[Drama 2021] Undercover, 언더커버

larus

Hi all, i've been following this drama but first time am posting here. Totally love this mostly because of JJH and KHJ combination although i much prefer JJH in a suit (a the president in Designated survivor). The down side is this drama is taking a long time to sub.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:24 AM, reddragon said:

That Go Yoon Joo is totally wasted. I thought she was able to think straight when she received help from Jung Hyun.

GYJ is unstable. Is she doing drugs?? i thought so becos she doesn't have a steady job and the loan sharks are after her. Although i like her to,  I don't think she will be of help to LSG maybe she'll do more harm then good. Its a pity that LSG is in this fight all alone and its frustrating seeing him juggle home with and autistic son and spying on DYG

• Like 5

HJH and GYJ are trapped in the situation according to new happening in episode 11. In the warehouse scene during GYJ younger self the bad guys injected drugs into her to cause her downfall. It’s not like she do that drugs on her own will. Quite pitiful. I love all the fight scenes in this drama, always exciting throughout the show. Actually watch first episode and stopped but later picked up again when happen to see some of the fight scenes. But always need to watch Chinese version coz English sub always out very late. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Currently watching episode 12, in the middle of it. I get that their marriage and her trust in him is going through a rough patch, but I can't wait for her to remember how real their love is, so they finally unite and join forces to fight off the bad guys. I'm annoyed at how much of an upper hand they always seem to have.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2021 at 10:24 PM, reddragon said:

Even Do Young Gul, who continues to haunt Jung Hyun because he cannot get over the fact that the latter was better than him since they were young agents, is beginning to question some of Im's decisions. Will he be a turncoat later?

Yes, I think he will kill Im Hyung Rak in the end. I think, that Do Young Gul is not that bad in the end. I mean, it's his job and he thinks, that he risks his life for the well-being of the country. yes, he got dirty money from Im Hyung Rak, but he thinks, he deserved them. I'm sure, that he started to question Im's decisions long ago, but he prefers to think that he still protects the country. We all understand, that sometimes law is too complicated. But when Do Young Gul realized that he and others agents are just tools for Im Hyung Rak's greed and ambitions, it will be Im Hyung Rak's downfall. This day is close. 

• Like 5

I felt sad for Go Yoon Joo in Ep. 11. She said it - she worked hard for the country, but when her body broke, the country or rather the NIS abandoned her. It's not because she wanted to do drugs. She was a deep penetration agent assigned to the drug syndicate. It was not mentioned, but I think she was raped by the head of the syndicate who gave her drugs the first time. She's getting the drugs pure, which slowly destroyed her.

Hopefully she's not carrying the video tape in her bag that the personally hired man of Im Hyung Rak took from her. Another good thing is that she still has her wits and training about her, but she's slower now as she lacks training and practice, plus the fact that she's turned to alcohol now. I think it was Im Hyung Rak who killed Kim Tae Yeol in prison. That snake sure killed so many people.

She said she does not want to run away anymore. Setting aside her one-sided crush on Lee Suk Kyu, I hope they can work together to bring down Im Hyung Rak hard.

Likewise, I do hope that Oh Pil Jae will stop being ambivalent and help Lee Suk Kyu because he wants to be free of the shackles of the NIS. Right now he's still a tool. The NIS has unlimited supply of money IHR can dangle under the noses of people such as Oh Pil Jae,  Do Young Gul, and others like them.

But I did not like Choi Yeon Soo's actions in Ep. 11. She's the head of CIO, but she doesn't have a bodyguard. She goes on to meet someone without telling anyone in the office. If she goes missing, how would anyone know? She left the office when almost everyone's out. There have been so many clues that she's being watched/monitored but her head's above the clouds, as always.

She saw her office's security people in the park, yet she did not even think of taking a picture of them. She just wondered why they are there? Where's the logic in that? Isn't that evidence already that all her actions are closely monitored? Don't tell me she thinks they're there to protect her. She should have thought how they knew where she is. She's intelligent but for me she's also dumb. She's so used to her husband solving her problems, and said husband is working double time now just to protect her, risking his life to keep her safe. Her character frustrates me.

They should be aware of cyber security, especially for an office such as theirs that handles sensitive and high-risk information. Despite the tools the NIS have for hacking computers, they should have security layers and other security protocols that will check their computer system, alerting them of security and data breaches. After the spy cameras, they should have been more aware. They should have an IT person within the office. The detective knows IT but since theirs is a very lean office, he's kept busy with other things to check their internal security. There are only five of them in the office, so when everyone's out checking evidence, following leads, etc. no one's left at the office. Duh? The setting is SK and the country is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world.

