JTBC DRAMA 2021

UNDERCOVER

202103171014484764.jpg

Drama: Undercover

Hangul: 언더커버

Genre:legal,crime, drama

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Director: Song Hyun-Wook (Another Oh Hae-young' , 'Beauty Inside')

Writer: Baek Cheol-Hyun, Song Ja-Hoon, Jung Hye-Eun

Release Date: April 23, 2021-June 12, 2021

Runtime: Friday& Saturday 10:50 pm-0:20 am (following drama Beyond Evil)

Production Company: STORY TV, JTBC Studio

OST: part 1 Han Dong Guen - (That Person)

part 2 Sondia & Kim Jun Hwi) - 외딴길에서 (On A Secluded Road)

part 3 Sondia _ My All(나의 하루)

part 4 KATIE (케이티) - 'Where Are You'

Official site:

Plot

Han Jung-Hyun (Ji Jin Hee)  is an agent of the NIS (National Intelligence Service). While he studied at the police university, he was selected by the NIS. He then worked on a top secret case and he met Choi Yeon-Soo (Kim Hyun Joo) . Using his alias, he fell in love with her and they eventually married. Meanwhile, Choi Yeon-Soo works as a civil-rights lawyer who seeks justice and the truth. She is nominated for the Chief of the Civil Servant Corruption Investigation Unit. Because of her nomination, her husband's true identity becomes involved in an uncontrollable situation.

Notes

“Undercover” is a BBC series that aired in 2016 and follows the story of a British lawyer in a long-term legal battle to prove the innocence of a man on death row in the U.S., while her husband’s past comes back to haunt him and he does whatever he can to hide it.

Lee Mi Yeon has been offered the lead role but she rejected the offer.

Cast

Kim Hyun Joo as Choi Yeon-Soo

Ji Jin-hee as Han Jung-Hyun

Heo Joon Ho as Lim Hyeong-rak

Han Go Eun as Go Yoon-joo

Son Jong Hak as Yoo Sang-dong

Jung Man Sik as Do Young-geol

Lee Seung Joon as Kang Choong-mo

Lee Han-wi as Bae Gu-taek

Kim Soo-jin as Kim Min-ah

Kwon Hae-Hyo as Oh Pil Jae

Song Young-kyu as Kwak Moon-heum

Choi Kwang-Il as Hwang Jung Ho

Lee Jae In as Han Seung- Mi

Yoo Seon Ho as Han Seung-Goo

Kang Young Seok as Jung Cheol-hoon

Park Geun-hyung Lee Man-Ho  (Han Jung-Hyun`s father)

Choi Jong Kwang as Hwang Jeong-ho

Choi Dae-Chul as Chu Dong-Woo

Seo Joon as Hyun Pil

Bae Yoon Kyung as Mi Sun

Cha Soon Bae as Song Joo Pil

Ahn Se Ho as Kim Kwang-chul

Yeon Woo Jin as Han Jung Hyun (young)

Han Sun Hwa as Choi Yeon Soo (young)

Kyungri as Kyo Yoon-joo (young)

Park Doo Sik as Do Young-geol (young)

Hong Jin Gi as Kang Choong-mo (young)

Han Bo-Bae as Min Sang-A (young)

Kim Hye Jin as

Kim Young-dae as (cameo)

Posters

2104011007534920.jpg

ji-jin-hee.jpg

Ji-Jin-Hee-Yeon-Woo-Jin.jpg

Kim-Hyun-Joo-Han-Sun-Hwa.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Undercover, 언더커버 - Kim Hyun Joo & Ji Jin-hee

Ji Jin-Hee & Kim Hyun-Joo cast in JTBC drama “Undercover”

Undercover-SMtp1.jpg

Ji Jin-Hee and Kim Hyun-Joo are cast in JTBC drama series “Undercover.” The drama series is a remake of BBC One television series “Undercover” starring Sophie Okonedo & Adrian Lester. For Ji Jin-Hee and Kim Hyun-Joo, the duo previously starred together in 2015 SBS drama series “I Have a Lover.”

“Undercover” will first air sometime during the first half of 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Han Jung-Hyun (Ji Jin-Hee) is an agent of the NIS (National Intelligence Service). While he studied at the police university, he was selected by the NIS. He then worked on a top secret case and he met Choi Yeon-Soo (Kim Hyun-Joo). Using his alias, he fell in love with her and they eventually married. Meanwhile, Choi Yeon-Soo works as a civil-rights lawyer who seeks justice and the truth. She is nominated for the Chief of the Civil Servant Corruption Investigation Unit. Because of her nomination, her husband’s true identity becomes involved in an uncontrollable situation.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ji-jin-hee-kim-hyun-joo-cast-in-jtbc-drama-undercover

• Like 5

Ji Jin Hee And Kim Hyun Joo Confirmed To Reunite For Remake Of BBC Drama “Undercover”

Jul 8, 2020
by L. Kim
c2e0ab3776ef4ffc82cdb42d73248187.jpeg?s=

Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo will be reuniting for a new JTBC drama called “Undercover” (working title).

