[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

On 10/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@mjmartinez welcome chingu, glad to have more viewers :)

AhRi's family seemed kind to Byeo Ri, hopefully they agree to have her. 

hehe glad to be here! after the drama Once Again I come to stumble this drama. 

the Drama is really good, but I like the second couple more than the first couple their story is more interesting and more conflicting than the first couple.

to be honest I kinda dont like Dae Ro character his so assertive whenever he talk's and approach Bo Ra 

• Awesome 2

Preview with Kocowa subs:

Ae Sook: She’s exploiting him like a servant.

Voice: Director Shin, come to my office.

Hae Shim: Did something happen?
Ahri: Why would you wake me up so early in the morning?

Bora: Take care of Byeori soon.

Ahri: I looked into a good orphanage.

Cross-dresser: Did you finish school now?

@nohamahamoud2002, unfortunately Joong Han seem to really hate his ex-wife so I don’t know if Byeori can stay with his family for much longer. He just found out in today’s episode that Byeori is the ex-wife’s daughter. 

I think Byeori’s biological father needs to come forward and take responsibility. Right now Ahri is looking for a good orphanage because she believes that there’s no way her father will take on the responsibility of raising his ex-wife’s kid. I understand both sides of this issue so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2020 at 9:56 AM, mjmartinez said:

the Drama is really good but I like the second couple more that the 1st couple their story is more interesting and more conflict than the first couple

to be honest I kinda dont like Dae Ro character his so assertive whenever he talk's and approach Bo Ra 

I don't like Dae Ro's speech towards her either, however, I really don't like the attitude of either girl.  Bo Ra is sweet when she wants to be but is also very rude.  She really thinks she is better than Ah Ri (who is no better).

Ah Ri is jus plain ole mean.  From the beginning of the show, I did not like the character's attitude.  First, she made the Byeo Ru lie about her mother being dead, then she tells the little girl she is going to send her to an orphanage, then lied to the parents, and so on. How are they going to change that?

Anyway, I like the drama especially Hae Shim (the actor kills me in every drama with his high pitched voice). I think Bo Ra's grandpa is going to fall for him/her. LOL!!! Oh the antics!

Happy Episode 16 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, tarjig said:

I don't like Dae Ro's speech towards her either, however, I really don't like the attitude of either girl.  Bo Ra is sweet when she wants to be but is also very rude.  She really thinks she is better than Ah Ri (who is no better).

Ah Ri is jus plain ole mean.  From the beginning of the show, I did not like the character's attitude.  First, she made the Byeo Ru lie about her mother being dead, then she tells the little girl she is going to send her to an orphanage, then lied to the parents, and so on. How are they going to change that?

I didn’t like Ahri’s attitude for a different reason. I didn’t like the way she took her stepmom’s truck during a workday and acted like it’s no big deal. Her stepmom’s business was affected because she wasn’t able to make deliveries. The way Ahri behaved was selfish and she didn’t even apologize to the stepmom for taking the truck without permission. Another thing I didn’t like was the way she expected that not showing up for work for three days without informing her employer was okay. That was rude and irresponsible. She should have at least inform them that she had a family emergency.

I don’t blame Ahri at all for telling Byeori that she will send her to an orphanage. How is she supposed to raise a kid when she lives at her parent’s house? I think it’s utterly ridiculous to expect her father and stepmother to raise Byeori. If her parents decide to take Byeori in after they find out the truth then that’s another story. Otherwise, it would have been shameless and presumptuous for Ahri to take Byeori home and expect her father to raise his ex-wife’s kid. And to booth an ex-wife whom that father seem to hate. Who knows if she left him or cheated on him with Byeori’s father. We don’t know their story yet. He must be bitter for a reason. Anyway, like Bora said, it’s unfair of Ahri to bring that trouble home to their parents. 

