[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

3 hours ago, zoks said:

So I see this show is not going for any subtlety with their characters. That said SJ ( the kidnapper) has to be the worst because she knows exactly who and where the real birth mother is and refuses to say anything out of selfishness.

I came to this thread to see what other soompiers were thinking and I agree 100% with you. That kidnapper, no matter what the reason is, knows exactly what she has done and who the real mother is and stole a defenseless, little girl, which is absolutely inexcusable and unforgivable. Now, she has met the real mother and still refuses to tell the main female lead the truth. She is despicable!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is she waiting for?200.gif

She's coming across like one of them crazy baby snatcher ladies you see on FBI files who steal a baby and then raise them like their own one town over. Then some random encounter or incident causes the truth to come out. Maybe there was some sort of danger in the past, heck maybe she thought her friend was dead however in the here and now she has absolute no excuse for not tell them the truth especially knowing her daugther is yearning to find out about her birth mum. 

I don't like this lodgings lady. She is a kidnapper, and a liar, and she is feeble and pathetic and weak! How dare she steal a child and then make that child apologize for bullying she never did! 

And then there's all the emotional labor poor Chaewon does. I feel so bad for her.

Also, Seo A's explanation for why she framed Chaewon makes no sense. Why would lying about someone bullying you when other people are the bullies make your stepmom love you? 

That was so intense with Min Jae and Jung Woo at the end! Good thing there are loads of other intense dramas over the week because I feel bereft right now and want to know if she goes back to him or not!

On 10/10/2020 at 7:15 PM, hell59 said:

I came to this thread to see what other soompiers were thinking and I agree 100% with you. That kidnapper, no matter what the reason is, knows exactly what she has done and who the real mother is and stole a defenseless, little girl, which is absolutely inexcusable and unforgivable. Now, she has met the real mother and still refuses to tell the main female lead the truth. She is despicable!

I can’t stand that kidnapper. She is so pathetic... the way she constantly interferes with Bit Chae Won and runs after her whenever she hears something is about to happen. She is a horrible human being.  

Still can't figure out the plot. The three mothers were friends in the past. In the first episode we see Chae Won's foster mom running with a baby and someone is chasing her. Is her birth child kidnapped? Also the new tenant who is spying on the family, what is he after? From what I understood, he knows that DL group director is the birth mom of Chae won, and plans to marry her because she is rich. The question is why did the foster mom take Bit Chae Won?

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Still can't figure out the plot. The three mothers were friends in the past. In the first episode we see Chae Won's foster mom running with a baby and someone is chasing her. Is her birth child kidnapped? Also the new tenant who is spying on the family, what is he after? From what I understood, he knows that DL group director is the birth mom of Chae won, and plans to marry her because she is rich. The question is why did the foster mom take Bit Chae Won?

I think that is the plot, except the adoptive mother was a maid. We are just waiting to see why a kidnapping took place. The birth mother seemed to be under the impression her birth daughter was dead this entire time. Anyways young JH (since both him and his dad are WJH I'm going with young and old) seems to suffer from chronic stress. Or could it be something worse?

18 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Yeah, I think that's the big question. I don't think she was just a baby-napper. There must have been a situation in which she had to keep the child safe? Although I'm not sure why she never returned the baby later.

I think it has to do with the Chairwoman's husband. The husband is in jail, and he's the one who told the new tenant that Bit-Chae-Woon is the Chairwoman's daughter. (So she's also his daughter? Very confusing.)

Nice seeing friends here --hi @chickfactor

OMG I agree with you all on how the adoptive mom who kidnapped our poor FL and is not willing to give her back to her bio mom. RickRoll'D?! @nohamahamoud2002 @chickfactor @zoks @EK8 @tulip06 @hell59 @tas82

The fact she runs and avoids seeing the bio mom when she runs with the other daughter HD when she realizes she is trying to do something about the unfair bullying past.

OMG I was surprised that JH dad was actually willing to go on his knees and realized he was as a horrible father/hubby to his wife?! Seriously had to take her wanting OUT of the marriage and him living in filth and then run his mouth on JH too?

(JH dad is like my dad. Not a bad guy ---but they both run their mouth the same without thinking but both are not bad people. He is more stingier than my dad too.)

Interesting that Bit Chae Woon's bio mom went to Jae Hee's dad and talked to him about resolving his marriage. I disliked the dad not realizing Jaehee's intentions and gosh he was a horrible person. Not realizing his wife LOVED him to stay with him and his nasty cheap ways. Only when she wrote those THOUGHTFUL comments on laundry and self care he realizes she put up with ALOT with him? Tigers don't lose their stripes overnight but wow his confession and apology to Minjae was genuine. Wooah.

I was glad that Chae Woon resolved the bullying and had Seo Ah's old bestie talk to her and try to resolve it. To have her mom's assistant overhear the talk knowing Seo Ah's lying on who bullied her DID not make sense. Chae Woon taking the high road and saying nice things about Seo Ah's friend --in front of her students. She shows what being mature and acting with kindness and grace/maturity is like. Seo Ah has everything and cannot be kind or have grace.

