[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

Its already ep 16, is it just me but I feel like time flies so fast during  this drama’s period. I feel like I was just eagerly watching the promotional countdown casts clip, prior to ep 1, & before I know it, its already over. 

What I love most about Start Up is the simple and uncomplicated plot but beautifully executed.

I’m very happy with the ending. Its not rush, carefully thought & ties up every end nicely.

From the epilogue, on DS & DM’s desks, we saw photos of them with family & friends. Which cleverly said it all ~ that their company won that bidding for the smart city project, with picture of Chulsan with beanie implying his shaved head, with Saha in his arm and of course Dosan Dalmi wedding pictures.

cU1kkVVYBl8FkW1I8Qkpa4FWnWUlhWT8k4OrztvB

drama-korea-start-up-ep-16.jpg

For Jipyeong, this shall be the best ending for him. Given to his background, what he needs most is an unconventional parental love, just  like what Halmoni offers him. With his personality, looks & wealth, I doubt Jipyeong has any trouble finding love if he really wants to, but love the way Halmoni does is hard to come by for a loner like him. 
2133261450.jpg

Now Injae is actually an interesting, although she doesn’t always shows it, she’s always adores & protective of Dalmi but somehow things turn sour for them, so I love how the sisters slowly begin to rekindle & bond again, and one of my favourite scene was when Injae & Dalmi argued in front of their team, when Dalmi told Injae she’s nut, Injae reminds her they’re in the office, but Dalmi simply change her sentence to more formal “You’re are mad”. Lol. 

Edit:- Injae too got to spit on her scumbag stepfather, when her company won the bidding over the stepfather’s company & got court approval to revert back to her real name & family tree

EofDdn0U8AAcQkH?format=jpg&name=medium

And with that I’ll say this is the best 2020 drama for me

On 12/7/2020 at 10:40 AM, lebeaucouple said:

My best favourite scene :  when Yong-San apologised to IJ for being rude to her back on 3 years ago, and IJ answered nicely, "I take the obstacles as another opportunity to motivate me and become who I am now..."

When Yong san ran after Injae to apologise to her, I suddenly seeing a possible loveline there. Imagine how wonderful it would be if the last standing single San finally meets his fated half in Injae.:D

Edit: And what a coincidence Yongsan & Injae are set act as lovers following the drama Start Up:wub:

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Beautiful and satisfying finale! So happy for this ending, I was crying and laughing, and feeling in awe. Thank you Start Up for this amazing series!

JP: I have always loved JP's character, but I was not rooting for him with DM for the very the same reason he finally admitted, he did not go look for her in 15 years, but DS went to her within the same day reading the letters. Although, just because he didn't "get the girl" but JP's character is the best character arc. His life was unfolded as a lonely orphan, but gets wrapped up with a family, through Grandma who has always loved him. JP has changed his perspective from focusing on repaying Grandma, and to paying it forward. He accepted his past as an orphan and supported for the charity cause. Everything he had done for DM was to repay Grandma, so it's great seeing his empathy and generosity. He is a changed man and has found his inner peace. KSH really nailed this role and I can't wait to see more of his work!

IJ: I think all viewers agreed that IJ needed more screentime. Her character did not start out as an empowering character but rather an antagonist. Throughout the series, I was blown away by her strong leadership and charismatic manner. In contrast with Mr. Han's leadership style, IJ trains and mentors DM in a manner that DM becomes capable of making her own judgement and decision, and trusts in her own ability. The interview scene had proven that Mr. Han is the hand-holding leader, while IJ is the empowering leader, she knows when to let go. I really wish the writer would give her more storyline. I'm sure it wasn't a walk in the park experience living with Mr. Won's family during her adolescence years, and how hard she had to prove herself before she appeared as the successful CEO of Nature Morning in the earlier episodes. If we had some sort of this back storyline that would be more satisfying and a great utilize for Kang Hana's talents.

