[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

@kboramint Oh cool. This is only my second weekend drama so I don't know about these things. But hmm makes sense. I see HD entangled with SA bro just because he asked for her help. His weird pronunciation of English words was hilarious and ANNOYING.

@zashibear  I am with you watching this drama for the relationships and characters. They can be heart warming and a bit sad/happy very much up and down. Seeing the love lines and other characters circling around the OTP or other characters. I am glad seeing from the preview that NR started to like CW for reals. But her evil bad dad won't trust his word--then again I would not easily trust NR either.

Thoughts

-The DNA testing of course shows our FL IS the bio daughter (we knew was the case).

(Learning more that SJ would not betray the ex hubby/ CW bio daddy and JW mom). JW mom really is horrible,  your own GRANDCHILD it was NOT CW fault her dad is trash. She is a sweet young woman. No support and ditching her to never come back poor SJ. (again glad she was not kidnapping CW and that was false red herrings). Glad to know she is STILL a decent person and in the circumstances took care of CW with a big heart.

-Ok how long are they dragging the gal who is crushing on RH. Funny he protects her and NR joking --do they really think they can trick me? LOL

-Moong the new nick name for Headbutt is cute. When she moved her head butt to his chest before he kissed her was sweet. Awww. Then saying she reminds him of his cute dog MOONG is way better than Headbutt. LOL

-James --how long is he having amnesia? Granted this is 100 episode drama, but still I guess the story is to extend how he was before JH knew him to be not kind/mean and a bit hard headed. I am glad they are bonding even if he is NOT fully back to his senses.

-MJ knowing something is fishy, I am liking her character. Cute she is checking out JH place to meet CW as he heard he is dating her her. (OH cannot blame your mom, you are her only son. Plus it doesn't hurt she got mom's stamp of approval.) 

-SA being overly possessive and hysterical saying CW cannot move into HER home and take HER mom.

Dang haven't you heard Sharing is Caring in this case the mom.  Her realizing that CW is the apple of JH eye is driving her batty. You know she is going to throw some wrenches their way. (Glad at least CW is not working for LYNX.)

-Uncle and Dr Aunt def have a loveline and wonder what will PUSH them to get together.

-Why does SA bro not want to report home yet? I wonder and he has money woes. Hmm is it secret return that is why?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2020 at 8:37 AM, Fabbo said:

I guess i just pretend that the stalker girlfriend plotline is cute.

:) I thought I was the only one to find that thread tiresome. Three episodes tops is my patience for this line. 

Same thing with the uncle/aunt, get them to date or move somewhere together.

I'd like HD to find her birth mother - maybe the aunt?

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

As we wait for the weekend episodes-- here are some videos of our prior episodes from the drama

CEO Jung Won finding out that her thought to be dead daughter is ALIVE

I agree- best scene--- The both confess and KISS (YESH) for our OTP finally 

Did you just call me your Boy friend?

(Beginning Kiss) As she was heading to go to Busan...

Spoiler

James thinking he is impersonating Jae Hee's dad not realizing he IS Jae Hee's dad LOL. His mom all curious and wanting to figure up what is WRONG with his dad her EX hubby

Don't like Na Ro, many have had shitty beginnings but didn't turn into shite. I do think he'll redeem himself. He's obviously been used and abused since he was young but now as he experiences true family life it will change him for the better.  

Granny is controlling wench. Considering she was the one who "identified the body"  she gonna have a lot of explaining to do. Jung Won has already broken away from her and can't see her being pleased about JW's second marriage either especially after all she did to break her away from the first one. Jung Won wanting to marry a widower with two kids would have driven her to fury. Their first conversation after all that's happened so far will be very revealing.

02fa0a2503074e6e8fbfa0164f8ce0d7.jpeg?s=

Jin Ki Joo And Lee Jang Woo Face Off Against Con Artist In “Homemade Love Story”

Nov 22, 2020
by U. Kim

Jin Ki Joo and Lee Jang Woo are getting to the bottom of things in KBS 2TV’s weekend drama “Homemade Love Story”!

“Homemade Love Story” is a drama about the various stories that take place inside the Samkwang Villa. It is a family drama centered around the villa’s owner, Lee Soon Jung (Jeon In Hwa), who welcomes everyone to her table. Lee Jang Woo stars as a detail-oriented architect named Woo Jae Hee, and Jin Ki Joo co-stars as Lee Bit Chae Woon, who has to shoulder the responsibility of taking care of her family.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Previously in the drama, Hwang Na Ro (Jeon Seong Woo) got Byun Mi Ja (Jeon Young) to approach and deceive Lee Bit Chae Woon. Pretending to be close to Lee Soon Jung, Byun Mi Ja acted like she knew everything about Lee Bit Chae Woon’s birth secret. Finding her suspicious, Lee Bit Chae Woon asked Lee Soon Jung if she knew someone named Byun Mi Ja, and Lee Soon Jung said she didn’t. When Lee Bit Chae Woon tried to reach out to Byun Mi Ja again, she didn’t pick up.