• Like 5

“Bossam: Steal The Fate” And “Undercover” Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

2d438b870d654446848e3ab7f86d946b.jpeg?s=

Jun 6, 2021
by E. Cha

Both MBN’s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” and JTBC’s “Undercover” soared to new heights last night!

“Undercover” also reached a new all-time high with its latest episode, which earned an average rating of 4.5 percent nationwide.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473199wpp/bossam-steal-the-fate-and-undercover-achieve-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 2
  • Love 2

When Jung Hyun came visit Kim Tae Yeol's mother and offered to drive her to the cemetery, he asked her to give him something that he asked her to safe keep for him.  Do you think that is the document (a photocopy of the original) that Cha Min Ho tried to give to Yeon Soo?  If this is the case, do you think Kim Tae Yeol's mother would have looked inside what the document is all about?  Or do you think Jung Hyun had already confessed to his mother who he really is?  Probably not but i'm pretty sure this is where Jung Hyun hides the photocopy.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, my0t1 said:

When Jung Hyun came visit Kim Tae Yeol's mother and offered to drive her to the cemetery, he asked her to give him something that he asked her to safe keep for him.  Do you think that is the document (a photocopy of the original) that Cha Min Ho tried to give to Yeon Soo?  If this is the case, do you think Kim Tae Yeol's mother would have looked inside what the document is all about?  Or do you think Jung Hyun had already confessed to his mother who he really is?  Probably not but i'm pretty sure this is where Jung Hyun hides the photocopy.

i think the document may be something more than just the ori copy of what CMH tried to give Yeon Soo, hopefully evidence that will definitely nailed IHR.

Can someone explain what Taeyol's voice recording that IHR sent to Yeon Soo was about?? i didn't quiet catch it. Yeon Soo seemed shocked more like disbelief at what Taeyol's was saying to IHR. 

On 6/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, imgreatgal said:

Can someone explain what Taeyol's voice recording that IHR sent to Yeon Soo was about?? i didn't quiet catch it. Yeon Soo seemed shocked more like disbelief at what Taeyol's was saying to IHR. 

I think it was a recording that showed Taeyol is not as good a person as Yeon Soo thought him to be. Apparently he was willing to give up a piece of evidence to prove his friend’s innocence in exchange for a meeting with the president. So sort of sacrificing the friend’s life. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's about right, @Prettysup. Among the student activists then, Yeon Soo was the most loyal to Kim Tae Yeol, believing him to be working so hard to make their ideology accepted by the government. So she was so shocked to learn that her idol is not that above board. He is willing to sacrifice a supported because he was willing to work with the enemy for his personal gain. Of course there is always the possibility that the recording was edited.

What is Kang Chung Mo's agenda? He was another loyal supporter of Kim Tae Yeol but now he's willing to work with IM HYUNG RAK because he became the new secretary general of the Blue House? He did mention that he does not care what IHR did before, how many people he ordered killed, or if he embezzled funds, as long as IHR is working to make the country better. Is he being naive or is he in a state of euphoria after being made Sec Gen?

IHR is giving away many clues - his objective is to prevent the transparency act from becoming a law because he and his cronies are pocketing trillions of intelligence funds and keeping them in Swiss banks. And of course, there's the presidency, which will give him immunity for a while. Publicly, his ''super clean'' bio shows that he's very frugal and live within his means. Unknown to many, he's got money stashed away, and a long list of properties, including a few villas, all acquired from government funds, which used to be managed by Park Won Jong, which he ordered killed.

I think IHR will not release the funds for vote-buying. He's making empty promises to his cronies, especially to Yoo Sang Dong, who's been bugging him about it. He's planning something else to assure he becomes the next president.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, Prettysup said:

I think it was a recording that showed Taeyol is not as good a person as Yeon Soo thought him to be. Apparently he was willing to give up a piece of evidence to prove his friend’s innocence in exchange for a meeting with the president. So sort of sacrificing the friend’s life. 

I don't think, that this made him a bad person. It's very naive to think, that you can gain anything without sacrifices. And yes, it's better to sacrifice one person and save a million of people. And yes, it's unfair and cruel.

But, of course, it's always a choice. 

On 6/11/2021 at 1:05 AM, airgelaal said:

I don't think, that this made him a bad person. It's very naive to think, that you can gain anything without sacrifices. And yes, it's better to sacrifice one person and save a million of people. And yes, it's unfair and cruel.

But, of course, it's always a choice. 

So, is sacrificing some lives for the 'greater good' considered a noble cause? Isn't Im Hyung-rak killing ppl for the sake of the country too? How about those ppl who sacrificed some lives to develop some great cures or vaccines, are they justified in doing so? 

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021] Undercover, 언더커버

This season this is best drama for me better than penthouse new season. Will missed the action.

this drama also happens to have the best son of this season from any kdrama from Huh Gak - Under the lonely sky.

• Like 2