larus

Wild theory time! Ahaha :2540_meh:

I think Hyunchae purposely approached Seojin, married him, laid out her cobweb and waited for the right time....I think the main target is the chairman and the company. But before reaching the highest level, they eliminate his most trustworthy person. Thinking about it...she could go off the radar without faking her death, she could ask for a divorce....but she can't have Dabin to herself. Seojin will surely fight for custody or at least visiting rights. If she ran away with Dabin...surely Seojin will work hard to find them like what he is trying to do now.

And....I think they (mostly Hyunchae) enjoys this psycho game. Dogyun is just her pawn...poor guy...she probably planted him in the company too :sweatingbullets:. Now I get what Namgyuri meant during the twitter blueroom...but the others said that's a spoiler hahahaha

Anyways....I agree that this would be a good drama to bingewatch...the wait is making me anxious :cries3:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love there are more people. Thanks friends for your posts/comments/theories.

Great seeing @Sleepy Owl here good post as always.

@tofumochu I think I agree I did not realize the wife would go that far to escape/leave the hubby. I knew there was something suspicious but not that far. Interesting with the back story of the Secretary and wife being together having a history. Hmm.

The connection of Ae Ri dad and Seojin at the construction site. 

I figured Ae Ri's mom passes away but NOT that way. i hope Seojin can change it for her?

Seojin realizing those around him are lying and him thinking he can get his happy family back (it had cracks already) is not going to happen. Feel bad for him. 

Such a packed ep 5 and so much reveals. Wow love this drama and how the layers are unraveled to us the viewer. Def good drama balancing my M-T programming schedule.

So its Kim Seo Jin against a gang of vicious people hell bent on destroying him. His wife is smth else.. I cannot believe she played with her daughter's life even if the kidnapping was a scam. I wonder what's her agenda as she mentions she wants to leave the country. If she loved the specs guy for so long why did she marry seo jin? The betrayal and trust she broke..Their marriage wasn't even real. What a mess!!

I kinda noticed a flaw.. not sure..but why wasn't the driver guy not captured in cctv at the hospital? He was shown talking to Aeri's mom.Aeri had earlier checked the cctv logs.. so why didn't it come up? 

I love how this drama keeps us guessing. Btw cool theories frnds <3 

@Nodame It's always great to see your posts here too. 

Although I do agree that wife went to the extreme extent to get away from Seo Jin, I don't think that she knew about the kidnapping part. How she reacted was so natural and as I said, I think Do Kyun told her about it either in the hospital or when she was about to jump from bridge. But if she did plan it all with him from start, she sure is one of a kind. But I am sure about one thing, and that is that there is more to it than we can see right now. Doing it all just to run away from him is a bit foolish, as someone pointed out, they could very well get rid of Seo Jin. Still, I think they have a bigger plan here. 

@Ashbelle as she claimed in the start too, she could be from a rich family here, and they could have arranged the marriage with Seo Jin here. Another scenario is also there, but it is kind of less likely, at least for me and it is that she married Seo Jin out of love, and then Do Kyun re-appeared as his secretary, and the affair started. But I think her marriage was arranged with Seo Jin and she was with Do Kyun from the start. 

The thing that is interesting here is that by the looks of preview Seo Jin will not tell Ae Ri about her mom's death, at least not for the time being. And it is quite similar to Ae Ri not telling him about his wife's affair with Do Kyun. Both know that they will be hurt by it, and I think Seo Jin here wants to investigate more about it before telling the devastating news to Ae Ri. He needs to finds things out about it to prevent it. 

So far it seems like Do Kyun is behind it all, but as @katakwasabi said, the main brain behind him could be Hyun Chae here. Let us see how much more involved she will be in the story. Also let us see what their actual motive is. They killed Ae Ri's mom, who sort of looked to be investigating the Yujung Construction case, or must have looked into it, since her husband had died in it. They used Kim Jin Ho to take revenge for his dead daughter, but he didn't do it. Also seems like he does know something, and well as we saw he was approached by the driver about 1 month ago here.