When Seo Ah told her mom that despite being poorer than her and not having anything. She bullied her because people liked her drawing talent?! Wow jealousy and just not a nice person. Such strong insecurities and jealousy. Even when you have people's love you don't trust it and this insecurity will be what takes /kills any love or sympathy or good things in your life.

CEO did feel something with Chae Woon and her admission her initial feelings /impression she was a good person was RIGHT and not wrong.  (I mean she meets many people in her life so glad she felt good vibes an IRONICALLY it is her daughter (bio) that her adoptive daughter bullied too).

Jae Hee not liking the new lodger (I cannot blame him and seems like the brother doesn't either seeing he kept holding JH back.

The  aunt helping the singer get the heckler off the stage throwing the shoe. Awww are they going to try to create a love line? Hmmm.

Jae Hee definitely seeing Chae Woon good light not minding she calls him Koala. Plus they seem to gravitate to each other subtly. The new lodger is trying his earnest to get closer to Chae Woon and it is slowly working. But her natural chemistry is with Jae Hee. But when Seo Ah realizes Jae Hee likes Chae Woon, she is going to go NUTSO. 

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

The  aunt helping the singer get the heckler off the stage throwing the shoe. Awww are they going to try to create a love line? Hmmm.

I really like them, they create some comedy at least. (Reminding me of Once Again, the butcher and the aunt  :)

The misunderstanding between Chae Won and her bio mom is usual in drama, reminding me of Daughter of mine.

Husband in jail might be the 2nd husband of the CEO which is also the father of Seo A.

To inherit the CEO's wealth, the husband in jail tried to harm Chae Won that's why the adoptive mother has to runaway to keep her safe.

Jae Hee's father must be into Chae Won's adoptive mother instead of his mother. They seem to have a past.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, Nodame said:

But when Seo Ah realizes Jae Hee likes Chae Woon, she is going to go NUTSO. 

Yeah, I feel kind of bad for her. She's going to lose the boy she likes and she will have to share her mother - both to Bit-Chae-Woon. That's going to hurt. And she is a bit spoiled and immature, so she is going to scream and hyperventilate (which she apparently does every week, anyway).

I just want to say how much I love the name Bit-Chae-Woon - it is such a unique name. I think it's supposed to mean, "full of light" (bit = light, chae-woon = filled)

And I also like her sister's name Hae-Deun, I think it's supposed to mean "sun inside." So there is definitely a theme.

I don't know what their brother's name "Ra-Hoon" means.

Anyway, this is a fun show now that I understand the framework a bit more. It's the classic Cinderella story K-drama where the poor, spunky girl was a rich heiress all along. And everything is shot kind of like it's a candy-colored animated show.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, tas82 said:

What the hell is she waiting for?

She's coming across like one of them crazy baby snatcher ladies you see on FBI files who steal a baby and then raise them like their own one town over. Then some random encounter or incident causes the truth to come out. Maybe there was some sort of danger in the past, heck maybe she thought her friend was dead however in the here and now she has absolute no excuse for not tell them the truth especially knowing her daugther is yearning to find out about her birth mum. 

I think there is more story to the kidnapping. Not that it justifies the foster mother though. The ex-husband in prison knew where Chae Won is because he said that she will be his golden ticket to wealth. The basement tenant or his boss overheard the ex-husband bragging and decided to take the opportunity to plot against Chae Won and the rich mother. 

On 10/12/2020 at 10:16 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think it will be revealed in bits and pieces. The fact that the ex-husband knows where Chae Won is may mean that he has a connection with the current foster mother. So who is the father of Chae Won? The ex-husband in jail or the man who was comforting the birth mother as she cried. I know the birth mother sometimes talks out loud to a deceased lover but is he the stepfather of Chae Won or her birth father, I wonder. 

Regarding the birth mother, her apology fell far too short for me. I binged-watched the episodes released so far yesterday so I remember her words to Chae Won. After Chae Won confronted the inveterate lying Director Jang for cowardly bullying her and mistreating her through her rank unprofessionalism, Jung Won ordered Chae Won to her office where she proceeded to tell her that she’s “EVIL” and “has no conscience” and she’s a liar.

So then, how all of a sudden she’s telling Chae Won that she always knew that she was a good person? Even when Chae Won went to look for So Mi to convince her to clear her name, the woman intervened and proceeded to denigrate Chae Won probably for the third time to her face. And she gets off with some shallow “I always knew you were a good person” when her words and actions said otherwise? She didn’t even “seriously” consider the words that Chae Won said regarding her regret for not fighting to clear name. Chae Won also told her that her family was struggling at the time and she didn’t want to cause them trouble so she did nothing more to clear her name at the time. I don’t think it’s petty when I say that the woman’s apology fell short compared to the awful things she said to Chae Won without even considering that if she truly thought Chae Won was a good person, why did she always use such harsh labels such as “evil” to describe Chae Won. Whew! I just had to blow off some steam. Sorry for the rant. The “evil” label really got to me.

