[Drama 2021] She Would Never Know, 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마

0ly40

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, msbubbly said:

While I too think the wiping lipstick off scene was a bit too much and sudden given their r/s at that time, I believe it is more of the director’s decision to create that intense impact and signify HS crossing over the line to pursue SA now. 

There were a thousand different ways to go by it without making him seem like some alpha male toxic RickRoll'D with zero sense of boundary and consent. And it did nothing for the ratings, it went down so no that cliffhanger wasn't their saving grace either. I just hope its the last they pull these crap into the script.

The plot reminds me of "Something in the Rain". Although that drama was sizzling with intense chemistry between Jung Hae In & Son Ye Jin. I am not feeling it for the otp in this drama however.. yet. 

He has shown interest in fl since the beginning. I like the fl's voice; very asmr eheheh. I don't think it was appropriate how he showed how bad her bf was. I mean I appreciate the effort but it crosses the line of invading her privacy? Then him swiping the lipstick off her lips WTH LoL. Other than that I'm glad he let her know his feelings. 

Long time no post on this forum. Honestly I have never seen a drama before these two main actors. I am interested in watching this drama because the title and poster of the drama looks romantic and sexy
At first I also felt a bit inappropriate with the lipstick wiping scene. But HS had keep his feelings  for the woman so long and often spent time together. He also kept a secret about the girl's boyfriend's scam for a month. He could not hold his anger anymore. So i ok with his attitude. Hehe

This was a much hyped drama and I finally binge watched the two episodes. TBH, it didn't live up to the hype.

1. The way they presented it, it seemed as if the age difference between the two leads was considerable. I do not understand the hullabaloo over a difference of one year. I mean something along the lines of, 'something in the Rain' would be more appropriate , if it was really an office romance between a senior and a young trainee. 

2. The love at first sight on part of the ML and his obsession with the FL. I just couldn't understand.A bit of more plausible background story would have helped the audience understand and even connect with the ML. At the moment , he comes across as an immature obsessed infatuated man who has nothing better to do (because he obviously comes from a very affluent family and has not much to worry about. Does he really need the job? It seemed like he followed her and joined the company in order to pursue his puppy love for the FL.)

3. As everyone has already pointed out, the way he dealt with the situation was totally uncalled for. He had no right to poke his nose in their business and definitely, not the way he did it.

4. The FL came across as too dumb to figure things out. I cannot fathom how she couldn't piece together the obvious clue and even when confronted with the truth, her outburst was difficult to relate to. How could one live in denial in spite of what you yourself have witnessed? 

5. Lastly, aren't you playing into the hands of the ML when you go to him and seek his suggestion and actually follow his suggestion of dating him in order to get back to your ex? Even though the ML meant well, he had no business poking his nose in their business, and that too getting involved the way he did. Had I been the FL, I would not have forgiven him. There are limits you don't cross. Eventually, she would have known as he was getting married in two months' time. Or he could have broken the news in a gentler manner. So, after the mess I cannot fathom how the two of them can fall in love. The two leads need to cover a lot of ground to be accepted as a couple genuinely in love.

I don't know why but these over-hyped dramas always disappoint me. I am going to watch the next few episodes to figure out if it is worth my time. But definitely not losing sleep over it, while waiting breathlessly for the next episode.

They need to give us a story, not just pretty faces. That's not enough to hold our interest. Nowadays, there are too many pretty faces in too many shows airing simultaneously. It all loses its charm and become the same. So many beautiful faces but as an audience, they cannot sustain my interest. It's like watching for the sake of watching because we have nothing better to watch. Not because we are genuinely involved in the story. (Mr. Queen takes the top spot it has everything going for it, the story, the cast, the balance of humour, palace politics etc)

I am not even sure why I am venting here but it opened up a can of dissatisfied worms.  What happened to unforgettable stories (rom-coms) like Fated to Love You? Because This is My First Life, just to name a few.

A very disappointed K-drama fan

5 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Eventually, she would have known as he was getting married in two months' time. Or he could have broken the news in a gentler manner.

I doubt she would have found out because it didn't look like the boyfriend was going to come clean. The male lead waited a month (probably thinking he would tell her the truth since the wedding was close) before exposing him which I guess is one of the ml redeeming quality. However i agree the male lead was too aggressive in the way he broke the news if anything he should be empathetic considering how much he claims to like her but he came off a bit condescending.

Hyunseung should've give Songah an option to whether or not she wants to see the truth.

I think a verbal confession would've been better. He could've casually pulled her aside for a private conversation, admit he's aware it's none of his business but because he cares; he saw the BM with a lady wedding dress shopping at his noona's boutique. I'm pretty sure FL would've gotten the hint.

But instead, he kinda just threw everything at her along with a confession so FL is definitely flabbergasted and defensive. And at that time, he sounded more like "i'm going to expose you two if you don't meet me at the crosswalk tonight".

I don't mind that it took 1 month to confess as long as he did it for her sake - a few days after he caught them at their meetup would've made more sense though. As FL now knows ML knows BM is her bf and it'd be easier to bring it up in their private conversation.

Can't wait to see what happen next.! 

I once watched his drama (extraordinary you) but fell asleep halfway (episode 1). It's a bit boring for me. Many of their (haru & dan oh) shipper disagreed with this new rowoon couple. 
But what is their right not to like it. Because the actors are just doing their job.

