[Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

0ly40

6 hours ago, reddragon said:

I really appreciate this drama. The emotions are real and the dialogue is spot on. The color palette is great. Pastels for Sun Gyeom and Mi Joo for their story is still on the cool side, while Yeong Hwa and Dan Ah have darker and bold colors for their relationship is fiery.

The lines are straightforward, but you still have to read between the lines so you have to listen carefully. Kudos to the actors, they are doing a great job.

Ahhh I love how you mention the color palette! The color grading they've done on this drama is so dreamy and creates a perfect mood. Same with all the photos they're releasing. 

One thing I love about this drama is that it doesn't have that voice over that a lot of dramas do. Like the internal thought. This drama is either showing things through facial expression, body language or dialogue. I want a drama to SHOW me and not TELL me.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, really love today episodes. The best episodes for me.

I love how they flash back Oh Mi Jo stories and how the ending on finished line.

My heart flutter when YH comfort DanAh to sleep. Give me a warm heart.:please:

Let's pray for a good ratings.

And here's the preview ep.15

Cr. To Owner

Run On, fighting! :heartxoxo:

Can that B****** politico just get off the face of the earth. Gah, he thinks he owns every person. He's so blinded by greed and lofty ambitions that he cannot see he's ruining the lives of so many people, particularly his family. Wish he's struck by lightning or slip on ice and crack his head so he'll be comatose forever. He's only checking posts about him. He doesn't even know the rumors circulating about his pro golfer daughter being accused of being a gold digger.

The same fate should befall the A-faced half brother who was registered first just o make it appear that he is older.

Somehow Dan Ah's dad should suffer as well for being a womanizer. So Dah Ah is the only legitimate child. The usurper is a half-sibling and the idol is illegitimate. And he father acts like he's a saint who loves to read comic books.

Aside from the above, I love the sweet scenes of the couples. I cried with Sun Kyum. He has so much pain bottled up. I love the color of the coat he's wearing that time. Also the tan coat with the light beige sweater. I want one!

Episode 14 -

Seon-Gyeom & Mi-Joo reuniting was a great scene, but when it comes to spending the night together for the first time,  once again I'm sorry to say that Yeong-Hwa & Dan-Ah win again :wub: ( though the competition was very close )

Yeong-Hwa & Dan-Ah's  beach walk/talk was moving - She finally called him by his name. That coupled with her asking him about his dream, and his answer ... 

:heart2beat:

Mi-Joo & Dan-Ah  and another great episode of their hilarious back and forth banter - love it!

I also loved how they wove the real world issues into Mi-Joos script translating fantasies - another love it!

From the previews, it looks like next episode, we are going to get our first "I LOVE YOU" between Yeong-Hwa & Dan-Ah. I just hope the painting he is seen revealing to her IS NOT that gruesome bush painting he was seen on during the latest episode. ( I didn't like it ) I'm really hoping he switches things up to surprise her, and its the finished product that started with the drawing he did of Dan-Ah when he was outside the cafe, and looked in to see her admiring his painting in episode 5

That my friends would be awesome!

Random comments on ep 14.

1. Wow. That is one scene where I did not doubt that it was a intent kissing scene. I had zero doubt it was a bed scene. What a nice build up and a seriously proper hot kissing scene. Those 2 are good... great kissers.

2.  The 2nd couple was more touching than I thought. I laughed so much that Dan- ah is so fortright and upfront about spending the night together.

3. And oh the translator? Is she feeling ok? Feeling liberated and free to say what she wanted. I busted a gut laughing reading the subs when YH was singing one word. And we had a whole lullaby. And the " what a bummer. " Hahaha. Plus multiple word substitutes to what was said. I guess " sir " is ok.

4. My phone keeps defaulting to Seoul's temperature the last month or so. So I know how cold it is. Is the male lead doing a lot of scenes? His eyebags are horrendous. The balcony scene and seaside scenes must be freezing 

But a seriously good episode right there. Well written, directed and acted. The actual cigar and smoke scene was kinda.... shocking? The actor can inhale? The YH looks good on a mafia- lookalike/ spy scene.

But the kissing... omg.... that was so good. We finally get to see an ramyeon invite means. Hahaha.  But in the BTS you can see how professional they are. That shows their acting experience without all the coy behaviour from some new- ish actors. And as usual the kissing goes on until the PD says "cut. " No awkwardness there just 2 people at work.

Watched eps 13 and 14 and they were a mixed bag. They kept teasing us with Ki Seon-gyeom and Oh Mi-joo's paths crossing in ep 13 but there was too many side events that are just distractions for me. Don't get me wrong but is Lee Young-hwa's bestfriend gay? His love story with Seo Dan-ah with all the drama is fine with me but having a third wheel (of the same sex) is a bit of a stretch. The back hug scene was nice but would have been better if both of them cried instead of just Ki Seon-gyeom. I'm sure both of them missed each other equally. Finally a passionate kiss between the two leads. Funny that it was Oh Mi-joo would suggested they kiss first and  Ki Seon-gyeom was teasing her about eating ramyeon first. No doubt something happened between the two behind the closed door. But despite this IMO the scenes between Seo Dan-ah and Lee Young-hwa were better and cuter. I didn't quite get the last scene at the finish line. Did a young Mi-joo meet a young Ki Seon-gyeom?

