[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

@jy_cohh I think KGE and LHW may not have been in the trailer because they might have a lot of scenes together as main leads and KGE wasn't available at the time of filming for these scenes because she's busy with TKEM. According to this site, filming started 2019/09/10. The first trailer was released around March 2020. KGE was still working on TKEM

@MinGoLove In my defense, I never even knew KGE had a forum in Soompi. I tried looking for her before in the first couple of pages but gave up afterwards. Also I only started becoming really active on Soompi when TKEM came out. :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sandy M said:

On another note, I love how the BinJin page that was started last year is like at 1050 page something and this one is already at 900 in 3+ months LMAO.

Hi! The reason why the BinJin thread is just at over 1000 pages is due to it being subjected to constant reviews and cleaning of the mods and admins of Shippers' Paradise. I ship LMH and KGE, as well as BinJin, and between this thread and that, unfortunately, the BinJin thread is prone to many fan wars due to trolls entering the thread and violating many Shipper's Paradise rules, causing the thread to get locked several times since it was started.

There is also a little known rule in Shipper's Paradise that actually prohibits quoting of past comments with images or embedded links which is strictly enforced there, thus the constant cleaning of the mods, and reminder for members to edit their posts with quoted images. It sounds ridiculous but that's the reason why the thread is not as fast as this one. It absolutely has nothing to do with just how fast people post there or just how many shippers that thread has.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, jy_cohh said:

Eagle Eye Miadee - I feel like you and I continue to have very similar thoughts. I also did not understand the hype around this scene and could not detect jealousy. He looked away because a staff member behind him said something and she pointed at something for him to look at it. 

But, I also agree. What does he mean by 3rd option? LOL.

I echo you @jy_cohh and @Miadee i didn't sense the jealousy, too.  but after watching the swoon version of the bts, well, after some thought, asking about the 3rd option - he couldnt help himself - it could be sarcasm. Haha 

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 17

1 hour ago, MinGoLove said:

BTW guys, do you knwo whats the deal with SBS awards? i stumbled into a discussion where people said usually SBS will give the award to idol and dramas with highest rating.. last year the Daesang winner was critized because netizen thought Jang Nara and Kim Sun Ah deserved it more.. I mean, if  the award is rating-based, so our couple will be doomed.. will they even attend?? 

idk how awards shows worked these past years but i think some changes have surely been made. if ratings is used as one of their assessments, i may say they would still stand a chance if the upcoming dramas hold lower numbers, since the entry for this year alone so far is good. they had hyena, stove league,  even romantic dr. kim. 

18 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

We're not sure when they first met but during an interview, LMH mentioned the first chicken restaurant scene. That was their first filming scene and filming for TKEM started October 23 so vaguely late October should be when they first met.

is it possible for them to have a separate meeting, consists only the two of them and the writer? i mean, she did forgo the script reading due to conflicted schedule, but as we all know, he remembered what she wore the first time they met. or could there be another script reading held, where they actually met MET? 

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, MinGoLove said:

Gaaawwdddd.... now I remember again that they didnt even give us pictures from THE SCRIPT READING/meeting!!!!!! WHHYYYYYYY??? WHYYYYY??? that would be their first meeting right??? 

There are three blurry pictures of the script reading. Apparently KGE didn’t attend due to conflicting schedule of Hero :expressionless:

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

It was from the BTS. I think someone mentioned it before. :lol:

We thought it was because he was also nervous about the first kiss since many people mentioned her hand clench and then someone noticed he was blinking a lot after the kiss. 

ya To think LMH got nervous from such a tame kiss scene and then after that all the other kisses he wants is to vacuum. 

Actually at the cut from the scene (not the BTS), LMH blinked a lot too. Well, it’s due to that electric sensation that you got when you kissed someone that meant to be yours. Which at the beginning felt too surreal to be true.

KGE feel that too. That peck on the neck, Hahahahah....we all ahjumma know pretty well how the electric current shot and then travel south :wub:. Leaving goosebumps and warm to hot feeling everywhere. Sorry, but that lust look in the beheading scene is very hard to be faked. Unless you’re a method actor :yum:

• LOL 14

33 minutes ago, jy_cohh said:

Hi friend!!! I saw you on KGE's thread :D

I feel the same! Nervous for her. I read some articles and some tweets on Hero, and it seems that the K-entertainment industry is making a very BIG deal out of it. It's Korea's first-ever musical movie, directed by an acclaimed big-shot director. I really hope it's critically acclaimed and loved and that KGE will earn EVEN more respect. I believe I read or watched an interview where she said it was a challenging project for her because she had to SING and ACT at the same time. She sings a total of three songs in the movie. 

So excited for it. 

She is considered a main lead in this movie along with Ahn Jung Hwa. Not sure about the reasoning behind not having her in the trailer. Lee Hyun Woo is also in the movie and was omitted from the trailer - he's quite a popular actor too. *shrugs*.

I think its also good they're not showing a lot as a teaser, to keep fans anticipated for this musical. cannot wait

• Like 2
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, kdfan_incad said:

Hero premiere:

My thought as another possibility is this: They will hold a premiere but it's more of like a drive-in movie in the olden says where viewers watch it on a big screen in a big parking lot and everyone is watching it from their car or in their respective parking spots. And the King and Queen could be in his or her van together. Or Minho could be there but arrive in a low key car so as not to create commotion. 