Based on a BBC drama of the same name, “Undercover” depicts the story of Han Jung Hyun (Ji Jin Hee), who has been hiding his identity for a long time, and Choi Yeon Soo (Kim Hyun Joo), a human rights lawyer who becomes the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit to fight for justice.

A fierce battle begins to protect love and justice from the huge forces that dominate and shake the country for profit. The drama is expected to dig into the reality of power and closely follow the story of human multifacetedness hidden in it as well as discuss what is right and wrong.

First off, Ji Jin Hee’s character Han Jung Hyun is an agent at the Agency for National Security Planning who has been hiding his identity for a long time. He’s known for his extraordinary quickness and boldness, and during his top secret mission, he falls in love with Choi Yeon Soo and eventually marries her. However, his secret life gets caught up in an uncontrollable whirlwind when his wife becomes nominated for a post at the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit.

Ji Jin Hee commented, “I decided to star in this drama because I was touched by Han Jung Hyun, who sacrifices himself to protect his loved ones. I am also looking forward to reuniting with actress Kim Hyun Joo and working with her again. I’ll be back soon with a good drama and acting, so please show lots of interest for ‘Undercover.'”

Kim Hyun Joo’s character Choi Yeon Soo is a human rights lawyer who has lived for justice and truth. In recognition of her lifelong beliefs and abilities, she becomes nominated as the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit. Little does she know that her new position will force her to face a shocking truth.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1411552wpp/ji-jin-hee-and-kim-hyun-joo-confirmed-to-reunite-for-remake-of-bbc-drama-undercover

• Like 5

Super excited about this drama!! 

Loved this couple's previous project and I've watched it multiple times by now, which btw is rare for me as I usually don't repeat the same kdrama. Their acting & chemistry are that brilliant so obviously I was ecstatic when I read about their upcoming project :) 

• Like 7

I love them on I have a lover

Such amazing chemistry so i guess we got a treat here.

My only problem is that i just realized how similiar this synopsis was with tvn drama that will airing soon ( flower of evil ) i mean it is different character and job indeed but we got the same two men hiding their identities and both got wife too.

I hope it is not too similiar so people dont compare it to one another.

But because this is a remake i hope for the best because the two lead is so reliable and we already see their blazing chemistry before

• Like 3

Kim Hyun-joo joins Ji Jin-hee in JTBC’s Undercover

by tineybeanie

jjh_khj.jpg
Ji Jin-hee, Kim Hyun-joo

Kim Hyun-joo (Watcher) and Ji Jin-hee (Designated Survivor: 60 Days) will reunite in upcoming JTBC drama Undercover, which is the Korean adaptation of a BBC show by the same name. Ji Jin-hee plays an NSA agent who has been hiding his identity for a long time. Kim Hyun-joo plays a righteous human rights lawyer who becomes the first-ever commissioner of a civil servant corruption investigations ministry.

The two confront immense powers that use the country as an excuse to pursue their own profitable agendas. In discovering the truth behind these powers, they find different aspects of humanity revealed, and a battle begins to defend justice and fight for love.

Previously, Ji Jin-hee and Kim Hyun-joo worked together in passionate melodrama I Have a Lover, in which they played a married couple. In Undercover, they play a married couple again, but the circumstances are very different. Ji Jin-hee’s character was handpicked to be an NSA agent right out of police academy because of his extraordinary reflexes, and his daring bravery allowed him to enjoy a successful career within the organization. He falls in love with Kim Hyun-joo while he’s on a top secret mission, and they get married. When she becomes a candidate for commissioner, his secrets make them vulnerable to a spiraling power struggle.

Ji Jin-hee said, “I picked this project because I was so touched by Han Jung-hyun [my character] and how he sacrifices himself for the ones he loves. I’m looking forward to working with Kim Hyun-joo, whom I haven’t seen in a long time. I promise this will be a good project with good acting, so please look forward to it.”

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/kim-hyun-joo-joins-ji-jin-hee-in-jtbcs-undercover/

• Like 4

Casting news

Actors Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa have joined JTBC drama Undercover and will act  as younger Han Jung-hyun (Jin Ji Hee)  and Choi Yeon-soo (Kim Hyun Joo).

