[Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

0ly40

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Chingus,

My take for Ep 13 

The birthday party scene was the best. Seriously , how is YH so cute all the time.

a01fada0f40ade4314da81de942514b30415e437

5c6fd26d04717a2162375624e2aa5e19c3b3884d

I was actually surprised that YH's bff, Ye-Jun  is secretly in love with him and YH is clueless.

You can see in Ye-Jun eyes that he is jealous when SG move in and stay with YH.

And the ramen invitation  by MJ to SG was a very brave moved for MJ who takes the first

initiative with motives behind. And how SG teased MJ before he plant his kiss on her on the cramp

cozy bed. At the angle they were shot, I would say the kiss was a good one.

The back hug scene was good and break my heart when SG plead with MJ not to break up with him.

Finally SG revealed how pitiful his life was all these years being controlled/managed by his political father  and now he is fighting for what he really want in life.

Ep 14

YH has got a very cute and cheeky expression.

The scene where YH begs his mum to let him stay out when DA visited him at the bee farm, just

shows how that he is still a child asking for permission to stay out.

During the race when DA fainted and wanted her face covered, YH is so naive and not understanding

the world she lives in.

DA and YH world are totally apart, she's a matured lady running a corporate business while he is still

a university student who is clueless what the outside world is about.

Here again, DA makes the first move to stay in with vending machine YH.

New still for tonite's episode

iUE8N2X.jpg

QYBTk1o.jpg

o9uJEKp.jpg

More pics

Spoiler

Cz883uD.jpg

83P0TmF.jpg

I think he did a photoshoot.  He is such a cutie.:fullofhearts:

Spoiler

lffeC5c.jpg

YPkuPcQ.jpg

In dc gall, they expected this scene something to the cartoon posted below. But the reality??? hehe. cute!!!!:loolz:

Spoiler

0Zb9P5C.jpg

HdWEjsP.gif

The kiss is getting better and better.  But we have got only 4 kisses including the second couple's which is less for a adult romannce.:tounge_wink:

Spoiler

Rd2st37.gif

cr: dc gall

This was so beautiful :crybaby:

EtT9d6gVEAEhgCT?format=jpg&name=largeEtT-BhWVEAQiOB2?format=jpg&name=large

EtT4PJXVcAIZxbd?format=jpg&name=large

Cred. owner

So this is what he meant by a “realistic” ending huh :bawling::heartbreak:

please don’t make Danhwa breakup in the last episode!! The only saving grace I have is that they made them separate on the 15th episode just so they can get back together in the last episode. There might be a time lapse till after he goes for that foreign exchange program he talked about earlier and when he’s graduated maybe - just let Dan Ah and him sort it out in the end.

Don’t let her be forced to give up on him for her family of all things!! now THAT is “realistic” :handsup:

How do I say goodbye to this drama? The heartwarming story, the extraordinary characters, breathtaking character arcs, the refreshing cuteness of Dan-ah and Yeong-hwa, Park May's hilarious humor.. it's impossible to say goodbye. I hope the writer gives us a satisfying ending. I know the director already said it's going to be realistic, but please don't let Dan-hwa break-up, or at least give them an open ending. 

I'm hoping for another hot kiss from Gyeommi XD Jebaaaaaaaaal. My logic just flew out of the window when they kissed in Ep. 14 now I just want  to see them kiss all the time OMG.

So going into the last episode, the main leads are pretty much set, so they're going to rip our hearts out using the second leads???!!!

OH HELL NO! :angry:

They need to fix this before the end - let Mi-Joo become a real friend to Dan-Ah, and have her get in Dan-Ahs face and tell her she's screwing up by walking away - let Dan-Ah lose Yeong-Hwa for a time. She cannot find him. Then after giving up she comes across his artwork in a gallery, and another painting that is clearly of her ... and he's there. - Or hopefully, very quickly, she'll realize the mistake herself and go "ferocious Dan-Ah" on those trying to drive them apart. 

I don't care how - FIX THIS!

( writers need to quit sacrificing great second leads )

:headbang:

( .... May and Mr Jeong got together, that was a nice surprise :wub: )

wow that last scene was so hauntingly beautiful. DA basically said goodbye without having to say the words. Now that I THINK her father has passed on, she knows that she's going to have to fight for her life and she can't afford any weaknesses which is what unfortunately she sees her love for our poor artist. 

