My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Unless you’re going to a religious site, you can wear shorts and tops. Especially in Istanbul

Exactly, and on the seaside no one really cares at all.

7 hours ago, partyon said:

I’ve not tried it, but I’ve had pancakes with sour cream in the dough when I’ve been traveling in the Baltic countries. Hmmm…Or maybe it was quark cheese?

I think it was sour cream, and furthermore cottage cheese is more likely to be used as a topping there than quark). Just assuming in regard to local food tradition). 

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

Omo I have such colleagues too who have been granted leave in the middle of the year because her husband was going abroad and she wanted to visit that place with her husband. We were in the middle of something important then

Wow, seems having no conscience and decency is an international thing with no borders, hehe. 

we ever put up a poll on workplace pressure. Let's try to hang in there and do our best.

I'll definitely try to pull through:wub:.

I am busy with real like dramas at my workplace. 

strangely cannot eat anything sour or tangy / lemony. I have tried many times in the past, not very successful.

Wow, great words to describe the situation :lol:

I suppose there is still plenty of yummi  toppings choices to be absolutely happy with your crepes:D

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, joccu said:

We just finished the most barf drama we have watched in awhile. The husband was the barfiest I have seen in drama. 

Yea, that was one MEGA barf drama. :spitswater:We should get an award for completing it.

8 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Belgian waffels with all the extra toppings are irresistible..

Belgian waffles with all the extra toppings? :love: You're my chingu now! :7555_attack:

Not sure how well acquainted you are with Belgian waffles, but do you prefer the Brussels kind or the Liège kind? Am a big sucker for the Liège one as it is more doughy - and sweeter.

gaufre-bruxelles-liege.jpg

I am also a sucker for all the toppings!

Gaufres-600x450.jpg

I say yes to this!

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I think it was sour cream, and furthermore cottage cheese is more likely to be used as a topping there than quark). Just assuming in regard to local food tradition). 

Hmmm... I had to check pics from my trip. They were curd pancakes! :love: Too yummy, chingu!

blog-img_1637-2.jpg?fit=720,720&ssl=1

I say yes to these too!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

On 2/19/2023 at 5:07 AM, confusedheart said:

I am trying to read more books this year than last, and Goodreads Reasing Challenge is definitely something I intend to win this year.

This is one of my motivation for this year . To complete my Goodreads reading challenge. Let me tell you, it is hard to find some good books since books have become so expensive. So I would wait for it to go on sale so I can buy it. 

I wanted to be on a diet , eat healthier but I have only exercise once a week. How will I lose weight, if I don’t make the sacrifice of losing sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

53 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

is hard to find some good books since books have become so expensive. So I would wait for it to go on sale so I can buy

Me and my friends use the library nowadays more. There is a surprising amount of new books there. And we share books that we buy so that we can be more ecological with regard to consumption. 

Am finding it hard to concentrate on reading, so I always have to go for books with very intense or engaging plots. When I get started I can’t stop though - lol :D 

Since I do a lot of business travel I often buy my books from book stores at airports and I am forever grateful to the clerks who recommend interesting books to me.

I just finished The Lost Apothecary - a book recommended to me - and the FL was Too Stupid to Live. :unamused:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

to be honest, am not a fan of pancakes or waffles. crepes I like. 

usually at home, we have a savoury version and it looks a bit like this:

egg-pancakes-with-chives.jpg?s=612x612&w

a little different from the picture but sometthing close -- mincemeat and peas. 

the sweet version has a coconut filling and it looks something like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAvUha9C70wxTxgmz3dsE  

otherwise, not much going on @confusedheart; am still in a bit of a kdrama slump and so have been watching lot of random stuff as well as more local content. still waiting for that one kdrama to take soompi by storm! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Ohh, people, I totally forgot :D.  I absolutely love Austrian/German pancake version called Kaiserschmarrn. It is served shredded into pieces :w00t:, usually with sugar powder and apple sauce with raisins, but my favorite is the one with plum sauce.:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

otherwise, not much going on @confusedheart; am still in a bit of a kdrama slump and so have been watching lot of random stuff as well as more local content. still waiting for that one kdrama to take soompi by storm! 

Tell me about it! I think many people are in major drama slumps currently - me included. You can tell by the lack of people on this forum. Nothing interesting is on at the moment.
Am only waiting for The Glory Part 2 to air in March.

