[Drama 2021] Undercover, 언더커버

larus

I think I'm very excited about this drama!

JiJinHee my favourite actor.:partyblob:

Spoiler

Minor gripe why does she have her finger inside the trigger. You only put your finger inside when you are really ready to shoot and talking has finished!

https://www.gungoddess.com/blogs/fundamentals/trigger-discipline-keep-your-finger-off-the-trigger

• Like 4

Watch: Kim Hyun Joo And Ji Jin Hee Are A Married Couple Torn Apart By A Secret In Teaser For Drama Based On BBC’s “Undercover”

007d4f5d49344996b0c5db5b0ca1d860.jpeg?s=

Mar 19, 2021
by J. K

JTBC’s “Undercover” revealed its second teaser video!

Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo take starring roles in this upcoming drama that’s based on a BBC series of the same name.

In “Undercover,” Ji Jin Hee plays Han Jung Hyun, an agent with the National Intelligence Service who’s been hiding his true identity after he fell in love with Choi Yeon Soo (played by Kim Hyun Joo). Choi Yeon Soo is a human rights lawyer who becomes the first head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (CIO).

Although Han Jung Hyun has thrown away everything he has and lives under a fake identity, his secret life gets caught up in an uncontrollable whirlwind when his wife Choi Yeon Soo becomes nominated for the CIO position. Meanwhile, Choi Yeon Soo made the pursuit of justice and truth her life mission, but when she’s considered for the post at the CIO, she encounters a shocking truth. The show follows the pair’s fierce battle to protect love and justice from the huge forces that dominate and shake the country for profit.

A new teaser video for “Undercover” highlights a tense confrontation between Choi Yeon Soo and Han Jung Hyun, showing the deep crack that’s formed between the couple.

Choi Yeon Soo points a gun at Han Jung Hyun, and her eyes convey the distress she’s experiencing inside. She asks in a voice over, “Who are you?” and Han Jung Hyun looks back at her with an expression full of sorrow.

In the drama, Han Sun Hwa and Yeon Woo Jin appear as younger versions of Choi Yeon Soo and Han Jung Hyun. A flashback to their first meeting shows the younger Choi Yeon Soo calling out to Han Jung Hyun, asking him for his name. He replies with a smile, “I’m Han Jung Hyun.”

The two characters loved each other deeply and trusted in one another, and the teaser shows their happy married life together. However, all the while, Han Jung Hyun is hiding a secret. “In order to protect, he had to hide it,” reads the text.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1460025wpp/watch-kim-hyun-joo-and-ji-jin-hee-are-a-married-couple-torn-apart-by-a-secret-in-undercover-teaser

• Like 3

Hello, everyone! Let me share this teaser with English Subtitles. You can watch and save it from here: GDrive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-3eEtC5OKSgMCP9K0-bCEskLAPbMJsqU

-Jane

Let me also share their script reading videos with English Subtitles, you can watch and save all 6 clips from here: GDrive Link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-2VwsDeDB4WOHrZF9PwHVF10yR8qRiZH

Please note that this is my first time putting Eng Sub on videos so please forgive me for the mistakes. And also, I don't speak Korean nor do I read their alphabet. I'm relying only on various translator applications for the translations. ๑♥‿♥๑

-Jane

1 minute ago, JaneLovesMsKimHyunJoo said:

Hello, everyone! Let me share this teaser with English Subtitles. You can watch and save it from here: GDrive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-3eEtC5OKSgMCP9K0-bCEskLAPbMJsqU

-Jane

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

0a55b1cbad7f49c1b956a0bf14f754e8.jpeg?s=

Ji Jin Hee, Kim Hyun Joo, Yeon Woo Jin, And Han Sun Hwa Have Steadfast Resolve In Posters For “Undercover”

Mar 24, 2021

by S. Nam

Upcoming JTBC drama “Undercover” released new character posters!

In “Undercover,” which is a drama based on a BBC series of the same name, Ji Jin Hee plays Han Jung Hyun, an agent with the National Intelligence Service who’s been hiding his true identity after he fell in love with Choi Yeon Soo (played by Kim Hyun Joo). Choi Yeon Soo is a human rights lawyer who becomes the first head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (CIO).

