Jump to content

[Drama 2021] She Would Never Know, 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마


0ly40
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Senior, Don't Put on That Lipstick/She Would Never Know, 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Ro Woon & Won Jin A - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Senior, Don't Put on That Lipstick/She Would Never Know, 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST

Thanks @Jillia Love the looks on both the women at the press conference.

 

  

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

Won Jin Ah then let viewers know what to look out for in the drama. “Since it’s a story about an older woman and a younger man,

Does anyone know what the age gap is between the characters in the drama?  I read in the actual webtoon it is only one year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yes, in the drama it's also a 1 year age gap. :D

Thanks for replying.  I know seniority and age is important in Korea but one year isn't that big of a difference.  The way they are talking about it I thought it was a bigger age gap in the drama like he was 7 years younger or something.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ML Hyunseung seems like a decent puppy love dude for now minus the gimmicks after finding out about the Boss' fiancé. (crosses fingers he doesn't change too much). Songah seems the the type that doesn't want anyone to interfere with her personal business for now, and they've got a regular sunbae-hoobae coworker relationship> friendship, so I understand why Hyunseung didn't straight up tell her yet. If you add factors that they've been dating for 2 years, it's a serious relationship at this point (plus, Songah probs wants to marry eventually) so I'd want to know asap and wouldn't want to waste my time on someone who's not willing to commit/ someone who wants me to be their side-chick. I do hope the secret's not hidden too long in kdrama time.

 

I know Hyunseung's having some hard time keeping it to himself but I'd like if he wasn't so coy about knowing it and leaving sharp hints in his speech (like just say it or don't start the beef). In the last scene it rubbed me in the wrong way where his tone sounds kinda cocky over that fact he knows that he holds minor power over songah just because he knows her little secret. (ex: "this is nothing compared to what you'll face in the future") It could be just me overreading it though.

 

Idk what exact motive he's trying to get at for asking her out at the end but it better be good. If he's doing it under the pretence of a relationship then :( . It would be deceptive knowing your partner knew about the cheating before you did, didn't tell you and used you when you were at a vulnerable time to develop a romance. If he's doing it as a person wanting to help a friend ease some pain, that sounds better? I'll keep rooting him on if he doesn't become snakey.

 

Their boss is the true butthole in all this. My drama forecast predicts a continuous round of misunderstandings and him being indecisive about his choice of woman. He's going to rope songah's emotions for the next 15 episodes until she chooses to leave him for good and at the same time he'll probably want to keep that nice looking status that his current fiancé gives him.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, Jillia said:

Apparently the drama will also be available on iQIYI. First episode is already available with English subtitles. :D

https://www.iq.com/play/1udb7v50bt5?frmrp=home&frmb=focus_banner_1&frmrs=click

How many countries can use iQIYI ? I thought JTBC might sell this drama Netflix so it can be more popular but I am suprised and I read Jun Ji Hyun's new drama also sold iQIYI so I wonder it, I searched but I can't find it , a article says it has 100M subscribers but it is just for China or Worldwide? It isn't known so much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@leeminhosny I have no idea how many countries but iQIYI is available in Malaysia and I can stream the episodes (as of now) free of charge without any subscription/account. However there are times when it lock last few episodes (18 Again) only for VIP which I am not subscribed to.  From what I saw with dramas exclusively on iQIYI that I watched (More Than Friends,18 Again, Live On), it will eventually be uploaded on other legal streaming services such as VIKI but only after it finished airing or during 2-3 few weeks before the final episode resulting to delays. 18 Again was aired starting late September but the other streaming service starts uploading late October/January depending on the sites. Unlike Netflix exclusive drama, it will only be accessible through Netflix even after finished airing (that I noticed). 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m enjoying this ! :) 

 

I do think Hyun Seung was a bit too pushy , he should have been more gentle and careful with his words, I don’t blame Song Ah for getting angry at him. While I do not love this drama yet I think by next ep I will... after watching the teaser !! 

Edited by Vera Vainio
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vera Vainio said:

 

 

I do think Hyun Seung was a bit too pushy , he should have been more gentle and careful with his words, I don’t blame Song Ah for getting angry at him. While I do not love this drama yet I think by next ep I will... after watching the teaser !! 

Hyung Seung needs a lesson of etiquette and office ethics and personal boundaries and unwanted touching....He was massively out of line....I may drop this if they keep it up.

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeer... that lipstick scene wasn't good as some people said. The director might've said "now that's a cliffhanger!" though the audience would say otherwise.

I'm glad hyunseung told her the truth fast but he had a rough way of saying things on the way to the bridal fitting (could be the subs fault) + he shouldn't have skirted around the topic. I think his words is to blame for what pissed her even more/ ignited her anger. I also thought it would've been better if he stayed quiet as her head's already blowing up from all this. Let her have some time to recollect her thoughts. Sometimes the silence is more comforting than words. It was also weird how much he dug up on the couple and he spilled it all out to songah. He should've said the basics, showed her and left it as is. At least he backed off after that day and gave her some space.

 

The photographer hyojoo... she seemed like an ordinary, strong-minded, what everyone aspires to be - career woman. Who knew she attempted suicide to compulse a guy into dating her? She needs help not a lover. Imagine what goes on after she finds out her fiancé never loved her and has a side woman. Cheating isn't right and threatening your life to get someone to be with you isn't right either.
If the BM cared, he would convince her to get help and not follow her plans. I understand what compelled him to cheat and it's pitiful his life went that way but he had other options than this. It's so unhealthy for both parties.