I don't know why, but I see a major death flag here over Gun Wook (Ae Ri's friend who scammed her). HE is getting involved in this, and was taking the photos of Seo Jin's driver, which already was a dangerous task. But we'll have to see how much more he will get involved in this mess. 

So far we've got a group who was responsible for the disaster by Yujung Construction in multiple occasions. We know about two. The first in which Ae Ri's dad and Seo Jin were under debris (about which Seo Jin still has got PTSD), and the second one involving Jin Ho's dad. The old Chairman dude could be directly involved in it here.

We've got the second group in Do Kyun, Hyun Chae and the driver dude, and I am yet to know what they are upto. Do they want revenge from Yujung Construction? I think not, since it seems like Do Kyun knew about the bad material being used and the driver dude killed Ae Ri's mom. He also went after Ae Ri as soon as she tried meeting Jin Ho. So I don't think they have something against Yujung Construction here, this group has got its own agenda. 

And finally we have Seo Jin and Ae Ri. Didn't meet yet, but they've got a lot trust in each other, and well, I'd say Ae Ri is the only one on Seo Jin's side right now. 

It will also be interesting if the first two groups are in it together. The Hyun Chae left without any money, and Do Kyun is a mere secretary here. But seeing her live a luxurious life and he supporting her, means they've got a solid financial support from somewhere. And who here is better than old chairman here. Let's see how this three groups will connect, especially the first 2. 

@Jillia I think the change in past is clearly working the same way it did in Signal. And even in that one the ML who was directly involved with the dude in past would remember things. Even those things which get changed, this is exactly whats happening here too. In Signal which I watched long ago, but I remember how FL gets killed in present, and ML in present contacts the detective in past to catch the culprit in his timeline, which changes everything and we see ML knowing what had happened and FL alive. 

In fact I found it really good in this one. The sudden surge of memories coming to him and how suddenly some papers got added in the evidence basket was perfect in the last episode. Some events didn't happen, but it is him who was directly involved in their prevention, so he remembers stuff.

Also seeing the pace of this drama, I am sure we'll be getting at least a couple of slow episodes, but let's see how the story will continue.

I agree with you that Hyun Chae does know how to emotionally manipulate others. She sure is a sly one here. And as you said, it really is sad to see no one in present timeline on Seo Jin's side. But I think we'll see an ally appearing in front of him. Let's see how things will unfold.

5 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Is it me or can we now stop pretending that Dabin has been kidnapped? She was clearly with her mother post-mortem. His wife is a 9-tailed fox and his driver is a demon from hell.

Yes...Dabin was never kidnapped. Hyunchae never jumped. My early theory was HC was at the bridge with DG (DG was the last one in her hospital room), acted like she lost everything...turns off her phone, pretends to jump....if this is what happened...Hyunchae is a very good actress. During Dabin's finger scene, when Seojin hugged her, she pushed him away. I thought it was weird but brushed it off. Now with more being revealed...I do think HC is a monstrous snake, maybe even more dangerous than imoogi from Tale of 9 Tailed. Hahaha. I don't understand DG though...is he jealous because HC married Seojin or is this all part of a bigger plan? If it's only jealousy on his part....he's a very shallow character hehe.

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

I got more issues with the timetravel plot or at least the idea of changing the past. It rarely works out that way without causing other conflicts and problems. For example when Seo Jin visited imprisoned Ae Ri, only just then he actually found out when Ae Ri murdered Geon Wook and was able to tell past Ae Ri about it. BUT if it never happens then how can he still retain this information? Same goes for the first time Ae Ri gets murdered. Without it happening, Seo Jin has no way of knowing it happened to warn Ae Ri. The drama "Signal" made it pretty clear things can't be changed or the outcome is the same. And even the drama "Life on Mars" was coming to that conclusion in a way.