Ahri was wrong to tell Byeori to lie but I think I understand why she did it considering the angry temper her father seem to have when the ex-wife is mentioned. Please understand that honestly these people are under no obligation to raise a stranger’s child who have nothing to do with them. If Ahri made good money and lived in her own place I can totally see her raising Byeori. To me what needs to happen is the biological father needs to step forward and take responsibility for his child.

That said, I do like Byeori. I hope she gets to live in a stable home soon.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I didn’t like Ahri’s attitude for a different reason. I didn’t like the way she took her stepmom’s truck during a workday and acted like it’s no big deal. Her stepmom’s business was affected because she wasn’t able to make deliveries. The way Ahri behaved was selfish and she didn’t even apologize to the stepmom for taking the truck without permission. Another thing I didn’t like was the way she expected that not showing up for work for three days without informing her employer was okay. That was rude and irresponsible. She should have at least inform them that she had a family emergency.

I don’t blame Ahri at all for telling Byeori that she will send her to an orphanage. How is she supposed to raise a kid when she lives at her parent’s house? I think it’s utterly ridiculous to expect her father and stepmother to raise Byeori. If her parents decide to take Byeori in after they find out the truth then that’s another story. Otherwise, it would have been shameless and presumptuous for Ahri to take Byeori home and expect her father to raise his ex-wife’s kid. And to booth an ex-wife whom that father seem to hate. Who knows if she left him or cheated on him with Byeori’s father. We don’t know their story yet. He must be bitter for a reason. Anyway, like Bora said, it’s unfair of Ahri to bring that trouble home to their parents. 

Ahri was wrong to tell Byeori to lie but I think I understand why she did it considering the angry temper her father seem to have when the ex-wife is mentioned. Please understand that honestly these people are under no obligation to raise a stranger’s child who have nothing to do with them. If Ahri made good money and lived in her own place I can totally see her raising Byeori. To me what needs to happen is the biological father needs to step forward and take responsibility for his child.

That said, I do like Byeori. I hope she gets to live in a stable home soon.

This this this!!

I haven't taken to either sister. Ah Ri's complete indifference to the chaos she caused her mum put me  right of her. I couldn't believe she didn't at least tell work she's gonna be unavailable. I'll give her the fact that  she was emotionally in a bad place but she saw all them miss calls and messages, it would have taken her a few seconds to send a message plus to expect zero repercussions when she didn't even have the manners to explain herself was extremely immature of her. As to Bo Ra, she has an air of arrogance about her that doesn't come across well.  

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

I think Byeo Ri disappearance will affect Ah Ri deeply, since that's her regret to her biological mom when she's alive and it will create conflict between Ah Ri and her Father 

I think Byeo Ri Biological Father will take care of her without letting anyone knows that he has byeo Ri 

Maybe I'm over analyzing it :sweat_smile: but I'm hoping that Byeo Ri will let Ah Ri know that she's with granny 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmartinez said:

I think Byeo Ri disappearance will affect Ah Ri deeply, since that's her regret to her biological mom when she's alive and it will create conflict between Ah Ri and her Father 

I think Byeo Ri Biological Father will take care of her without letting anyone knows that he has byeo Ri 

Maybe I'm over analyzing it :sweat_smile: but I'm hoping that Byeo Ri will let Ah Ri know that she's with granny 

The biological father should come forward and take care of his kid. I couldn’t believe him when at the food stand Byeori told him that she’s staying at her sister’s house and he asked her if they’re nice to her and she said yes and he told her, “Then you can keep living there”. How shameless can he be! The mother raised her alone and it should be his turn now to step forward and take care of his child. 

@tas82, it also really seems to be that the cross-dresser is Dae Ro’s father and therefore Dae Ro is Byeori’s older brother.

It almost seems like the cross-dresser will try to live with Dae Ro. Things are getting weirder because that’s Hae Shim’s father’s house. So basically Hae Shim’s father’s house will now be occupied by the people connected with her husband’s ex-wife. Heh.