New stills show Woo Jae Hee and Lee Bit Chae Woon executing a secret scheme to figure out who Byun Mi Ja is. Lee Bit Chae Woon keeps Byun Mi Ja distracted by talking about topics she would be interested in until Woo Jae Hee appears in front of them with a serious expression. Byun Mi Ja is also incredibly flustered. What will they find out through this plan?

jin-ki-joo-jeon-young-lee-jang-woo-2.jpg

The production team commented, “Tonight (November 22), the hidden truths will be unveiled in front of Lee Bit Chae Woon one by one. Resolute, she will be walking into the eye of the hurricane. Don’t miss out and watch how Lee Bit Chae Woon’s actions will change the flow of the story.”

Episode 20 of “Homemade Love Story” airs on November 22 at 7:55 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1439336wpp/jin-ki-joo-and-lee-jang-woo-face-off-against-con-artist-in-homemade-love-story

On 11/21/2020 at 2:58 AM, tas82 said:

Don't like Na Ro, many have had shitty beginnings but didn't turn into shite.

Yeah he definitely have some shady behavior. But beside knowing he was adopted to Netherland and therefor is good at translation job. We see that he clearly is competent and schooled. We do not know much more about him. Why he ended up in prison and what is his motive for doing this scheme. Based on ep. 19 it seems like he have some revenge plan against CW grandmother that maybe she was the reason he ended up in prison. I think beside his original plan he did kinda warm up to the villa family though. I do think when things matter he gonna protect CW and the rest from PH and grandmother. Based on preview JH ask NR about why he approached CW. So maybe we gonna learn more about him from this conversation. Looks like JH and NR gonna bond in some ways. To me seems like writer have planted a growth arch for NR as I think in the end he maybe gonna find friends  in JH, CW and villa family. I think what he need is just compassion to become a better person. 

NR being pro at sneering :P 

giphy.gif

Of course JW second husband came with a benefit, his money, as I honestly couldn't see that wench being happy with her marrying someone with two kids. The difference in her treatment of BCW compared to SA is just wow. My little devil is hoping SA would overhear granny and hear how it was her dad's money that got her in this family and the reason why the Wench allowed the marriage as he had the funds to turn around their company. 

I'm loving the direction things are going. Looks like we were right when we said that one can only see BCW moving in bio family if it was to protect her mum and family. Love that she is doing things on her terms and not being a doormat. MJ is too funny out there trying to find the truth. Can't wait to see her back story. She clearly plotted and schemed to land her husband hence her uneasy with SJ. Takes 2 for tango though and from James' flashbacks wouldn't be surprised if he married her for the money as he seemed to be the main support for his family back then too hence the beatings from creditors cause of family debt. But I still suspect she got herself knocked up mind she can't do that on her own so...

Anyways loving the proactive nature of the main people. Will be interesting to see how the the evil ones change their approaches as at the moment things aren't really going to plan. They'll have their successes later on for sure,  after all what's a weekend drama without angst and suffering for the main characters but for nowtthey'll have to chop and change up their plans as Koala, Moong and even SJ aren't gonna just rollover.

Thanks for to  @Jillia (OST Clips) and   @gm4queen for the articles and @Naty828 for ep 21 preview

@tas82 thanks for your post! Awww the plot thicken and concur the grandmother would NOT have been so nice to Seo Ah and her bro if it were NOT for their dad and his money. She is very practical. The fact she dumped Seo Yeon (Chae Won) due to her horrible dad--no fault of the daughter. 

I am glad that MJ found out the truth. MJ is good to even detect his BO on the comforter. Funny how she acts and sniffs like a blood hound.  Then we see how he was nice to her clearing the CHAIR but when he was in his right mind he did not do that when he was NOT courting her.  I wonder if it is the case she somehow seduced HIM or else SJ moved away and due to being overcome with debt, better to marry MJ. (Def not a LOVE match for him so far we can see or are told.) I recall she said that he has sweat that is hard to clean off his shirts and has to be soaked in VINEGAR or else hard clean out. 

Glad that HD told JH about seeing NR was suspicious at the sandwich shop. JH with NR and bringing him food and offering to be his pal (now he is dating CW) . LOL. But also NR being frustrated his moment with CW putting on ointment was disturbed by JH and his dad. LOL. It did sound suspect from the outside LOL. NR lying on the floor rolling in pain instead of going on the bed was interesting. I agree I feel a smidgeon bad due to his upbringing. But he seems to have a CHANCE to redeem himself potential. The warm folks there are growing on him--home cooked meals, their nosy ways but they care and worry about everyone's well being. He is coming to have some affection for CW but it is NOT love. Her dad was right about NR wanting to infiltrate and then befriend her before she found out her birth mom. 

Glad that everyone NOW knows our OTP are dating. Cute cute. When CW found out James is her dad she was uber nice and same with SJ. I agree she was treating him like potential in-laws (DR aunt was right Man Jeong). Glad that the female student stalker is DISCOVERED and OUTED. Poor uncle thinking she was a ghost all this time. 

