larus

I liked the first episode. I was curious and I am still curious how they can comunicate in different time line but whatever. I hope they both saved the loved ones. The receptor is Ae Ri`s phone who lost in the past and is

Kim Seo Jin loves his family but he is obsessed with work. It would have been interesting to see how his marriage struggles post tragedy but the wife killed herself. I hoped the wife had a bigger role. Perhaps we`ll see her somehow involved in the story. It is terrible what happened to their family. What kind of monster was the man who killed a little girl? Or she is not dead?

I wonder why Ae Ri is arrested/ goes to jail in the present. Is the kidapper/ killer someone close to Kim Seo jin?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am confused about something . Why the police said that Da Bin is dead? What evidence they had to be so sure? The whole kidnapping case is very strange. How the kidnapper knew that Da Bin will go to the bathroom alone? It was something planed because no evidence was found anywhere.

I like that we saw a scene where Hyun Chae played viollin.

A cute scene

adcDJX.gif

Kairos means, Nam Gyu-ri, "The first mother role, although I have never had a child"

20201026222605_1530155_1192_679.jpg

The meaning of Kairos became a hot topic when the MBC drama “Kairos” first aired on the 26th. Kairos means a Greek word for opportunity or special time. It also means the god of opportunity.

Nam Gyu-ri, who played the role of Kim Hyeon-chae in Kairos, spoke at the production presentation held on the 26th, saying, "Unlike the previous role, I took on the role of a mother for the first time."

Gyu-ri Nam said, “Because I was in the role of a mother who lost a child, there was a lot of pressure to show the sad maternal love that I lost. I haven't had a child yet, I thought about it and worked on acting.”

Nam Gyu-ri is a married couple with Shin Seong-rok. Shin Seong-rok played the role of the father of a child who lost a child. He said, "Unexpectedly, I also have a daughter, so I didn't feel much trouble because there were a lot of parts that touched me greatly while acting."

https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/1954986

8 hours ago, larus said:

I liked the first episode. I was curious and I am still curious how they can comunicate in different time line but whatever. I hope they both saved the loved ones. The receptor is Ae Ri`s phone who lost in the past and is

Kim Seo Jin loves his family but he is obsessed with work. It would have been interesting to see how his marriage struggles post tragedy but the wife killed herself. I hoped the wife had a bigger role. Perhaps we`ll see her somehow involved in the story. It is terrible what happened to their family. What kind of monster was the man who killed a little girl? Or she is not dead?

I wonder why Ae Ri is arrested/ goes to jail in the present. Is the kidapper/ killer someone close to Kim Seo jin?

I think we'll see the wife in Ae Ri's timeline (so one month before the kidnapping). Perhaps Ae Ri gets framed or is a suspect because she will know information from Seo Jin that hasn't happened yet.  All guesses at this point though. 

6 hours ago, larus said:

I am confused about something . Why the police said that Da Bin is dead? What evidence they had to be so sure? The whole kidnapping case is very strange. How the kidnapper knew that Da Bin will go to the bathroom alone? It was something planed because no evidence was found anywhere.

The police thinks Da Bin is dead because they ran a test on the finger. I guess tissue reacts differently to being cut depending on whether the person is alive or not. In this case, they looked at the tissue on the finger and it revealed that Da Bin was already dead when the finger was cut.  

And based on all the weird glances by the supporting characters (like Seo Jin's driver and the nanny) and how there was no ransom demanded, the drama is suggesting the kidnapping was an inside job, likely done by or connected to someone the family knows.

1 hour ago, slpamngtrs said:

The police thinks Da Bin is dead because they ran a test on the finger. I guess tissue reacts differently to being cut depending on whether the person is alive or not. In this case, they looked at the tissue on the finger and it revealed that Da Bin was already dead when the finger was cut. 

Thanks. Yes, I remember the explanation now.

I don`t understand why  Da Bin was kidnapped and then murder. There was not a ransom, a demand, nothing. I can`t guess why they did it. I know it is link with Seo Jin but I don`t know the reason behind the act.

We`ll find out.

I haven't watch fully the 2 episodes, only some scenes/glimpses but ever since I saw Seo DoGyun, I couldn't help being suspicious of him. 

He might be the mastermind of it all. His possible intention is to ruin Kim SeoJin's life.

Reasons:

1) It could be revenge - something happened in the past that made DoGyun blamed SeoJin for it.

2) It could be envy - he wants to have SeoJin's life, his position/power, wealth and happy married life.

3) It could be also for love - he's in love with SeoJin's wife HyunChae and he wants her for himself. There's also possibility that DoGyun and HyunChae had a past relationship.

P.S. There's a big possibility that both wife and daughter of SeoJin are still alive.

This is what I think for now. I could be very wrong about this. 