What’s up with Bora’s biological father? He wants to reach out to his grown daughter now she’s an adult? Why didn’t he keep in touch with her? And Ae Sook is getting on my nerves. Why is she bothering Hae Shim about Won Tae, Bora’s biological father? The woman remarried and have a different life with her husband so why should she be concerned over whether the current wife of her ex-husband is treating him like a servant? 

Translation of preview:

Ae Sook: Is it because of that kid that Ahri brought?
Joong Han: Don’t ever bring them up.

Dae Ro: We should hire a new kitchen hand, right?
Cross-dresser: Let me stay here for a few days.

Dae Ro: What?
Hae Shim’s father: I can never allow that!
Voice: She disappeared after leaving this letter?
Byeori: If it’s not for me, Ahri can..

Cross-dresser: Stop crying. You should go to your sister now.

Boy was Ahri’s father flipping mad when he found out whose child Byeori is. He seems to hate his ex-wife with a passion. I wonder if somehow the ex-wife invested in a business and lost their money because apparently they had debtors coming after them. That sounds like she did it behind his back because it doesn’t seem like he knew about the debtors. Even Hae Shim and Bora were shocked by his rage. He lashed out at Hae Shim when she rightly told him that Byeori is innocent in all this. The child is indeed a good kid. It’s a pity that Joong Han hates her mother so much. At least she and Ahri are bonding. Hopefully she gets settled in a stable home soon. I don’t know if Ahri can manage on her own because she didn’t even seem to have the money to pay Joon Soo for his phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow what in the world did that woman do to that dude. The venom in his hatred for her is just wow. They mention debt collectors but that most definitely isn't all. Also her nature as the sauna ahjumma just doesn't add up to someone so detestable, mind she left her kid however there's more to her sorry I don't think it's a simple cheating orbdebt scandal. Gonna guess she helped someone andvended getting the shitty end of the stick which screwed over her family and to protect them she  ran away. Byeori is too nice for her mum to be pure poison but who knows some folks change after a setback so... Also when did her relationship with cross dresser begin? Was her someone who helped her out while she was down on her luck, then they grew close and made Byeori? But then  again did she run up debts helping him cause he's faked his death because of debts so were their debts linked and did it cause debt collectors to also go after Ah Ri and her dad? So many questions!

How old was Dae Ro when his dad left? I feel he knows or suspects Byeori might be his sister. I really hope the cross dresser storyline doesn't go for to long into the drama. Apart from the fact it's just so ridiculous, if it carries on too long it would also mean that he's not taking responsibility for his kid. Byeori deserves better than some cloak and dagger support from the sidelines. Considering the stigma and bullying that can be attached to having no parents or being an orphanage kid it would be cruel for them to prolong that on that wee trooper. She needs stability.

• Like 2

@tas82, I don’t think people need to be detestable to enrage people. Don’t forget the airhead sister in Brilliant Heritage. She wasn’t exactly evil but she sure cause a lot of serious problems. The worse kind of people to deal with are the ones who prey on a person’s pity and eventually ruin the person who they take advantage of. I can see if the mother took shady debts things might have gotten ugly for Ahri and her father. What if they lost their house that they put a lot of money into buying? That’s pretty painful and to some people, unforgivable. Not to mention if they were constantly harassed by thugs. They say a lot of people get divorced over finances and worse if those finances were a burden that makes the divorce bitter. 

Well, since we don’t know the story, I guess we have to wait and see. I know the father seem to have loved the ex-wife very much but that love has turned to hate. He even used the word “cruel” when referring to the ex-wife. Ahri was also a bit bitter with the mother in the beginning too. She blamed her for never looking after her and even said Byeori was lucky. 

• Like 3

@celebrianna thank for the clarification really appreciate it! :heart1:

but I like for Byeo Ri to stay in her sister and her sister's family first and resolve the issue regarding Ah Ri's father  before the biological Dad taking responsibility.

to make Byeo Ri's family Tree wider and Bigger

since she got bullied a lot for not having a family (as her mom said in the dream sequence)  

• Like 2

@mjmartinez, I think right now Byeori needs a stable home and I’m not sure that Ahri can provide that. They’re living in a motel right now where unsavory characters appear. That’s not a good environment for both Ahri and Byeori.

