[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

Hi, sorry for dropping this here if anyone's interested since they talked quite a bit about the drama. It's long but an interesting read.  I love her honesty and candid for the interview, especially those hard questions. The 10 Simple Questions segment is really cute. She has such nice soft voice :)

Woman Sense - NOV.2020: Refreshing Woman, Na Hye Mi, What’s Her Plan for Starting 2nd Generation With Shinhwa’s Eric? + 10 Simple Questions Her Style (English Sub)

2d350e742d2efcb93c3d75b968e91986b4c9f47f

The Moment I Discovered Na Hye Mi’s Never-seen-before Charms

I want to be an actor who is loved not only by the public but also by fellow actors and staff members I work with.
For that to happen, I should become a better person, right?

I met actress Na Hye Mi. The misconception I had of her being somewhat haughty based on her sharp eyes disappeared completely with the first greeting. Although she was busy filming the drama these days, Na Hye Mi did not look the least bit tired. She smiled the entire time and gave carefully considered responses to each question. She was not super eloquent, but it was charming to see an honest and refreshing side of her. Even her apology for not being used to doing interviews was true to her character.

These days, Na Hye Mi’s main interest is KBS1’s new daytime drama “No Matter What.” It’s not that she does not have experience doing weekend and daytime dramas, but it is the first time that she plays such a big role. Although she had nerves and concerns about leading a daily drama as a leading actress, the excitement about greeting viewers with a new character was greater.

Spoiler

8251c29933aa4d6332712edb80aaf9155f69883f

No Matter What” is a family drama about the growth of children who have experienced divorce and remarriage of their parents. Na Hye Mi plays ‘Kim Bora,’ a weather forecaster who welcomes a stepfather after growing up in a single-parent household. Not only will there be a sweet love story line but the real relationship among family members will also be presented with colorful charms.

I’m scared and nervous about the reactions.” Na Hye Mi looked very excited for her meeting with Woman Sense, which took place just before the premiere of “No Matter What.”  She still exuded the fresh energy and raw enthusiasm of a rookie. I became curious about Na Hye Mi, a refreshing woman who cannot easily be judged based on first impression.

59e671474ff8c16d5a5742a1e7c2cf531020e204

You’re back with a new drama. We only have two days left until the premiere (October 12th, 2020), but I’m still in a daze. I’m also wondering how the viewers will react. We started filming at the end of August and we’ve been working so hard up until now, but I think I still need to adjust to the set. I’ve experienced both weekend and daytime dramas, but I still feel like I have a long way to go. (laughs) My current role is bigger than any of my previous works, so I’m spending a lot of time thinking about how to lead the drama. Above all, I try my best to not to become a nuisance on the set.

All of your previous works had high ratings. KBS2’s weekend drama “My Only One” and KBS1’s daytime drama “Home for Summer” both produced pretty high ratings. Sometimes I can’t believe I was a part of such beloved dramas, so I feel more gratitude than anything. I was very fortunate. I’m still in touch and maintain good relationships with Lim Ye Jin sunbaenim and Uee unni, both of whom I met during that time. I hope I can also learn and gain new things after finishing “No Matter What.”

This time, you become a weather forecaster. Weather forecasts are the voices we commonly hear in our daily lives. I thought I could imitate it quickly, but it turned out to be harder than I thought. I’m practicing very hard to look like a real weather forecaster. I’m even correcting my pronunciation while biting to a pen. It is not easy. In fact, it turns out weather forecasters and announcers have different pronunciations and vocalizations. I gained more respect for them while practicing.

What kind of character can we expect from you in “No Matter What”? The character Kim Bora is very bubbly and fun. Since it’s a family drama, you can also enjoy a variety of harmony among the family members. In particular, please look forward to the sister chemistry between Kim Bora and ‘Shin Ari’ (Jung Min Ah). I only have a younger brother in real life so I really like having a sister in the drama (laughs). The drama is still at the beginning stages, so there hasn’t been much progress, but I hope viewers also enjoy the love story line. I’ll be filming the drama until the end of the year, so my goal is to finish it without any trouble. I’ll take the viewers’ criticism as interests, so please give us a lot of support.

57cfb2b54805e5c319a8f82eb0f4927693a7fac5

Coincidentally, your husband Eric will also be back onscreen with a new project in October (Eric stars in MBC’s new drama “The Spies Who Loved Me”.) My husband started filming before me, but recently, I’ve been filming more often. That makes it harder to see each other. When I get home, I’m busy washing up and catching sleep, so there’s not much time to see each other face to face. We don’t get to talk a lot because we have to memorize our scripts and we’re busy with our own preparations, but we always encourage and cheer for each other.