DM & DS: I've loved them from the very beginning, and no doubt that their growth was worth while. For anyone who does "glow up" justice, it is DS. It's true when they say confidence is the new sexy , and boy did DS display it well. I absolutely love DS & DM relationship, it's been addressed many times in the drama that timing and opportunity are crucial in love and business. DM met her companion in the most peculiar way who turned out to be her soulmate, and DS met DM when he went through the lowest time of his life. Together these two supported each other and brought the best out of themselves. There was no lecture in their relationship, there was no "in-debt" history (as much as JP held on to this sentiment, I'm glad DM had the clarify to know who she loves), there was no senior/junior relationship. What we saw was two equal partners who complemented each other with their own skills, and treating each other mutual love and respect. It's rare and refreshing to see this type of happing ending in a kdrama, no more helpless Cinderella meeting Prince Charming, no more Chaebol ML and poor FL, and definitely no more sympathy love. 

Chul-San & Saha: What a treat! These two are so cute and funny together. 

I haven't felt so satisfying after watching a kdrama in a while and this is one of my favorites. Family, empathy, and pay it forward sentiments are what we all need in this world. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Finally had the heart to watch the last 2 EPs. Aside from this warm, fuzzy feeling that I got from those office desk photos + power everyone just exuded in that last walk -- I am still not over the EP 14's campfire scene. That was it?? Do San had to bike and fall down his way there and Dal Mi, too and that's it? Idk I was kind of expecting that there was more to that just so that we get to understand how Do San made up his mind to stay and love Dal Mi forever.

Spoiler

2020 Cheongmyeong Company is no joke. AAHH that was by far the most too ideal set-up from this drama but I think it's really going to be your destination if you are the SamSan Tech team. The SST team did grow and learn from their mistakes and they were able to show that they are capable of handling greater things. They're far from perfect but everyone's not just faking 'til they make it anymore. They are the real deal! 

Cheongmyeong Company getting that investment made me realize just how far the SST team had gotten. It's like that mark of approval for their business in their Start-Up world. Tho aside from Noongil and Tarzan, it would have been interesting to see more of their innovations. In-jae changing her last name to Seo was also more satisfying than stepfather getting almost 0 audience in his relay lecture or stepbrother teaming up with those scheming programmer twins. Glad they finally were called out for their ransomware.

Ji Pyeong also had his moment when he decided to invest personally (I can't really get over this cameo!! + all other cameos in the last ep) AND I DO SEE THE SPARKS between him and In-jae AAAH (it can happen in season 2 maybe?)  

I haven't watched that many dramas that laid all these loose ends at the start of the series and tied them up nicely in the last few EPs. Some were a little obvious/ redundant but I appreciate it all the same. I've read somewhere that they wish for the ending to not be rushed - and it really wasn't. I think we got a good deal of the happy ever after part that we don't get in other dramas. Tho I still find the "Why do you like me" Pt. 3 scene a little rushed and cliche ? but AAHHHH romantic all the same and won't complain anymore. And Ji Pyeong and the clean break was a little off but I guess we do need that. Team JP had to had that closure as well.  

"Pray for it and make it happen." The last few eps might not suit everyone's taste but I do feel that the ending's what the characters deserve, and ohwell maybe except for Ji Pyeong (PS I'm not being toxic). But honestly, I think you can't simply give this complex character a nice ending given the current story arc that we have. So that's it. Start-Up had really made my weekends extra special, so I'm just thankful for this kdrama and everyone in it and behind it + reading everyone's thoughts on this thread. Let's look forward to all the actors' next projects and look back at this series fondly, too.  

• Like 4

Wow! It has been awhile since I have been able to finish a drama live watching all the way through, so for me that says a lot. The drama ending was surprisingly sooo satisfying and there are very few endings these days that are actually good. I absolutely love how they came full circle, including

- Dosan showing bits of his old habits we all endearing love like being very factual about the rainbow (I also love how DM accepts that side of him and plays on it).

- DS knitting the catus for grandma, I really missed knitting NDS. 

