[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

2 minutes ago, Naty828 said:

I think JH's dad needs to feel a little jealous of his ex-wife. I don't think he didn't love his wife but I think he thinks the displays of affection are weakness.

So far a lot of indications were on his resentment to the marriage. His happy memories were with SJ and MJ was like the 3rd wheel.

Korean viewers may not like it but I prefer she moves on, even as a single woman. Thirty years of being 'treated like dirt' is enough for many women.

Kdrama likes the antagonists to win for many episodes. So we may see BCW being wrongly accused of errors at the office. I have hopes that PH will protect his daughter and the old woman would lose everything. And ugh... the SP.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, GingerK said:

Why did I just get a feeling  Na Roo is going to be the Aunt's kid? No subtitles so I might just be reaching on the preview for the next episode.

I don't think so.  Isn't she too young to have Naro to be her child.  She remembers where she saw him before.  (I think that is the reason she is surprised)

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Naro is creepy. Now he helps Soah too :(

He is not helping SoA, but helping himself.  Initially since he wanted to be with BCW, and she did not approve of it, he changed hosts and is now feeding off of SoA.

1 hour ago, GingerK said:

Why did I just get a feeling  Na Roo is going to be the Aunt's kid? No subtitles so I might just be reaching on the preview for the next episode.

The text handle for the preview says she remember him from working at a medical service for prison. Early episode he was just released from prison (same place as CW dad). 

I hope HD finds her parents, some normal people who went through a disaster and had been looking for her. 

The guy was funny. When she first met him while working at Subways, she pronounced meat ball as meter ball and he was supposed to say it the 'correct' way but his pronunciation was even weirder. 

James is going to be SJ's knight in shining armour and kick the old woman's butt. I hope. 

3 hours ago, sal2 said:

The text handle for the preview says she remember him from working at a medical service for prison. Early episode he was just released from prison (same place as CW dad). 

Auntie and uncle like to contort their faces, this is one time when I love the look on her face. like 'we are living with a jailbird'? Ok, not politically correct. A repented man?

On 12/7/2020 at 12:30 AM, maribella said:

I like MJ. MJ and JW, two  thinking women. MJ was funny when she was still married. Her clothes were the fifties type and she said to JW that she had style.

I am glad they are giving her a love life. But there are more than 60 episodes left, they might change her character, & if they constantly have SA plotting against BCW, that would be a drag.

edit: 

her look is not 'with sadness' to me. More like what can I do to break them up.

Oops, I seem to be quoting you today!

I remember that JH dad's once said to the mum that she tricked him into marriage.  She gave him a guilty look.  I am waiting to find out why\how they got together in the end when it is obvious that the one he loved was SJ. 

But JD's parents could get back together.  When he was James reliving his past memories of being beaten by debt collectors, his first thought was whether his wife and son were safe.  So anger and resentment is the top layer.  Need to see what is beneath that.

But I wouldn't mind if he got back together with SJ. She obviously brings out the best in him.  And she still thinks of him.  Waiting to see the reason they got married  before I decide who to ship!

4 hours ago, O said:

remember that JH dad's once said to the mum that she tricked him into marriage.  She gave him a guilty look.  I am waiting to find out why\how they got together in the end when it is obvious that the one

I didn't catch this part. Maybe she seduced him and got pregnant.  It seemed that MJ was always popping up when he wanted to be with SJ.

I think MJ is funny but when it's time to move on, do it. There would be lingering feelings for her husband and he her, but they are old enough and 30 years is a long time to try and make a marriage work. Enough.

As we wait for the weekend and new episodes this was released for ep 25-26 some select scenes from last weekend

Called best/great scene

Spoilers some scenes clips ep 26 

Spoiler

Thanks all for keeping this forum alive with comments/thoughts etc.

Last weekend ok.

- BCW dad tries to get closer to his daughter and is def impressing Koala. OMG the set up to do the hand drip coffee at a construction site? How impractical that can be but very impactful

-James (JH dad) actually asking his staff why they fear him? (Really he is that clueless? He is learning to cook using the rice cooker, cannot blame MJ almost falling off her rocker when she heard. (But heck he has to eat and if he is that STINGY hiring a cook is not for him. He HAS to cook.

-I like that MJ has a potential suitor in JH professor mentor/sunbae. Even if NOTHING comes out of it , I am glad she can feel like a woman and ALIVE again. I am ok if she moves forward and doesn't get back with James (JH dad). 

-Same with James (JH dad) to be with SJ. I am ok if something happens. But for JH that would not be good but awkward. Though SJ is not BCW birth mom, if they got together and his dad with her, it would be AWKWARD. But that is not the goal of the drama more about everyone in it.

-HD is def doing well as fit MODEL for SA brother doing a fashion mall online. They are SO playing the love line card with these two. Cute how she said she cannot take his offer as she is going away and him asking her to do it while she is still around. We know now she knows the truth about Paris and her selection, will she REALLY leave? No not to be in another country to do the same tasks and PLUS she doesn't speak French (even harder to pull off due to the language barrier. )I don't see her trying to learn some French to prepare.

-RH with the university gal was expected. They had their twists and turns and initially would not have expected her to be so understanding he was not a university student. He does have a good heart for a handsome young man.

-Dr Auntie and Uncle are so cute and when they bumped into RH on his date was hilarious when he was there with Dr's Auntie's roomie.  So awkward but cute. When will they TELL everyone? I mean alot of the them know of their romance it is matter of time SJ knows (or does she know already?)