I LOVE the main leads but the second couple stole my heart. It's such a pure romance in a way. And I think DA who's been starved of real emotion and also thought of herself that way as someone who is unable to give, this was a romance that basically was a splash of warm colour in her cold and sterile life. And the way she said goodbye to him was heartbreaking because she was indirectly telling him that our love was innocent and real but unfortunately, not all love stories have happy endings the same way not all parents love their children unconditionally and not all children mourn the death of their parents. It was like reality had intruded on their happy bubble.  And you can see the pain in her eyes because I think for a minute, the cold and calculating DA also lost abit of herself in this relationship and managed to forget her world whenever she was with him.

Even the rooftop scene with our 2 couples almost felt like a goodbye in a way. A reunion of our core characters and a final hurray before the four go on their separate ways. 

One thing I appreciated about this drama, is that unlike other dramas where it's so plot driven, this was like a microscopic view of a small subset of people and their unlikely relationships with each other. It's this slow, meandering narrative that lets you really appreciate all these characters and wish them well(except for DA's brother, he can go kick rocks)

46 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Now that I THINK her father has passed on, she knows that she's going to have to fight for her life and she can't afford any weaknesses which is what unfortunately she sees her love for our poor artist. 

I agree that is what's happening, and I don't think Dan-ah is necessarily wrong. He's still a college student. Her love isn't a weakness but their relationship IS because if found out, people would throw stones. I love them, but I wouldn't be mad at the show for separating them until Young-hwa graduates, at the very least.

This drama is not everybody's cup of coffee.  Some may think this as an art or documentary like drama.  This drama is so unique with its story and it's characters.  And what can we say about its characters??? Wow!!!! Even though it's a slow burn type, both romance and the story, I hope everything ends well for both the couple's. The strong sense of self-belief among the characters to fit into the criterion of reality is so good.  It seems like this drama is in for some comfort and hope.  This drama is so special.  The 2 couples chemistry is great.   They are both in for reality than being an ideal couple.

I think there may be a time jump, if we have to see a reunion of our danah-younghwa couple as he is only a student and she has to fight for her place in her family.  As for the primary couple it seems they too have to face the consequences of KSG's dad wrath.   Looking forward to the finale today. Fighting!!!!  

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

@Thong Thin, @4evrkdrama Chingus, I am yet to watch the final episode, but I liked the 15th episode last night. We've got a third couple here, and now they could be my most favorite ones. Apart from that, just like the FL, I am suspecting the dad here for the leaked pics of his daughter with the other congressman. 

I really want the dad to suffer big time here, I would love it if everyone would leave him alone. He is too selfish, using his family only as tools for getting votes and not feeling anything for them in reality. This guy is too much in my opinion. Apart from that I really loved the fact that this drama never even went the love triangle way.

While watching 13th episode, I liked how ML too expressed his disappointment and anger on FL for making him say that they could need break up here. The guy who would never express himself, started doing it. This is what I call development, and it happened so naturally that, this came out naturally from him.

There is something special in its slow pace, and nothingness in the plot. If you see, the plot was too simple, but the characters and their developments made it special. We have an FL who finally stands for herself, and does not let others bully her, even the ML's dad. This was something I liked too. Didn't watch the final episode as I said before and hoping for a good ending here, but this has been a really good light drama for me. Something I was looking forward to while watching it, and it didn't disappoint me at all. 

I'm a sucker for happy endings so liked how everything got wrapped up.

Some random thoughts:

- I'm confused by the timeline, it kind of seemed like months/years had passed, but then they were toasting to a completed marathon at the end so maybe not?

- I was hoping for the Eun-bi's Ryan to appear, I had a theory it was a woman.

- I was glad Dan-Ah apologised to the gay best friend. I was confused at the beginning when they would mention she was gay, now I understand what was happening.

My pre-finale angst aside - I thought the ending was nicely done.

The main leads were already set, so seeing them strengthen/polish their relationship was nice.

The second leads again working the heart strings - the office scene where Yeong-Hwa puts aside his own feelings so Dan-Ah can move on was beautifully heart rending - Only to be surpassed by their reunion in the gallery :wub:

The happy-ending-tieup montage was well done + the BTS pics

Just sorry its ending - I really enjoyed this :blush:

I liked the ending. I didn’t think there was time to solve everything in one episode and they didn’t exactly, but they showed that given time, everything would work out. I enjoyed the reunion in the last scene, and watching them all come in. The mom divorcing was the only way for Eun Bi and Sun Gyum to live their own lives. And I liked that Dan Ah became friends with her younger brother and the board of directors recognized her ability and made her V.P. All in all it was a fun show to watch, and it stuck the landing. 

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

Archived