- JP relationship with grandma made me absolutely bawl my eyes out. She knows him and can read him so well even if she can't see that he's crying. It's perfect and you know that he isn't gonna leave and will always be a part of the family

- I love that NDS and HJP kinda made a sort of truce/friendship? The awkward handshake/hug was THE BEST. I think they now have a mutual respect for each other. 

- The friendship between the SST guys was the second bawl my eyes out. 

In these last two eps, I could see myself a little in both HJP and NDS. I can see why people like with HJP's character. I relate to his personality in the fact that I am so type A, I need a plan and I need to know it will succeed. It's smart and safe. But sometimes, you gotta be a little NDS and take risks, big or even tiny ones. In some ways I am kinda envious of that but not really haha (there's a reason I went into medicine rather than business). 

Well this was a fun ride and I am sad to see it end. Thank you Soompi for providing a safe environment where we can maturely discuss the drama and be reasonable about it. I love there there was something for both sides of the ship here. I am still shocked by how toxic and aggressive conversations got on other forums. The pettiness, mob mentality and downvoting of harmless comments was basically cyberbullying. I couldn't believe how mean people could be over a drama and feel the need to respond to something just because it didn't fit their viewpoint. As well as how negatively exacerbated the viewpoints were. If I felt the way way they did, I would have dropped the drama long ago, because I made the decision long ago that I don't watch a drama I have SLS in because it is too emotionally draining and I still live by my own rule without regrets. I'm not sure if I want to live watch and join into forum discussions if this is the case again because it did take away from my enjoyment of the drama. But we made it through and thank you again Soompiers for the watching it with me!

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, CoffeeMD said:

I can see why people like with HJP's character. I relate to his personality in the fact that I am so type A, I need a plan and I need to know it will succeed. It's smart and safe. But sometimes, you gotta be a little NDS and take risks, big or even tiny ones. In some ways I am kinda envious of that but not really haha (there's a reason I went into medicine rather than business). 

@CoffeeMD funny you said that :) in actual fact Joo Hyuk’s blood type is A as well and it made me giggle whenever I think about it since he played Do San so real, so well. There was this playing Go Stop scene in ep.4, Do San was even “down talking” that type A people are timid and unforgiving :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, wildcherry said:

When Yong san ran after Injae to apologise to her, I suddenly seeing a possible loveline there. Imagine how wonderful it would be if the last standing single San finally meets his fated half in Injae.:D

me too :joy: i was like, eh is there any possible loveline here lol

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 11:53 AM, hell59 said:

I was not part of the discussions here, but as a soompier, I wanted to come to this thread to say that I LOVED this drama! For me it is the best drama of 2020. It never disappointed me (except that I adored the second lead) but I knew who the main leading couple was from the beginning. I thought it was very inspiring about to really follow your dream and not to be afraid to take risks! The last episode was excellent, it was so moving. I cried a lot especially the scenes between JP and the grandma and the 3 guys saying goodbye to their old place. Such a great and motivating show! It has been such a pleasure spending my Saturday and Sunday mornings watching this amazing drama!

Honestly I 100% agree that this was a great drama, but I didn't feel the satisfaction I usual feel after a good drama. It was more of a "I'm happy this is over now feeling" and it's mostly because I started this without know who the main leads were and had the false sense of pairing the JP with DM from the beginning. After realizing what was going on and finding out this was a triangle and who the main leads were around the 6th or 8th, I just couldn't enjoy the show the same way anymore. I did want to finish it because I was looking forward to the success of everyone in Samsan Tech. It was such a good ending with lots of tears inducing moments for sure. And I liked how they wrapped up the love triangle. It was definitely the best conclusion to a triangle I'd ever seen. And the moments btw JP and grandma, oh my heart couldn't handle it haha.  It was good!

But overall as I said my heart wasnt it in the show anymore after the 7th episode or rather after discovering this was gonna be a triangle. I've just never been a fan of triangles. Great story though! Glad I got to join this community and enjoy it with y'all

Haha, well I finally watched the Final episode!! And I'm here to offer my last unpopular opinions. A loooong post of them

I actually enjoyed the final episode a lot. How I see it, Start Up was always a venn diagram of themes - Family being one major theme, Work & Start-Ups being another theme and Romance, the third theme. In relation to the ending, I thought everything was tied up nicely in each of the circles. I think I'll talk about it from a story perspective first and then as a JP fan - both good things and bad.