MBC explained this via a Q&A post on SNS and I do think the drama made it clear that only Seojin realizes all the changes happening in the future as the past changes.

Before his phonecalls with Aeri...she never existed to him but as she meets him in August...he gets new memories. With each change or alteration to his past, he gets new memories in realtime. Aeri8 meeting him and spouting nonsense about a future kidnapping was enough to plant a seed of doubt in Seojin8 to relook the results and do more tests asap. In the original past he never stayed late at work for the test, because he never did the test, the phone call with Hyunchae and Dogyun never happened because he was originally not in the office and didn't require a new set of clothes. In the original past, his driver never had the face wound...because Aeri8 was in jail, so no chasing scene happened.

For the other characters....the present is always the present. It's not a new present like what Seojin is experiencing. The other characters change accordingly with each change of the past, they have memories but they are not aware of the changes.

In Life on Mars...the past present thing was not an issue, because the main character was just thrown in 1988. And he worked there as if he made a new alternate reality for himself. There was no time travelling or time crossing happening while he was working in 1988. 

So far the past and present in Kairos hasn't really confused me yet, the colours are different, the camera effect is different for new memories etc...so I can still follow the timelines and I did like the scene where they showed the date reflection in August and then transitions to the clock in September. I will trust the rookie writer and also rookie PD to wrap the drama nicely. Last I read they are filming ep13-14. Also SSR has a musical coming up on 21st Nov...I think they'll wrap up filming soon.

Watch: Lee Se Young, WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon, And Lee Joo Myung Get Distracted By Chicken While Filming “Kairos”

6244f8a995504fbd9df807ae639cd060.jpeg?s=

Nov 12, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC’s “Kairos” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

The clip starts off with Lee Jung Joon filming as the younger version of Shin Sung Rok’s character Kim Seo Jin. He is serious during filming, but once the cameras are off, he charms the staff with his childlike smile. One staff member asks if he got hurt while shooting, and he happily comments, “Fortunately, I didn’t get hurt. I was really flustered when dust and rocks started to fall down on me though.”

Then Ahn Bo Hyun and Nam Gyu Ri pair up for a sweet scene. Nam Gyu Ri can’t help but laugh at Ahn Bo Hyun’s bright energy. Ahn Bo Hyun comments, “She’s not charmed by me at all,” and Nam Gyu Ri responds, “You were like a cute little boy.” Then Ahn Bo Hyun says, “I hope this scene comes out well because it’s the only part I’m smiling in the drama!”

Lee Se Young, Lee Joo Myung, and WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon, who play the golden trio in the drama, rehearse for the scene where they are eating chicken. Suddenly, Kang Seung Yoon starts eating the chicken, and Lee Se Young demands, “Why are you eating?” She looks at the staff in shock and comments, “I got so scared! I thought we were actually filming or something!” Sheepishly, Kang Seung Yoon admits he was too hungry to resist the chicken.

During break, a crew member asks if he likes fried chicken or seasoned chicken better, he answers he prefers the first one more. He explains, “If I want to eat seasoned chicken, I just like dipping my fried chicken in the sauce that I separately order.”

The three actors start filming, but they keep making mistakes due to the chicken. Lee Se Young even forgets her line, and she orders Kang Seung Yoon to pause eating so that she can say it first. Despite the sweet temptation, they’re able to finish the scene with a bang!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437453wpp/watch-lee-se-young-winners-kang-seung-yoon-and-lee-joo-myung-get-distracted-by-chicken-while-filming-kairos

13 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Yes...Dabin was never kidnapped. Hyunchae never jumped. My early theory was HC was at the bridge with DG (DG was the last one in her hospital room), acted like she lost everything...turns off her phone, pretends to jump....if this is what happened...Hyunchae is a very good actress. During Dabin's finger scene, when Seojin hugged her, she pushed him away. I thought it was weird but brushed it off. Now with more being revealed...I do think HC is a monstrous snake, maybe even more dangerous than imoogi from Tale of 9 Tailed. Hahaha. I don't understand DG though...is he jealous because HC married Seojin or is this all part of a bigger plan? If it's only jealousy on his part....he's a very shallow character 