Do you ever choose projects for each other? We don’t really discuss the choice of works with each other. I don’t think I’m in a position to pick and choose a particular line of work, so I’m trying to do my best with the opportunities presented to me. The same goes for my husband. Since we are affiliated with different agencies, I think it’s only right that we discuss the projects with our own agency and staff members first. However, I do read the scenario and give feedbacks like “That’s interesting.

You got married in 2017, has anything changed since your marriage? I lived with my parents before marriage. Of course I was comfortable and happy back then, but I definitely feel more emotionally stable after marriage. The part that I like the most is that I’m in the same career field as my husband and that we can understand each other. When one of us is having a hard time, we listen and give advice to each other. When we start a new project, it’s not like we can leave and come home at normal time like an office worker. There are times when people are naturally become less attentive in managing the household, so it’s good to be able to understand and take care of each other without saying it out loud. So far, we have had very few projects overlap, so one of us filled the vacancy when one person was away, but this time it’s not easy because we’re both busy at the same time.

Do you have any plans for children? Not yet. Right now, I’m trying to focus on the current work in front of me. I can’t think about having a baby or childrearing yet. I think I need a little more time. I will discuss it with my husband in the future. (laughs)

Spoiler

ec3abf52cae4b94a9d6e4cbf122e3103fa7c0088

Your personal life is behind a veil. You don’t even use social media that much, do you? I do have an social media account, but I don’t use it often. I don’t usually take a lot of pictures. I can’t show my face when I’m resting at home because I’m lounging around so comfortably. They say people appreciate a natural appearance these days, but how can I show myself with my hair in a messy bun (laughs). On my days off, I take walks with my two dogs or watch Netflix while eating snacks. Those are my best ‘small but definite happiness.’

You have very good skin. Do you have any special beauty tips? Lately, I’ve been having skin trouble frequently while filming. I’ve tried various products, from famous beauty items to inexpensive cosmetic products known for having good ingredients, but I haven’t had much results. These days, I take time to wash my face twice because I want to focus on the basics. It’s usually hard to wash your face thoroughly when you come home from work because you’re tired. I dedicate around 20 minutes for this. I also try to be as gentle as possible when I rub my skin. I consciously drink water instead of soft drinks or coffee to get enough hydration, and take lactobacillus and vitamins in the morning. My skin started getting better afterwards.

What kind of hobbies do you usually enjoy? I started exercising because I’ve become more interested in immunity and physical strength lately. I’m a ‘hearinyi’ (health+child) who can’t even lift all the barbells but consume proteins religiously (laughs). It’s too much for me to maintain a strict diet at the same time so I mainly focus on muscle exercise using equipment. There are various exercise methods introduced on YouTube so I tend to refer to them. I wasn’t the type who enjoys working out but it’s fun because when I do, it relieve my stress. I’m also proud of myself for doing it consistently. (laughs) t/n: *eorinyi = child

Spoiler

1f73005b7a1f382b8909effb52a3970da62b6e1f

Do you meet your friends often when you’re on a break? I used to see them often, but we haven’t seen each other this year because of filming drama and COVID-19. I don’t enjoy drinking alcohol so I like to chat while drinking coffee at quiet places the most. I have a lot of non-celebrity friends whom I’ve known since I was in school, so we can’t stop chatting when we see each other. Some are married while others are still working, so it’s good listening to their various stories. The day goes by fast when we share our updates or talk about old memories.

Do you seek advice from your friends? Truthfully, I don’t really have any worries these days. I’m not a multitasker, so I only think about my work when I’m involved in a project. Even now, my biggest concern and priority is how to lead “No Matter What” and my acting. I think about what I can do, and if it still doesn’t work out, I’ll ask the director or my costars for advice.

You seem to be more active in your work after marriage. It wasn’t intentional, but I once had a long break from acting. Back then, I had a lot of desire to work. While monitoring other popular dramas, I was eager to do a project as soon as soon as possible. But just because you want to act doesn’t mean you get a chance to be in a project. I think in those days, I wasn’t able to get many chances because I was lacking a lot as an actor. I was depressed after going through a hard time, but these days, I’m just happy every day. I’m very grateful to be part of a drama series.

What did you do during your break? I felt lethargic and sluggish when I wasn’t doing anything. So I learned a variety of things like Chinese and guitar. It’s actually embarrassing to say I was learning stuff because I didn’t really learn one thing intensively so I didn’t master anything properly. (laughs) But it was still a pleasant experience back then, and it was a vital factor for me to get through the hiatus.

