[Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

0ly40

23 minutes ago, Bojun said:

I'm not really a fan of the Seo Dan-ah and Lee Young-hwa loveteam but there's no denying their kissing scene was a lot better than the bench kissing scene of Ki Seon-gyeom and Oh Mi-joo. The tension was building up so I knew something would happen and the way that the girl took the lead was nicely executed. It somehow reminded me of the Man-wol - Chan-sung kiss in the forbidden room. 

Finally something different in ep 12, Oh Mi-joo crying. Honestly I was a bit disappointed that Oh Mi-joo wanted to break-up with Ki Seon-gyeom after being confronted by his father. Weren't they talking about not leaving each other after watching the movie? I understand she has to value herself above everything but on the same token if you love someone then you must be prepared to fight for him or her. The trailer looks promising though and back hugs are always nice. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another dramatic scene!!!

@Bojun I wholeheartedly agree with you on the back hug scene. But I thought it was cute and not dramatic at all in the preview. It even looked like a piggy back ride :loolz: I hope they just make it cute and funny.

My main ship is Gyeomi but I'm so thankful for Danhwa especially YH for being so cuuute after that kiss. I didn't expect his reaction. He was like a kid and Dan-ah didn't expect his reaction too XD They made the episode a lot less heart breaking.

Speaking of heartbreak, I fully support MJ for breaking up with SG. Not because I want them to be apart, but I want their relationship to be stronger and for them to be closer. I hope that this will help them get over their awkwardness and give us much needed lovey-dovey scenes again. Also, one of the sub-themes of this drama is self-love and it would be a shame if MJ will not put herself first after teaching SG to do that.

Btw I loved the scene at the optical shop even if it was obviously sponsored. SG looked fantastic in specs and MJ commenting that she didn't like them blocking his face, was very funny XD I missed her swooning over him. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bojun said:

I'm not really a fan of the Seo Dan-ah and Lee Young-hwa loveteam but there's no denying their kissing scene was a lot better than the bench kissing scene of Ki Seon-gyeom and Oh Mi-joo. The tension was building up so I knew something would happen and the way that the girl took the lead was nicely executed. It somehow reminded me of the Man-wol - Chan-sung kiss in the forbidden room. 

Finally something different in ep 12, Oh Mi-joo crying. Honestly I was a bit disappointed that Oh Mi-joo wanted to break-up with Ki Seon-gyeom after being confronted by his father. Weren't they talking about not leaving each other after watching the movie? I understand she has to value herself above everything but on the same token if you love someone then you must be prepared to fight for him or her. The trailer looks promising though and back hugs are always nice. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another dramatic scene!!!

Gahhhh I have the exact same feelings. 
I'm not paying too much attention to DA and YH, but their kiss and their connection is strong. 

I feel like we still have a lot more to learn about MJ and her internal feelings. I don't think she ever told SG that she gave the money back and I wonder why the dad gets to her so much. I mean, he's an RickRoll'D, but she'll stand up to him to his face but then when she's alone, she really struggles and almost crumbles. So I get that she has to do what she needs to do protect herself and take care of herself.  And I don't like that she'll push him away when we know SG wants to be there for her. Ahhhh hoping for a resolve next week and also deeper moments between SG and MJ.

Has there been discussion on YH's friend, Goh Ye-Jun, and their relationship? There's implication of Ye-Jun having feelings for YH, right? Or am I reading too much into it?

94b8fa4e9c024446b877848367539121.jpeg?s=

3 Key Points of Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung And Kang Tae Oh’s Relationship In “Run On”  (Click the link for the full article)

Spoilers

A rascal that keeps crossing the line

While trying to adjust the lighting to better showcase an art piece, Seo Dan Ah got paint on her white sleeves. The paint came from none other than Lee Young Hwa’s painting. When the two had their fateful first meeting at the pool, Lee Young Hwa broke Seo Dan Ah’s bracelet on accident. Seo Dan Ah expected him to say yes to painting her a piece, but that didn’t go as planned. To top it off, he refused her offer to buy his work at whatever price he requested. Seo Dan Ah is a person that makes every effort to keep her life perfect and protect what belongs to her. Young Hwa is the unexpected catalyst that changes everything. He pokes at her free-spirited nature and blows a breath of fresh air into her otherwise dull and mundane life.

A “Rapunzel” that is close yet far

Lee Young Hwa is someone that has always kept an appropriate distance between himself and others. He finds that this method doesn’t apply as well when it comes to Seo Dan Ah. When she approached him for his artwork saying that she likes them for feeling like his time has left on imprint on them, it felt as if she is someone that has chosen him and wants him. But regardless of how close she seems to be, she seems all the way at the top of the tower when her lifestyle reveals itself. Without realizing it, Lee Young Hwa already wants to approach her with more impact, making it difficult for him to maintain his distance. This only leaves him confused. And this is the exact moment in which his awkward and naïve first love has started.