You make great points. I wonder if there is some type of personal vendatta they have which has not been revealed and yes, she is Worse than imoogi!  My Remaining question is if she really did cut her own daughter's finger off or did they have a police or lab connection to alter the results?  When I saw Da Bin I was trying to count her fingers. Kid Calculating GIF by TLC

SJ  needs to talk back to the nanny because I think she was trying to talk to him subliminally by outing the mom. Ae Ri's mom was probably involved to the extent of vengance regarding her husband's death. 

@katakwasabi I concur with @foreverempress great points.

Welcome all newcomers to the forum. So happy to have more people to chime in to watch this drama.

@Jillia Glad to see you here my friend! You are seriously everywhere! How do you do it?

I confess I did not watch Signal/Life in Mars so I cannot attest to anything or parallels of those dramas to Kairos.

@Sleepy Owl As always great thoughts and comments.

-Love that comments that SJ is the only one in the future who sees the new CHANGES and memories based on actions in the past in his future. 

-I do not find the time jumping back and forth confusing thanks the camera angles and how the cinematography is done

-Totally on the boat that Hyun Chae is more than meets the eye. 

(Seriously when her body was not found and her not stellar relationship with SJ.) But why go all the why to fake your death and kidnapping to torture SJ. What did he do to deserve such treatment?  Cannot just divorce him? Are you so rich you are able to live off what you have already?)

-So when HC met the secretary Do Kyun as a waiter in a club initially--they had a relationship first. The fact she lied about her home address --DK said you match living in the rich address. (But why would rich gal work in that club to play piano/violin? Doesn't make sense.)

-I feel that she approached SJ as he was a rising star and someone she could have a good life. Plus somehow along the way DK was SJ right hand man later on. So she can have close proximity to her lover.

-I agree with all that Han Aeri is the only REAL one person who is someone SJ can trust. 

the fact SJ realized his driver /secretary Taek Kyu looks suspicious and is in cahoots with Do Kyun 

the Chairman is a def connection

-Do Kyun of course taking orders from the Chairman (why wouldn't he) if it gives him a chance to go above SJ while he is "mourning" and blaze his path over his youngest executive ever boss SJ

the flashbacks that Aeri and SJ are connected to that construction accident due to her dad (OMG)

-Hope they can change the way Aeri's mom dies---YIKES why why too suspicious and to have her silenced?

-Chairman is definitely all shades of shady under the guise being kind, understanding and benevolent (He did not get there being NICE NICE for sure)

Kairos: Episode 5 Open Thread

by Laica

Kairos5-00066.jpg

We only get one episode this week, which is disappointing because of how good this show is, but also STRESSFUL because of the expertly cruel cliffhangers it delivers on odd-numbered episodes! Much is revealed, although our protagonists remain in the dark about some crucial information. Still, Seo-jin and Ae-ri are closing in on the web of incidents and relationships that connect them, and who’s behind this chain reaction of misfortune. But will they be able to uncover enough of the truth, in time to avert more tragedy?

EPISODE 5 WEECAP

Kairos5-00008.jpgKairos5-00007.jpg

It turns out that Do-kyun and Hyun-chae met twelve years ago—he fell for her at first sight when she came to play piano at the wine bar he worked at, and she seemed to recognize instantly that she could rely on him.

And we finally see Ae-ri’s mom: she is alive but in hiding, and tells someone on the phone to send the money and keep their hands off her daughter.

Ae-ri runs from the apartment Do-kyun and Hyun-chae are trysting in when she receives Seo-jin’s message, but disturbed by her continued narrow escapes from death, tracks down Kim Jin-ho. He refuses to tell her what he talked to her mom about, but drops the fact that her father died in a building collapse nineteen years ago—the construction project helmed by Seo-jin’s company that still haunts his nightmares.