So at first I'm assuming we have timeline A in September then timeline B in August and these two are running parallel in two separate dimensions or branch out in different dimensions when different decisions are made at certain point.  At least that's how I like to understand time traveling stuff.  What we have here is one single timeline in one dimension and changing the past simultaneously change the future on the same timeline like magic.  I guess I can dig that too.  At this point, the possible culprits are his two assistants and I for the life of me can't figure out which one is which.  They kind of resemble somewhat or maybe one guy has a wider face than the other.  Both insinuate suspicion.

And while I can continue to roll with this, I'm also in the sailing business so it's most important to identify a ship.  I do need my ship.

Is it possible that the kidnapper had cut a larger portion of the finger -- and then-- from that larger part made the cut that he/they sent to the parents? if the finger was cut, that could mean that the finger tissue was dead, but not the little girl... idk if that's scientifically possible or not.

I'm surprised not many people are watching or even on this forum for this show! I really liked the first two episodes. I honestly do feel like the guy with the glasses has something to with it and the personal assistant does know something. I like the theories of something to do with the wife but I also think she wanted to leave Kim Seo Jin because of him kind of controlling her just for his success. Kim Seo Jin is nice but has his own ways of manipulation (for his wife and kid). I also have a hunch that maybe Kim Seo Jin's condition is making him dream bizarre things? LOL who knows:lol: 

I also think the future Han Ae Ri has something to do with Da Bin's kidnapping (maybe to save her mom) or something? Who knows... 

I liked the first episode but I am totally hooked after the second. I really hope the show will be consistent and the writer knows how to follow the story till the end. I like when the writers have a clear story in mind and they know how to get to the resolution. I hope it is the same here.  Fingers crossed.

I also realised that they communicate only one minute from 10:33 to 10:34 and now they know too. Kim Seo Jin figured out himself. t must be an important time for both of them. Something connected them at hat time before but they don`t know yet. 

Who is the misterious man who visited Ae ri`s mom in the hospital? After that she left the hospital and she is nowhere to be found. Both Ae ri and Seo Jin are desperate and want to change life events in their life.

The nany seemed suspisious from the start. When she appeared in the scene, we saw how happy Da Bin was to see her and I assumed she took a good care for her but her actions did not reflect that. She neglacted Da Bin when she did not realised that she was missing at the recital, she had a mood for comedy when she knew what happended with her. We found out that she was a thief. Perhaps she really had nothing to do with her disapperence and she was just a coincidence that she did not see her living the table.

About Seo Jin`s dream. He had the second time the same nightmare. I thought it is just a dream because his life is colapsing but I wonder if it is not the case. He mentioned that 19 years ago he survived a terrible event/ accident. I wonder if the building collapsing is important to the story.

We saw in episode 1 that he was upset about the construction. I hope they won`t use cheap materials or rush to finish and do something about the quality of the building . I still thinking if we`ll see more about the business and if it is connected with the sotry. There are a lot of other characters working at that company.

Geon Wook was desperate but he did something terrible to Ae Ri. he knew exactly how hard she work for those money and that she needs them to save her mother.

I am glad that Seo Jin could chanced Ae Ri`s life. And he gave her the money back.

Now it is her turn to save Da Bin and Hyun-Chae. It won`t be easy to convince Seo Jin from the past to colaborate but let`s see.

The man limping is a strong suspect. I don`t know if he is the real culprit but he has a strong motive. Let see how he will connect with the story.

I am looking forward to the next episodes.

5 hours ago, Shinobu said:

So at first I'm assuming we have timeline A in September then timeline B in August and these two are running parallel in two separate dimensions or branch out in different dimensions when different decisions are made at certain point.  At least that's how I like to understand time traveling stuff.  What we have here is one single timeline in one dimension and changing the past simultaneously change the future on the same timeline like magic.  I guess I can dig that too. 

Enough of different dimensions. I had enough of them in other drama that ended recently. I hope this time we have a linear timelines. The cross-time phone frequency  which allows the two to speak to each other across time reminds me of movie Frequency and kdrama Signal. And I want to see how a different action in the past will chance the future sometimes. That`s how they will resolve the mystery. And I hope both of them could chance their future. 

WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon Avoids Eye Contact With Lee Se Young In “Kairos”

e0078a84dbe448b8abed6e02260424d3.jpeg?s=

Oct 27, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC has shared a new look at Lee Se Young and WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon in new drama “Kairos.”

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (played by Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past -but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

In the drama, Kang Seung Yoon plays Im Geon Wook, Han Ae Ri’s longtime best friend, who is always ready to rush to her aid. Despite their constant bickering, the loyal Im Geon Wook worries more about Han Ae Ri than anyone in her life and consistently takes good care of her.

Spoilers

The first episode showed a glimpse of Han Ae Ri working hard at a convenience store to pay for her mother’s heart transplant surgery. However, her mother’s health suddenly deteriorated, and Han Ae Ri became helplessly driven into a corner. Im Geon Wook proved he was her close friend by staying with her through thick and thin.

However, in the upcoming episode, it seems like Im Geon Wook isn’t always going to do everything for her. In the new stills, the two friends meet in a dark alley. Han Ae Ri gazes at him with a mournful look, but Im Geon Wook refuses to look at her. On top of that, his face is covered with bruises, making viewers curious about what happened to him.