-Learning of CEO JW depression after SY and then SJ was asking by her mom to care for SY. It all comes together as we are getting piece meal what really went on.

James wanting to help SJ and confronting JW  harsh mom. OMG.

-NR helping SA and trying to be with her as his back up plan. Gosh his fake and not strong denials he did not upload the info to the work intranet about BCW as CEO JW birth daughter from wedlock. How scandalous. 

Glad SJ was growing a pair for JW's mom to come see her realizing and grudgingly acknowledging she has finally grown a pair when dealing with her.

Our cute OTP Koala and Moong are too cute. Glad they have each other and how SJ is happy that CW has him to rely on and help her. Awwww.

-RH finally coming clean to mom who already knew. ONE big burden lifted for him. 

My first impression on this drama is that I literally scoffed and laughed at this drama’s attempt to make me feel sorry for Seola. Really, drama? She’s an arrogant elitist and bully, and I don’t feel sorry for her one bit for getting a karma pie plastered on her face. No amount of some cheesy piano sad music can make me feel sorry for her.

Dear writer-nim, if you want to make a character that the audience can feel sorry for, make SA a good person. Make her BCW’s best friend or sth for a long time, but still having her insecurities, so when JH asked BCW out, and she accepted his feelings, it really felt like a betrayal. On the other side when BCW was revealed to be SY, and also “stole” JW’s affections, it would actually make us feel sorry because BCW never intended to take the things that SA cherished so much. Plus it can add more time to the pacing since I feel like the revelation that BCW is SY is wayyyy too early, i feel like at this rate they’re just gonna add some pointless drama after drama with the tyrant grandmother, SA, and NR all the way until the ending.

to develop more of the plot: The relationship between real sisters, recover the relationship between mom Bio (must call her mom), discover the dad and all his misdeeds, The secret of the bear (definitely contains a key), the recovery of NR as a member of the family of the house (it may be that he gets seriously hurt), know how JH's parents got married, become an official couple the uncles , RH goes to college.

I felt the revelation was too early.

Then there are too many storylines, too many people. The brother and girl story is not interesting. I thought that she was a spoilt rich girl, intent on chasing the guy. 

I thought JH and BCW made a sweet couple but another forum said they were like friends, no chemistry. If that means no kissy stuff, I am fine for now.  They are getting to know each other.

Somehow at the end, we will most likely see a sister act  SA and BCW. I am not sure if I could forget SA's antics. NR was from an orphanage if I remember correctly. So S Villa will probably take him in as family.

HI All.

Interesting this is my second weekend drama to follow in real time after ONCE AGAIN.

I like the two OTP characters. the FL is so cute and the actress has a beautiful EYE SMILE indeed that is so bright and gorgeous it lights up her face.

-Love line HD and SA brother (we saw a mile away) we are not seeing it yet for those two. But we know all SIGNS lead to them being together. She will get her CHAEBOL connection not her real parent but via her boyfriend. He likes her company but loves her skills. Interesting he was not liking her outfit suggestion for the gal going to the alumnae reunion event. HD was going for sexy and devil may care. No FEMININE good goody outfit. LOL. But even the bro had to admit the outfit looked good.

FINALLY the whole household knows the truth about RH not going to University. YES no more needing to drag it out (more than halfway over with this drama)

SJ knows now that JH dad has his memory back. She also knows how thoughtful JH was not telling her and she was not mad as she realized he wanted to be comfortable and awkward returning to visit their place without having to be change. As we can see even James/ JH dad realizes as well as everyone else he is two different personas one at work and one there as James. EVen JH was flabbergasted to learn that the old personality was his dad all along but he had to submerge /suppress that side of him. I mean he had loan sharks after him when he was younger.

MJ getting a suitor in her son's sunbae/mentor is awesome.  I don't want JH's folks to get back together. I like they are apart and I hope she gets better. Also having a handsome interested younger man doesn't hurt. Also she was hurt that her hubby forget that stuffed animal was a present from him for FREE on her bday (he did not pay for the coin) in the claw machine. Awww sad for her. He cares but he is just trying to wrestle with himself as well.

Glad that JH and JH dad are in on CEO JW mom harassing SJ and then at the end of ep 28 seeing SJ, CW at the house with JW to talk to JW's mom.

SA is a hot freaking mess and I have no sympathy. Her constant shrieking JH was stolen from her, JW her mom is stolen from her etc etc blah blah. Knowing that NR is not good for her and using him to get JH concerned (but not even a a woman) but as a concerned big bro. His parents knew the score and I was glad the dad said it to her grandmother by marriage JW's mom.  I mean MJ tolerated SA but she saw through her tricks too. Did she really love JH? More she loved the idea of him and he is handsome and happens to be her oppa's BFF? Hello to stick yourself to a man who constantly tells you time and time again no, have some self respect.

Dr Auntie making Uncle sad and realizing what she DID. Good. She still did it after wanting to change it to tell her sis. And then her realizing NR she met in the prison facility (It was a matter of time). NR being sharp knew something amiss. Him helping SA to unhinge JH and make him jealous. NR not telling JH and CW that her birth dad is amongst their midst. 

It was obvious that the dad would change the pic of himself to someone else. His annoying laugh when he asks to meet up with JW and act like nothing happened to reclaim attention to CEO JW. Really now?

Looking forward to next week for this drama.

Archived