Episode 16 (finale)

- I liked that the gang knew the reporter tricks and could actually stick up for themselves for a change! I think it showed the group having matured in how they handled problems

:heartxoxo: 

-JP's scene with Halmoni was so sad but touching - honestly, their scenes were worth more to me than any of the JP and DM scenes in this series. Mainly because I felt there was a deeper connection between these two characters - Halmoni always understood JP for the person he was and never put her own expectations on him, but encouraged him to act the best from his own abilities, so her love for him was unconditional, unlike DM who put her expectations on him as her invisible letter writer lover (Yes, she was a kid who never met him...but she was always an idealist, even as an adult and had these grand ideas of who he was meant to be). Halmoni telling JP not to be any lonely anymore broke my heart :bawling: I love that she always had a way to break down his walls and make him more vulnerable, something that was good for him as a person.

-More than ever, I liked the relationship between JP and his assistant DC. I found it super endearing this episode because the assistant is actually pretty alert - he told JP about the reporter on his gut instincts. And then he looked so happy about JP complimenting him on doing a good job :lol:

-Yay, cameo by Yeo Jin-gu!! I like his character too. I know people were not so impressed with this as a thing for JP, but I do like that it linked back to something Halmoni said he should do - pay it forwards instead of back to her :heart:

-I like that Halmoni was so happy to 'see' DS too - I do think DS is a great character and an interesting non-conventional lead. And JP has a lot of merits, but I think we often forget the Noongil was DS' suggestion and his character does also have a heart and cared deeply for Halmoni. :love:

-In my opinion, I thought CS and SH were the cutest, especially CS's sad thoughts that he wasn't living up to SH's expectations for a boyfriend...but then she made him better by introducing him as her bf to her sister. :kiss_wink:

-Haha, thought it was funny when they were celebrating with cake and SH flicked DS with the party hat for fighting over cake with her man. I feel like that was done to make JP fans feel better :laugh:

-I know people were disappointed in the one JP and DM scene on the roof - I found it a bit lacking as well. Not because I cared about the romance, but because it seemed inconsistent to talk about those letters again when they barely did once DM found out JP had written them to her. :no_mouth:

-I liked that IJ got more airtime finally - I forgot that YS had asked her that question about being rich in the first ep. It seemed to be a bit random to include it, unless they were trying to hint at a possible attraction between the two (which I wouldn't mind...) But the scenes I liked most with IJ were also the Halmoni scenes. A bit like with JP , Halmoni's happiness to see IJ again made me feel all fuzzy :love:

-Wow did not expect DS and JP to have a moment in the end. I guess their relationship was repaired over business. I have a lot more to say, but will say when I talk about JP

-Because of spoiler pics I thought they were going to end with the wedding, but I liked the epilogue with the photos and the power couple of DS- DM and IJ and JP walking together. I thought it was a much more fitting way to show the characters had achieved success and made peace with themselves and each other. :heart:

Opinions about the Ending from Story telling perspective:

As someone who was not invested in the romance of any of the main triangles (Yes, I seriously thought CS and SH's romance was cuter and funnier than DS-DM or JP-DM), I actually thought the drama ending was pretty well paced and tied up all main loose ends with a bow

:fullofhearts: 

There was enough air time for all characters including the likeable side characters, the main conflicts were resolved and there was a balance of nostalgia for things that had happened in the past (Samsan Tech guys letting go of their old office and passing it onto newbies) and looking towards the future (the end with DS & DM). I also thought the character developments for DS and JP and IJ was very clear in the end. DM's development was weaker and I wasn't a fan of her sister indulging in her more reckless spirit, mainly because it seemed like it was ok for her to revert on her development (becoming more careful and calm). My one other criticism was that the story with the twins was wayyy too obvious and it felt like they should have known all along, but I guess at least that plot line didn't drag for half of the ending. Overall, if you looked at the story-telling as priority rather, than a specific character's endings, I was satisfied and thought it was a good ending  

:transforms:

It was a happy ending for DS and DM , and while a JP fan, I felt their relationship made sense enough as they were at similar point in life and were both idealistic people with similar dreamer values. I feel it's a bit of a shame that all of this was overlooked because people were not satisfied with who DM ended up with, but I understand that sometimes things get under your skin and it's hard to see otherwise when you're just really hurt.