Spoiler

8b222ec6b5e02f1365ef7a97f41b2a763704bd96

You debut was in 2001. What’s the driving force that made you come this far? When I look back on my work, every moment of filming remains a great source of pleasure for me. There were definitely times when I was tired or faced with limitations, but it’s a precious memory incomparable to anything else. I think that feeling gives me the power to continue on. I went to auditions with the mindset, ’I lacked these kinds of acting skills. I think I can do better from now on!’ You can only check to see if you’re doing well based on the works that you can learn from. I think I’ve come this far to get that opportunity. There’s no limit for the desire to do well.

Many people still think of the MBC sitcom “High Kick” when they think of Na Hye Mi. It’s amazing that it’s still loved by so many people when it was 13 years ago. I heard that related videos are often uploaded on YouTube and it was still airing on TV recently. Some people also tell me they enjoyed it. (laughs) I’m often asked if I dislike the “High Kick” association. I’m so honored. I had a lot of fun during the filming too. It’s just embarrassing to see my old self as a rookie again. (laughs) I think I can do better if I were to film it again. I’d like to try a project like “High Kick” if I get a chance.

You probably want to try changing your image through a role. Until now, I’ve played many roles where I was haughty, chic or dressed up in fancy clothes. From now on, I want to try a down to earth and comfortable character like the girl next door. I want to show a natural side of me that is not made up at all. I’d like to try out a profession like doctor. Since I haven’t been on the screen for a long time, it would be also nice doing a movie. It doesn’t matter a romance or comedy genre. I like anything that’s a different from the previous image of Na Hye Mi. I’m ready to work hard on anything. (laughs)

What do you think makes a good actor? I think an actor who can express the feelings in the script well and convey their feelings to the viewers is a good actor. Moreover, I want to become an actor who is loved not only by the public but also by fellow actors and staff members that I work with. For that to happen, I should become a better person, right? From now on, I want to encourage myself by telling myself “Let’s do better than I am now.

Spoiler

6d4121e07474092b14f251317f782be48cbe2074

Source: Women Sense
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

[ENG SUB] 10 Quick Question with Na Hyemi: What’s Good About Being Married over Single? Woman Sense Cover Interview

Turn on caption for subtitle

Spoiler

Original video by Women Sense

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to watch this for Kim Jin Woo since I liked him in Left-Handed Wife but the plot didn't interest me with the first 8 episodes... can anyone tell me how much screentime does he have and what episode does he show up? At least I want to see a glimpse of this actor even if I'm not watching it or someone can convince me if I should pick it up again :joy:

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

I enjoyed this weeks episodes and felt they kept moving the plot lines forward, particularly the romances which are what I am most interested in!  At this point I like everyone expect BoRa's biological father and the cross dresser.  I find the cross dresser's current behavior so appalling it doesn't make me sympathetic towards him even as they reveal his back story.

Sunny's Aunt is almost the most interesting character to me.  She is arrogant and responded terribly to the accident but her husband does treat her SO badly that I almost feel her arrogance is a shield against that (not that it excuses the way she can treat others.)

I don't see how they can go another ~70 episodes with the plot lines we have at this point.  I wonder what they will introduce in the future...

7 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

I enjoyed this weeks episodes and felt they kept moving the plot lines forward, particularly the romances which are what I am most interested in!  At this point I like everyone expect BoRa's biological father and the cross dresser.  I find the cross dresser's current behavior so appalling it doesn't make me sympathetic towards him even as they reveal his back story.

Sunny's Aunt is almost the most interesting character to me.  She is arrogant and responded terribly to the accident but her husband does treat her SO badly that I almost feel her arrogance is a shield against that (not that it excuses the way she can treat others.)

I don't see how they can go another ~70 episodes with the plot lines we have at this point.  I wonder what they will introduce in the future...

Also the cross dresser kidnapped Na Joon when he was a kid. I feel like he is running away more than creditors. 

You could see where they were heading with that story I just hope they don't give us some one night stand pregnancy nonsense. JS needs AH's gumption and she needs some of his Zen mode. She got enough on her plate without being preggers.

I hope BR doesn't give in and meet that selfish prick of a bio dad of hers. He'll just spin her a tale and try to emotional manipulate her. They needed to hurry and tell her dad because I can see bio dad being jealous and using the secret to take a stab at her true dad. He'llbe so hurt when he finds out every one knew but him. Bio dad, his wife, and the niece are peas in a pod, vile people.  