In any case, besides all that, I do like her and her sense of fairness (not judgment) when it comes to righting a wrong. She also seems to likable and nice lady.

Ok first thing first, they really need to stop normalising this stalker female behaviour. I hate it with a passion and it's a real turn off. I want to fast forward every time I see that girl. If a dude did the same shite it'll be straight to the police and restraining order territory. It ain't cute and they need to stop selling that shite. No doubt by the end her and the dude gonna be some lovey dovey couple.:notsureifserious:

From my understanding the ex husband in prison is the same dude that was comforting Jung Won when she was holding her husband ashes and crying. I'm guessing Chae Won is her and 1st husband kid. So the question is did Convict husband off 1st Husband? Then is Seol  Ah his bio daughter? Then Jung Won legally adopted her after they got hitched? Hhmm... So kill the hubby, get rid of his daughter's competition which is the biological daughter Chae Won, then him and his daughter SA are now Jung Won's new family with access to her fortune? Then SJ then rescued  BCW from her evil step dad who was gonna get rid of her? But still why not go to JW? Anyways that's scenario number 1 that's running through my head right now.   

Or was it just a simple kidnapping for money that went wrong. In either scenario where is JW? How was she compromised to the point where SJ would think it best not to reunite mother and daughter. Or is SJ just an opportunist baby abductor as she was sterile or something? On the surface SJ seems a decent person so what the heck happened? The decent idea goes out the window now though, as there is literally no reason for her to not tell JW and BCW the truth besides being selfish.

Will also be interesting to see what scheming Min Jae did to land her husband. There most definitely is a story there. Did she get her self knocked up to trap him, mind it takes two to tango. How did he end up with her and not SJ? It was great seeing the miserable goat suffering and finally realising the value of his wife.

Regarding whether the man in jail is the biological father of Jang Seol Ah, I don’t know. Usually the children have their father’s surname but the ex-husband’s surname is Park and not Jang. Also, Jung Won’s surname is Kim. So I’m not sure which of the husbands is Chae Won’s biological father.

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Regarding whether the man in jail is the biological father of Jang Seol Ah, I don’t know. Usually the children have their father’s surname but the ex-husband’s surname is Park and not Jang. Also, Jung Won’s surname is Kim. So I’m not sure which of the husbands is Chae Won’s biological father.

Good point, on the surnames could it be the dead husbands surname? Or they just stuck with the orphanage name or if bio dad is a criminal and they don't want he tarnished she uses her bio mum's name. Ah the possibilities..... I think CW is 1st husbands kid unless prison husband was so evil he'd use his own kid as leverage for money? I think she was 1st husbands kid with an accompanying inheritance that mum probably wouldn't touch so my dude tried to force the issue. Anyways the more I type the more crazy scenarios be popping into my head lol, so I best just stop here. It's a good sign though to already be this invested...here's hoping it continues.

@tas82, it’s a side effect of watching daily shows to come up with these crazy scenarios. :w00t: I want Chae Won to be the first husband’s kid and hopefully it’s not the guy in prison. However, he did say that Chae Won is his daughter. In one of Jung Won’s conversations with Min Jae, it sounded like they were both rich girls who married poor boys against their family’s wishes. They both spoke like they regretted it. So maybe that dude in prison is the first husband.

15 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@tas82, it’s a side effect of watching daily shows to come up with these crazy scenarios. :w00t: I want Chae Won to be the first husband’s kid and hopefully it’s not the guy in prison. However, he did say that Chae Won is his daughter. In one of Jung Won’s conversations with Min Jae, it sounded like they were both rich girls who married poor boys against their family’s wishes. They both spoke like they regretted it. So maybe that dude in prison is the first husband.

Lol you're so right I be been sucked back into the abyss.

But then if he's the 1st husband how come he was comforting her with the urn when she broke down crying? Hhmm need to go back and look at that clip was there, a name on the urn? Unless it's an empty urn for when they thought the daugther was oresumed dead at the hands of the kidnappers, but then it was pretty big, adult sis. Hhhmmm got me thinking.... 

32 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Lol you're so right I be been sucked back into the abyss.

But then if he's the 1st husband how come he was comforting her with the urn when she broke down crying? Hhmm need to go back and look at that clip was there, a name on the urn? Unless it's an empty urn for when they thought the daugther was poisoned dead at the hands of the kidnappers, but then it was pretty big, adult sis. Hhhmmm got me thinking.... 

@tas82, I also should rewatch the flashback. The man didn’t look like the guy in prison. However, since they don’t even provide names in the flashbacks, who knows who’s who for the men at times especially when they use “Oppa”.

Archived