Opinions about the Ending as a JP fan

I have to say, on the one hand,  I'm not a as disappointed as I thought I'd be after watching it. I thought it would be a lot worse, but JP got a meaningful ending in my eyes, just one that lacked romance. To be honest, I always thought that if DM could not see what was so great about JP, she didn't deserve him anyway! 

:Furious:

It drives me mad that there was so much emphasis on the letters at first, but then they barely spoke about them once she found out the truth :neutral: I think people felt heartbroken for JP's romantic life, but to be honest, I thought it was true when he said he was resilient. His character would not be taken down so easily by a crush gone wrong and I trust he would end up with someone better than DM in the future :tounge_wink:

What I liked about the ending though, was that they showed JP starting to move past the prickles since he was charmed by an idea about helping an orphanage when I think he had spent a long time avoiding his past. I liked the joke with Yeo Jin-gu being Yeongsil and JP saying he liked his voice! :tounge_xd: I also thought he had such a strong scene with Halmoni, who was the greatest source of comfort to him. Her words were amazing in that scene because they struck at the heart of JP's character and I think they showed the importance of having even just one person who love you unconditionally, always has your back and cares about you without judgement of your worst traits or weaknesses. :heart:

On the other hand, there were things I thought were a bit much to do to JP in the last episode, especially because they didn't give him a romance. Although it didn't annoy me personally as I also liked DS a lot (and was never anti-DS), I did feel it wasn't wise of them to try to push the merits of DS' character through JP's words. Although I think it was an interesting point (and a true one) that JP didn't look for DM for 15 years, but DS helped her as soon as he knew her, it did feel a bit like a nudging to the audience to look at DS's good points which would irk JP fans. I also didn't like that there was no big pay-off for JP,  the Sandbox lady pressured him to be an investor and he even had to "ask a favour" to invest in DS-DM's company.   

:Furious:

I didn't think it was fair given he had spent all this time helping them that they should have asked him out of thanks and respect. It felt a bit like a bowing down of JP's character when really there could have been better ways to show they had repaired a relationship that started off on the wrong foot. 

:brokenheart:

In any case, I do like that they smoothed out DS and JP's relationship in the end. And that JP was not shown to be heartbroken and mopey, or to have gone down a makjang path of sabotage or something silly like that, but he found other projects to engage with and moved on in his life.

For those who feel bitter for JP's ending, as I said before, I still think it was good you watched Start Up because you helped to support KSH ...who would have never gotten so famous this year if not for everyone's concern over JP!  KSH also sounded super grateful to Start Up as a show (I have never seen someone recommend their own show so many times in all their interviews). And JP was a great character to play. Sure, his story was sad, but it showed KSH's full acting abilities, so hopefully we will see him in a happier story as lead next time (You can think of it as JP's life and finding of true love after he moves away from DM! :tounge_xd:

:fullofhearts:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

59 minutes ago, maximusprime said:

Honestly I 100% agree that this was a great drama, but I didn't feel the satisfaction I usual feel after a good drama. It was more of a "I'm happy this is over now feeling" and it's mostly because I started this without know who the main leads were and had the false sense of pairing the JP with DM from the beginning. After realizing what was going on and finding out this was a triangle and who the main leads were around the 6th or 8th, I just couldn't enjoy the show the same way anymore. I did want to finish it because I was looking forward to the success of everyone in Samsan Tech. It was such a good ending with lots of tears inducing moments for sure. And I liked how they wrapped up the love triangle. It was definitely the best conclusion to a triangle I'd ever seen. And the moments btw JP and grandma, oh my heart couldn't handle it haha.  It was good!

