[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Just finished watching ep 3 - let me just start off by saying that this drama is daebak!
I laughed in so many scenes, but it is also suspenseful at times. :glasses:

• The background music suits the show perfectly
  • The kiss between the original queen So Yong and the queen's cousin (adopted) Kim Byeong In was surprising but will give great love triangle potential. Since he's her "relative", he will be helping her out and fueling the mistrust towards the king
    It seems Se Yong had been betrayed right before the lake incident. It had probably something to do with the King.
  • The kitchen scenes were hilarious. :joy: I was also laughing at the fact that they were trying to fill up a lake with water from a well... :joy:

@aisling There is a lot of mistrust between So Yong and King Cheoljong right now. It's only natural as there seems to be a lot of baggage between them from before. I suspect that the King saw his father get assassinated (perhaps by someone from So Yong's family? father perhaps?) and that's why he has recurring nightmares. He doesn't trust her/him one iota at the moment.

Chef Jang has been thrown into the deep end with regard to palace intrigues... I have faith that Mr. Queen will sort his King out though.... :kiss_wink:

In any case, we're only in the beginning of the drama, and this mistrust phase is needed for the story to progress. I think there is a big chance that, as they get to know each other better, the distrust will lessen and other types of feelings will appear.... 

Oh, and it seems we'll be seeing some abs in ep 4 @Min2206 @Ameera Ali !

Happy Joy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I enjoyed Episode 3 very much, I think this is currently my favourite series airing. I like the light-heartedness of it and the story, I always look forward to the next scenes, even if it is politics or scheming. I like it focused more on the king's plans and the Queen trying to push forward with her own agenda, rather than the concubine who seems not to do anything. 

Regarding the Lake Incident:

As far as I remember, there was a flashback in previous episodes that showed the concubine actually pushing the queen into the lake. The Jo clan has some power, which was why there was no actual charge, and the fact the king lied for his first love. But she couldn't answer what she had been doing instead, when he asked her. I don't think it's that easy, the answer - but I'm bad at guesses. It's just weird that the servant girl of the concubine isn't afraid of the Queen (since the rest of the palace seemed to be afraid, considering she was quite petty, using her power, before the transformation happened). 

The music:

Is PERFECT for this series. I especially loved when they put the Buddhist music when they rthought no touch derived from their teachings. 

The cooking:

I loved that the cook found a way to please the Grand dowager queen with food and all the scenes with the Royal Chef, when he was frustrated about the girl entering his kitchen and seemingly cooking like a genius who had never cooked in her life before. I like this dynamic. He's just baffled, but he doesn't look like a true evil, just someone who has his world upside down. And I feel the queen will feel less lonely in this natural environment. That's good, since the queen has no allies except Hong.

Yes, there's the cousin. (I finally know why I got confused about the mixup, because the servant of the King wore similar robes to the Kim-Cousin, which is why I thought they were the same person). 

I didn't mind the scene of him kissing her, because he was comforting her and this is the second lead. It will be interesting to see whether he notices her change, and if he finds out what happened to the real queen, since it has been led to believe that he knows her for years (granted so does the servant). 

Also good ending, when the queen found at least one answer, when the king came and tried to wheedle out the information out of her. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Regarding the Lake Incident:

As far as I remember, there was a flashback in previous episodes that showed the concubine actually pushing the queen into the lake. The Jo clan has some power, which was why there was no actual charge, and the fact the king lied for his first love. But she couldn't answer what she had been doing instead, when he asked her. I don't think it's that easy, the answer - but I'm bad at guesses. It's just weird that the servant girl of the concubine isn't afraid of the Queen (since the rest of the palace seemed to be afraid, considering she was quite petty, using her power, before the transformation happened). 

I think the concubine is too obvious. We weren’t exactly showed the concubine pushing the queen. We saw the concubine with her outstretched hand after the queen fell into a lake. My guess is that concubine was actually trying to catch the queen but it was too late. The concubine isn’t stupid, she knows everyone would suspect her, so that’s why I don’t think she did it.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Well, after watching ep.03, I'm liking this a lot :D The comedy is gold, the story is certainly intriguing, what's really going on there? And Shin Hye Sun is wonderful and carrying the show, love her!

By the way, am I the only one liking the adopted cousin more than the king at this point? :luvarrow: And I'm not one to have 2nd lead syndrome often, but he seems so sweet! And the guy knows how to kiss, hehe!