Not sure if i will watch this drama but I hope they don't go the lazy route of demonising the second female lead. From what I have read it looks like they already making her the bad guy by making it seem like the cheating boyfriend is only marrying her because he was ~forced~ by emotional blackmail:rolleyes:

Holly episode 3 is so good. we learn more about Hyun seung that explain more of his behavior and already character development for our two leads. :D Also wow Jae shin really do not see why she distanced herself from him thinking she is cheating on him with Hyun seung. I mean man can you not think that she figured out you gonna marry Hyo Joo. 

ohljRh0.png

Yah they disappointed me with those 'what ifs'. I knew it was going to be all a dream but I still wanted it to happen for once. Imagination numero 2 was my favourite: snidely tell the director and let hell go loose itself. 

Hyunseung needs to back off her tail and be patient with her. If he's been through this, I would've expected that he should know better. Different people have different times for healing. Even if he overcame it fast, I don't think Songah's had even a full week before hyunseung pestered "you gonna date me for revenge?" consistently behind her ears. The way he brought up her anniversary trip to their other coworker was a no-no. He's lucky that Songah overlooked it and is moving on now.

BM Lee is just nope. If he's having an affair then he should expect no lady would stay to be his third wheel. If Songah says it's over, he should've taken the hint and just move on with his marriage. How unclassy to grab a woman by the wrist to prevent her from leaving after she said no. Funny how he was acting all betrayed just because she was with hyunseung when he's hiding his marriage that's not even a month away.

Haha smart niece. Too bad she ruined her aunt's chances for a bf. 

Looking forward to tomorrow when it'll be more fluff and chill.

Songah's tiny fingers slipping into hyunseung's hand... heh cute.

:rainbow:

Watched up to Episode 3 and at this point I am fully on Song-Ah's side.

I feel for her. She has been betrayed, the lie exposed by her junior and also the other guy who likes her.

She must have felt her pride and dignity injured and her self-worth has plummeted especially after Jae Shin still has not told her the truth.

It was painful to watch how she had those scenarios (at the office) about exposing their relationship but in the end she didn't do anything. That's so realistic. There's so much to consider, not forgetting her career and the impact. It was true when one colleague said the impact of a workplace romance reflects more badly on the woman than the man.

I like the dialogues, mainly by Song-Ah.

PS. I do hope Hyun Seung would back off a bit but I suppose he is feeling the need to push and show that he is a viable romantic partner and not a hoobae. It was obvious in Ep 1 and 2 that Song-Ah saw him as just her hoobae.

spacer.png

I have read a few comments about this. My own two cents is that I agree with what Song Ah had to do at that time. Jae Shin was in really threatening mode and you would instinctively look for someone who can protect you. As tada! Hyun Seung is one protective guy.

I am done until EP 4 and I guess I will be staying. Premiere week didn't impress me much because the tone feel too heavy and I feel like it was already at the midpoint of the story. Plus Hyun Seung being too pushy at times just threw me off. While he did gave a month to see changes, I feel like he is also getting desperate to reveal everything and that was why he sort off bulldozed everything in the end. I absolutely understand Song Ah being confused and try to push him away because that reveal is just too much for her to handle plus Hyun Seung being such a busybody doesn't help. He was invading her personal space far too much. 

I am glad that I took the courage to watch EP 3 where Hyun Seung back off a little and that confrontation between Song Ah and Hyun Seung clear a little bit things up. He was severely emotional initially not just because he is being over protective, but also he got his own trauma haunting him. By the end of EP 3 where Song Ah reached out her hand towards his, I know that I can be a little bit comfortable watching them because as of now, they have mutual understanding and not just Hyun Seung keeps invading her personal space when she clearly did draw the line. 

I can't believe that I laugh a bit too much during their after work dinner. I keep rewinding the part where Hyun Seung gave a little smirk and how they try their best not to raise any suspicions in front of all their co-workers. That little deflect to Manager Lee is just too funny and somehow I predicted it right. :Megalol:

Jae Shin definitely has complex backstory and I wonder how his character will develop from here. Being in a relationship with Song Ah was a normalcy he enjoyed and the only thing he can be in total control but now that the relationship is broken, I wonder what he will do because it is clear that he grown up trying to find his place, gaining acknowledgment and making sure he is not dispensable. I just hope rather than he focusing on why Song Ah choose Hyun Seung, he should focus more on what he did that made Song Ah turned away. He needs  to realize that he is the reason why and move on. 

Jae Shin's turning into a pathetic loser. His desperation to holding on to Song Ah is interfering with his work. He's being petty by taking it out on Hyun Seung. 

And that's not how it works Jae Shin. Just because there's a rival, now you pop the question LoL. The way he keep holding Song Ah from leaving - not cool. 

Hyun Seung's niece is savage ha-ha. Korean dramas are always trying to make the viewer pity the male antagonist. They show how rough a childhood Jae Shin had and Jae Woon was his lifeline. 

I liked ep 3 and 4 and I REALLY LIKED HS's affection for SA! He was protective and manly at the same time! He showed more maturity than JS and SA was finally aware about HS intentions.

I can't wait to see them as a official couple in the office.:rickroll: Their manager know about it but she doesn't know about the fake dating. But her behavior during dinner time was hilarious!:piggydance:

Archived