But overall as I said my heart wasnt it in the show anymore after the 7th episode or rather after discovering this was gonna be a triangle. I've just never been a fan of triangles. Great story though! Glad I got to join this community and enjoy it with y'all

For me there was no triangle. For a love triangle to be compelling, there should be some reciprocity or even clear sign of a possibility of a loveline switch.

But at least in my view, DM was clearly into DS only from the start to the end. Never wavered even when the letter lie was exposed, and the lie exposure only put her in a state of hurt and confusion as to whether she loved the DS in the letters (which was a persona that the teen JP expressed but was nothing like the JP of the present), or whether she love DS as-is. Her confusion then was not whether she like JP or DS.  It was just DS version 1 or DS version 2. 

So I watched the drama with a clarity that if JP did fall in love with DM, it was one-sided all the way and I was never bothered by those unrequited feelings.  Basically I rooted for Dodal from the moment DS walked into the networking party to meet DM for the first time. 

I guess, that made a lot of difference in terms of enjoyment of the drama.

So yes, Start Up is not perfect.. the letters lie dragged too long and it would have been better if the time jump happened at least 1 episode earlier so that there are more time devoted to IJ and how DM grew into a competent CEO in 3 years and how DS grew his wings in 2STO.  I wanted to see more business aspects on how a Start Up secure revenue and investments etc. 

Still PHR wrote a well paced story that is full of heart and with many details coming full circle.

Easily one of the best dramas of 2020 for me, and certainly ranks amongst the top in terms of satisfying ending.

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1

Ultimately a disappointing series.  Probably the writer's worst work (although I have not seen Dream High).  Definitely not on the level of While You Were Sleeping or Pinocchio.

When majority of the audience is disappointed with the ending, I don't blame the actors. I blame the writer and director.  It's fine if they want Dosan and Dalmi to  end up together.  But at least make the progression believable.  Unfortunately, in an effort to do that, they sacrificed the characterization of Dalmi (she honestly was just in the background in the last few episodes as they had to prop up Dosan's supposed character development).

If I had to change one thing, I wish they didn't have Dalmi fixate so much on those letters.   Make those letters less important to her.   The fact that they focused so much on the letters in the early part and just brushed them aside to fit the narrative they wanted, was the biggest storytelling flaw of this show.

In terms of 2020 dramas, this ranks right in the middle.  Not bad, but not great either.   Won't be nominated for Baeksang Awards, I am confident in saying that.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 2
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

I think the letters were important to her during that part of her life but it doesn’t mean the letters dictate her whole life. She met DS and found someone and something which she values greatly too and it doesn’t mean those letters weren’t important to her. While she relied on those letters in the past, she found someone she cherish even more to share her future with. She stopped relying on an imaginative first love and decided to share her life with someone else in real life.

I don’t really think it’s an unbelievable aspect of life. 

• Like 13

Good Boy got 

- a plant

- letters

- Grandma and the device...

What more could a man want...:rolleyes:

In this entire torture like relationship between the writer and me as a viewer, Jipyeong's smiles

were the real thing.

:loveu:

EoetyNDXUAciIqV?format=jpg&name=medium

from TvN

• Like 6

12 hours ago, queeniemad said:

For me there was no triangle. For a love triangle to be compelling, there should be some reciprocity or even clear sign of a possibility of a loveline switch.

But at least in my view, DM was clearly into DS only from the start to the end. Never wavered even when the letter lie was exposed, and the lie exposure only put her in a state of hurt and confusion as to whether she loved the DS in the letters (which was a persona that the teen JP expressed but was nothing like the JP of the present), or whether she love DS as-is. Her confusion then was not whether she like JP or DS.  It was just DS version 1 or DS version 2. 

So I watched the drama with a clarity that if JP did fall in love with DM, it was one-sided all the way and I was never bothered by those unrequited feelings.  Basically I rooted for Dodal from the moment DS walked into the networking party to meet DM for the first time. 