The new character posters of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo highlight their relationship and the truth they’re hiding. Han Jung Hyun shows a powerful and intense charisma in his poster, and the text, “A man who has to conceal something in order to protect,” conveys his desperate struggle. Han Jung Hyun has thrown away everything for his new life, and the new poster previews his fate as an undercover agent who can’t reveal his true self to protect what’s precious to him.

Ji-Jin-Hee-Yeon-Woo-Jin.jpg

Choi Yeon Soo has a gentle expression that still portrays her powerful resolve. The text on her poster reads, “A woman who has to stand up to something in order to protect.” Choi Yeon Soo is nominated for a CIO position after being acknowledged for her beliefs and the skills she’s cultivated as a human rights lawyer. However, she’ll encounter a shocking truth in the process and be swept up in chaos. The poster portrays Choi Yeon Soo’s strength with her unwavering gaze that conveys her fierce sense of justice and clear sense of duty.

Kim-Hyun-Joo-Han-Sun-Hwa.jpg

The poster also features Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa as the younger versions of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo from the past. The two fell in love at first sight during a period of resistance and suppression, and the two actors will portray the impressive beginnings of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo’s relationship.

The production team of “Undercover” shared, “‘Undercover’ is a story of a man and woman who fight fiercely in order to protect what’s precious to them. Please watch while focusing on the emotions of Han Jung Hyun, who is tormented by having to choose between his role as an ordinary head of a household and his undercover mission, and Choi Yeon Soo, who comes to face the truth after having loved him without doubting him even for a moment. Please anticipate the passionate acting of the actors, who will thoroughly portray the fateful story of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo that links the past and the present.”

“Undercover” will premiere on April 23 at 11 p.m. KST. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1460848wpp/ji-jin-hee-kim-hyun-joo-yeon-woo-jin-and-han-sun-hwa-have-steadfast-resolve-in-posters-for-undercover

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Kim Hyun-joo points a gun at Ji Jin-hee in latest Undercover teaser

by tineybeanie

undercover_poster.jpg

Kim Hyun-joo (Watcher) and Ji Jin-hee (Designated Survivor: 60 Days) show their characters’ complicated relationship in the teaser for upcoming drama Undercover. Based on a popular BBC drama by the same name, Undercover is a legal-action thriller centered around a couple’s relationship.

i Jin-hee plays an NSA agent who was recruited into the agency while he was in the police academy. Almost immediately, he goes undercover at which point he meets his wife, played by Kim Hyun-joo. He falls in love while undercover, and they start to build a life together. Years later when she, a successful human rights lawyer, becomes a leading candidate for Chief of the Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Bureau, some suspicious information about her husband comes to light and she begins to doubt everything.

Aside from Ji Jin-hee and Kim Hyun-joo, Undercover has a phenomenal cast of supporting actors including: Heo Jun-ho (Missing: The Other Side), Jung Man-shik (Revenge), Lee Seung-joon (Hush), Kwon Hae-hyo (Zombie Detective), Han Go-eun (Fluttering Warning), and Park Geun-hyung (The Good Detective). Yeon Woo-jin (Search) will play the younger version of Ji Jin-hee’s character, with Han Sun-hwa (Backstreet Rookie) appearing as Kim Hyun-joo’s younger version.

Recently a bunch of promos were released, gearing up for the premiere date next month. Stills show Ji Jin-hee preparing breakfast for his busy wife, running a bike shop with his son played by Yoo Sun-ho (My Strange Hero), and turning around to see if he’s being followed.

The video teaser begins with Kim Hyun-joo pointing her gun toward a crestfallen Ji Jin-hee. She internally questions him: “Who are you?” A flashback shows their first meeting when they were younger. Han Sun-hwa asks Yeon Woo-jin for his name. Ji Jin-hee smiles brightly remembering their beachside frolicking, but their current married life doesn’t seem to be going smoothly. Copy appears saying: “To protect everything… he had to hide.” She sleeps while he steps out of their bedroom, and the next scene shows her watching from a car while he embraces another woman.

