[Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

0ly40

Apologies to all the Seon-Gyeom/Mi-Joo shippers, you just got totally eclipsed by Dan-Ah/Yeong-Hwa.  That's the best 1st kiss in this drama, and sorry again, it wasn't even close.  I like Seon-Gyeom & Mi-Joo, but honestly, I'm watching for Dan-Ah & Yeong-Hwa at this point.

Kudos to Writer-nim. That scene was just beautiful. Both actors drew out the tension, and for a moment I actually thought they were going to have another blow out, but then Dan-Ah catches herself and instead of continuing to lash out at him she finally opens up - From just the hint of trembling in Dan-Ahs voice when she's asking if its truly over, to Yeong-Hwa turning away as he's losing his resolve trying to stay cold towards her ... and the kiss ... again just beautiful.

While the preview makes it obvious that there are still alot of rough edges here, if the episode doesn't start with the pencil drop and then Yeong-Hwa pulling her back in for another kiss ... we've been cheated!

:ohboy2:

BTW - I really hope the writers don't ignore the wonderful tension that still exists between the two in regards to Dan-Ah constantly referring to Yeong-Hwa as "kid" - The moment she finally calls him by his name for the first time, is going to stop Yeong-Hwa in his tracks ... and its going to be glorious!

How many hours til the next episode? :wub:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Apologies to all the Seon-Gyeom/Mi-Joo shippers, you just got totally eclipsed by Dan-Ah/Yeong-Hwa.  That's the best 1st kiss in this drama, and sorry again, it wasn't even close.  I like Seon-Gyeom & Mi-Joo, but honestly, I'm watching for Dan-Ah & Yeong-Hwa at this point.

Yeah I know.  The same thing happened in the 2015 drama High Society.  The main couple were over shadowed by the second couple yoo Chang soo-lee ji yi couple.  

I think it's becoz of the seon guem characterization even the active mi Joo has to take a step back in their relationship.  It's like everything is being taught by MJ from the scratch.  I really hope there is character development in him in the upcoming episodes.

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

OMO, why is there a reverse reaction from the couple, the couple who usually fights, they are happy and hugging each other and our main couple who should be happy, i see SG's angry face and MJ's crying!!!!!

I guess this might be related to SG's father in tonight's episode.

053a112e07054489abe62e6b0326e3fa.jpeg?s=

Im Siwan And Shin Se Kyung Experience Heartbreak While Sooyoung And Kang Tae Oh Share Affectionate Moment In “Run On”

The two main couples of “Run On” are about to experience ups and downs in the upcoming episode!

The JTBC drama tells the story of people trying to connect with each other in their own languages after having lived in different worlds and at different paces. Im Siwan stars as Ki Sun Kyum, a former track and field athlete who retires after a life-changing event, while Shin Se Kyung plays Oh Mi Joo, an adventurous foreign film translator. Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung plays Seo Dan Ah, an ambitious sports agency CEO, and Kang Tae Oh is art student Lee Young Hwa.

Spoilers

The newly released stills share a glimpse of the contrasting developments for the two couples.

First of all, the drama foreshadows trouble for Ki Sun Kyum and Oh Mi Joo. It seemed like they were on the road to happily ever after, but the stills depict a heartbreaking fight ahead of them. In the previous episode, the two were nothing but lovey-dovey, but they will experience turbulence in the new episode. The two characters gaze at each other with teary eyes, and viewers are eager to find out what they’re arguing about.

On the other hand, Seo Dan Ah and Lee Young Hwa are about to get closer. At the end of the previous episode, they unexpectedly accelerated their romance. Lee Young Hwa had coldly distanced himself from Seo Dah Ah and declared he would only do business with her until his painting was completed. However, he changed his mind, putting a sudden twist in their relationship. In the stills, the couple share an affectionate hug, and he smiles warmly, as if he’s relived that he finally made up his mind to be with her.

The drama’s production crew commented, “The drama will portray the opposite romances of Ki Sun Kyum and Oh Mi Joo, who acknowledged their differences and started to keep pace with each other, and Seo Dan Ah and Lee Young Hwa, who kept their distance from one another. The romance narrative will be swept up by more intense emotions.”

Credit to the owner

4 hours ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

I guess this might be related to SG's father in tonight's episode.