HD so caught up being an IDOL and now going to France?! I mean being an idol is hard. I thought she had a hard time with choreography. This is imperative as an artist. She tried hard and was not good at that part. Sometimes it is not about hard work but if you CAN do it or able to do it. 

SA her over the top actions and screaming rub me the wrong way. OMG with CEO JW saying CW is taking mom and everything including JH from her. Seriously you do NOT own people.  OMG. Then we know this weekend she will pull her screaming fits again when CW moves in.

I am glad CW knows her bio maternal grandmother HATES her dad. So that bias alone she knows that her grandmother will be two faced and she is prepared before meeting her. Good CW knew it was amiss when SJ was telling her leave me or ELSE I will say I kidnapped you.

When MJ was looking to find out SJ daughter boy her surprise it was CW. She likes her. Cute how JH tried to hide/clean up his room quick. Glad that both MJ and CW like each other, makes JH life easier. The fact that MJ saw through SA saying she steals people thunder (she is a sharp woman) and glad she knew that about SA. Sharper than CEO JW for sure on that score.

Looking forward to next weekend's installments.

In my prettiest daughter, she had two mothers just like this show. They gave the adopted mother who was devoted to her some cancer. :pensive:Yes she died.

Now SJ told Park Pil Hong that she would kill him. Not a good omen.

I don't like Na Ro. Just targeting a potentially rich woman is most distasteful. I am guessing PPH is going to be watching him.

12 hours ago, maribella said:

In my prettiest daughter, she had two mothers just like this show. They gave the adopted mother who was devoted to her some cancer. :pensive:Yes she died.

Now SJ told Park Pil Hong that she would kill him. Not a good omen.

I don't like Na Ro. Just targeting a potentially rich woman is most distasteful. I am guessing PPH is going to be watching him.

Yeah I really hope both mum's are with her at the end. Considering how worried PPH makes SJ to the point where she does something so out of character in a sense(but fits mum mode) to say she'll kill him, it's very silly for her to not at least give BCW a heads up. She doesn't need to go into detail just simple show her a picture and tell her to be wary of this person he's dangerous and not to be trusted.

As for Na Roo seems like he's gonna be taking the long winding road to some semblance of redemption. At the moment he's so detestable I want him to end up with nothing but he'll know he could have had a family with the villa crew but he threw it away costing him dearly. However I get the feeling the writer will make he and SA be a genuine thing by the end.

5 hours ago, tas82 said:

e villa crew but he threw it away choosing him dearly. However I get the feeling the writer will make he and SA be a genuine thing by the end.

You could be right. Usually the daily series like to end with the kumbaya feelings all round. The most awful antagonist would be forgiven and accepted, he/she had a terrible childhood etc. But this is a weekend series, we may still get some sadness. 

SA and NR? 
Maybe Red haired guy is JW's stepson but SA is adopted? Why would they have similar names SY, SA? That's why SA is so insecure.

I've said this before, but I think the writers are setting up for HD to get married into JW's family. We could see it happen later in the series. HD is already been bickering with JW's red haired son (Subway sandwich guy) and that normally leads to them getting romantically involved.   

9191237fdfe54586a618f9ba063985e5.jpeg?s=

“Homemade Love Story” Ratings Soar Past 30 Percent; “The Uncanny Counter” Rises For 2nd Episode

Nov 30, 2020

by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” remains as popular as ever!

On November 29, viewership ratings for the hit weekend drama broke past the 30 percent mark for the second time. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Homemade Love Story” scored average nationwide ratings of 29.4 percent and 31.8 percent, marking a significant increase from the night before and falling just short of the drama’s all time-high of 31.9 percent from last Sunday.

Which of these weekend dramas are you watching? Let us know in the comments below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440878wpp/homemade-love-story-ratings-soar-past-30-percent-the-uncanny-counter-rises-for-2nd-episode

10 hours ago, maribella said:

Maybe Red haired guy is JW's stepson but SA is adopted? Why would they have similar names SY, SA? That's why SA is so insecure.

I thought that JW married a man with 2 children.  So, Jun A  (son ) and Seo A (daughter) are from JW second marriage.  From what other soompiers have discussed before,  children can have either the first part of the name or the second part of the name common as siblings.  So, I think that they are not JW bio children.  SA insecurities must come from something else.  I don't think it has been revealed except for the fact that SA was scared to be abandoned.  That is one of the reasons for all the tantrum she throws.  

4 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

I thought that JW married a man with 2 children.  So, Jun A  (son ) and Seo A (daughter) are from JW second marriage.  From what other soompiers have discussed before,  children can have either the first part of the name or the second part of the name common as siblings.  So, I think that they are not JW bio children.  SA insecurities must come from something else.  I don't think it has been revealed except for the fact that SA was scared to be abandoned.  That is one of the reasons for all the tantrum she throws.  

I thought her husband had two children too but FL's name is Seo Yong.

It is too similar to Seo A.

If she were adopted by JW and husband 2, that would explain why she's so clingy.

Archived