Couldn’t agree more. I thought JP never really had a chance with Dalmi. It even bothered me that in the first few episodes, Dalmi did not look for Dosan (from the letters) either until she was put in a tight situation-the invitation from Injae. She looked for him not out of love but out of need.

Then I realised that during those times that she was hanging on to those letters, she was also kinda stuck with what happened in the past, not being able to catch up with Injae and being in an unrewarding job. As such, The letter has become her source of happiness. The words comforted her but it does not necessarily mean it connected her to the writer. 

Then her turning point  came - when she quit her job and got in at sandbox. From  thereon, things has changed for Dalmi. 

Maybe it’s the Dodal shipper in me but I believe that even without the letters, Dosan and Dalmi will still meet (at sandbox) and would still fall for each other because of things (attraction, compatibility, how they enjoy being around each other) already explained in other posts. :D

I love JP’s ending, I was only hoping for a family but I think it was smarter to give him a purpose. He’ll be able to give an opportunity to orphans just like him. To anyone who has changed someone’s life because of a

simple gesture, you know that this is another level of fulfilment. I’m also happy that he would become part of the company he helped build. I’m not so worried about him being around Dosan and Dalmi. While they say first love never dies, true love can bury a first love alive. This is true for Dalmi and would also be true for Jipyeong.

Just like everyone else, I would have wanted to see more of Injae. So bad, I wish they’ll make a spin off. I see the spark between her and JP, maybe a mentor vs mentor storyline? Throw in Yongsan too and we’ll have another battle. Team JiJae vs Team YongJae? LOL! And please a cameo of DoDal too with mini Dosan and mini Dalmi. Add Chulsan and Saha too because I’m really going to miss this bunch.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, wze2702 said:

I think the letters were important to her during that part of her life but it doesn’t mean the letters dictate her whole life. She met DS and found someone and something which she values greatly too and it doesn’t mean those letters weren’t important to her. While she relied on those letters in the past, she found someone she cherish even more to share her future with. She stopped relying on an imaginative first love and decided to share her life with someone else in real life.

I don’t really think it’s an unbelievable aspect of life. 

You are spot on. I think a lot of JP's shippers are so fixated on the history and the letters between JP and DM that they forget what this whole drama is about. Similarly to our reality, certain things we used to treasure in the past would inevitably become part of our memories, and remain just that. The fact that young DM couldn't move on from the letters is because she was infatuating with the idea of her ideal man, but once reality hits, she sees that her infatuation is different from her reality.

People grow up and move on, especially how this drama has been portrayed over and over again about timing and opportunities. The writer intended for her characters to grow, despite having that memory of the past, DM still has the clarity to understand her heart and the foresight to see her future with her chosen partner. 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, NerdyAjumma said:

You are spot on. I think a lot of JP's shippers are so fixated on the history and the letters between JP and DM that they forget what this whole drama is about. Similarly to our reality, certain things we used to treasure in the past would inevitably become part of our memories, and remain just that. The fact that young DM couldn't move on from the letters is because she was infatuating with the idea of her ideal man, but once reality hits, she sees that her infatuation is different from her reality.

People grow up and move on, especially how this drama has been portrayed over and over again about timing and opportunities. The writer intended for her characters to grow, despite having that memory of the past, DM still has the clarity to understand her heart and the foresight to see her future with her chosen partner. 

I 3rd/4th/1000x agree with this too. There are so many kdrama tropes where we get the main couple who “happens” to know each other from childhood in some way, shape or form. It’s cute and nostalgic but this trope is way overused. Sometimes that trope even makes me sad cause I am way past the age I could have met the love of my life as a child. Hindsight is 20/20 and I shoulda told my 6yo self to stick to every guy friend I had. :sad1:

• Like 6

I adored this show. It was sooooooo cute, all the way through. It's the very definition of a feel-good show. Tragedy and hard-knocks were a part of it, but everyone made it through and were better for it. I am a cynic and this could have been eye-rolling cornball stuff, but it worked 100% to move and thrill me, and I watched most of it hugging myself and squeeing. Can't ask for more than that from a drama.

• Like 5
  • Love 2