Ae-ri shares this information with Seo-jin, and they connect the dots that Seo-jin’s personal assistant Taek-kyu is connected to both murder attempts and to Kim Jin-ho.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/kairos-episode-5-open-thread/

On 11/13/2020 at 1:03 AM, Nodame said:

-Totally on the boat that Hyun Chae is more than meets the eye. 

(Seriously when her body was not found and her not stellar relationship with SJ.) But why go all the why to fake your death and kidnapping to torture SJ. What did he do to deserve such treatment?  Cannot just divorce him? Are you so rich you are able to live off what you have already?)

I think there was an explanation about HC character somewhere in some site (sorry chinggu, I forgot which one). But if I'm not mistaken, HC did come from a wealthy family. But her father died in an accident/ suicide (not sure about this) apparently. And her family lost all the wealth. Hence, she had to survive with her violin playing skills. I had this feeling that her father had something to do with the accident that SJ was also in. Probably her father was one of the co-owners of the project (I remember Ae Rin read at her father's memorial tomb that the project was owned by several companies). I think HC blamed the other co-owners (including the co SJ's late father worked for) for her and her family's misfortune and her somewhat her emotional and mental health. I am presuming HC see marrying SJ is one of her opportunity to enter the company for revenge (plus in the same site, if I'm not mistaken, SJ was described as someone the President of the Co is grooming to be the next CEO of the company). And also since she knows DG even earlier than her marriage, somehow revenge makes perfect sense. There is a possibility she manipulated DG to do her bids for the revenge. Hence it is also possible she is the one planning for DG to work for the company. This is just my theory. We've yet to know that but based on the flashback, I see those circumstances as the biggest possibility. 

Ahn Bo Hyun And Nam Gyu Ri Get Adorably Shy While Filming Kiss Scene For “Kairos”

84f680c3c5be4ee2949035c9161f9651.jpeg?s=

Nov 14, 2020
by E. Cha

MBC’s “Kairos” has shared a fun glimpse of its stars behind the scenes!

On November 14, the “time-crossing fantasy thriller” released an adorable set of behind-the-scenes stills from filming. While the suspenseful plot and life-or-death stakes of “Kairos” keep the characters and tone of the drama serious and emotional, the cast can’t seem to stop laughing once the cameras stop rolling.

In the new photos, Shin Sung Rok shows off his powerful acting skills as tormented lead Kim Seo Jin, but his co-stars Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, and WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon are all smiles as they brighten up the set between takes with a cheerful energy that can’t be seen in the drama.

The stills also provide a cute glimpse of the real-life chemistry between the cast members. Lee Se Young gets playful with Go Kyu Pil off-camera, while Ahn Bo Hyun and Nam Gyu Ri break out into embarrassed giggles as they shyly prepare to film their shocking kiss scene.

Another photo captures Ahn Bo Hyun exuding a sunny aura that is completely unlike his character as he happily delivers an assortment of coffee drinks for Nam Gyu Ri.

more pictures

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437800wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-and-nam-gyu-ri-get-adorably-shy-while-filming-kiss-scene-for-kairos

I finally watched ep 5 last night. I was surprised that there was only one episode but then I remembered that it was a baseball game and we had one episode this week. Works for me. I am busy and it is hard to catch up with all the episodes I am watching weekly.

The big revelations. I was not surprised at all. I just knww that Ae Ri`s father was killed in the same accident (building colapsing) where young Seo jin was in. I assume that her father helped Seo Jin to survive and he died helping him.

Seo Jin`s wife and their daughter is alive. I`ve already suspected that she faked her death (when I saw that she was having an affair with Do-Kyun and because of that the kidnapping left more and more unlikely. I am glad that we have a logic explanation. Even when the kidnapping took place (and we did not have more informations on Hyun-Chae) I found very odd that someone would kill a five- six years old girl just to get revenge on herfather. When Kim Jin-Ho appeared, it looks like he could do it because he has a strong motive and he looked unstable emotionally but his story was not convincing. The way the police found Da Bin`s clothes at the river, everything pointed out a set up.