Issue is that I am not finding anything interesting to watch anywhere else either, so am watching documentaries instead.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

On 2/20/2023 at 11:03 PM, leo2020 said:

Wow, seems having no conscience and decency is an international thing with no borders, hehe. 

Yep, difficult people everywhere. 

On 2/20/2023 at 11:03 PM, leo2020 said:

Wow, great words to describe the situation :lol:

Strangely, I do love lemonade. But nothing too lemony/ lemon-ish. :crazily:

23 hours ago, partyon said:

Not sure how well acquainted you are with Belgian waffles, but do you prefer the Brussels kind or the Liège kind? Am a big sucker for the Liège one as it is more doughy - and sweeter.

What's the difference, chingu? They look the same and equally yummy to me. :eats2:

20 hours ago, Learry said:

i am into maple syrup with banana toppings:fullofhearts:

Argh... this poll isn't going well. :grimace:  All these photos are killing me. So yum! :heart:

12 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

souffle pancakes for you.. since you randomly tag me!

I did because I thought you'd enjoy these beautiful 'sights' too. :naughty:

Winnie The Pooh GIF by Disney

5 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

I like fruit pancake with lots of fruits with ice cream topping or choco drizzle toppings and

goes with hot green tea latte. :wub:

Chingu!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for stopping by. :kisslevel:I know I am not very active on the thread but you and all the other chingus are often on my mind and I miss you all a lot.

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

This is one of my motivation for this year . To complete my Goodreads reading challenge. Let me tell you, it is hard to find some good books since books have become so expensive. So I would wait for it to go on sale so I can buy it. 

Me too! Books are so expensive. I have invested in a Kindle. It is not very cheap but chaper compared to paperbacks. Let's complete the challenge. chingu. What genre do you enjoy the most?

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I wanted to be on a diet , eat healthier but I have only exercise once a week. How will I lose weight, if I don’t make the sacrifice of losing sleep. 

This has been my resolution forever, which I sadly can never stick to. :brokenheart:

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

usually at home, we have a savoury version and it looks a bit like this:

Is it what we call cheela- besan, moong daal cheela? I love cheela too.  :issohappy:Which one do you like most- besan or moong dal? 

3 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Ohh, people, I totally forgot :D.  I absolutely love Austrian/German pancake version called Kaiserschmarrn. It is served shredded into pieces :w00t:, usually with sugar powder and apple sauce with raisins, but my favorite is the one with plum sauce.:wub:

Sounds heavenly! Time to save some money and go for a trip before the world comes to an end. :letsgo:

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Me and my friends use the library nowadays more. There is a surprising amount of new books there. And we share books that we buy so that we can be more ecological with regard to consumption. 

Great idea!  Why was the FL TSTL? Did you get round to reading Apples Never Fall? I know you bought it on a book clerk's rec during one of your travels. 

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Yes! And binge watch it the same day. @Lmangla are you waiting for it too? I think after Parasite and Squid Game, it is one of the best from SK. 

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Issue is that I am not finding anything interesting to watch anywhere else either, so am watching documentaries instead.

Have you watched Cunk on Earth? She has an amazing sense of humour. I love her quirkiness. 

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd absolutely would love to try mango pancakes. ❤️ 

OMG! Look at those delectable pieces of sweet and juicy mangoes. Thank God, mango season is just round the corner. We get lots of sweets made from mango during summer and jaggery during winter. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 2/20/2023 at 8:41 PM, partyon said:

Belgian waffles with all the extra toppings? :love: You're my chingu now! :7555_attack:

Yeah, I know :D Dans mes bras, chingu!! :heart4:

I was living in Belgium for a while, so I was able to eat a lot of waffles :lol: I like them both, the Liege kind and the Brussels ones... The Liege ones seem more sinful and full of calories, haha!!

Also, crossing the border you could eat really good Dutch pancakes and mini-pancakes, the poffertjes!! They were all delicious and living there made it difficult to stay in shape, haha!! :eatscookie:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

The nice thing about pages and pages of pancakes pictures (nutella stuffed crepes, mygosh) is that you can feel like you've actually eaten after seeing so many, and then save on calories. (Would love to start exercising again, but it's hard when the current windchill is still -40. Sigh.) I definitely want to try mango pancakes in real life and not just in digital form, though!

For those wanting book recommendations, I suggest anything by June Hur. She is diaspora Korean, living in Canada, and writes historical mysteries set in all different time periods of Korea. She is on my very small must-buy list. She writes in English but just had a Korean edition come out of one of her books, it's so pretty!