80906_39766_2143.jpg

Based on the BBC drama of the same name, “Undercover” portrays the story of Han Jung-hyun (Jihee Jin) who has been hiding his real identity for a long time and Choi Yeon-soo (Kim Hyun-ju Kim), the first human rights lawyer for justice. The two fight against the mighty forces that hold and sway the country on the grounds of profit, and a fierce battle begins to defend love and justice.

http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=80906

• Like 4

20 hours ago, jongski said:

Like Like Like!  I like them cast! A drama to look forward to!

Yes, the cast is good and the plot sounds very interesting. We have to wait a little longer but I think it will worth it.

• Like 3

Yeon Woo Jin And Han Sun Hwa Confirmed For Korean Remake Of BBC’s “Undercover”

Jul 10, 2020
by E. Cha
b245075d229b476191410b96ee9ab61b.jpeg?s=

Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa will be joining JTBC’s upcoming remake of the British series “Undercover”!

On July 9, JTBC announced, “Actors Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa are confirmed to appear in ‘Undercover.'”

Based on the BBC series of the same name, “Undercover” (working title) will tell the story of Han Jung Hyun, a man who has been hiding his identity for a long time, and Choi Yeon Soo, a human rights lawyer who becomes the first head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit in order to fight for justice.

Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa will be playing the younger versions of leads Han Jung Hyun and Choi Yeon Soo respectively, while Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo will be playing their present-day counterparts.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1411925wpp/yeon-woo-jin-and-han-sun-hwa-confirmed-for-korean-remake-of-bbcs-undercover

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

Actress Han Go-eun will appear in JTBC's new drama'Undercover'

bd044761-5173-4b8f-ac28-333fe5d32f5a.jpg

'Undercover' is based on a BBC drama of the same name. It depicts the story of Han Jeong-hyun (Ji Jin-hee), who has been hiding for a long time, and Choi Yeon-soo (Kim Hyun-joo), the first human rights lawyer for justice. Previously, PD Hyun-wook Song of the drama'Another Oh Hae-young' and'Beauty Inside' will be in charge.

The two fight against the mighty forces that hold and sway the country on the grounds of profit, and a fierce battle begins to defend love and justice. It is expected to dig deeper into the story of what is right and wrong, digging into the realities of power and hiding the multifaceted human beings.

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/287869

Former 9Muses member Kyungri confirmed.to join drama Undercover.

81146_39876_3217.jpg

According to officials, Kyung-ri plays the youthful Kyo Yoon-joo (Han Go-eun), an agent of the Angibu.

Kyung-ri is expected to meet Yeon Woo-jin and Han Sun-hwa, who are acting as two young protagonists.

http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=81146

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Casting news

JTBC drama Undercover reveals its casting lineup:

20200723094721649743_0_490_733.jpg

The'Undercover', scheduled to be broadcast in the first half of 2021, finished casting from Jihoon Hee and Kim Hyun-joo to Jun-ho Heo, Man-sik Jung, Go-eun Han, Hae-hyo Kwon, and Park Geun-hyeong to Seung-jun Lee, Han-wi Lee, Su-jin Kim, Choi-cheol Son, Jong-hak Son, Young-gyu Song, and Kwang-il Choi.

Hyunjoo Kim leads the drama with the role of  'Choi Yeon-soo', a human rights lawyer who has lived for justice and truth. Recognized for her lifelong beliefs and abilities, she goes on to become the first candidate for a Chief of the Civil Servant Corruption Investigation Unit and faces the shocking truth .

Ji Ji-hee transforms into an agent of the NIS who has lived by hiding his identity. Abandoning everything and living as a fake, he gets caught up in an uncontrollable whirlpool when his wife, Choi Yeon-soo, is nominated for an important job.

Heo Joon-ho plays the role of Lim Hyeong-rak, head of the Planning and Coordination Office of the National Intelligence Service. Im Hyung-rak, who has an excellent sense, is a strategist who can seize opportunities.

Jung Man sik is divided into 'Doyoung-Geol', the team leader of the Planning and Coordination Office of the National Intelligence Service. Doyoung  is a person who runs without fear for his goal, and will play a powerful role in the center of the play.

Actress Han Go-eun is transformed into a former National Intelligence Service agent, Go Yoon-ju. In the past, she plays an active role as another undercover to establish a relationship with Han Jeong-hyun (Jin Ji Hee).

Kwon Hae-hyo divides Han Jeong-hyun into 'Oh Phil-jae', who was selected as an undercover agent in the ministry . Called Ahn Gi-bu's'Casting Director', he is a person full of humanity with extraordinary affection for Han Jeong-hyun.