Regarding Byeori living with Ahri’s father and stepmother, I think it would be unrealistic to have the father’s feelings towards the ex-wife resolve anytime soon. He’s been hating the ex-wife for years now. That’s why Ahri told Byeori to lie in the first place. I can’t see those feelings of bitterness disappearing soon. Only unless he gives in purely to get Ahri to return home. But then how uncomfortable will Byeori be living there knowing the father’s feelings? Notice the father said to get that child out of his sight. He’s very angry right now and won’t even listen to Hae Shim. So, I can’t see their home being a place where Byeori wouldn’t have to walk on egg shells. 

Byeori will get more family members through her biological father. Dae Ro is probably her older brother. If he hooks up with Bora, she gets another sister. Then she has her biological father and Ahri. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Notice the father said to get that child out of his sight. He’s very angry right now and won’t even listen to Hae Shim. So, I can’t see their home being a place where Byeori wouldn’t have to walk on egg shells. 

I think the writer-nim will make a plot for Joong Han to finally accept Byeori (really hoping it would be awesome and not so draggy though)

:approves:

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Dae Ro is probably her older brother. If he hooks up with Bora

if Dae Ro's true history got exposed, will Bora's stepdad immediately accept Dae Ro as his future son in law? since his biological father is connected to the person he hates the most (I think this will going to be a plot device for the future conflict in the drama) 

• Like 1

I like Ah Ri better than Bo Ra but she is rude, I think Bo Ra is worse though, she calls Ah Ri's dad 'Appa' but takes offense if Ah Ri call her mom 'Eomma', also considering Korean Hierarchy she's actually stepping out of line a lot, especially calling Ah Ri, her full name when it's considered rude in Korean culture. I get how Ah Ri decided to deal with Byeori but I don't approve of her not calling into work. I think Ah Ri's love line will be way more interesting though.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, lysanderayumi said:

I like Ah Ri better than Bo Ra but she is rude, I think Bo Ra is worse though, she calls Ah Ri's dad 'Appa' but takes offense if Ah Ri call her mom 'Eomma', also considering Korean Hierarchy she's actually stepping out of line a lot, especially calling Ah Ri, her full name when it's considered rude in Korean culture. I get how Ah Ri decided to deal with Byeori but I don't approve of her not calling into work. I think Ah Ri's love line will be way more interesting though.

Ahri is in for a rough ride with her loveline. It is blatantly clear that Ae Sook, Joon Soo’s mother doesn’t like Ahri much. Plus the mom already have it in her head that Joon Soo should marry into a prestigious family especially considering the success of his company and bright future. I am looking forward to their romance though. 

• Like 2

Preview 12:

Ahri: You know how startled I was?
Byeori: I want to go home soon.

Ahri: That inn is not our home.

Joong Han: Don’t call or get Ahri’s calls from now on.

Hae Shim: I happened to run into her.

Hae Shim’s father: What is this? Is it a ghost?
Cross-dresser: It’s so noisy.

Dae Ro: Where are you? I’ll go.

Bora: Why is it so dark over here?
Dae Ro: Chan Sung-ah!

I’m glad Dae Ro refused to collaborate with Joon Soo. I think he would lose his business concept if he did. I don’t think their target market is the same either since Joon Soo proposed a luxurious brand for the collaboration. Besides, it’s probably better to grow their own business in their own way. I somehow want Ahri to work with Dae Ro to promote his business, Wonky Lunchbox.

• Like 2

I too prefer Ah Ri than Bora. I didn't like Ah Ri's dad dislike of Byeo Ri, who is just a young girl, also I disapprove of him slapping Ah Ri. He feels bitter towards his late ex-wife, but why does he vent his anger towards a child?

Bora's wife is wiser than her husband. She is so kind to the child, despite being the ex-wife's daughter 

• Like 1