Now, I am curious why Kim Jin Ho continues to take the blame of killing Da Bin (I understand that he wanted to get the media attention at first ) but why continue to lie? They have  threaten him just like Ae Ri`s mother was?

Speaking of Ae Ri`s mother. I was surprised to see her dead in the end of the episode.

Ae Ri doesn`t tell Seo Jin that his wife was cheating and he doesn`t tell that he foubnd her mother dead. I understand why they keepp silent for now but I think they should come clean. Knowing every detailed as painful as it is, it could let them see the big picture sooner.

Now get back to Kang Hyun-Chae. I was wondering how they will use Nam Gyu Ri in this story now that her character  killed herself. Just to show some past scenes were unsatysfing for a second lead in my point of view. With these new revelations I am intrigued about her character. I also read that she was a rich girl and her family was ruined. I am curious why she decided to staged her death and her daughter`s. It could be a revenge not only wanted her daughter without divorce and custody or sharing custody. I wonder if her family was ruined because of that building collapsing.  Yujung compay is involved with many shenanigans. I still have the CEO my number one suspect.

Hyun Chae met Do-Kyun before she was married with Seo Jin? It looks like this or maybe I am wrong.  Probably she was the one who helped him take the job at Yujung contruction. If they did not met before her marriage, it is possible they met when she struggled in the marriage. I don`t know. She has conflicted feelings for Seo jin. When they were in the car (a month before the events) she deliberately wanted Seo jin to suspect Do Hyun about their relationship/ affair. It was an emotional response and that tells me that she did not marry Seo jin just for interest. I will see why she agreed / came up with this terrible plan. It gave Seo Jin a lot of pain. But why chose this path? And what they want futher? What`s the next step? 

I also have the same theory as @inna75. Hyunchae is out for revenge. I think her dad is the owner of the other company involved in the collapse 19 years and that company took the fall while Yujung is successful. She seems so aloof in ep 5. And I feel that she is totally using Dogyun to do the dirty work. I don't know how/why the driver is connected though.

@larus Maybe Kim Jin Ho just want to see Seojin suffer like he did when he lost his 1st daughter. Let's assume KJH lost his discernment huhuhu.

I don't think it's Aeri's place to tell Seojin that his wife is cheating. Seojin9 is currently doing the best that he can to save his family. He has no one around him, saving his family is the only reason he keeps going on. She can't tell Seojin8 too, because they are not buddies :lol:. As for Seojin9 and Aeri mum...I think there's a possibility that he didn't recognize the face because it was so dark.

@foreverempress I tried to count dabin fingers too! She has a new teddy bear. The exact same as the one she had before. Hahaha

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I don't think it's Aeri's place to tell Seojin that his wife is cheating. Seojin9 is currently doing the best that he can to save his family. He has no one around him, saving his family is the only reason he keeps going on. She can't tell Seojin8 too, because they are not buddies

But they have formed a sort of friendship. They depend on each other. As I said, I understand why she did not tell him but I think she should tell him. Knowing this information, Seo Jin will start to think of another scenario or at least will connect the pieces of the puzzle better. Perhaps it is not the time right now but she should tell him. Or probably he will find out himself. There is a small doubt in his head but he doesn`t have another suspicious/ information to realise this truth.

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I tried to count dabin fingers too! She has a new teddy bear. The exact same as the one she had before. Hahaha

I really really doubt that they cut Da bin`s finger. They send the finger to make everything more dramatic. I don`t think it was the only way to convince the police that Da Bin is dead.  It was easier to pay somebody at the forensic departement or come up with another plan. Now that I know what happened, I think it was to make Seo jin suffer more.

Archived