After a car chase involving Ji Jin-hee, Kim Hyun-joo is shown in the spotlight at what looks to be a major political conference. In narration, Ji Jin-hee desperately asks Kim Hyun-joo: “Yeon-joo [Kim Hyun-joo’s character], believe me. Please.” A midnight seaport encounter ends in a shooting and a possible drowning. We return to the first scene with Kim Hyun-joo facing Ji Jin-hee, and she screams: “You aren’t Han Jung-hyun [Ji Jin-hee’s character]. Who are you?!”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/kim-hyun-joo-points-a-gun-at-ji-jin-hee-in-latest-undercover-teaser/

• Like 7

BTS video with Kim Hyun Joo and Ji Jin hee

You two are the first to play a balance game, right...?

The game I learned late is scary! With Ji Ji-hee who is more funny because he’s serious

“You have such a question?!”

Kim Hyun-joo, determined to the problem

Grabbing the belly button in a word

Watching the balance game

<Undercover> Waiting for the first broadcast~!

• Like 9

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Undercover, 언더커버 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Kim Hyun Joo & Ji Jin-hee - Premieres on April 23rd

Korean Remake Of BBC’s “Undercover” Unveils Intriguing Main Poster

50b31eeb509d456f8dcca806ee3c0b8e.jpeg?s=

Apr 2, 2021
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Undercover” has revealed its striking main poster!

Based on the BBC series of the same name, “Undercover” stars Ji Jin Hee as Han Jung Hyun, a National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent who gave up everything and has been hiding his identity ever since he fell in love with his wife. When he gets caught up in an unexpected incident, he must fight to protect his family from powerful forces.

Kim Hyun Joo will star in the drama as Han Jung Hyun’s wife Choi Yeon Soo, a human rights lawyer who is nominated to become the head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-Ranking Officials (CIO). Meanwhile, Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa will play the younger versions of Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo respectively.

In the newly released main poster, Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo are literally torn apart by their secrets as their once-happy marriage faces an unexpected threat. Looking back on the younger versions of themselves, Choi Yeon Soo recalls, “I dreamed of justice,” while her husband Han Jung Hyun recalls, “I dreamed of happiness.”

Meanwhile, the present-day couple’s caption ominously reads, “Everything began to fall apart.”

Undercover.jpg

The producers of “Undercover” teased, “The dangerous truth that completely upsets the trust between Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo, the complex and entangled relationships between the characters, and the changing emotions they experience will be fun to watch.”

They went on, “The mission that the two undertake to protect their precious everyday lives will unfold in an exciting way. You can safely look forward to the passionate acting of the stars, who will switch back and forth between repressed emotions and fiery outbursts.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1462250wpp/korean-remake-of-bbcs-undercover-unveils-intriguing-main-poster

• Like 4

Watch: Ji Jin Hee Receives A Mission To Stop His Wife Kim Hyun Joo’s Quest For Justice In “Undercover” Teaser

284aba3aa74f48d9bc4afc224d4438be.jpeg?s=

Apr 4, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Undercover” has released a fourth teaser!

Based on the BBC series of the same name, “Undercover” is about Han Jung Hyun, an agent for the National Security Agency, who has been hiding his true identity ever since he fell in love with Choi Yeon Soo (Kim Hyun Joo), a human rights lawyer who gets nominated for the position of head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (CIO).

The new teaser begins with Choi Yeon Soo at a hearing for her upcoming nomination. As a human rights lawyer, Choi Yeon Soo has lived her whole life in pursuit of justice and truth, and has gained the trust of the public due to her values and talent. There is palpable tension in the air as she is asked, “Are you confident that you won’t become the handmaiden to power?” She replies sharply, “I won’t respond to ridiculous questions.”

The teaser moves to a flashback scene featuring Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa, who play Han Hyun Jin and Choi Yeon Soo at the time of their first meeting in college. Han Hyun Jin falls in love with Han Sun Hwa because of her passion to do the right thing as the students are swept up in a massive demonstration against the authorities.

Years later, Han Jung Hyun receives a mission from Do Young Geol (Jung Man Sik) to block Choi Yeon Soo from getting nominated to the CIO. He responds angrily, “I won’t block her. It would be faster to block the person who is telling you to order me to block her.” Choi Yeon Soo is also surrounded by enemies who want to stop her from getting the position. When one of them asks her, “Is that a threat?”, she responds with steel: “No, it’s a declaration of war.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1462516wpp/watch-ji-jin-hee-receives-a-mission-to-stop-his-wife-kim-hyun-joos-quest-for-justice-in-undercover-teaser

• Like 5