Park Geun-hyung appears as Han-hyun's father, Lee Man-ho.

Son Jong Hak will act as Yoo Sang-dong who was a prosecutor and now is a member of the National Assembly, he is the one puts pressure on Choi Yeon soo (Kim Hyun Joo).

Lee Seungjun  plays the role of Kang Jung-mo, the chief of Minjung Soo of the Blue House, and Kim Soo-jin plays the role of senior journalist Min-Ah Kim of the Ministry of Political Affairs to play alongside with Kim Hyun-joo. Choi Cheol-cheol will announce the start of the decomposition case with the National Intelligence Service dispatch prosecutor Chu Dong-woo. Choi Jong-kwang plays the long-time client'Hwang Jeong-ho', the long-time client of Sohn Jong-hak at the National Assembly member Yoo Sang-dong, Song Yeong-kyu at the Seoul Prosecutor's Office Kwak Mun-heum, and Choi Yeon-soo, a human rights lawyer.

(Google translate)

https://m.nocutnews.co.kr/news/5383109#_enliple

Spoiler

The article is long and with many name/information. I hope there will be a transtated article soon.

• Like 3

'Undercover' Yeon Woo-jin, Han Sun-hwa, and Park Kyung-ri appear confirmed... Complete lineup

2007300923076740.jpg

Yeon Woo-jin and Han Sun-hwa each act as young Han Ji-hyun and Choi Yeon-soo, respectively, played by  Ji-hee Ji and Hyun-joo Kim.

Han Jeong-hyun is a talent selected by the National Safety Planning Department while attending the police department, and falls in love with Choi Yeon-soo in a top secret mission.

Doo-sik Park took on the younger days of Doyoung-girl, played by Jung Man-sik. Do-Young-Goo is a senior member of Han Gi-Hyun in the past.

Park Kyung-ri plays Ko Yoon-joo as Han Go-eun's youth, and Han Bo-bae plays Min Sang-ah as Kim Su-jin's youth.

https://www.newspim.com/news/view/20200730000171

• Like 2

Casting news

Park Doo Sik has signed an exclusive contract with Jupiter Entertainment and confimed appearence in drama Undercover.

optimize

Doo-Sik Park plays the young age of Do-Gi-Do (Jung Man-Sik), an agent of Angibu, the predecessor of the National Intelligence Service. Park Doo-sik is expected to fully digest Younggeol, who is full of defeat and has a strong desire to win. I am also looking forward to breathing with actors who are acting as young people, such as Yeon Woo-jin, Han Sun-hwa, and Park Kyung-ri.

https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2020073110498265984

Lee Jae In joins the cast of JTBC drama  "Undercover". She will act as Han Seung-mi who is the

Han Jeong-hyun (Ji Jin-hee)and Choi Yeon-soo (Kim Hyun-joo)` daughter and resembles everything of her mother, she will play a treasure role in the midst of the family crisis.

2020073180012_0.jpg

As a young daughter who resembles everything of her mother to be called Little Choi Yeon-soo, she is expected to play a role as a treasure that is accurate in self-discrimination, empathic ability for the weak, and saves her family by shining in the midst of a family crisis.

http://digitalchosun.dizzo.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/07/31/2020073180012.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Casting news

Hong Jin Gi confirmed cast for JTBC drama <#Undercover>, he will act as Kang Choong-mo (Lee Seung Joon) in his younger days.

2020073110195506959d3244b4fed18217218612

http://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202007310180

Bae Yoon Kyung confirmed for JTBC drama Undercover  and she will act as Mi-sun who is the financial supervisor of Choi Yeon-soo (Kim Hyun Joo)'s law-firm.

411783_328212_3523.jpg

http://www.ilyoseoul.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=411783

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Casting news

Actor Seo Joon confirmed for JTBC drama Undercover .  He will play a NIS agent Hyun-pil who is Doyoung-Geol (Jung Man Sik) ’s direct subordinate.

2020080307394108959d3244b4fed18217218612\

Seo Joon, who plays the role of Hyun Pil, the direct subordinate of Do Young-Geol (Jung Man-sik), head of the special team of the National Intelligence Service's Planning and Coordination Office, will attempt to transform into a detailed look like an agent of the National Intelligence Service, and will bring vitality to the play.

http://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202008030037

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, monalisa said:

Will be nice to watch Kim Hyun joo on the small screen again.

She will appear in another drama this year. :)

I am glad that they are casting all the actors and I hope they will start filming soon.

• Like 5