 

I get why songah's avoiding her mom - I'd do that too. That mother is wack for enforcing her ideals on others. She's also somewhat controlling about her daughter's life if you think about all those phone calls to check up on her in a weird way. It's not a normal 'hey what's up' but a 'where are you, what're you doing, are you with a man' phone call. It's weird seeing a mother want their child to be mottae solo. 

 

Looking forward to hyunseung's noona and the chairman's? son.

And hoping that next episode isn't a dream. It's too early to execute the BM guy from his job position for his scandalous life in addition to his role as a main lead.

Edited by tofumochu
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

 

  •  I’m enjoying this ! :) 
     

 

But I agree Hyun Seung was a bit too pushy , he should have been more gentle and careful with his words.

 

Yes agree, But I have to admire that he is sure about his feelings and very straightforward type (Because I myself is very careful about what I do or say so would love to be more straightforward). I think his flaws is that he seem to be impulsive type that lend him in hot water. I think writer are playing around this being his flaws. Another character strait is that he do seems to think after what he did or said and step back to reflect. Gonna be interesting seeing his character arch and growth. To me I like characters that are not perfect and sees them grow into better version of themself. At least he do not means harm, but want to protect his Sunbae. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As many have pointed out already, Hyun Seung was almost domineering in his approach, when he should've been alot more empathetic.

 

While I'm enjoying the drama thus far, I'm not keen on the idea of them essentially being thrown together in the second episode - While he needs to learn the value of the right words at the right time, his initial confession was obviously genuine, I find it hard to believe that with his feelings for Song Ah being what they are, that he would suggest they date as a course of action. He may be falling for her hard, but she's clearly out for revenge at this point. Not a good foundation -AT ALL - for something lasting

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Hyung Seung needs a lesson of etiquette and office ethics and personal boundaries and unwanted touching....He was massively out of line....I may drop this if they keep it up.

I fully agree! He came across as a bit scary/creepy tbh, if someone acted like that to me I would feel uncomfortable. 

Edited by Vera Vainio
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tofumochu said:

Yeer... that lipstick scene wasn't good as some people said. The director might've said "now that's a cliffhanger!" though the audience would say otherwise.

I'm glad hyunseung told her the truth fast but he had a rough way of saying things on the way to the bridal fitting (could be the subs fault) + he shouldn't have skirted around the topic. I think his words is to blame for what pissed her even more/ ignited her anger. I also thought it would've been better if he stayed quiet as her head's already blowing up from all this. Let her have some time to recollect her thoughts. Sometimes the silence is more comforting than words. It was also weird how much he dug up on the couple and he spilled it all out to songah. He should've said the basics, showed her and left it as is. At least he backed off after that day and gave her some space.

 

The photographer hyojoo... she seemed like an ordinary, strong-minded, what everyone aspires to be - career woman. Who knew she attempted suicide to compulse a guy into dating her? She needs help not a lover. Imagine what goes on after she finds out her fiancé never loved her and has a side woman. Cheating isn't right and threatening your life to get someone to be with you isn't right either.
If the BM cared, he would convince her to get help and not follow her plans. I understand what compelled him to cheat and it's pitiful his life went that way but he had other options than this. It's so unhealthy for both parties.

 

I get why songah's avoiding her mom - I'd do that too. That mother is wack for enforcing her ideals on others. She's also somewhat controlling about her daughter's life if you think about all those phone calls to check up on her in a weird way. It's not a normal 'hey what's up' but a 'where are you, what're you doing, are you with a man' phone call. It's weird seeing a mother want their child to be mottae solo. 

 

Looking forward to hyunseung's noona and the chairman's? son.

And hoping that next episode isn't a dream. It's too early to execute the BM guy from his job position for his scandalous life in addition to his role as a main lead.

The lipstick scene was way out of line, its nothing that should have Been seen as acceptable. And wow what a cliffhanger *sarcasm* =_= ... we all know they wont kiss or say/ do romantic heartfluttering things to each other, so there is nothing exciting about that ”cliffhanger”... but while that scene was not ok I get why they included it, since the drama’s other name is ”senior don’t put on that lipstick” , they wanted to add that scene because it has a connection to the drama’s name. But now I hope Hyun Seung will be calmer/ less domineering in the last 14 episodes , please!! Or otherwise I maybe can’t ship this OTP... 

Edited by Vera Vainio
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I too think the wiping lipstick off scene was a bit too much and sudden given their r/s at that time, I believe it is more of the director’s decision to create that intense impact and signify HS crossing over the line to pursue SA now. 
 

But looking back, SH did give 1 mth before he took action, he may be assertive but he does not do without thinking. 
 

RW has grown so much in his acting skills since Extraordinary You. This is my current watchlist...just wish there are more who like this drama too and more discussions here to make it lively

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sal2 said:

 

Yes agree, But I have to admire that he is sure about his feelings and very straightforward type (Because I myself is very careful about what I do or say so would love to be more straightforward). I think his flaws is that he seem to be impulsive type that lend him in hot water. I think writer are playing around this being his flaws. Another character strait is that he do seems to think after what he did or said and step back to reflect. Gonna be interesting seeing his character arch and growth. To me I like characters that are not perfect and sees them grow into better version of themself. At leatst he do not means harm, but want to protect his Sunbae. 

I can't wait to see how he grows as the drama goes on as week. I do like how he wants to protect her also.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2021] She Would Never Know, 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..