Anyway, I'm guessing that the likely course of action will be that the fight with the king was due to some misunderstanding on his side, and at some point he will change his opinion about her and romance will spark between the queen and the king, so he will stop plotting against her family. A pity because it's so fun to watch them being "enemies" and suspecting the other. And I wonder how the cook and the queen will exchange bodies again and if it will be a gradual thing, because I cannot believe that the cook will play along with the king trying to seduce him.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

21 minutes ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

By the way, am I the only one liking the adopted cousin more than the king at this point? 

Yes I like the cousin too right now. He had only a few scenes but he left an impression, whereas the king by day is not so impressive, although by night he is more interesting to me, which is ironic as the people have the opposite impression of him. 

Also the few scenes between the king and concubine, I don't really buy it. I know she is supposed to be his first love and all, but I hope to see more of them, as right now it just looks a bit like embellishment. 

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I think the concubine is too obvious. We weren’t exactly showed the concubine pushing the queen. We saw the concubine with her outstretched hand after the queen fell into a lake. My guess is that concubine was actually trying to catch the queen but it was too late. The concubine isn’t stupid, she knows everyone would suspect her, so that’s why I don’t think she did it.

But everyone only suspected her, as it was reported that she had been seen by the lake at night-time, not necessarily due to her status / feelings for the king. Though I do agree, that it would be simplistic if it was the concubine after all.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

HELLO I just started watching this show.

LOVE IT :heartxoxo:

BUT. Is it supposed to get romantic between the two leads later on?? I just saw clips of the original Chinese adaptation and it was :w00t: so...was just wondering if this one will follow that storyline - also I don't see 'Romance' under the genre of this drama...?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I watched episode 4 live. It’s getting so intense. The ending was on the top. Ottoke I have to wait 6 days. Based on the preview the king would fall in love with the queen and maybe would save her when she will try to jump into the lake. This drama is on fire. Comic and intense at the drame time hahah :offtospace:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I haven't watched epi 4 yet but already am excited seeing @Ameera Ali's kissing gif ... just finished Epi 3 subbed ... ohh, I really like how the production team put Choi JH (Zoppa)'s voiceover, so perfectly done or matched with Shin HS's acting.   I wonder will he make a return at end of the drama.    Shin HS's acting is really good here.  Now the King is finally "awake"  Thanks for all the updates, Chingus ! 

keep them coming !    

QC4.jpgQC5.jpg

I'm glad while waiting for the King to understand the Queen, there is a character that sincerely love her. The real Queen must be feel so lonely in that Palace. I think she know the King did not like her but at least he should not think so lowly of her. Just because she came from Kim clan doesn't mean she have the same mentality. I tried my best to stay 'loyal' to the King but unfortunately I find myself towards Kim Byeong In.

Spoiler

Episode 4 showed that the King is not really that wise. He did not think properly when he learned Jo's maid was kidnapped by Kim people. His hatred have blinded him to act so rushly in front of the Great Dowager Queen. 

I'm truly disappointed on him today. Well, maybe my disappointment will disappeared next week because it seem that he starts to notice the Queen. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

This drama is like 4-5 genres combined and it's perfect in all of them.
The comedy is gold, the political parts so interesting, and the love stories so unpredictable.
I am still rooting for the King and Queen romance tbh, it would perfect enemies to lovers story and there is so much tension between them. Though I have to admit that the cousin is perfect as well.
I still can't understand everyone's intentions, but there is so much sexual tension and feelings around already to call this a non romance drama.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

darling what happen you assaulted your cousin, she goes to assault stranger   @partyon , @Min2206 should take legal action against these cousins 

Water kiss owns!   If the real Queen has not assaulted the stranger chef, we would not have Zoppa's voice to-date.    Now I am beginning to feel like @abc , rooting for the King - Queen pair.   Well, cousin ... you got your kiss before she was married to the King.  Would you be beheaded if the King finds out:D since you attacked him and took his hanky.  

I haven’t watched episode 4 yet (subbed video usually comes out the next day) but I have seen a preview for the next episode.

It looks like the lake will fill up with rainwater and our chef might be able to go back. Though of course he won’t go back. It’s too early for it since it’s going to be only episode 5-6. Either it won’t work or our chef  will be interrupted. I’m glad the king will slowly begin to see the queen with a new light next week and though I don’t want to be disappointed I still hope for the romance. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I think that the King doesn't have such strong feelings for his concubine, it's more thankfulness, a feeling that he owns his life for her so he must protect her and love her at any cost. He doesn't even spend with her his free time, or slept with her for so many days.

Also he may be involved in the lake issue and was about to confess it was him when the Queen stopped him, for her/his own reasons. So he may thinks she did it to save him. (I have only watched this youtube video from episode 4 so far so maybe i am wrong)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1