In any case, my hunch is he will be invited to a premiere if there will be one. Minho worked closely with the male lead, Jung Sung Hwa, in 2010 in the drama "Personal Taste" with Son Ye Jin. Jung Sung Hwa portrayed as Lee Minho's side kick in the drama (similar to the Pyeha - Yeong relationship in TKEM). I believe LMH and JSH have remained friends since then. And of course, we all know that LMH worked with KGE for more than 8 months in TKEM.  

@kdfan_incad ooo Thanks for your insight... didn't know Minho worked with Jung Sung Hwa... that's an added reason for him to attend the premiere (or one more possible person to invite him in case our gal gets nervous and doesn't dare to HAHA)... they normally interview the big stars who attend the premiere and Minho can use JSH as an "added excuse".... 

Interviewer: "Who are you attending this Hero premiere to support?"

LMH: "My sunbaenim Jung Sung Hwa whom I acted with in Personal Taste as well as my co-star Kim Go Eun from The King: Eternal Monarch" :D

I believe there will be a movie premiere - the recent "Alive" movie (by YAI & PSH) did - maybe 2 weeks ago?  SHK actually attended the premiere to show her support for her good friend YAI.  So if Hero will be out in September/October, there will most likely be a premiere for promotional purposes.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, makshimus' mane said:

is it possible for them to have a separate meeting, consists only the two of them and the writer? i mean, she did forgo the script reading due to conflicted schedule, but as we all know, he remembered what she wore the first time they met. or could there be another script reading held, where they actually met MET? 

That’s what I think. She was wearing a cap when they first met according to LMH in the keyword interview. So should be before  filming their first scene.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

44 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

They may have filmed the trailer when KGE was busy with TKEM. Either that or because she's not an actual main lead. Her character is supposedly made just for the film and never existed in real life even though film was based on real life. 

39 minutes ago, MinGoLove said:

unfortunately no. Waiting not-so-patiently on the promotion activities of HERO, mentioned by her Dad in IG. maybe we'll get a peek of her looks there. 

thank you chingu! Can’t wait to see what she is gonna look like this time. And definitely curious how she is going to carry this character. 

@koreaboooo pretty sure she is one of the main lead. Her name is second after the Male lead. 

ok, don’t mean to turn this into Hero/KGE thread heheh.... let’s go back to shipping. 

39 minutes ago, MinGoLove said:

Why no pictorial or new interview untill now?? it's been a month or so, after the TKEM ended.. are they purposedly doing this? i mean, is it possible that they are rejecting pictorials offer to tone down the heat of dating rumour? 

Not sure. Honestly it might be because of the poor reception in South Korea, or because of Covid they might try to lay low on gathering/activity

believe me, I was upset about no script reading and then no wrap up party? And many dramas usually announce when they the whole crew take vacation after drama, but with TKEM, I don’t get it. 
I don’t think the dating rumour could be this detrimental to the point of rejecting interview or photo shoot.

all mystery.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, vj_sh3441 said:

That’s what I think. She was wearing a cap when they first met according to LMH in the keyword interview. So should be before  filming their first scene.

yesssss. whether they had another script reading with the whole cast or not we cant know for sure.

as we speak the queen updated!!!!

edit: nothing much, it's just her advertising the new seasons for chanel.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, scrawford said:

believe me, I was upset about no script reading and then no wrap up party? And many dramas usually announce when they the whole crew take vacation after drama, but with TKEM, I don’t get it. 
I don’t think the dating rumour could be this detrimental to the point of rejecting interview or photo shoot.

all mystery.

I'm not sure about the lack of wrap-up party, but for the pictorial, I don't think KGE is really into it for dramas. She didn't do it for Goblin after that drama ended and that drama was HUGE in SK for quite a while even after it ended. 

If we look at KGE's patterns, she seems to do it mostly for her movies. 

• Like 15
  • Insightful 3

3 minutes ago, makshimus' mane said:

yesssss. whether they had another script reading with the whole cast or not we cant know for sure.

as we speak the queen updated!!!!

edit: nothing much, it's just her advertising the new seasons for chanel.

Let’s leave it to twitterians and weibo investigator to dissect the post :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

14 minutes ago, scrawford said:

from what i gathered, reward vacations are usually gifted to dramas with high ratings, mostly above 15% or beyond 20%, tkem hovered around 7-9% maximum so it was considered average thus the crew members didnt go for a vacation.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, kdfan_incad said:

Yes, I remember reading something that their first meeting was actually at the script reading. That was sometime in July 2019. That was when LMH first met KGE formally. That was the day he described as "she was wearing a hat (cap). It appears to me that she's plain and unpretentious." That was his first impression. 

It’s nice to see that life imitates art

”She’s plain and unpretentious”

”You look like a giant bandage”

LMH and KGE will live happily in secret til they’re old while we are all Lady Noh, praying fervently and only getting crumbs.

Also I just watched that entire video and zoomed multiple times so I think I’m falling apart 

• Like 3
  • LOL 21