Most probably it is his dad that gonna be the obstacle as he said in the preview; You're the one who ruined my son, aren't you? SG looks furious in the still so I think he figured out that his dad said something too MJ if not she herself told him. I think SG gonna fight for MJ though, as since episode 1 he have been very clear that he do not like his dad meddling in his life. I just hope his dad do not manage to get into MJ head. I kinda trust writer gonna put a different spin on the typical break up scenario as both SG and MJ are very resilient characters.

I had to pause. Bwuahahaha. I repeated it 3 times and I am laughing like a loon.

Lolol. What did you guys expect? I can't even continue. No I am not analysing who's written as the more emotional party in the " relationship." I just find it hysterically funny seeing her flabbergasted reaction. That was some meltdown man. * clap, clap, clap *

Lol. This was NOT what I expected.    

Change him to a female character just yanking on the male lead string and the scene would be about right. Or the norm. But its him. The hunky musculine guy. But his pouting expression when he was yanking her chain at the chicken shop and outside?

* goes off and laughs some more *

36 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I had to pause. Bwuahahaha. I repeated it 3 times and I am laughing like a loon.

Lolol. What did you guy expect? I can't even continue. No I am not analysing who's written as the more emotional party in the " relationship." I just find it hysterically funny seeing her flabbergasted reaction. That was some meltdown man. * clap, clap, clap *

Lol. This was NOT what I expected.    

Change him to a female character just yanking on the male lead string and the scene would be about right. Or the norm. But its him. The hunky musculine guy. But his pouting expression when he was yanking her chain at the chicken shop and outside?

* goes off and laughs some more *

Ordinary couple after Girl kissed a man, his response kissing back.

DanHwa couple: Girl kissed the guy, his response is crying :crymeme:

LOL.

YH character reminds me of Jae Hee (Lee Myun Trying) in Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang. He has the same gesture in acting. It bring back my KDrama memories. :heart:

HAHAHAHAHA this reaction was so unexpected :Megalol:

EsQntKcVQAA7pLF?format=jpg&name=largeEsQoMILUYAAwtvP?format=jpg&name=largeEsQ2CghVkAIH9wW?format=jpg&name=large

Cred. owner

and she didn't know what to do LOL this couple making me go through a roller coaster of emotions 3 minutes into the episode :joy::joy:

Update: They uploaded the kiss BTS :heart1:

Spoiler

I didn't watch the episode yet.  I saw the end of the ep.  Why did SG just stopped with only consoling MJ with the words??? I was like go hug her and that will be all.  It was so heartbreaking to see her cry for a girl who crossed a lot of barriers from her childhood.  That preview though.......:bawling:

Since the beginning one of those attractions in wanting to watch this drama continuously is the dialogue that is usually not what one expected.  I love that it is still like that ... and making the viewers curious of what the characters will do.   

I love that she thinks about herself first, though her heart is breaking.  Who else is going to think about you more than yourself?

This is also something unexpected and interesting.  

For now I "hate" both fathers... for making their children's lives miserable.   

Credit to the owner.

@blademan Thank you for the Dan Ah-Yeong Hwa kissing scene BTS. I don't normally watch BTS but I couldn't help being curious about them. They are my fav couple among the leads. Can't believe that Tae Oh actually the one who lead and give suggestions on how to do the kissing scene. Sooyoung legit asking normally how guy kiss the girl to him. Girl, you are older than him by 4 years and publicly dating with an actor. :Megalol:And the height comment that I believe in the end they give Tae Oh a step because he looks much taller than the rehearsal before that height comment. 

Anyway, I am loving them too much I hope we can get some sort of spin off episode focusing on them.  Pretty please PD-nim! :please:

I'm not really a fan of the Seo Dan-ah and Lee Young-hwa loveteam but there's no denying their kissing scene was a lot better than the bench kissing scene of Ki Seon-gyeom and Oh Mi-joo. The tension was building up so I knew something would happen and the way that the girl took the lead was nicely executed. It somehow reminded me of the Man-wol - Chan-sung kiss in the forbidden room. 

Finally something different in ep 12, Oh Mi-joo crying. Honestly I was a bit disappointed that Oh Mi-joo wanted to break-up with Ki Seon-gyeom after being confronted by his father. Weren't they talking about not leaving each other after watching the movie? I understand she has to value herself above everything but on the same token if you love someone then you must be prepared to fight for him or her. The trailer looks promising though and back hugs are always nice. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another dramatic scene!!!

Archived