A painting that represents something between a dream and a goal

Seo Dan Ah felt an inexplicable pull towards Lee Young Hwa’s piece and suggested that he exhibit his work as an artist. But Lee Young Hwa was lost in thought because the more he painted, the more he lost his hold on what he wanted to paint. Although he realized that it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, he couldn’t finish a piece hastily in an uncertain situation. The two started arguing over this matter and unexpectedly came to realize their feelings for one another. There are three weeks left for the unfinished painting to be completed. Like their fast-paced romance, it seems progress will be made on the painting as well. Seo Dan Ah is the one that put an end to Lee Young Hwa’s piece with a slight touch of her sleeves. How will she help complete Lee Young Hwa’s incomplete journey through youth?

Credit to Soompi

Has there been discussion on YH's friend, Goh Ye-Jun, and their relationship? There's implication of Ye-Jun having feelings for YH, right? Or am I reading too much into it?

@Hannah YoonThe first time I saw  "that facial expression" was when he saw KSG slept at YW's place.  The second time was after YW shared the news that he was interested in someone.  The possibility is there.

22 hours ago, Hannah Yoon said:

A character relationship map was posted in a Korean blog in mid-2020 and it says there that Ye-jun has a one sided love for Yeong-hwa.

Kim Seon-ho was also in that character relationship map. He was supposed to play Mi-joo's ex-boyfriend but his character changed probably due to a scheduling conflict.

Hello Chingus,

My take for Ep 11 and Ep 12

What can I say.. YH is so hilarious the way he ran and his face, lol.... as though he is passing

the baton to SG in a 4x100 race.

Love, love, love. 

0c76f1872064c2285f121929b3375be9566ba63a

As for DA, she finally made the first move, wow... did not expect frontal attack with that kiss. 

The way she stared at YH without any blink... dangerous stare with love. 

And poor YH gives in.. Hope to see more passionate kiss. 

Hmm..SG seems to smile more and he is starting to let go his feelings to MJ.. he is such a good and obedient kid.. doing laundry and house chores.. good to get one as a standby hubby, agreed ?

The eye contact between YH and SG have me cracked up which makes me yelled loud till hubby

asked "whats so funny and why is your face red " , cause that scene makes me recall back Designated Survivor S3 where both the gay guys were kissing each other in public !

and why is the innocent looking SG looks so cute here, look at his eyes and his sweet kissable lips !

EsQz6CUVgAA43cY?format=jpg&name=360x360

Spoiler

3qIIL8Z.png

7cb5ec374571e140c0ea48ffcf9e79f1f769b7ae

OMG! ...can't 

YH be more cuter here..the way he bite and chew the chicken is like big kid who haven't eaten for days.......now that DA has given in to YH, let's see how he will tame the arrogant DA in coming episodes.

6f7e6b9375a241329b019069a3832bf3.jpeg?s=

An interesting episode of JTBC’s “Run On” awaits!

“Run On” tells the story of people trying to connect with each other in their own languages after having lived in different worlds and at different paces. Im Siwan stars as Ki Sun Kyum, a former track and field athlete who retires after a life-changing event, while Shin Se Kyung plays Oh Mi Joo, an adventurous foreign film translator. Girls’Generation’s Sooyoung plays Seo Dan Ah, an ambitious sports agency CEO, and Kang Tae Oh is art student Lee Young Hwa.

Spoilers

Previously, Oh Mi Joo broke up with Ki Sun Kyum due to the interference of his father Ki Jung Do (Park Young Gyu), while Seo Dan Ah confessed to Lee Young Hwa and the pair started to date.

In new stills, the four young men and women are gathered together to celebrate Seo Dan Ah’s birthday. Ki Sun Kyum and Oh Mi Joo have most likely been summoned to help out with the event.

However, the party appears to be a mess, as Go Ye Joon (Kim Dong Young), Seo Tae Woong (Choi Jae Hyun), and Jung Ji Hyun (Yun Je Wook) have gotten into a fight and Seo Dan Ah looks on with a serious face. The embarrassed expression Lee Young Hwa makes suggests that the event is not going as planned. Moreover, it remains to be seen whether the mess of a party will have any kind of effect on Ki Sun Kyum and Oh Mi Joo’s relationship.

run-on8.jpg

The production team shared, “The Kyum-Mi (Ki Sun Kyum and Oh Mi Joo) couple who broke up during a tearful night come across each other once more at Seo Dan Ah’s party when they’re called by Lee Young Hwa. The pair expresses how long they’ve missed each other through their gazes. The Dan-Hwa (Seo Dan Ah and Lee Young Hwa) couple that has just begun their relationship and are getting to know each other will grow closer as a result of the birthday party. Please keep a close eye on the different progresses of the two couples.”

In other stills of a different moment, Ki Sun Kyum hugs Oh Mi Joo from the back with a tearful expression. He holds on to her as if he’ll never let her go.

Credit to the owner

Excellent preview especially if its back to front for ep 14.  I don't understand how some of the plot line would go but its still cute. The Su Bin incident made me laugh so much as I didn't expect the climax moments.

I really appreciate this drama. The emotions are real and the dialogue is spot on. The color palette is great. Pastels for Sun Gyeom and Mi Joo for their story is still on the cool side, while Yeong Hwa and Dan Ah have darker and bold colors for their relationship is fiery.

The lines are straightforward, but you still have to read between the lines so you have to listen carefully. Kudos to the actors, they are doing a great job.

Archived