Han Ae Ri hands mysterious documents to Im Geon Wook and asks him to do something for her. However, he avoids her eyes and presses his lips together in silence. In the next episode, the plot will take several unexpected twists with the disappearance of her mother and the betrayal of a trusted character.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1434168wpp/winners-kang-seung-yoon-avoids-eye-contact-with-lee-se-young-in-kairos

Just watched the first two eps without high expectation but it turned out be be good! Promosing drama with a fast progress so far. It was only 2 eps but they have found out how cross-time works between them. It was pretty fast. So they can really change things. And yes this reminds me of signal.

We don't know about mysterious man, that two coworkers, the kidnapper, Ae Ri's mom disappearance, and that phone number super is odd! Since they can realy change things, in the new timeline, Ae Ri will meet Seojin since August. Let's see what will change on the next eps.

So main guy is still living with past trauma.  He needs pills to sleep.  His marriage is kind of not in sizzling mode.  There are fundamental issues to be resolved.  The kidnap might as well be the wake up call.  Now that main gal comes look for him in August time and tells the receptionist or him that his daughter will be kidnapped in a month, I'm thinking the kidnap may happen earlier and she'll end up in prison for kidnapping instead of murder.  It's side effects of changing history.  That's my conspiracy theory anyways.

17 hours ago, larus said:

Enough of different dimensions. I had enough of them in other drama that ended recently. I hope this time we have a linear timelines. The cross-time phone frequency  which allows the two to speak to each other across time reminds me of movie Frequency and kdrama Signal. And I want to see how a different action in the past will chance the future sometimes. That`s how they will resolve the mystery. And I hope both of them could chance their future. 

Let me concoct some theory.  The story may not be about main guy trying to just save his wife and kid but rather a journey to find his one true love back in August while saving his wife and kid.  And his August one true love had a connection with his trauma therefore the red thread of fate connect the airwaves through their smart phones.  So at the end, he would be able to save his wife and kid with her help.  All is well in the world again and as they're about to waltz toward the sunset, main guy comes to the realization that his heart is aching for the August main gal.  (Insert scandalous music theme:  If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?) *cough*  I'm prepping materials for my ship as you can see.

This drama had me intrest and watch ep 1 - 2 

1. i like how the cinographic or picture of the drama - witj different tones two show differently months 

2. i love how the muaic tension the build up 

i cant wait to see next episode..as i can see this drama can go more i wish for its success 

i wonder how will the character of wife, pa will develop..maybe they had connection but i still hope no sudenly change hero will love the heroin by having open ending or resert things which always happen on time travel drama...and i think the dreams seo jin had had something’s to do with aeri maybe that whats connect them..as there part she calling her father with that number mention he doesn’t to get married and after that tej connection happen

Kairos: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread

by Laica

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Kairos1-2-00039.jpg

I wasn’t sure what to make of this show’s promotional materials, but just two episodes in, I’m completely sold. In its first week, Kairos has neatly set up an intriguing and suspenseful premise, all its important characters and relationships, a dark and thrilling tone—and most importantly, it had me deeply invested in the lives of its protagonists from Episode 1. Bring on the mystery, the tears, and the suspense!

EPISODES 1-2 WEECAP

We meet our leads as they go about their daily lives. KIM SEO-JIN (Shin Sung-rok) is a high-powered construction company executive, capable to a degree that provokes envy, despite the trauma of a past building collapse that still gives him nightmares.

His ambition drives him to push his violinist wife KANG HYUN-CHAE (Nam Gyuri) to continue a career she’s starting to lose confidence in, and treat both her and their daughter DA-BIN (Shim Hye-yeon) with an irritable, peremptory affection.

Little Da-bin disappears one night, and after a couple of frantic, hellish days her parents receive her finger in a box. Oh God, I did not sign up for this.

When the police tell them the finger indicates that Da-bin is already dead, Hyun-chae lashes out at Seo-jin for always putting his career first, and later jumps into the Han River in despair.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/kairos-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

Yeah, this is kind of like "Signal" crossed with a 2013 drama titled: "Scandal: A Very Astounding and Immoral Incident." (haha, that title)

Spoiler

Basically, some guy built a building with shoddy construction which crushed and killed a young boy (among others), so the boy's father kidnaps the guy's son and raises him as his own as revenge.

I'm intrigued. I want to see what happens next.

6 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Yeah, this is kind of like "Signal" crossed with a 2013 drama titled: "Scandal: A Very Astounding and Immoral Incident." (haha, that title)

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, some guy built a building with shoddy construction which crushed and killed a young boy (among others), so the boy's father kidnaps the guy's son and raises him as his own as revenge.

I'm intrigued. I want to see what happens next.

Ah ah.  That's how the plot thickens.  Let me go back to the drawing boards to cook up a revised version of my romance plot again.  :D

Archived