive boyfriend or Manho's son? I maybe wrong. Hehe. I'm so excited for the coming episodes tho! 

But I am curious about the relationship b/w Sol A, Man Ho and Prof. Yang. I mean is there something more about them having the same RARE blood type? Can Sol A be Prof Yang's lost daughter? Is Sol A adopted? Haha! I am thinking too far tho. But well it's nice to see them having father-daughter moments hehe.

And also, what about Sung Jae? Why is he so worked up about Man Ho during their Civil Law class? I think they have some connection. Either he is a friend of his son or Kang Dan (that's why he is always looking at Sol A) or maybe he is Man Ho's son (but of course we already saw the picture of Man Ho's son. But who knows? Hehe) 

The wait is killing me tho. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I got so nervous watching the preview of the next episode. That monster going to the court and Mr. Yang renouncing Yeseul's defense. What will happen to her???

:cry:

If it turns out that Man Ho is the killer this drama will just fall on the cliché list of stories where the most likely and suspicious person is the real culprit lol

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

“Law School” And “Sell Your Haunted House” Hit New Personal Bests In Ratings Again

May 21, 2021
by C. Hong

0d94bc06871640478f5e1071accdea31.jpeg?s=

“Law School” and “Sell Your Haunted House” are continuing their fierce competition for ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 20 episode of KBS’s “Sell Your Haunted House” recorded average nationwide ratings of 5.1 and 6.9 percent. The May 20 episode of JTBC’s “Law School” recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.249 percent.

The absence of “Mouse” on May 20 boosted both dramas’ ratings by a significant amount. “Sell Your Haunted House” saw a jump of 0.4 percent compared to its previous personal best of 6.5 percent, while “Law School” jumped up almost one full percentage point from its previous personal best of 5.562 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1470332wpp/law-school-and-sell-your-haunted-house-hit-new-personal-bests-in-ratings-again

• Like 2
  • Blob 1