The last scene was because their wounded selves from the shoulder operation that made him incapable to pursue discus throw as a sport and the school/college girl who had to do odd jobs to manage her finances with no money, parents or family and who still sometimes couldn’t manage and had to accept charity from others felt saved. That wounded girl/ boy in each of them felt they came a full circle or to some sort of finish line where they now felt safe and rescued by each other. Life finally felt sort of complete in that moment, with their wounds healed and made sense because all their struggle still bought them to each other and finally they didn’t feel lonely while running through life. It was a mixed sense of belonging, security, freedom from their past and wounds and assurance of a companion. ♥️

I loved the scene between Young Hwa and Dan Ah when he pats her to sleep. It addresses the loneliness and unwanted child in her. It gives her the security, comfort, warmth and love that her family has never given her.

Also the scene when Young Hwa tells her that it’s his dream to not break up with her shows why an accomplished CEO like her would fall for him. He has the confidence to pursue her, despite her strong personality it’s he who gives her assurance and as an artist he has the emotional quotient to understand her loneliness, the struggle that she goes through and how difficult a life she leads. The struggle to fight for her place in society is a first world problem but it does hurt her every minute. Other people envy her status and don’t understand that the she can also have an issue or how unloved and lonely she is. They are also intimidated by her and think she’s cold and heartless. While he thinks that despite her ice Princess persona she has a heart after all which he managed to break through. She also said that when she likes something she loves it forever like basket ball and hence she still wears sports shoes. She knows that now that she’s fallen for Young Hwa it’s going to be a forever thing for her and he even addressed that in her by saying he doesn’t want to break up with her. I didn’t expect so much depth from the second couple but I’m really amazed at what the writers have managed and the acting has been spot on, the role of Dan Ha seems to be tailor made for the actress. 

14 hours ago, Bojun said:

Watched eps 13 and 14 and they were a mixed bag. They kept teasing us with Ki Seon-gyeom and Oh Mi-joo's paths crossing in ep 13 but there was too many side events that are just distractions for me. Don't get me wrong but is Lee Young-hwa's bestfriend gay? His love story with Seo Dan-ah with all the drama is fine with me but having a third wheel (of the same sex) is a bit of a stretch. The back hug scene was nice but would have been better if both of them cried instead of just Ki Seon-gyeom. I'm sure both of them missed each other equally. Finally a passionate kiss between the two leads. Funny that it was Oh Mi-joo would suggested they kiss first and  Ki Seon-gyeom was teasing her about eating ramyeon first. No doubt something happened between the two behind the closed door. But despite this IMO the scenes between Seo Dan-ah and Lee Young-hwa were better and cuter. I didn't quite get the last scene at the finish line. Did a young Mi-joo meet a young Ki Seon-gyeom?

Yea, we're pretty sure it's a one-sided love thing going on with YH and his best friend. I wonder if there will be any conclusion with it or what will come of it, otherwise I don't know if it had to be in there. 

I'm so glad they had this real kiss because their first kiss was so weak lol 

And the last scene was beautiful to me. We saw those scenes of Mi-Joo's upbringing and the struggles she has had, which she has alluded to throughout the whole show but we didn't know a lot of it. We know about Seon-gyeom's upbringing and how his whole life he's been controlled or ignored. If you remember, in an earlier episode, we know that SG was running away from his dad at the hospital when his dad was basically planning out his future with running. 

They were both running from their problems, but in the end, it was moreso them persevering through struggles/problems... hehe running ON, and they were able to meet each other. I loved how SG didn't help her get to the finish line, rescue her or carry her. I thought it was such a moment of healing and triumph. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but it was beautiful.

----

And finally, I'm starting to understand the social ineptness of Dan-Ah. I was neutral about her before, but I realize she is socially awkward and she only knew how to interact with people with power and dominance because of her family. But YH sees her and she's able to finally let some walls down.

1277b19c1d234f1fbbe02319b9a69dea.jpeg?s=

“Run On” has released a sneak preview of Kim Seon Ho’s upcoming cameo!

JTBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Run On” tells the story of people trying to connect with each other in their own languages after having lived in different worlds and at different paces. Im Siwan stars as Ki Sun Kyum, a former track and field athlete who retires after a life-changing event, while Shin Se Kyung plays Oh Mi Joo, an adventurous foreign film translator.

The series will have a special guest to adorn their finale, and they have released a series of stills to give viewers a glimpse of Kim Seon Ho’s role. He will act the part of Kim Sang Ho, the director of the film “Codename Candy” that Oh Mi Joo is translating. It was a project that she strives to do her absolute best on as it stars her favorite actress Yook Ji Woo (Cha Hwa Yeon), who is also Ki Sun Kyum’s mother. Viewers are looking forward to whether Kim Sang Ho will work well with Oh Mi Joo, who usually builds friendly relationships with her coworkers

kim-seon-ho.jpg

Kim Seon Ho’s cameo is a result of his acquaintance with Lee Jae Hoon, the director of “Run On.” They met while working on the 2017 drama “Good Manager,” which was Kim Seon Ho’s drama debut.

The “Run On” production team commented, “We express gratitude to Kim Seon Ho, who agreed to make the special appearance in a heartbeat. He added a lot to the drama through his detailed and enjoyable acting with Shin Se Kyung. Please check out what kind of episode will unravel around the two actors and how the drama will make viewers smile until the end.”

The episode featuring Kim Seon Ho will air Wednesday, February 4 at 9 p.m. KST.

Credit to Soompi

@Jillia we have the same post:blush:

Archived