Nothing much here, overwhelmed with work like most of you, and feeling a little lost after watching several excellent dramas in a row (Alchemy of Souls, Love Like the Galaxy, Love Between Fairy and Devil, etc.) Not normally a hardcore historical viewer (says after the above recommendation, lol), but these all had...something. 

I'm sorry to to those wanting to visit Turkey (or who live there or in Syria), it's really sad. :tears: Because of Kdrama I feel like we have this international family, you can go anyone and find "extended relatives," so to speak, so whenever something happens somewhere, I worry about "my" people. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

On 2/20/2023 at 11:50 PM, confusedheart said:

My grandfather kept one and he was such an inspiration. I want to keep one too but I get bored very soon. I don't have the patience. How do you keep yourself motivated, chingu?

I too have discovered some lovely undiscovered places and love the tranquility it offers, the pristine beauty, unmarred by over zealous tourists. I hate playing tourists. I like putting my feet up and enjoying my time. Taking my time doing everything, including exploring a place. 

Moms are always such amazing cooks. Yesterday while working on this, I had a sudden craving so since I wasn't in mood for any cooking, I ordered some waffles. It was sooo good! james franco GIF

Yes, taking each day as it comes. Baby steps.

Yes, one of my ex's had gone to Turkey and from the photos that I had seen and the conversations I had with him, the people in Turkey seem to be very warm and friendly. Not conservative like in some other countries.

@confusedheart  yearly, I always take time to buy the Journal that i love. I find time to go to the store and pick one for me. I also pick an awesome pen. I always find time to walk through the pens until I find something I like. ... I set a regular time to write. ... which is nighttime. This means, I end my day with journaling. ... I journal about anything that comes to my mind. It's important to journal everyday. For me, it improves writing and communication skills. My journal is simple : I write about decisions I need to make, I write about what I will do for the day ahead, I keep a daily log. For me, having a journal has a value. It has a range of benefits. Just writing a few minutes a day helps me better understand my needs. In the journal I also post transactions in ledger accounts so, I can keep my expenses and stick to my budget.  

:rubchin:

I love waffles, too! When I crave for snack, I go for this one. Just a simple honey or maple syrup is fine with me. But, I always love putting cinnamon sugar on it.   :heart3:

So COOL to know that you're still friend with your ex. It’s usually a question, frequently debated if you should be friends with your ex, with radically differing opinions. Perhaps half of your friends say “hell no,” a few said “go for it." A friendship with an ex can be highly rewarding.   :kaching1:

17 hours ago, leo2020 said:

@leo2020  ohhh.............I've tried this dessert when I visited Austria once. Very yummy - It's made with rum-soaked raisins and  is into bite-sized pieces, caramelized, and served sprinkled with powdered sugar & applesauce.   :ohboy2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

On 2/21/2023 at 1:31 PM, confusedheart said:

Me too! Books are so expensive. I have invested in a Kindle. It is not very cheap but chaper compared to paperbacks. Let's complete the challenge. chingu. What genre do you enjoy the most?

I love urban fiction and crime book series and crime webnovels.  how about you @confusedheart 

I am also looking forward to the Glory.  I am already ready to disatisfied with the romance. In fact I don't want any roman if the Fl doesn't end up the her Bullie's husband Ha Do Yeon. In fact they better not ruin my image of Ha Do Yeon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

On 2/22/2023 at 12:01 AM, confusedheart said:

Is it what we call cheela- besan, moong daal cheela? I love cheela too.  Which one do you like most- besan or moong dal? 

Yes! And binge watch it the same day. @Lmangla are you waiting for it too? I think after Parasite and Squid Game, it is one of the best from SK. 

actually I was thinking of crepe only. though the options you mention sound fun to eat. 

as for glory, I didn't watch it and no intention to. not my type of drama. 

On 2/21/2023 at 9:39 PM, partyon said:

Tell me about it! I think many people are in major drama slumps currently - me included. You can tell by the lack of people on this forum. Nothing interesting is on at the moment.

yea none of the dramas are really reaction type drama. been slowly watching the netflix drama love to hate you. all I have is hmm. nothing that gets me to type out so many feels on watching. basically you watch half asleep. thats why there is less chatter on the forum. even the daily dramas just get a yawn from me. have been also watching lots of documentaries here and there. 

• Blob 4