No point even ranting about the fake gran. If she wanted to be useful she should have just stayed up in the mountains. <_<

They drank so much, empty bottles in the hotel room too. I think Ahri will be pregnant so her father will treat her like step-mom father. Then the feud that will be between the two stepsisters with the stepmom in the middle. Finally the red head producer will probably black ball Ahri when she finds out. Have no idea how JunSoo will act. This is getting so good. I really don't like the crossdressing grandma, the more you learn the worse his/her actions are and have been. That's it for me for now.....

On 11/25/2020 at 1:32 AM, tas82 said:

You could see where they were heading with that story I just hope they don't give us some one night stand pregnancy nonsense. JS needs AH's gumption and she needs some of his Zen mode. She got enough on her plate without being preggers.

I hope BR doesn't give in and meet that selfish prick of a bio dad of hers. He'll just spin her a tale and try to emotional manipulate her. They needed to hurry and tell her dad because I can see bio dad being jealous and using the secret to take a stab at her true dad. He'llbe so hurt when he finds out every one knew but him. Bio dad, his wife, and the niece are peas in a pod, vile people.  

No point even ranting about the fake gran. If she wanted to be useful she should have just stayed up in the mountains. <_<

I mean they drank a lot so maybe she's not? Also Junsoo seemed to have his trousers on. I really wish they'd stop pushing the Junsoo-Bora storyline. I think it's pretty ironic that Junsoo was thinking of Ah-Ri, about to message her and decided not to when seeing Bora's call. He's very wishy washy.

So far my impression of this drama is a bit eh?? But hey, I’ll take a somewhat slice of life stuff over some over complicated drama shenanigans! Plus, I really like the mother (Haesim?), Byeori and Ahri, and Ahri and Junsu’s relationship really reminded me of Gye Ok and Seorak’s relationship from Brilliant Heritage at first, so I really do support them to be together, it’s kind of cute how Ahri’s kind of this brash woman and Junsu’s just dumbfounded but gradually gets attached to her. I just hope they didn’t get character-butchered like Gye Ok did LOL

I didn’t like Bora at first, now I’m just meh towards her? I didn’t like how she was acting towards Haesim regarding her jerk of birth dad, she was the one who decided to trust him, even though her mother warned her not to, and she lashed out at her mom after??? EXCUSE ME, WOMAN?? In my house, my mom would’ve kicked me out if I were acting like such a brat, meanwhile she got off scot free! (man my mom even repeated the same “if that little brat was my daughter...” speech that she gave me when she saw the scummy stepsis from Brilliant Heritage) I thought that Daero was too good for her then he enabled her so I was like... yea, good for you then, *%#@... good thing Bora realized on her own that she was wrong, which is kinda rare in drama shows, so points for her I guess. And that Eom lady is more annoying and arrogant so I guess by contrast Bora is kinda more bearable. I really don’t like that Eom lady, she’s sooooo damn clingy and she acts so entitled, she reminds me of the kids from my highschool who used to bully me (sorry I’m biased LOL) so good to see Junsu was like “BEGONE TH*T” towards her HAHAHA

It'll be interesting to see if Junsu starts getting attached to Ah Ri, he looked kind of shy when they were talking. I think Ahri's dad is well liked within the company, doesn't look like the chairwoman accepted his resignation which makes sense to me because Ahri's dad seemed to do all the work. Kim Won Tae is too arrogant by far.

@lysanderayumiit really be like that the lower ranking employees (especially the leads or related to them) in the kdrama companies seem to be the talented, skilled, hardworking and well-liked ones, sooo classic XD I really hope they don’t do the classic lame redemption stuff with Won Tae, he’s a despicable, arrogant, selfish, egocentric hooman being, Bora really shouldn’t give him even an inch, too bad he’s her boss so she couldn’t block him :<

Also yeah compared to Bora it’s more interesting to see Ahri with Junsu, it’s kind of boring to see the classic princely good looking guy acting cool and seeing him with Ahri being shy and somewhat out of character was kinda cute ahahaha

I like Bora and Ahri but like Bora a little more.  I think Bora is a better person in her heart than she allows herself to be as she wants to become a celebrity and I enjoy that dichotomy.  I do prefer Ahri with Junsu but I'm pretty sure that will be where things end up and I'm willing to wait...

So they're pushing the Junsoo- Bora loveliness and honestly it's so boring and I'm not down with it, they're just making things messier. Ahri's —probably—  going to end up with Junsoo (because she and Daero share a sibling )  and it just makes everything unnecessarily complicated. Also Junsoo is a bit lacking in common sense, he never copped on despite his mom's complaints that Ahri and Bora are step-siblings? 

Archived